The Boy

THAT GIRL IS MINE
Chapter 2
The Boy
 
They arrived at the Jung’s mansion in time. As the Kim family stepped into the mansion, they were greeted by so many people JaeHa didn’t know. She just kept on holding firmly into her appa’s hand so that she won’t get lost. It was very crowded. And JaeHa hates crowds, but it was her parent’s decision to bring her to the party. She looked up to her parents and watches the people shaking hands with them. She glanced at her mother. ‘She looks so beautiful. I really want to be like her.’
 
Many people continue to come near them, mostly to chat and shake hands with the Kims. As the people continue to crowd them, JaeHa lost contact of her father’s hand and was swept away from them. She looks from left to right, but she couldn’t find them. So instead she finds her way out of the sea of people to look for an empty space in the hall. It took her a few minutes to get out from the crowd and found an empty table near the table of foods. She sat there timidly, still looking for her parents. 
 
About a few minutes that seem like forever for her, the sea of people finally dispersed. But, she could no longer see her parents. 
 
She was sitting there alone, almost on the verge of crying when suddenly she saw a handkerchief in front of her. She sniffed then looked up to see who owns the handkerchief. She was still pouting, seeing a very pretty guy who looks exactly like her, with blonde hair, rosy lips, almond shaped eyes; a kid version of her mother. And she was not mistaken. He stared down at her, smiling. JaeHa rubbed her eyes to see if she was hallucinating. The boy still stood there, smiling as wide as ever, his hands outstretched waiting for her to take the handkerchief which she took hesitantly.
 
“Thank you.” Jae Ha muttered looking down on her lap where she was now playing with the handkerchief.
 
“You seemed lost.” He finally spoke. JaeHa shot her head upwards to look at him again, and their eyes met. She blushed seeing his face very close to her. “Why are you crying? Where are your eomma and appa?”
 
“I…I…lost them.” JaeHa hung her head low again. “There were so many people around them and I lost my appa’s hold on me.”
 
JaeHa began to sob. She used the boy’s handkerchief to stiffle the noise as she started to cry. But the boy just remained his composure; he then patted JaeHa’s hair, leaned closely to her until his lips nearly touching her earlobe.
 
“You shouldn’t cry, you know.” The boy said softly, blowing hot air into her ears making her shiver. But she never stopped sobbing. “We’ll find your parents for sure. They will never leave you here.”
 
JaeHa looked up to face him. Her eyes were swollen from crying. And her lips turning into a pout. The boy smirked mentally. ‘She looks cute when she’s crying’
 
“What if I won’t find them?” JaeHa panicked looking around for any sign of her parents, but then looked back to staring at the boy.
 
“I’ll help you find them.” He said assuringly. He took a step back and held a hand for JaeHa. Jae gladly took it and let herself being dragged by the boy to the dance floor.
 
They reached the dance floor and JaeHa was swept into the boys embrace as the boy started guiding her to dance. JaeHa became confused. She frowned at the boy.
 
“I thought we’re going to look for my parents.” She asked, curious. The boy just smiled.
 
“I just thought maybe we could dance first. You know, your parents can’t see you crying, they’ll be worried.” The boy said, matter-of-fact.
 
“But I want to find them.” JaeHa whined. And the boy smirked. “I want to go home. I hate crowded places and I am so tired!” She stomped her foot and the boy laughed.
 
“You know you’re cute.”
 
JaeHa’s eyes widened. The boy just smiled his perfect smile.
 
“By the way, my name’s JaeJoong”
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Chapter 2 is done!!
Comments?
Thank you!!!
 
mwah/hugs