Chapter 10

THAT GIRL IS MINE

 

Chapter 10

 

Three months has passed and Jaeha’s life changed after Yunho came into picture. Both of them became close to each other, restarting afresh from their not so good first meeting. But what Jaeha found out later, Yunho’s intention was different. And it worried her too much. She learned from Jaejoong that Yunho was a playboy but, “After he met you, he seemed to have changed.” Then Yunho started sending her flowers and invited her to dinners. This made the latter uneasy. It was not like she was doing something wrong, but she has a boyfriend and getting close to Yunho feels like she was giving the man a chance.

JaeHa would receive flowers ones every other day. Being the aggressive and stubborn Yunho is, he would surprise her on her doorsteps and drag her to places. May it be the amusement park, coffee shops or restaurants for diner and lunch, just so he can spend some time with her? Jaejoong even thought Jaeha finally met her match. Jaeha may be a bad girl to Jaejoong but she can never win over Yunho. And with that, she would get into a troublesome situation when Yoochun would call. She don’t want to, but she would lie to him everytime she’s with Yunho. She was starting to become guilty. She would never lie to Yoochun. And she could never tell him about Yunho. Not now. Maybe… when the right time comes.

Yoochun knows Jaeha very well. They have been friends for a long time before they became an official couple. He knows there is something she was not telling him. But he loves her too much that he trusts her with his whole heart. But he could not put all the worries behind his head, not when it involves his love. He notices her absences and sometimes she would cancel their dates. And it causes him to worry. He already went to Jaejoong and Junsu to ask, but all they gave him were apologies.

Jaejoong knows what was happening, and he already gave Yunho a warning. They are friends, but he would never let anyone hurt his cousin, most especially Yoochun. Yoochun who was second fragile to Junsu. He would break down easily. Being the strong girl Jaeha is, she’s always there to comfort and protect him.

Yunho is very stubborn. He’s a demanding and a very persistent young man. But that’s just the bad side of him. On the good side, he’s honest but very frank, responsible and now, he stopped being a playboy and becomes serious on Jaeha. Jaejoong was happy to see some good changes in Yunho but he still would never want Yunho to be the one to destroy the precious relationship JaeHa and Yoochun had built together. Since Jaejoong was the first to know that Yoochun was going to propose to Jaeha and asks her for marriage on their third year anniversary in less than two months. And Jaejoong felt guilty. He’s going to stop Yunho. If it would cost their friendship, he would not want Jaeha and Yoochun to get hurt. His dongsaengs.


Yunho was sitting behind his office desk in the Jung Company. He was playing with his pen, a wide grin plastered on his face. All he could think about for the past 3 months was JaeHa. How beautiful she is. Her strong aura. Her big doe eyes, pointed nose, porcelain skin. And her pink lips. Those lips that he so much want to kiss.

He smirked. He remembered what Jaejoong told him. He smirked even more. Heck!

FLASHBACK

Two men were sitting inside the office of the Kim fashion enterprise. After the meeting was over, Jaejoong moved his chair closer to Yunho, his face painted with seriousness. Yunho glanced over at him, seeing his expression; he closed his laptop and turned his attention to him.

“Something wrong, Jaejoong?” Yunho asked a look of concern on his face.

“Do you…” Jaejoong felt hesitant at the moment. But he knew he should ask him now. “Do you like my cousin Yunho?”

Yunho became silent for a split second before he said, “Yes.” There was a look of seriousness on his face, telling Jaejoong that he indeed was telling the truth. Jaejoong sighed. He was worried. He knows Yunho more than anyone. But it’s not like Yunho’s a totally bad guy, he’s just a playboy. And he’s afraid his habit of playing with girl’s heart won’t change. And he doesn’t want Yunho to play with JaeHa. “I don’t know Jaejoong, but whenever I’m with her, everything for me just seems right. It’s like I have never been a playboy my entire life.”

He was staring into space, confessing to Jaejoong everything he felt for the girl. Jaejoong was just listening. But, inside him, he doesn’t want to hear more. As Yunho continues to talk, Jaejoong sensed he suddenly stops, and then he could see a sad face on Yunho.

“…but… I know I can never have her fully.” He said, faking a very weak smile. “Yoochun…”

“Yunho…” Jaejoong couldn’t say anything more. And the last word he uttered, “Don’t.”

~~~~~~~~~~~