Prologue: 30 Days Is All I Need

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

Lee Ahreum wasn't a typical young adult you would find on the streets of Seoul. At the age of 21, she didin't hangout at clubs, she didn't go to concerts, she didn't spend weekends with her friends, and she definitely wasn't dating anyone. No, it wasn't because she had trouble finding a boyfriend. As a matter of fact, boys would line-up just to get her number. She had a captivating beauty that would make anyone took a second glance, but she had the worst social skill any girl in this world could possibly have.

She didn't know how to communicate properly, her words sometimes came out a little bit too harsh. She didn't mean to, it was just the way she is. She didn't like to make small talks, her words was always to the point. But the strange thing was, she also didn't like to be alone. She loved to go to crowded place. She wouldn't have a hard time finding a company, she was a magnet wherever she goes. 

Her beauty was almost deadly, girls felt threatened, and boys felt challenged. When you combined her personality with her beauty, there was only one word that came to every girls' mind: .

But just like what the wise man once said, "there's always a reason behind everything". Or should we say, "there's always a reason behind a y attitude".


It was a bright sunday morning, Ahreum was casually strolling down the street of Seoul. She was heading to one of the big 3 entertainment company in South Korea, SM entertainment. She was meeting her cousin there, the Lee Sungmin of Super Junior. Not many people knew about this fact, because she didn't like to brag about it. One time, some of her college friends found out about it. By the end of the day, she had hundreds of letters and gifts dedicated to Super Junior, swarming her locker. She hated it.

"Excuse me, miss," someone tapped her shoulder lightly.

Ahreum turned her head to find a tall middle-aged man in a suit. "Yes?"

He took out a business cars from his suit pocket and handed it to her. "I'm sure you've received many offers like this. But I can gurantee that you'll be famous in abo-"

"Not interested." Ahreum said calmy as she handed him back the business card and left without another word. Don't you dare chase me, I don't wanna be a this early in the morning, Ahreum thought to herself. Luckily, the man wasn't as persistent as the other agencies' agents she had encounter in the past.

Yeah, he was right. She had received many love calls from different entertainment agencies. But she wasn't interested, let's just say... It' wasn't her passion.

Ahreum took a glance at her watch and quickened her steps. She was running late. It didn't really matter if she didn't make it on time. Her cousin would never be mad at her over such little thing. But that day was different, she was on a mission.


Ahreum reached the building 10 minutes later. She texted Sungmin to ask him about his whereabouts. Not until 1 minute later, Sungmin replied back.

From: Sungminnie oppa

I'm at the usual dance studio. Come on up, Ahreum-ah.

Ahreum stood from the couch and immediately headed towards the dance studio on the second floor. Her heart was thumping like crazy and her hands were as cold as ever. She felt numb all over her body.

I'm probably gonna make the biggest mistake in my life. I know I'm gonna look stupid, but please don't make me look like and idiot. I don't know how You're going to do it, but please just help me, God. Ahreum kept on praying and talking to herself, and before she even realized it, she was already in front of the dance studio. She took a deep breath and placed her hand on the door's handle before she slowly opened it.

Ne-yo's Go On Girls was playing at a max volume from the speaker and only one person stood in the middle of the dance studio, dancing fluidly to the song.

Ahreum felt her heart stop beating at that exact moment. God, have some mercy.

Lee Hyukjae, or many of his fans like to call him, Eunhyuk, was moving his body confidently, matching to the rhythm of the song. The rest of the Super Junior members were sprawled around the room, taking a break from the practice. But she couldn't care less, she only had her eyes on one particular man. She had to remind herself to breathe, seeing Eunhyuk covered in sweat and dancing passionately.

Yesung was the first one to notice her presence. "Ahreum-ah!" He ran towards her and gave her a bear hug. Soon, the rest of the team followed and squeezed her in a group hug. She laughed and hug them back one by one. Yes, she was a to everyone else, but not to the Super Junior members who she already considered as her family. She can be nice, she just... didn't want to.

Eunhyuk turned his attention to his noisy members to see what was all the commotion about. He scoffed once he met eyes with a small-framed girl with long black hair. He turned off the music and wiped the sweat off his face. He wasn't going to welcome Ahreum like his other members did. He never liked her, he never knew why. Probably because of her cold exterior and the way she behaved towards other people. Ryeowook told him to give her a chance, but he didn't see why he should do that. Not in a million years he would ever understand why s loved her so much.

Oh, and he had another reason why he didn't want to be close to her. It was because he knew that she liked him. She was never shy to show it. He didn't want to give her false hope. And he hated her guts.

Ahreum sighed heavily as she saw Eunhyuk sat on the opposite end of the room from s. She knew he was avoiding her. How ironic, the one person that she liked, hated her.


The Super Junior members finished practicing for their choreography 2 hours later, which felt like ages for Ahreum. The members were starting to gather their stuffs and were going to shower before they headed to their personal schedules. It was the time she had been waiting for. One by one they started to left the studio after giving her a hug. Donghae asked her to meet up for lunch later that week, which she gladly agreed to.

Now the studio was empty except for her and one person who still gathered his stuff and took out his CD from the music player. He was always the last one to leave the studio.

Ahreum approached him slowly while trying to breathe normaly. "Eunhyuk-ssi, can I talk to you?" It was sad how she addressed him with honorifics while she called the other members 'oppa'.

Eunhyuk looked at her in surprise. He seemed to be a bit hesitant. She quickly added, "5 minutes, that's all I need."

Eunhyuk slung his bag over his shoulder and slowly made his way to the door. "Sorry, Ahreum-ssi. But I have sched-"

"Why do you hate me so much?" Ahreum cut his words and blurted out the question that had lingered in her mind for the past 5 years.

Eunhyuk eyes widened in surprise and his mouth was slightly opened. "I, I don't hate you."

"Please, you never wanted to talk to me and you always avoided me. I just need the reason why," Ahreum's voice trembled a bit. She tried not to show it, but she was embarassed to death on the inside. You've lost your mind, Ahreum-ah. Walk out that door and move to Ethiopia so you wouldn't have to face him ever again, her consciousness said.

Eunhyuk flustered face turned into a cold one after hearing her words. "Yes, maybe I do hate you. I don't like the way you treat people, and I hate the way you show other people how much you like me. It's a burden and I feel bothered." His words was cold and she felt like dying on the inside hearing it. But it wasn't something unexepected, she had prepared herself.

Ahreum was silent for a while. "So you know the fact that I like you?"

"How can I not?' Eunhyuk scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Then why don't you try to be my boyfriend?" Ahreum proposed calmly.

Eunhyuk looked at her in disbelief. "Are you crazy? I'm out of here." He turned around and started to walk towards the door.

Ahreum was starting to panic. This wasn't the way she planned the conversation to be. "Two months! No, 30 days! 30 days is all I need!" She blurted out without thinking. She gasped once the words left and mentally slapped herself for being an imbicile.

Eunhyuk stopped dead in his track. He turned his body slowly towards her. "What?"

Ahreum put her hands over out of shock. She slowly put down her hands and gathered her courage. You are one stupid girl, Ahreum-ah. But what's done is done, she thought to herself. She walked carefully towards Eunhyuk, afraid that he would walk out on her. But he remained in his place, not moving a bit.

"Be my boyfriend for 30 days. And then that's it, I won't bother you anymore." Ahreum stood in front of him and studied his perfect face.

Eunhyuk didn't say anything. His face remained neutral, it looked like he was considering her offer. "30 days... And you'll back off, right?"

"Right. 30 days and I'll back off," Ahreum answered carefully. She didn't want to get her hopes high, but it seemed like he was about to say...

"Fine," Eunhyuk suddenly said.

"Huh?" Ahreum was shocked for a moment. She was dumbfounded.

"I said, fine. I'll be your boyfriend for 30 days," he quickly added, "as long as you promise me you'll completely back off after that."

Ahreum took a deep breath and nodded her head. "Okay, I promise."

"And before I could give you any false hopes, I just want to remind you that everthing I say and the way I treat you for the next 30 days is just going to be an act. Nothing more." Eunhyuk was contemplating whether or not it was the right thing to do. But then again, she said she wouldn't bother him anymore after. So he just needed to endure for the next 30 days.

"I know," it sadden her to hear the fact that it was all just going to be a big lie, but she it up. "I just have 1 condition. I gotta meet you everyday, 30 days in a row." she narrowed her eyes at him.

Eunhyuk took a step closer which startled her. He smirked and leaned down to her face and stopped a few inches away. "Then 30 days starting from tomorrow." He walked backwards with the smirk still glued to his face. He reached for the door's handle and opened it. "I'll see you tomorrow, girlfriend." he purposely emphasized the word 'girlfriend' and closed the door afterwards.

Ahreum was finally able to breathe again after Eunhyuk had gone from her eyesight. Her face was beet red and her temperature had risen above normal. She put her hand on her forehead and felt her body was getting warm. 

What have I gotten myself into?


Soooo, here's the first chapter guys :D what do you think?

The next chapters will be about the 30 days they spend together. Day 1, day 2, day 3, etc. Wow, I'm pretty excited about this story.

leave your thoughts and do subscribe :D I'll try not to disappoint you guys. Tell me what you want me to put in the story :) See ya!