Day 11: I Know Nothing About You

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

Thank you snowflakes, khczyk, and --xdaydreamer for upvoting the story! :)


"Woohoo!!" Eunhyuk shouted in victory as he scored yet another ball through the loop.

Ahreum groaned in frustration. "That's not fair!" She picked up the ball and started dribbling.

Eunhyuk laughed and stood tall in front of her, trying to block her from scoring. "How is it not fair?"

Ahreum puffed her cheeks and heaved a heavy sigh. "You're way taller than I am."

Eunhyuk smirked and spread his arms wide. "It's called fate. it up, kid." He annoyingly emphasized the last word to mock her small frame.

Ahreum squinted her eyes in annoyance while still dribbling the ball in her hand. She suddenly moved swiftly to the right, trying to break free from his baricade. Just when she thought she had successfully get passed him, Eunhyuk made a surprising move. Instead of blocking her or trying to steal the ball, Eunhyuk circled his arms around her petite waist from behind and lifted her slightly from the ground.

Ahreum gasped and let out a surprised laughter. She kicked her feet in the air and squirmed, trying to get Eunhyuk to let her go. Eunhyuk laughed along with her and a sudden evil idea popped in his head. He smirked devilshly and attack the sides of her body with tickles.

Ahreum 's eyes widened and she was laughing even more. She begged Eunhyuk to spare her, but Eunhyuk showing no signs of stopping. "Oppa, stop it!" She laughed loudly, but at the same time she felt like she was about to die. "Oh God, I can't breathe."

Eunhyuk decided to sit himself in the middle of the basketball court and sat her in between his legs. He kept his hands on either side of her body and tickled her to no end. Ahreum's back was against his chest and she kept on squirming while laughing breathlessly. She still held on tightly to the ball. She keep it close to her chest, trying to protect it from Eunhyuk.

"Give me the ball, and I will spare you your life," He offered a deal playfully.

Ahreum's stomach hurt and tears started to form on the corner of her eyes from too much laughing. "Fine!" She finally gave up and let go of the ball from her grip.

Eunhyuk once again grinned in victory and threw the ball inside the loop effortlessly from the sitting position. "Score! Looks like I win the game," he smirked and playfully pinched her cheek.

Ahreum rested her head against his chest, trying to catch her breath. She turned her head a little to the side and gave him a deadly glare. "Happy? You almost tickle me to death."

She turned her head back to the front, purposely avoiding his gaze. Eunhyuk laughed loudly, he once again circle his hands around her waist and pulled her closer to his body. He rested his chin on top of her head and inhaled her sweet scent. "I was just messing with you, Ahreum-ah. Don't be mad," he whispered lovingly.

She turned her head to the side, peeking at him. Eunhyuk took the opportunity to gave her forehead a sweet peck. Ahreum was stunned and rubbed the spot on her forehead where his lips had been just seconds ago. They met eyes and finally chuckled at the same time.

"You're annoying," Ahreum flicked his forehead playfully.

Eunhyuk scrunched his nose cutely. Her tears was still slightly visible after too much laughing earlier. Eunhyuk saw it and smiled softly at the adorable girl in his arms. He hugged her even more tightly and planted a soft kiss at the corner of her eye. He could taste the saltiness of her tears on his lips.

Ahreum's face turned bright red and she awkwardly patted his cheek softly. Eunhyuk found it cute and chuckled. "What do you wanna do now?"

Ahreum pushed his face slightly, she couldn't breathe properly from his face being too close to hers. "I don't know. Do you wanna go home? You need to rest, you know."

Eunhyuk shook his head. "Let's do something else. I'm not tired." In truth, he just want to spend more time with Ahreum. He felt energized everytime he  met her and went on their exciting dates. Her idea for their date that night was really refreshing. He burst in laughter when she proposed the idea to play a basketball match. She's so small, did she really think she could win over me? Eunhyuk chuckled at the thought.

They talked some more after they took pictures using her instax camera. Both of them had their hoodies on while posing playfully at the camera. Eunhyuk laughed seeing the picture, they both looked like a mess after the tickling incident.

Ahreum sat relaxly in between his legs with him still hugging her from behind and his arms lovingly wrapped around her. She was deep in thought about where to go next. Suddenly, an idea popped in his head.

"Ahreum-ah," he called her softly.

"Mhm?" she answered back distractedly.

"Let's go to your apartment."


Eunhyuk put his hands inside the back pocket of his dark blue jeans. He was standing in the middle of Ahreum's living room, observing the view. He ran his gaze slowly from corner to corner. It's a pretty spacious apartment for a college student, he nodded his head slowly. Her parents must be rich.

There was a worn out looking sofa at one corner of the room. He found it odd because the rest of the furniture was girly and modern. What is it doing there? This girls has a weird taste, he shook his head slightly.

"Oppa, tea or water?" Ahreum shouted from the kitchen.

"Coke," he shouted back then quietly chuckled to himself. He could imagine Ahreum rolling her eyes at his answer.

His eyes landed on a small white wooden table by the TV. On top of it stood many photos in various frames, catching his attention. He walked slowly to the table, excited to see a glimpse of her past.

He observed the photos one by one. Most of them were photos of her when she was still a little girl. Eunhyuk smiled softly at the fact that she hadn't changed a bit. Her hair was long and jet black, the only difference was it is now slightly curled at the end. Her complexion was as pale as ever and her red lips were still the same.

One thing did change, though. Her eyes sparkled with joy and happines back then. Something he rarely see in her bitter self.

He picked one photo where little Ahreum sat on top the shoulders of a handsome mid 30s man. He assumed it was her father. They have the same eye-smile, he once again smiled at the thought.

At another photo, Eunhyuk was stunned at how Ahreum grown up to be the exact replica of her mother. In the photo, little Ahreum and her mother pressed their cheeks together and smiled brightly at the camera. She obviously inherritaged her hair and her skin from her mother.

All the other photos contained of the three of them playfully posed at the camera or their holliday trip. Eunhyuk finally realized she was an only child, no other kids appeared in the photos.

But something about all the photos been bothering him. Before he could think further about it, suddenly someone took the frame that was in his hand and puit it back to its rightful place.

Eunhyuk turned his head in surprise and found Ahreum smiling softly at him. "I didn't hear you coming," he said a little bewildered. He was deeply immersed with his own thoughts to realize that she had been eyeing him for a while.

Ahreum let out a small laughter and then focused her attention to the photos. She ran her hand slowly at a photo of her parents. A soft whistful smile attached on her beautiful face.

Eunhyuk eyed her with curiosity. He finally broke the silence. "I'm curious about something."

"What?" Ahreum turned her head to meet his gaze.

"All these photos... are from your childhood days. Why did you stop taking pictures? You don't even have any graduation photos." He furrowed his eyebrows and spoke what was on his mind.

Her gaze slowly shifted to a hollow and sad one. She took a deep breath looked down to the side before answering. "My parents... they're gone." she said with a small voice.

Eunhyuk felt his heart stop beating for a second. His eyes widened in surprise and his mouth was slightly opened. Did I hear right?

"...Gone?" he felt stupid for repeating her statement. But he just couldn't believe what he was hearing.

Ahreum lifted her head to finally meet his gaze one more time. Eunhyuk expected her to cry or at least tears would threatened to fall from her eyes. But he found none of that. Ahreum had a small smile on her face and nodded a little.

"They died when I was ten. Car accident," she explained shortly.

"I'm sorry," Eunhyuk shook his head slightly. He was still trying to process the new found shocking piece of information.

Ahreum shrugged her shoulder. "It was a long time ago. I've learned to accept the fact that they won't come back no matter how much I miss them." She was back to her emotionless self.

Eunhyuk suddenly pulled her into his embrace and she automatically tangled her arms on his back and burried her face on his chest. She wasn't going to cry, the last time she cried was at her parents funeral. It was the lowest point of her life, nothing after that could compare.

"Who took care of you?" Eunhyuk mumbled against her hair. He didn't even know why he hugged her, he just wanted to give her comfort.

"After my parents died, I became bitter to the world. I shut down myself from anyone who tried to help me. Sungmin oppa's mom wanted to adopt me," she swallowed an imaginary lump in before continuing, "but I refused. I didn't want anything to do with the people that reminded me of my parents. So I chose to stay at an orphanage outside of Seoul."

Eunhyuk kept silent as he listened intently to her story. "Aunty was really sad, but she respected my desicion. She visited me as often as she could, but I never wanted to see her. She was also the one who took care of this apartment after I left, hoping that one day I would change my mind and come back. Well, I finally did. I got full scholarship for college and decided that I was strong enough to come back. The money my parents left me wasn't much, so I started working part times to pay for my expenses. And... here I am now," she finished her explanation with a bitter chuckle.

Eunhyuk pushed her head slightly from his chest to take a look at her face. "You've been alone all this time?" he curled a strand of her hair behind her ear.

Ahreum nodded. "This is why I have such bad manners and social ability. I had no one to teach me. Oh! And also at biking. My dad was a busy man, he never had the time to teach me." She chuckled a little.

Eunhyuk leaned his face down and put his forehead against hers. He closed his eyes and thought about it all. Everything made sense now. Her ugly manners that he hated so much was the result of her tough childhood. How could he be so ignorant?

"Don't look at me with those eyes," Ahreum tried to lightened up the mood. "I'm not sad anymore."

Eunhyuk forced himself to smile. "I know." He caressed her cheek with the back of his hand. "You're such a strong girl."

He cupped her face gently with his hands and gave her a loving chaste kiss at the bridge of her nose.

The both of them closed their eyes and just savor the moment.


Eunhyuk came back to the Super Junior's dorm around 2 in the morning. He threw his car key to the basket at the kitchen counter and plopped himself down at the living room's couch.

He put his hand across his eyes and sighed tiredly. It was dark, he assumed the other members were already asleep. But suddenly, the light was switched on and he looked to the side to found Donghae eyeing him weirdly.

"What are you doing in the dark?" Donghae approached him and plopped himself down next to him.

Eunhyuk chose to ignore his question. "What are you doing still up?"

"Couldn't sleep," Donghae shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. " How was your date with Ahreum?"

Eunhyuk fell silent at the mention of her name. "...Did you know about her parents?" He turned his head towards Donghae, feeling the need to ask.

Donghae thought his answer for a second. "Of course. All the other members also knew."

Eunhyuk's eyes widened and his voice slightly coated with anger. "What? How come I'm the only one who's left in the dark?!"

Donghae was taken aback by Eunhyuk's tone. "You never asked. And you obviously didn't care enough. You hated her, remember?" He raised an eyebrow at him.

"," Eunhyuk covered his face with his hands and cursed at himself. ", , ."

"Yeah, ." Donghae chuckled and ran his fingers through his hair. "Well, now that you know, can you treat her a bit nicer?" He didn't wait for Eunhyuk to answer. He got up from the couch and switched off the living room's light before he headed back to his room, living Eunhyuk once again in the darkness.

Eunhyuk recalled the event at the restaurant when he got mad at Ahreum and dragged along her parents. He didn't know about her parents back then, but that didn't make him less of an . He groaned in frustration and cursed at himself even more.

How can I make this up to her?

 


 

Helloooow! :D I'm back with another update. And I'm a lazy bump, I didn't do proofreading and re-check the grammars. Sorry :3

This chapter isn't as sweet as the other ones before, but it explains lots of stuff, huh? They can't be lovey dovey all the time, I need to put this kind of scene to make the story progress better :) and you can expect drama in future chapters :3

Did you guys know about Ahreum's parents before I explained it in this chapter? I've tried to left clues here and there at previous chapters. But I don't know if you guys would get the hint haha.

Now now, how should Eunhyuk make it up to Ahreum? Tsk tsk, bad Hyukjae.

Well, please please please leave me your thoughts and comments about the story! Love love love, reading them. And if you like the story enough, don't forget to upvote it! :)

See ya! :D