Day 6: Dancing in the Rain

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

Ahreum pulled her coat tighter to her body as the wind blew and made her shiver. She rubbed her hands together and blew hot air into them, desperate for some warmth. She swept her gaze to her suroundings, feeling slightly intimidate with the amount of fangirls crowding the place.

Ahreum was standing in the middle of fangirls sea, just outside Super Junior's apartment, waiting for them to comeback from their schedule. She could just walked up to their floor, but that would ruin the surprise, wouldn't it? Besides, it would be such a waste of time to come upstairs and then go straight downstairs afterwards. She had something special in mind for their date that night.

She took out a compact powder from her mini bagpack and opened it to take a good look at herself in the mirror. She fixed her messy fringe and put some lipgloss to prevent her lips from being dry. Her eyes landed on her now perfectly moist lips. The memory from the night before turned her cheeks crimson. She shook her head and fanned herself, suddenly feeling the weather had turned to summer.

A glass of hot tea suddenly appeared out of nowhere in front of her face. Ahreum gave a confused look to the owner of the glass. She raised an eyebrow at her, silently asking what are you doing?

The owner of the hand just chuckled and still insisted on giving her the glass of tea. Ahreum took it reluctantly and gave her a half-smile.

"You really need to fix on your attitude, Ahreum-ssi," The girl giggled and put her hands on her coat's pocket.

"Excuse me?" Ahreum almost chocked hearing the girl being so blunt.

The girl tilted her head and smiled teasingly at her. "You don't recognize me, do you?" She took off her beanie and revealed her long honey-brown hair.

Ahreum eyes' widened as she pointed at her out of shock. "Kim Jieun?"

"Yeah. You actually know my name, huh?" She laughed and put her beanie back on.

Kim Jie Eun was one of her friend acquintance that was on the same major as her at the college. They had many classes together and she always asked her out to get some lunch, which she always regretfully turned down. She was one of the people that was actually nice to her and not pretentious just because she was Lee Sungmin's cousin.

"How could I not? You greeted me every lunch time." Ahreum drank her tea. "You're always stuck together with the red-haired girl. What was her name..." Ahreum trailed as she tried to recall the other girl that was always together with Jieun. They were glued to each other like twins.

"Park Jihye. And I'm right here," the red-haired girl suddenly appeared beside Jieun and waved excitedly at Ahreum. "I'm hurt that you remembered hers and not mine," She faked a pout at Ahreum. Ahreum just rolled her eyes and continued sipping her tea.

"So, what are you doing here, Ahreum-ssi? You could just go straight upstairs to their floor, right?" Jieun smiled and tried to start a conversation with her.

"I have something else in mind," Ahreum answered simply.

Jieun and Jihye just nodded their head. They knew better than to probbed deeper into things. They really liked Ahreum, and they knew they can be great friends if only she would just give them a chance.

"And what are you guys doing here?" Ahreum asked back, feeling a little bit guilty for always being mean towards them when they had always been nothing but nice to her. She really wanted to be friendly with them, she just didn't know how to.

"We're waiting for SuJu oppas! It would be nice if we could just see them waving at us from inside the fan," Jieun giggled excitedly at the tought, which is rare to find because usually Jihye was the cheerful one.

Ahreum just nodded absentmindedly. She had no idea how to keep the conversation going. But after hearing Jieun answer, Ahreum developed more respect for them. They were Super Junior's fans, but they never bothered her with questions about the members or tried to give them gifts through her.

Jihye suddenly remembered something and clapped her hand in excitement. "Oh! You'll be perfect for that part, Ahreum-ssi!" She squeeled in delight.

"Huh? Perfect for what part?" Ahreum gave her a puzzeled look.

Jieun rolled her eyes at her bestfriend. Jihye got this really strange habit. Everytime she got excited, words came out of not in orders. So it might sound confusing for people who didn't know her well. "You're doing it again Jihye-ah."

"Oops, sorry," Jihye clasped with her hand. "Let me start again. You know about the annual festival that is held to welcome winter break at our campus, right?"

Ahreum nodded her head in response. Jihye took that as her cue to continue. "So, our major decided that we won't do another fashion show this year. Cause it's boring and way too predictable."

Ahreum faintly remembered that all the students in her class was having a discussion about it, but she, as usual, wasn't interested. So she put on her iPod and decided just to go along with whatever they decided.

Jieun gasped as she started to understand what Jihye was trying to say. She observed Ahreum from head to toe and clapped her hands excitedly with Jihye. Ahreum gave her an offended look.

"We decided we should perform a drama instead. So, what could be better than 'Snow White', right?" Jihye grinned widely at her, as if it was the most brilliant idea. "But!" she quickly added, "We will still be making our own costumes for the drama. So the rest of the campus will finally realized how multi-talented the Fashion Design kids are." She finished her explanation with a hint of pride for her major.

"Good for you guys. I'll cheer from the side line," Ahreum nodded and waved her imaginary pompom unexcitedly.

"But Ahreum-ssi... We haven't found the right girl to play the Snow White part yet," Jieun gave her a meaningful smile.

"So...? What does that have got to do with me?" Ahreum started to feel uncomfortable under her gaze.

"So you'll be perfect for it!" Jihye put her hands on Ahreum shoulders.

Ahreum was shocked for the sudden close distance. "Wha- what?"

"Your pale milky skin, your straight jet black hair, your soft red lips... Perfect! I bet Walt Disney -may he rest in peace- would choose you if he ever decided to make a movie out of Snow White!" Jieun smiled brightly and tried to covince her. But her excitement just scared Ahreum.

Jieun tapped Jihye's shoulder lightly."Jihye, you're scaring her."

"Sorry," Jihye was knocked out of her excitement and smiled sheepishly at Ahreum. "My bad."

"I'm not good in acting. Find someone else," Ahreum stared at them with her blank expression and then tossed the empty glass to the nearest trash bin.

"We can work on that later. As long as you agree to it. What do you say?" Jihye bathed her eyelashes at Ahreum, trying to win her heart.

"Uum..." Ahreum was starting to get nervous, she didn't know how else to say 'no'. Luckily, at that precise time, the Super Junior's vans drove right passed them. "Oh, look! Your oppas are here!" Ahreum pointed at the vans, creating chaos among the fangirls in a matter of a minute.

Jieun and Jihye got immediately distracted as they waved their hands frantically at the van. Ahreum took the opportunity to fled from the scene and went straight to the basement where the vans would be parked.


Eunhyuk sighed heavily as the vans came to a halt at their usual parking lot in the basement. The smile he put as he waved to the crowds of fans waiting for them outside their apartment had totally vanished from his handsome face.

The schedule that day wasn't that tiring. He had tougher days before. But for some unknown reason, he just felt really really tired. He could faintly guessed that he was actually emotionally drained. He couldn't sleep well the night before because of his so called 'girlfriend'. Their date had gotten a little out of control, which was actually his fault. If only he could control himself...

 

"Oppa?" Ahreum whispered at him. It was as if they were both in a trance. They looked at each other in the eyes and didn't say anything at all. The only sound that could be heard was the water falling from the fountain and their ear-shattering heartbeats.No one else was around, and he hoped to God to keep it that way.

Then, at that moment, Eunhyuk lost control of his mind. He put his hand on her cheek and it gently with his thumb.

"Will you be mad... If I kiss you right now?"

 

Eunhyuk shook his head and took deep breaths as he tried to forget the memory from last night. But it just kept on replaying in his head, whether he liked it or not. He put his hands on either sides of his cheeks, feeling them turning warm.

He followed the rest of the members out of the van when suddenly someone pulled him by his jacket. "Let's go," The person calmly said.

"Huh? What?" Eunhyuk turned his head out of shock, gathering attention from his other members.

Ahreum grinned adorably at him and shouted at the manager who was already in front of the elevator. "Oppa, I'm kidnapping him! But I'll return him safely, don't worry!" She winked at him and sent all of them goodbye. Eunhyuk was left dumbfounded and just let himself got dragged by Ahreum.


"Where are you taking me now?" Eunhyuk finally decided to break the ice after walking for the past 15 minutes in silence.

Ahreum fixed her long stripes cardigan as she gazed at him and gave a mysterious smile. "You'll see."

Eunhyuk's eyes unconciously wandered to her lips as they curved upward, making him replaying the scene again and again.

 

*Flashback*

"Oppa?" Ahreum whispered at him. It was as if they were both in a trance. They looked at each other in the eyes and didn't say anything at all. The only sound that could be heard was the water falling from the fountain and their ear-shattering heartbeats.No one else was around, and he hoped to God to keep it that way.

Then, at that moment, Eunhyuk lost control of his mind. He put his hand on her cheek and it gently with his thumb.

"Will you be mad... If I kiss you right now?"

Ahreum's lips parted a little as she gasped in shock. The question was just too overwhelming at the point where she tought she was dreaming.

It would meant the world to her if Eunhyuk put his lips against hers. But... It wouldn't feel right. She didn't want Eunhyuk to kiss her out of infatuation. She wanted him to kiss her when he already ralized his feelings for her. When he finally realized that he loved her.

But his beautiful brown eyes were just too captivating. She couldn't make out even a single word. Her lips just tremble in anticipation.

Eunhyuk held her chin with his calous yet delicate fingers. He tried to search for the unanswered questions. Her mesmerizing eyes was hidden underneath her never ending eyelashes. Her cheeks were the color of rose and her lips slightly trembled. The doubts in her eyes was enough for him to decide his next move.

He leaned in his face closer and closer to hers, eliminating the gap in between them. Ahreum closed both of her eyes tightly, afraid that they were both going to regret afterwards.

But instead of feeling his lips against hers, she felt it right at the space underneath her lower lip. He took his time and kissed her gently there. Slightly brushing his lips against her lower lip, purposely teasing her.

He noticed her cheeks had turned crimson and how her breath was shallow and heavy. He tucked her hair behind her ear and whispered, "Maybe next time..."

*End of flashback*

 

Ahreum caught Eunhyuk eyes as they travelled from her eyes to her lips and went back all over again. She blushed profusely and turned her face away. Eunhyuk realized what he just did and became panic all of a sudden. 

He cleared his throat before speaking, "Last night... I got carried away. Don't think there's anything more than that."

Ahreum's heart twisted in pain at his words. She knew that already, there was no need for him to emphasize and made the wound even more painful. "I know that," she whispered slowly.

Eunhyuk refused to look at her. His mind and his heart having a battle of their own at that moment. I'm just making things clear, right? Ugh, he hated how he always doubt himself lately.

Ahreum swallowed the imaginary lump on and decided to lighten up the mood. "We're here!" She spread her arms and stood in front of the Han river.

Eunhyuk looked at his surounding. They were by the Han river which was only 15 minutes of walking from his apartment. He and s often came there everytime they needed to solve some problems or if they couldn't sleep at night.

"Here? Aren't we at the wrong side of the river?" He started to questioned her sense of direction. There wasn't any form of entertainment there. It was just an empty and quiet riverbank, which is why it was the perfect place for the Super Junior members to clear their heads.

"I need it to be empty," Ahreum started to walk towards a bush. She picked up something and brought it in front of Eunhyuk. "Cause you're going to teach me how to ride a bike!" She grinned happily at him and sat herself down on the saddle.

Eunhyuk stared at her with a disbelief expression before he burst into laughter. "You can't ride a bike? Are you kidding me?" He held on to stomach as he kept on laughing at her. Ahreum clucked her tongue out of annoyance.

"Fine, fine. Come here," Eunhyuk finally stopped laughing as he became out of breath. "Didn't your parents teach you?"

Ahreum tighten her grip at the handle. "... They didn't have the chance to."

Eunhyuk failed to notice the change of tone in her voice. He was busy positioning himself beside her and adjusted his grip on the handle. "So, first I'm gonna guide you until you find your balance. Just paddle with your right foot and then follow with your left. Do it continously, got it?" He explained to her carefully before starting to move the bike.

"Wa- wait! I'm not ready! Stop, stop!" Ahreum paddled the bike while shouting in panic. Eunhyuk didn't even warn her before he started to walk beside her and move the bike forward with him.

Eunhyuk laughed and placed his hands on top of hers on the handle, trying to calm her down. "Don't worry, I won't let you fall." Eunhyuk squeezed her hand and smiled softly at her.

Ahreum relaxed a bit at his touch. How I wish he meant those words in a different way, she thought bitterly to herself.

"I'm gonna let you go now. Ready?" Eunhyuk gave her a reassuring smile and slowly let go of his hands from the handle.

"No no no no no!" Ahreum mumbled nervously, she was almost sure that she would hit the ground.

"Balance yourself! Turn your handle to the left!" Eunhyuk yelled as he watched in horror. Her bike was tilted to the right and she was about to fall any moment then.

"Oppa!" Ahreum screamed and closed her eyes, ready to touch the ground. But the impact never happened. She opened her eyes a little and found herself held tightly by a couple of warm hands.

"I got you," Eunhyuk breathed in relief.

"Maybe biking isn't my thing," Ahreum held onto his jacket and chuckled.

"It's definitely not your thing." Eunhyuk laughed and ruffled her hair affectionately.

After that, Ahreum tried riding the bike for another half an hour before she decided to call it a night. Eunhyuk kept trying to hold back his laughter while teaching her patiently. She pouted and locked her bike to the railing. She would get it back later in the morning.

Before they left, she didn't forget to take pictures of the both of them and the bike with her instax camera. She gave one to Eunhyuk and kept hers inside the backpack.

They walked home while chatting about their day. For a moment, they forgot about what happened last night and put aside all the painful feelings.  He never thought talking with her would be so easy. He didn't have to rack his brain to find some topic to be talked about, it just flowed naturally.

"So she asked you to take the Snow White part?" Eunhyuk was slightly amused with the information. Ahreum was as emotionless as a blank paper. How could they asked her to act?

"Mhm, but I don't want to." Ahreum pouted and kicked the pebbles on the road.

But her friends got a point. She does look like Snow White. "Maybe you should at least try. Come to think of it, you'll fit perfectly with the role." Eunhyuk smiled as he once again observed her side features.

Ahreum groaned out of frustration. "Not you too, oppa."

"No, really. You said you wanted to work on your attitude. Well, this might help. Communicating with lots of people and expressing your feeling through acting will be a good experience." Eunhyuk nudged her arm playfully.

Ahreum went thinking for a while. "Will you come and watch?"

Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulder nonchalantly. "If I don't have any schedules that day, why not?"

Ahreum beamed at his vague promise. She knew it wasn't a definite 'yes', but still, it was sort of almost like a date. "I'll think about it then."

Just as Eunhyuk turned towards her and about to fixed her cardigan, the rain started to pour heavily. It was so sudden that Eunhyuk and Ahreum could only stay rooted in their place and looked at each other with the same shock expression.

They swept their gaze frantically at their surounding, trying to find a shelter. But there was none. They were at an empty riverbank with nothing else but bushes around. Not even a bus shelter nor tree present.

"Run!" Eunhyuk pulled Ahreum by her arms and dragged her along to a park near his apartment. They entered an empty phone booth and locked themselves inside.

Ahreum rested her head against the glass door and laughed seeing Eunhyuk's annoyed expression.

"What?" Eunhyuk glared at her.

Ahreum tried to suppres her laughter. "Nothing. It's just your hair. It looks..." Ahreum tried to find the right word not to offend him, but she finally gave up, "Come here," she fixed his fringe carefully and ran her fingers through his hair.

Eunhyuk couldn't let his eyes off of hers. She looked so innocent and fragile, he felt like wanting to protect her. Ahreum's once again caught his eyes and Eunhyuk immediately turned his face away.

Everytime he got defensive, his words always came out harsh. "This is all your fault, you know? If you hadn't take us out to the river, this wouldn't have happened." He clucked his tongue as he watched the rain pouring outside. It didn't show any sign of stopping soon.

Ahreum heaved a tired sigh. She knew it was her fault that they got stuck inside a phone booth in the first place. But she was rather hurt that Eunhyuk always blamed her and didn't seem to enjoy the time he spent with her.

Since it seemed like the rain wasn't going to stop anytime soon, Ahreum got a crazy idea. She didn't know whether Eunhyuk was going to hate her more for it or not. She opened the phone booth's door and dashed outside to the pouring rain.

She laughed as the rain poured down her skin, she spread her arms and spun a few times. She was embracing the rain.

Eunhyuk's jaw was already on the floor by then. "Are you crazy?!" He shouted at her from the phone booth. "Come back here!"

Ahreum shook her head and laughed, "No! Come out here, oppa! There's no use staying inside there and be grumpy the whole time," she spun one more time and giggled, "We might as well run to your apartment!"

Eunhyuk scoffed in disbelief at her statement. She was so... unpredictable. She could be pretty uptight at one moment and then she became childish and free-spirited at the next one.

Eunhyuk bit his lower lip, thinking hard about what to do. Finally, he decided it was the best for them to run to his apartment. So he dashed out of the phone booth and took of his coat. Eventhough it was no use, but he wanted to protect her, even just for a bit.

Eunhyuk pulled her closer to his body by her waist and enveloped her head with his coat. Ahreum smiled softly at him and rested her hands on his broad chest. She once again put her fingers in between his eyebrows and smoothened the wrinkles there.

"Don't think too much," She laughed and his fringe away from his eyes. Eunhyuk felt shivers ran down his spine, not from the rain. But from her touch.

Eunhyuk finally relaxed and laughed at her words. He rested his chin on top of her head and whispered, "You're right. I won't."

Ahreum blushed at the sudden contact. Before she had the time to clear her mind, Eunhyuk already pulled her by the hand and ran towards his apartment. They were both laughing along the way with many people staring weirdly at them. It was raining heavily, they didn't bring an umbrella with them, yet they seemed so happy.

They finally arrived at his apartment and went inside through the elevator in the basement. Eunhyuk asked for a couple of towels at the front desk as Ahreum waited at the corner of the lobby, not wanting to cause a mess.

Eunhyuk came back minutes later while drying his hair with the towel. He grinned widely once he saw Ahreum soaked and shivered.

He put the towel on her hair and started it gently. "You're drench," he smiled as he kept on drying her hair.

"Obviously," She rolled her eyes and laughed at the situation.

"I didn't know it would be so much fun playing in the rain." He started wiping her face .

"It's cause you don't know how to have fun," Ahreum shoved his chest playfully.

"Yeah, says someone who doesn't even know how to ride a bike." Eunhyuk smirked teasingly back at her.

"Hey!" Ahreum yanked the towel from his hand and hit him on the chest with it.

Eunhyuk was about to get her back when suddenly his phone rang. Ahreum managed to see the caller ID, it was his manager. He must be worried cause it was raining heavily outside. Eunhyuk furrowed his eyebrows and rejected the call. Ahreum pretended she didn't see it and got busy with her towel.

Eunhyuk shoved her cellphone back to his jenas pocket. "How are you going to get home?" He glanced outside, there was no way he was going to let her went home with a bus. "I- I- I can drive you." He mentally slapped himself for stuttering. "My car is at the base-"

Ahreum quickly cut his words. "No. it's fine. I'll call a taxi."

"You sure? Cause I can give you a ride," He was so worried about her going home alone. He had been worried for the last couple of days, and that night, he couldn't hold it anymore. He unconciously broke his own ground rule. Rule number two: To never walk her home.

Ahreum pushed him towards the elevator. She pressed the button and it immediately opened. She gave him another push until he was inside. "Don't worry about me, oppa. Just don't get yourself sick." She smiled sweetly at him. She had give him enough trouble, she didn't want to burdened him even more.

"But-" His phone rang once again, the manager kept on calling him. Eunhyuk rejected it once again and presssed on the 'hold' button on the elevator.

"See, manager oppa is looking for you. Don't keep him waiting. I'll be fine, oppa," Ahreum urged him to close the door.

Eunhyuk took several deep breaths. "Fine. go home safely, okay?" Ahreum smiled and nodded. "And Ahreum... about last night. I really am sorry. I just didn't know what came into me. I'm still trying to figure this out," he sighed tiredly. He finally decided to sincerely apologized before the problem got out of hands. He regretted his harsh words earlier and trying to make up for it.

Ahreum just stared back at him with a solemn expressiom. So he decided to call it a night and press the 'close' button.

Her lips turned into a sad smile as she said, "Just... don't do that again. It kills me a little on the inside each time."

Eunhyuk felt someone just stopped the blood flow in his system. His shocked expression at the realization that he had hurt her more than he ever imagined was the last thing Ahreum saw before the elevator door shut completely.


Hello guuuys! :) Another long chapter, huh?

Hope you're not getting bored with my story. And no, I'm not going to make them kiss that easily, hihi.

So what do you think about this chapter? It's only day 6, yet their feelings for each other are already so complicated (/-\)

I haven't got the chance to do proof reading. So I'm sorry if there are many mistakes in this chapter. I'll fiz it later.

Don't forget to leave me your comments and thoughts, guys! It really made my day :)

And do subscribe if you haven't, okay? See ya! :D