Day 7: Our 10 Minutes Date

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

"Take a look at the soft pattern of this gown," A gorgeous slim middle aged woman ran her fingers through the fabric as she stood facing about 20 students in the lecture hall.

Ahreum bit her lower lip as she listened atentively to her lecturer while taking some notes once in a while. She drew the pattern beside her notes and unconciously scribbled down a random design of her own gown.

Not long after, a music could be heard from the hall, signaling the end of the lecture. Her campus chose to use music instead of bell, cause it was less surprising and annoying.

The students chatted among themselves and quickly packed their books inside their bags. "And that marks the end of our lesson. Don't forget to do the project about the winter coat!" The lecturer shouted through the students voices. "And good luck for the drama!" She added with a smile before she took her Hermes handbag and left the class in her Chanel flats.

Ahreum felt a sudden nausious as she heard the word 'drama'. She had been kept awake the night before, thinking about the offer that Jieun and Jihye gave her. It wasn't even a big deal, any normal girl would have said 'yes' in a heart beat. Who would have passed an offer to stand on stage and acted in front of the whole campus? It would help to gain the popularity most people seek for.

But Ahreum was no ordinary girl. She would rather hide behind her cold facade and interact as little as possible with the people arround her. Then again, like Eunhyuk said, she needed to seize the opportunity. It would help her interact with the people on her campus and possibly made some new friends. She had been lonely as long as she could remember, she was secretly in need of a company.

Ahreum released a tense sigh as she scanned the room for the two girls. She found them talking with each other two rows from her right. Ahreum took another deep breath and chanted words of encouragement for herself inside her head.

She walked slowly and approached the two girls. Jieun and Jihye didn't even realize that she was standing beside them as they were chatting excitedly about a TV drama or something.

Ahreum bit her lower lip nervously and finally patted Jieun lightly on the shoulder. Jieun turned her head and gasped in surprise, "Ahreum-ssi!" She looked baffled for a while as Ahreum was never the one to approch her first. "Do you need anything?"

Ahreum opened slightly, trying to cook the right words in her head. Damn, I'm never going to make friends with my social skill! She mentally cursed herself. "Uhm, I've been thinking about your offer last night..." She started with a small voice.

Jihye stood from the desk and put on her backpack. "You have?" She asked excitedly.

"And...? What's your desicion?" Jieun asked expectantly. She crossed her fingers behind her back, secretly hoping to hear a good news.

Ahreum tucked her hair behind her ear and glanced worriedly at them. "I think I'm gonna try out for the part."

Jieun and Jihye hugged each other and giggled excitedly at her words. "Try out? There's no need to do that! We didn't make an open audition for the 'Snow White' part, we only offered it to you!" Jihye waved her hand in a nonchalant manner at Ahreum. They were both in charge for the casting of the drama. And they felt so relief to finally have found the right person for the part.

Ahreum widened her eyes at her answer. "Really? So that means... I'm in?" She asked them hesitantly.

"Yes! Of course you are, you silly!" Jieun gave Ahreum a tight hug which surprised her. She didn't hug back and just stood there awkwardly. But Jieun couldn't care less.

"Are you guys going to get some lunch? I'm starving." Suddenly there was a heavy voice appearing out of nowhere behind them. Ahreum jumped slightly in surprise before she turned her head to the owner of the voice.

There stood a really handsome boy, smiled teasingly at them. His black hair was slightly tousled and every feature on his face just fit each other awesomely. All in all, he was definitely one of the hottie in the campus.

Ahreum raised an eyebrow at him. "And you are...?" She asked him with her signature blank face. Rude, interrupting people in the middle of their conversation, she thought to herself. 

The boy raised an eyebrow back at her with an amused smile on his face. "You're talking to me?"

Ahreum held herself back from scoffing. "Who else would I talk to? The board?"

Jieun pulled her arm slightly, worrying that a war might occur between Ahreum and the boy. "Ahreum-ssi, he was jus-"

The boy raised a hand at Jieun, stopping her from talking with the smile still plastered on his face. He found the situation amusing.

"No, I mean, we've been taking the same classes for almost three years and not once, not even once, you ever said a word to me." The boy put his hands inside his jeans pocket.

Ahreum was shocked with the newly found information. "You're in my class?"

"See, you didn't even notice me," the boy chuckled and smiled even wider at Ahreum's guilty expression. "I'm Shin Minhyuk, by the way." He offered a hand at her, trying to ease the awkward atmosphere.

Ahreum just stared a him for a while before she shook his hand hesitantly. "Lee Ahreum," she introduced herself. "And I'm sorry," she muttered her apology, not bother to look him in the eyes. She was so embarassed, her ears turning slightly red.

Minhyuk laughed and nodded his head absentmindedly. "I know. I've been sitting behind you since the start of this semester."

"Really?" Ahreum whispered in disbelief.

"You two should get to know each other better. It'll do great for the chemistry on stage." Jihye smiled at the funny pair in front of her.

"Huh?" Ahreum and Minhyuk turned their head confusedly at Jihye at the same time.

Jieun slapped her forehead lightly and laughed. "I forget to introduce you to each other. Minhyuk, this is 'Snow White'. And 'Snow White', meet your prince."

Ahreum and Minhyuk looked at each other quickly after the shocking revelation. Ahreum eyes got even bigger and was slightly opened due to the shock. Minhyuk laughed and stared at her with his sharp brown eyes.

"Hope we can get along well, princess."


Ahreum took a sip of her vanilla frappucino, with milk, not coffee. She propped her chin on her hand as she stared at the busy street of Seoul behind the big glass window.

She turned her head lazily to the noisy people seated beside and in front of her. Turned out that Minhyuk was also a close friend of Jieun and Jihye. They came in a pack, inseperable. All this time, Ahreum thought it was only Jieun and Jihye who tried to get closer to her. She never noticed that Minhyuk would always tagged along behind them. And she definitely never noticed how he tried to talk to her a couple of times while in class. She really was clueless.

It was the first time ever that Ahreum finally agreed to have lunch with the three. She didn't say anything much and just smiled several times at their funny stories. She wouldn't admit it, but she actually liked feeling that she was finally belonged somewhere.

Ahreum shifted her attention to her phone when it suddenly vibrated. A message icon appeared on its screen.

 

From: Lee Hyukjae

Don't plan anything for the date tonight, my schedule's just crazy. Sorry.

 

Ahreum furrowed her eyebrows as her eyes scanned the words on her cellphone's screen. She heaved a tired sigh after the realization dawned on her. She wouldn't get to see her boyfriend that night. For the past week, it had been the only thing that kept her going through the day. Now, she must spent her night alone, just like she used to before.

"What's with the long face?" Jieun asked her worriedly.

Ahreum didn't answer and just sipped her drink, trying to avoid the topic.

"Was it your boyfriend?" Minhyuk sipped his drink and glanced at her. He was sitting beside her, and he had notice the change of Ahreum's expression after she received the text message.

Ahreum played with her straw. "Sort of."

Minhyuk nodded, understanding the situation right away. "Let me guess. He cancelled on you tonight?"

Ahreum glanced back at him, feeling slightly surprised by the precise guess. "Sort of..."

Jihye gasped at her answer. She knew that Minhyuk was always good at relationship thingy, but she wouldn't have thought that he would also understood an extraordinary girl like Ahreum right away.

"Go to him," Minhyuk stated simply. "I don't know the reason why he cancelled on you, but I'm sure it's a good one. He may not show it, but he misses you. Trust me. Been there, done that." He nonchalantly gave her advice as he chewed on his cinnamont roll.

Ahreum stared at him for the longest time until a small smile formed on her face. I think I might just do that.


Eunhyuk stared at his cellphone, waiting for it to vibrate any moment then. But it just remained motionless, lying on his dressing table at the waiting room of MBC.

He sent a text to Ahreum earlier that day, telling her not to come by that night cause he would have no time to spare for their date. He even added 'sorry' at the end of the text, which took many type-and-delete and re-thoughts before he finally typed it quickly and hit 'send' right away. He let out a nervous sigh after and waited for her reply, which was what he had been doing for the past 10 hours.

It was 11 pm and she still hadn't reply to his text. Eunhyuk was at lost. He didn't know what to do then. Was she mad? Did she just forget to reply? or was it an error from his phone? Many possibilities crossed his mind, and it just made him even more anxious.

Why should I care? Isn't it nice to take a break from her after almost a week of seing her every night? Eunhyuk tried to convince himself.

No, replied another voice inside of his head.

And it hit him. The voice was right. It wasn't okay for him not to see her that night. If he didn't care, he wouldn't bother waiting for her reply. If he didn't care, he wouldn't feel worried about her feelings. If he didn't care, she wouldn't occupy his mind all day long.

eunhyuk covered his face with his hands and groaned out of frustration. Before he could confuse himself even more, his manager called for him. "Eunhyuk-ah, come on! We need to get to the set!"

Eunhyuk put his cellphone back in his jeans and stood up immediately. They were heading to a studio for a magazine photoshoot. The studio was only approximately 15 minutes away from the MBC building.

He exited the waiting room and headed to the van that was parked beside the building with the rest of s. Eunhyuk pulled his hoodie higher to cover up his face as he lazily walk outside.

He shared the van with Leeteuk, Siwon, and Donghae. He stood last in the line as the other members get in the van one by one. Leeteuk was the first one to enter the van, but he suddenly stopped abruptly at the door, shock was written all over his face. He let out his unique high-pitched laughter and continued to enter the van.

Eunhyuk looked at him weirdly. He really need some rest, Eunhyuk thought and rolled his eyes.

But what weirded him out even more was, almost all the members in front of him had the exact same reaction as Leeteuk before they entered the van. Eunhyuk just shook his head, thinking they were all too tired already.

It was finally his turn to enter the van. Eunhyuk noticed that the other three members squeezed themselves on the second row seats. "What are you guys doing?" He asked them confusedly. Donghae would usually sat with him at the third row. "Why are you all squeezing like that? Weirdos." Eunhyuk scoffed and stepped inside the van.

Once he was inside and about to go to the third row, he finally knew the reason behind their weird action.

Eunhyuk gaped as his eyes widened. A small surprised laughter escaped his lips. "Wha- What are you doing here?"

"Surprise!" Ahreum laughed as she waved shyly at him. She really hoped to God that Eunhyuk wouldn't get mad at her like the last time she tried to surprise him.

Eunhyuk made his way to the third row seat and sat beside Ahreum. He her silky hair and tucked it behind her hair gently, wanting to make sure that she was real. He grinned as his thumb her cheek softly, feeling her warmth underneath his skin.

Ahreum blushed, but she smiled nonetheless. She was beyond happy that Eunhyuk didn't react like the last time he did.

"Happy to see me?" Ahreum asked him teasingly.

"Mhm," Eunhyuk nodded as the smile still plastered on his face. Ahreum's eyes slightly widened, she expected him to scoff or said 'yeah right...' or something along the line. She definitely didn't expect him to admit the total opposite.

Ahreum leaned her face against his palm that was still cupping her cheek unconciously. She smiled adorably at him. Made his heart beat faster for  a second with her killer eye-smile.

Eunhyuk coughed and pulled his hand slowly form her. "What are you doing here?" he repeated his question at her. "Did you plan something for us?" He narrowed his eyes suspisciously at her.

"Mhm," Ahreum nodded. "This is our 10 minutes date!" She laughed and clapped her hands together.

Eunhyuk tilted his head in confuse. "Huh? Our what?"

"How was your day?" Ahreum didn't bother to answer him and started on another conversation.

Eunhyuk was slightly baffled by the sudden change of topic, but he answered it nonetheless. "It was really hectic, I didn't get to rest even for a sec," he shook his head tiredly. "How was yours?" He glanced at her and smiled.

"Mine was boring as usual. College and part time job," Ahreum pouted as she recalled her activities that day. "Oh! I took the part in the drama!" She smiled and announced it proudly.

Eunhyuk laughed and her hair gently. "You'll do great."

"And I made some new friends," She smiled softly at the thought.

"That's awesome." Eunhyuk nodded absentmindedly at her. He couldn't find a more proper response, her smile distracted him. And her scent just made it even harder for him to control himself.

Leetetuk, Siwon, and Donghae exchanged meaningful glances at each other. They didn't know whether Eunhyuk realized it or not, but he had gotten much more comfortable with Ahreum. They were surprised by the amount of skinship he initiated at her.

Ahreum felt her inside flipped at his touch. She quickly pulled away before she wanted something more. "Are you hungry, Hyukjae-ssi?" She asked him as she rummaged through her backpack. Eunhyuk was slightly taken aback by the term she used to address him. But then he realized that they weren't alone inside the van. He was the one who asked her not to ever called him 'oppa' in front of anybody else.

He regretted his harsh desicion badly.

Eunhyuk nodded at her question. "I ate bread for my dinner. We didn't have time to sit and eat properly."

"Ta-da!" Ahreum grinned as she handed him something round and smelled good.

Eunhyuk opened the wrapper and laughed happily as he saw what was inside it. "Cheeseburger!" Eunhyuk took a big bite of it. He didn't even know how hungry he was until the burger melted in his mouth.

The other members watched the couple in envy as they stared hungrily at the burger. Leeteuk patted both Siwon and Donghae's shoulder. "I know guys, we should get ourselves a girlfriend." Donghae just sighed tiredly while Siwon stared dreamily at God-knows-what outside the window.

Ahreum took a small bite of her cheeseburger and smiled secretly as she saw Eunhyuk eating his. She chuckled at his messy way of eating. She reached out for his face and wiped away the sauce at the corner of his mouth.

"I know a 5 year old kid who eats better than you," Ahreum teased Eunhyuk as she gently wiped the sauce with her thumb.

Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes at her and bit her thumb playfully. "Yah!" Ahreum gasped in surprise and slapped him in the arm.

Eunhyuk laughed and reached for her hand. "I'm just kdding." He took her fingers in his and kissed her thumb softy. "Does it hurt?"

Ahreum blushed madly and shook her head slowly. "Good," Eunhyuk smiled and closed his eyes as he gave her thumb another gentle kiss.

She smiled back unknowingly. Since Eunhyuk was still holding her hand, she put her burger on her lap and took the instax camera with her free hand.  "Picture time." She pulled her hand away from Eunhyuk for the umpteenth time that night.

Their head slightly touched each other as they both bit on their cheeseburger and posed cutely at the camera. Ahreum gave one of the picture to Eunhyuk and he smiled seeing the result. They both looked really funny and adorable. People would actually think they were a real couple.

"Oppa," Ahreum whispered to his ear.

"Hm?" Eunhyuk turned his attention back to her. 

"I wanna show you something." Ahreum took her iPad from her backpack and started swiping her fingers against the screen, searching for a certain video.

Eunhyuk watched curiously at the screen as it started to play what seemed to be a movie trailer. "This is James Bond latest film, Skyfall." Ahreum explained to him.

Eunhyuk nodded at her words. He still didn't understand why she would show him the video. "I really wanna watch this when it comes out," Ahreum smiled as she put her iPad back in her backpack.

Eunhyuk drank some water before he turned his gaze at her and smiled. "Okay, we'll watch it together later." He rested his chin on top of her head and breathe in her sweet and intoxicating scent.

Ahreum laughed and hit his chest playfully. "It's a date."

Eunhyuk hummed in agreement as he played with her hair.

Suddenly, the van came to a stop. Eunhyuk looked outside the window confusedly before he realized that they had arrived at the studio for the photoshoot.

"Exactly 10 minutes," Ahreum laughed and pointed at her watch.

Eunhyuk gazed at her while trying to hide the guilt that was starting to form in his guts. "I'm really sorry we couldn't go on a date tonight."

Ahreum smiled at his words. "What are you talking about? We just had one."

"Huh?" Eunhyuk raised an eyebrow at her.

"We talked about our day, we ate supper together, and watch a movie just now." Ahreum laughed and continued, "Well, just consider the trailer as a movie. We even made a plan for another date!"

Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to recall everthing they did earlier.

"So It was our 10 minutes date?" He asked her slowly.

"Yeah," She smiled as she once again put her finger in between his eyebrows and smoothened the wrinkles there. "I told you, don't think too much."

Eunhyuk let out a small laugh and gazed back at her warm mesmerizing eyes.

"Eunhyuk-ah, time to go." His manager coughed rather loudly and called him from outside the van. All the other members already got out of it.

"Coming!" Eunhyuk turned his attention back at her and smiled. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Mhm," Ahreum smiled back and nodded. "Do well on your photoshoot, Hyuk oppa."

Eunhyuk grinned and hopped out of the van. He watched until the van was out of his sight before he started walking inside the building. His manager promised him to take Ahreum to the nearest bus station and that he would wait until she got in the bus.

Eunhyuk entered the waiting room and saw his other members were sprawled all over the room. Donghae groaned seeing him as he complained, "I wanna have a grilfriend too!"

Leeteuk sighed as he played with his cellphone. "Envy... I just envy you."

Siwon walked pass by him and patted his shoulder, "What Ahreum did was really sweet. I'd kill to have a girlfriend like her."

Eunhyuk laughed at s complaints and put his backpack on the floor.

He stared at the picture he took earlier with Ahreum and smiled to himself. She's mine. Go get yourself your own girlfriend.


Hi guys! :)

Ugh, I don't know why but I feel like this is such a lame update. I've been so busy lately, sorry for not updating faster.

Sooo, what do you think about this chapter? Give me comments so I know what you guys want me to put in this story, okaaay?

Oh, and I added a new character in this story. Meet Shin Minhyuk! His role would be revealed as the story progresses. So keep reading! :D

And I'm sorry for not doing a proof-reading before updating this chapter. I'll fix it later if I'm not too lazy to do it, hehe.

For those of you who haven't subscribe, please do! It would mean alot to me :)

See ya!