Day 2: Late Night Walk

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

It was late at night, Eunhyuk and Leeteuk just finished recording for Strong Heart. After saying thank you to the guests, they approached them personally one by one in their waiting room and apologized for any harsh or witty comments they made during the recording of the show.

Eunhyuk dragged himself back to the waiting room he shared with Leeteuk. He was dead tired and he could barely open his eyes. All he wanted to do was just get back to the dorm as soon as possible and made love to his bed.
 
Eunhyuk slumped himself on the couch and rest the back of his head against the soft pillow. His eyes were covered with the back of his arm, he had zero power left. "Am I dead? Is this hell?" He closed his eyes and mumbled.
 
Leeteuk who was sitting next to him couldn't contain his laughter. He put down his iphone and patted Eunhyuk head in a fatherly way. "Are you high or something?"
 
"Yeah,maybe you're right. Maybe I should use drugs to boost my energy," Eunhyuk turned his head to Leeteuk and said in a mocking tone.
 
"Yah!" Leeteuk flicked his forehead playfully. "Seems like you're mentally older than me," he added with a smirk.
 
"I'm not a workaholic like you are, hyung. That's why I don't have those wrinkles on my face." Eunhyuk laughed and pointed at Leeteuk's face.
 
"Do you wish to die?!" Leeteuk was about to hit him with the pillow when suddenly they heard a soft knock on the door.
 
knock knock knock.
 
"Ugh, I hope it's not one of our hoobae who come here to talk with us. I just wanna go home and sleep," Eunhyuk frowned and narrowed his eyes at the door.
 
"It's official now. Either you're having PMS or you are indeed an ," Leeteuk put the pillow back beside him and shrugged.
 
Their manager immediately rushed to the door and opened it slightly. Once he saw the person behind the door, a smile appeared on his tired face. He was engaged in a small talk with the said person before he stepped aside to let the person in.
 
Huh, seems like manager hyung knows the person well, Eunhyuk was starting to get curious.
 
His curiosity was answered right away once the person peeked her head inside the room and walked in carefully.
 
Eunhyuk's jaw was already on the floor by then. "What is she doing here?" He whispered to Leeteuk in a deadly tone.
 
Leeteuk laughed at Eunhyuk's face and got himself off the couch. "I don't know. But it seems like you won't be resting any time soon."
 
With that, he approached Ahreum with a big smile and gave her a brotherly hug. "How's my little sister doing?" Leeteuk ruffled her hair slightly.
 
Ahreum just gave him a small smile. "Here, I brought you a hot chocolate, oppa." She took out a cup of hot chocolate from the plastic bag she brought and gave it to Leeteuk.
 
"Some sugar, this is exactly what I need." Leeteuk grinned at the sight of the drink. He needed to stay up late to do some composing, and it was better for him to have more sugar on his system rather than cafein. "Thanks, Ahreum-ah."
 
Ahreum just nodded while her eyes were focused on the person who was sitting on the couch behind Leeteuk and purposedly avoiding eye contact with her.
 
Leeteuk followed her gaze and realized that he had been interupting something. He chuckled to himself and gave Ahreum another brief hug, "I gotta go talk to the PD. See you around, Ahreum-ah."
 
"Take care, oppa." Ahreum said absentmindedly.
 
After Leeteuk left, Ahreum just stood still in her place. The unfriendly vibe she got from Eunhyuk made her afraid to approach him. He always looked pissed whenever she was around, but that night he looked furious. Did I do something wrong? I barely saw him for 5 minutes today and he's already mad at me. Way to go, Lee Ahreum.
 
Ahreum sighed slowly and took a deep breath before she finally took a step closer to Eunhyuk and started to approach him slowly. Eunhyuk didn't say anything and kept playing with his cellphone. So Ahreum decided to sit next to him on the couch. She made sure that there was enough distance between them, just in case Eunhyuk suddenly decided to snap on her.
 
Eunhyuk suddenly turned his head and looked at her with a piercing gaze, "What are you doing here?"
 
Ahreum was startled with his sudden question. "I, um, I came to see you, Hyukjae-ssi."
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes at her answer. "Obviously."
 
"Then why did you ask?" Ahreum raised one of her eyebrows. What's with this guy...
 
Eunhyuk let out a frustrated sigh. "But what if manager hyung become suspici-"
 
"I already told him about our situation. No worries," Ahreum cut his words and gave him an innocent smile.
 
Eunhyuk stared at her in shock. "You what?!"
 
"He doesn't object, as long as we keep it down low." Ahreum stated calmly.
 
Eunhyuk shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair. Talking to her is just impossible.
 
Ahreum suddenly stood up from the couch and handed him his jacket. "Wanna go for a walk?"
 
"What? Why would I? No," Eunhyuk answered with an annoyed expression.
 
"It's our date. You kinda have to agree." Ahreum slung her mini backpack on and walked towards the door.
 
Eunhyuk couldn't believe what he was hearing and remained seated on the couch. Ahreum clucked her tongue and wiggled her finger at him impatiently. "Hurry up."
 
Eunhyuk took a deep breath to calm himself down. He put it on his jacket reluctantly and followed her to the door. His manager approached him from behind and patted his shoulder lightly, "Just give me a call when you're done. Be careful and have fun, okay?" his manager winked at him while suppressing his laughter.
 
Eunhyuk brushed his hand off of his shoulder and closed the door behind him harshly. He could hear the sound of the manager's laughter mixed with Leeteuk's annoying one.
 
"Aish!" He mumbled curse words under his breath and sped up his steps, trying to catch up with Ahreum.

"Yah, where are we going?" Eunhyuk whined as he followed Ahreum closely from behind. He had his hands inside his jacket pocket and his hoodie over his head. They just got out of SBS and building and was walking around the neighborhood.

It was almost midnight. Most of the shops had already closed and not many people around the street anymore. They were walking along the pavement quietly with nothing but the street lights accompanying them.

Ahreum stopped abruptly and turned her head towards him. She gave him an amused look. "I can't keep you for long since you need to rest, so we're just walking around the area."

Eunhyuk snickered at her answer. "You're ridiculous. Walking around with no destination in the middle of the night is just crazy."

Ahreum shrugged her shoulder and smiled a little. "As long as I got to spend some time with you."

"Yeah, right..." Eunhyuk kept on walking with an annoyed expression. He kept on whining like a little kid.

Ahreum suppressed her laughter and walked by his side. She nudged his arm playfully. "Come on, humor me. Just pretend we're like those celebrity couples who don't have a choice but to walk around their apartment for a date."

Eunhyuk laughed a little at her words. "What? Us?"

His laugh had always been a rare thing for her to see. He always seemed so pissed everytime she was around. So it was a great thing to have him laughed out of her joke. "There you go," Ahreum laughed along with him.

Eunhyuk's laugh slightly died down until only a small smile lingered on his face. He actually felt bad for being so mean towards Ahreum.

He stole a glance at her and found himself admiring her side profile. Wow, her eyelashes make her look really feminine. And her nose is really small. Cute, it goes along really well with her face. Without realizing it, he was already gazing at her far too long.

Ahreum felt his intent gaze and turned her head to the side. She caught him looking at her and they locked eyes for about 1 second before he turned his gaze back to the front. His ears were burning red, he felt awfully embarassed for getting caught.

They walked in silent for a while until Eunhyuk couldn't take it anymore. "How was your day?" He asked out of the blue.

Ahreum seemed a little shock by his question. She wasn't expecting him to make a small talk. "College, nothing interesting." She pouted a little, "How about you... Hyukjae-ssi?" She was hesitant on how she should address him. It just felt really weird calling your own boyfriend with such formality.

"Mmm... Let me see. Practicing, interview, photoshoots, recording. Nothing interesting." Eunhyuk joked and smiled mischievously at her.

Ahreum laughed at his answer. That was one of the thing that made her fell for him. He was just too nice. He would act kind towards anyone, even if he didn't really like the person. Like me, for example.

"Wow, the boring life of an idol," Ahreum tucked her hair behind her ear and chuckled.

"True," Eunhyuk looked down at the pavement and smiled. Somehow, he just couldn't bring himself to look at her. "Where's my drink?"

"What drink?" Ahreum shot him a confused look.

"You gave one to Leeteuk hyung just now. Where's mine?" Eunhyuk smirked and held out one of his hand.

"That was just some left over from the coffeshop I work at. I'll give you something better," Ahreum smiled sweetly at him. Again, her eye-smile made him tongue-tied.

"You're working at a coffeshop?" Eunhyuk cleared his throat and changed the subject quickly.

Ahreum nodded. "Yeah, 4 times a week."

"What for?" Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows.

"For the money, of course. I'm not working for the fun of it." Ahreum laughed a little. She found it funny how Eunhyuk asking for such an obvious question.

"Oh." Never thought she would want to waste her time on working. Guess there are so many things I haven't know about her yet...

Suddenly Ahreum stopped in front of a convenient store. "Wait here."

"What- Where are you going?" Eunhyuk asked her confusedly. Ahreum didn't answer him and just walked staright to the store. Eunhyuk heaved a sigh, he didn't have a choice but to waited patiently for her to come out.

Ahreum came out of the store moments later with her hands behind her back. She was smiling and seemed to be excited about something.

"What you got there?" Eunhyuk pointed at her hands.

"For you," Ahreum handed him a bottle of strawberry milk and a pack of strawberry pocky.

"What's this?" A grin broke into his face.

"Something better." Ahreum smiled happily at him and a hint of blush was showing on her face.

Eunhyuk's grin turned into a laughter. "Thank you," he opened the pocky and put one into his mouth, "I love these snacks."

"I know." Ahreum nodded and proceeded to walk by his side quietly.

Eunhyuk turned his head and gazed at her once again. He was munching his pocky absentmindedly. There was a weird feeling on his stomach, but he couldn't really figure out what it was.

They walked back towards the SBS building and stopped at a small park near it. They sat on a small bench facing the empty street. Ahreum took the instax camera out from her backpack. "Let's take a picture."

Eunhyuk scooted closer to Ahreum and held the pocky and the strawberry milk in front of him. They both smiled to the camera and Ahreum snapped the picture two times.

"You're getting better already." Ahreum smiled as she handed Eunhyuk the photo. In the photo, he had a small smile on his face. Unlike the previous photo in which he seemed like he was mad or something.

"You should call Jung Hoon oppa. It's getting late." Ahreum broke the silence. Kim Jung Hoon was the famous manager of Super Junior. He was really handsome, he even had his own fanclub.

"Huh? Oh, right," Eunhyuk was startled and quickly fished out his phone from his pocket.

Ahreum had been meaning to ask Eunhyuk this one question. But she didn't have the courage to.

"Do you want to ask me something?" Eunhyuk looked at her confusedly, she kept on opening and closing . Eunhyuk thought she looked really cute. Like a fish out of water.

Ahreum threw him an uncertain glance. But suddenly, there was black van stopping in front of the park. "Oh, there's my ride," Eunhyuk got up slowly from the bench. "Guess I'll see you tomorrow," He fixed his jacket and gave her a small smile.

Ahreum panicked at his sudden departure. She got from the bench quickly and held on to the hem of his jacket.

"I, I want to ask you something," Ahreum stuttered.

Eunhyuk turned to look at her. Her fingers were still holding the hem of his jacket. "Make it quick. Leeteuk hyung and Jung Hoon hyung is waiting for me."

Ahreum took a deep breath and gathered her courage. "Canicallyouoppa?"

She spoke too fast out of nervousness. Eunhyuk couldn't catch what she was saying. "Huh? What was that? Speak slowly." He shot her a confuse look and inched closer.

Ahreum bit her lower lip before started again. "Can I call you oppa?"

Eunhyuk was taken by surprise by her question. She couldn't look at him straight in the eyes and he could see that her cheeks were turning bright red even in the dark.

Just then, the manager honked and rolled down the window of the van. "Eunhyuk-ah, hurry up!"

Ahreum quickly released Eunhyuk's jacket from her grip. Eunhyuk didn't know what to say. "Do whatever you want," He finally said and looked at her for a while before he turned around and jogged down to the van.

Ahreum watched as he climbed into the car and threw her one last glance before he shut the door close. Despite his bitter answer, Ahreum couldn't help but felt happy. Like she had won a lottery or something.

This is how it should be, right? From what I know, girls called their boyfriend 'oppa', Ahreum smiled and thought to herself as she walked out of the park and headed home.


Eunhyuk rested his head on the car's seat and looked at nothing particular outside the window. He thought back about the date he just had with Ahreum.

There was a smile on his face as he munched the last strawberry pocky stick.


Woo-hoo, they're getting to know each other slowly. Hope I'm not boring you. It's all about the process, right people? Haha.

Oh, and so sorry I haven't got the time to do grammar and spelling re-check. I'll do it some other time, hehe.

Don't forget to comment and subscribe :)

See ya! :D