Day 14: You're the Only One Who Can

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

*long chapter ahead*

Thank you ShinBi34, hyukjae-ah, and seoberryfish for upvoting the story :)


"He didn't even congratulate you?" Minhyuk aksed with a disbelief tone thick in his voice.

Ahreum shook her head a little. But then she realized Minhyuk couldn't see her, so she hurriedly replied, "Nope."

"Not even a kiss on the cheek?" Minhyuk scoffed, irritated by the fact that Ahreum was still holding on to the jerk.

"Well, he did kiss me on the cheek. But it was in a totally different context." Ahreum sat in front of the TV with a big slice of cheesecake on her hand and a glass of vanilla milkshake . It was a bright Sunday morning. She had nothing better to do and she would have a dateless night that day, so she decided to might as well pig herself out with all the sweet treats.

"Right," Minhyuk replied with a mocking tone. Ahreum could imagine him rolling his eyes at that moment.

She smiled a little hearing his response. "To be fair, he didn't even know that it was my birthday, Minhyuk-ah." She knew that Minhyuk meant well with all his sarcasm and cynical question.

Minhyuk sighed out of frustration. He was tired of Ahreum always defending Eunhyuk no matter what he had done. "That just proved my words, Ahreum-ah. He only thinks about your relationship as a deal. Nothing more," He trailed the last words, afraid of hurting Ahreum even further.

"I know that. You don't have to add the bruise in my heart." Ahreum scooped a spoon of the cake and flipped through the channel.

Minhyuk was startled with her words. "No! I didn't mean it that way. It's just-"

"Kidding. I know what you meant, Minhyuk-ah." Ahreum chuckled hearing the panic in his voice.

Minhyuk sighed in relieve. He stayed silent for a while before finally saying what was on his mind.  "You know I care for you, right?"

"Don't start to get cheesy with me," Ahreum with a crook smile on her face. She felt warm insides knowing that he care alot about her.

"Yah! Why can't you-"

Suddenly Ahreum heard someone knocked on her front door. She took a look at the clock and frowned seeing that it was only 7 in the morning. She didn't know anyone that would come visit her that early without telling her first. "Hold on, someone's at the door." She cut his words and got up from the floor towards the door.

"Just pretend I don't exist," Minhyuk grumbled at the other end of the line. He was sure pissed off by the fact that he was being cut on the middle of talking for more than once that morning.

Ahreum peeked through the peep-hole to see the person behind the door. Her eyes widened twice the size once she had a good look of the said person. She immediately released the safety chain and opened the door with a snap. "Oppa?" She asked with a slightly dumbfounded face.

Eunhyuk stood in front of her front door with his charming boyish smile planted on his face. He looked extremly handsome that day with his light brown leather jacket. "Up up up! Let's go!" He clapped his hands excitedly and let himself in to her apartment.

"Huh? It's 7 am. What on earth are you doing here, oppa?" Ahreum locked the door and observed him from head to toe, as if someone had took over Lee Hyukjae's body and replaced it with somekind of alien or something. But then she realized that Minhyuk was waiting for her at the other end of the line. "I'll call you later. Bye," She hurriedly whispered before ending the phone call.

"Who was that?" Eunhyuk asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Minhyuk." Ahreum answered distractedly. She failed to notice the slight frown that was forming on his face at the mention of Minhyuk's name. "What are you doing here?" She once again asked.

Eunhyuk released a small sigh and decided to let it go this time. He wasn't going to ruin the day. "I'm taking you out," he smiled and took a step closer.

"Out? But it's your day off..." Her face softened after hearing his answer. She couldn't believe the fact that Eunhyuk was standing inside her apartment at 7 in the morning and asking her out on a date. Right after she willingly gave him a day off. Am I dreaming? Am I sick? Ahreum put her hand against her forehead and felt that her temperature was normal, she wasn't having a fever.

"My day off? Is being your boyfriend somekind of a job for me?" Eunhyuk asked with a fake hurt in his voice.

Ahreum tilted her head slightly and answered innocently, "Well, it kinda is..."

"La la la la~ I can't hear you." Eunhyuk put both of his hands on top of his ears and blocked out everything she said. He turned her body around towards the living room and gave her a slight push. "Go get change. I'll wait here." He smiled and made himself comfortable on the floor.

Ahreum gave him an amused look before she excitedly headed towards her room with a big grin on her face.


Ahreum sat down on a wooden bench at a beautiful park far from her house. The air was starting to get cold as the winter was approaching. She observed her surrounding and quietly admired the people who were having their morning exersice despite the bone chilling weather.

Suddenly something was shoved in front of her face and she backed away a little out of surprise. She looked up and saw Eunhyuk smirking down at her. "Your breakfast," he handed her a big fat hotdog with mustard and sauce on top of it.

Ahreum laughed and patted the space right next to her, signaling him to sit down. Eunhyuk sat and turned his head to the side to take a good look at her. "Let's bite it together on the count of three. One... Two... Three," he finished counting and took a big bite of the hotdog.

Ahreum took a smaller bite and chewed hesitantly, trying to decide whether she liked it or not. Once the flavor settled in, she started nodding her head excitedly. "This is good." she said with a full mouth.

"I know, right? It's my favorite," he answered back with a full mouth and a ridiculous handsome smirk.

Ahreum torn her gaze away from him and smiled a little to herself. She was happy that Eunhyuk showed her another personal thing about himself. So this is his favorite hotdog...

They finished their hotdog and soon was walking around the park hand in hand. They stopped by the lake that was starting to froze and watched some kids feeding pigeons with bread crumbs.

Eunhyuk stood behind her and circled his hands around her waist. He pulled her back against his chest and gave her a sweet peck on the cheek. "Are you cold?" he mumbled against her shoulder.

Ahreum smiled at the dejavu she was having. He gave her a backhug just like the night when they watched the street artist performed. And she had asked him the exact same question back then.

"No," she replied in a small voice and turned her head a little to the side to gave his nose a sweet peck.

Eunhyuk smiled and burried his face on her hair, inhaling her fresh scent. "Look, it's the sun."

Ahreum frowned a little and let out an amused chuckled. "I know what it is, oppa."

Eunhyuk smiled at her clueless state and gave her a long sweet kiss on the forehead. "Now you get to see the sun with me."


After strolling down the park for another hour, they decided to visit Yesung's Mobit Cafe. They went through the backdoor and had a meal inside the kitchen. Yesung had personally prepared a table for two and a set of menu for the both of them.

Ahreum was beyond happy with everything that was going on. Eunhyuk came to her apartment early in the morning eventhough he had no obligation to. It was the first time ever that they were having their date in the middle of the day. Just like he said, she finally get to see the sun with him.

Eunhyuk was treating her strangely nice that day. He prepared for their dates, and he had been nothing but sweet to her. What's wrong with him? What made him turned into a tottally different person over a night? Just last night he broke my heart...

Ahreum was lost in her own world while Eunhyuk was out buying their snacks. "Is this date boring you?" Eunhyuk sat beside her and tuck a strand of hair behind her ear.

Ahreum was startled by the sudden contact. "What? No, of course not. Why?" Ahreum scooted closer to him and popped a popcorn inside his mouth.

Eunhyuk laughed a little and shrugged his shoulder. "I don't know. You seem to be spacing out quite a lot." He put his arm around her shoulder and gave her a little squeeze.

"Sorry. I'm just not used to you being suddenly nice to me." Ahreum rested her head on his shoulder and bluntly answered his question.

Eunhyuk wasn't surprised by her answer and stole a kiss on her temple instead. He smiled and pulled her closer. "I'm not going to deny that one cause I know how much of a jerk I am."

Ahreum chuckled and kissed his shoulder briefly. "But I like you." She said with her eyes fixed on the big screen in front of them.

"Really? How much?" Eunhyuk replied back teasingly.

"So so sooooo much," Ahreum tried to suppressed her giggle.

Eunhyuk couldn't help but smiled at her cute act. He cupped her ear with his hand and whispered sweetly,

"I like you too."


Ahreum threw a big grin at Eunhyuk once the car came to a stop at their next destination. She quickly got out of the car and observed the astounding view surrounding her.

Eunhyuk laughed and calmly parked the car before finally joining her, standing side by side. He took her hand and intertwined their fingers together before kissing the back of her hand.

Ahreum snapped back into reality at the contact. She turned her head to the side and gave him her heart-stopping eye smile. "The beach? Really?"

"Uh-huh," Eunhyuk nodded with a knowing smile on his face.

"She likes the beach," Sungmin stated simply.

Donghae frowned while munching his popcorn. "But it's almost winter, hyung. The beach is for summer."

"Doesn't matter. She likes the beach. Whether it's summer or winter. She loves the ocean's breeze."

"I love the beach! Gosh, this is perfect," she squirmed excitedly and held onto his arm.

Thanks hyung. Eunhyuk kissed the top of her head and once again hugged her from behind, rocking her from side to side. He loved having her in his arms. She was so small, and she fitted perfectly in his arms. "Do you wanna go near the water?"

Ahreum shook her head slightly. "I'm afraid of the water. I just love the ocean's air." She rested her head against his broad chest.

"So weird. But so you," Eunhyuk laughed and pinched her cheek slightly.

Ahreum clucked her tongue and slapped his hand away playfully. "Stop abusing my cheek."

Eunhyuk let go of her, making her turned around in confuse. She almost immediately missed the warmth feeling of his body. He tilted his head slightly to the side and gave her a mischievous smile. "Let's play a game."

Ahreum laughed and mimicked his action. "Another game?"

"Yeah, just an easy one. Hide and seek." Eunhyuk shoved his hands at the back pocket of his jeans.

Ahreum's face turned slightly pale at his words. "Hide and seek? But it's night, and we're at an empty beach. Have you seen those horror movies lately?" She ranted continously, obviously uncomfortable with the idea of seperating with him and roaming around the empty beach by herself.

Eunhyuk laughed loudly seeing her nervous state. He cupped her cheeks with his hands and gazed lovingly into her eyes. "It's safe here, I can guarantee that. Now go hide." Eunhyuk let go of her face and turned his body around, covering his eyes with his palms. "I'll count to ten. One... Two..."

"Wha- Not fair!" Ahreum turned her head to the left and right in panic, trying to find a place to hide.

Damn, this beach is an open place. Where can I find a place to hide?! Ahreum thought to herself in panic. "Six..." She heard Eunhyuk kept on counting.

"Shoot!" She observed her surrounding once again and finally found a perfect place to hide. Well, it wasn't exactly a perfect place. But it was her best option. She quickly ran to hide herself, just in time as Eunhyuk finished counting. "One!"

Ahreum put her hand above , trying to suppress her laughter. She hid behind Eunhyuk's car which was parked on the beach, only a few feet away from where Eunhyuk was standing.She scooted down on the sand, unable to see the situation out there. After what felt like forever, she dared herself to peek. She was dying to know where Eunhyuk had gone to come looking for her. She didn't see anyone at first, so she came out a little bit from her hiding spot to get a better look at her surrounding.

But suddenly, someone caught her from behind and lifted her slightly to the air. "Gotcha!" Eunhyuk laughed and shouted in victory.

Ahreum screamed in surprise and tried to wiggle free from his grasp. She laughed hard and managed to free herself. She tried to run away from him, but she only managed to took a few steps before Eunhyuk caught her once again and tickled her side with no mercy.

Ahreum squirmed and slapped his hand as hard as she could. But Eunhyuk wouldn't let go of her, he kept on laughing seeing her meaningless effort to stop him. She backed away from him and jumped to the front hoods of the car, kicking her feet aimlessly at him.

Eunhyuk laughed even harder and followed her step. He jumped onto the front hoods of the car and trapped her petite body underneath him. "Oppa, you're killing me!" Ahreum pleaded desperately as she ran out of breath.

Eunhyuk saw that she was in the brink of crying, so he stopped his torture and swept her messy hair away from her face. "I'm stopping, I'm stopping," he chuckled.

Eunhyuk sat on the hoods and pulled Ahreum up from her lying position to sit next to him. He comb her hair with his fingers, trying to get it back in shape.

Ahreum gave him a hard glare and sulked. "I hope I scratch your car." she grumbled as she swept her gaze across the hood, looking for any signs of scratch that she possibly made while she was hurriedly got on top of it.

Eunhyuk observed the hood for a while and smiled once he found no damage had happened to his lovely car. He took something out from the back pocket of his jeans before giving her another playful smile.

"Close your eyes," he suddenly requested with a hopeful gaze.

"What? I'm not falling for another of your trick." Ahreum squinted her eyes and stared at him suspisciously.

Eunhyuk chuckled and shook his head slightly. "I'm not gonna tickle you. I promise. Just close your eyes. Please," Eunhyuk gave her a sincere smiled. He even said 'please'. Ahreum scoffed and decided to agree to his request just this once.

Eunhyuk grinned happily seeing her finally closing her eyes and quickly opened the box that had been in his pocket all day long.

Ahreum felt Eunhyuk was circling her neck with something, but before she could guess what was it that he was doing, Eunhyuk touched her cheek and whispered softly, "Open your eyes."

Ahreum slowly opened her eyes and saw a beautiful necklace hanging from her neck. It was a beautiful snowflake shaped diamond necklace that she saw the other day at the night market.

Ahreum touched the necklace carefully and caressed it slowly with her fingers. She gazed at Eunhyuk in awe as she couldn't find the right words to say. It was so unbelievable. "Why do you- I mean, how did you know?" She stuttered as her mind was in a blank at that moment.

Eunhyuk ran his thumb across the pendant with a sweet smile.

"Excuse me," Eunhyuk managed to say as he was literally out of breath for running across the night market.

"We're closed. Sorry," the owner of the stand said as he was busy loading his stuffs into the car.

"I know. I'm so sorry, but this won't take long," Eunhyuk bit his lower lip and pleaded with a hint of urgency in his voice.

The old man stopped what he was doing ad finally take a good look at Eunhyuk. A smile slowly spread on his face as he recalled the event that night. "I know you. You were just here a few hours ago, right?"

"Yeah, that's right." Eunhyuk's face brightened up a bit as the owner finally recognized him. It would make things alot easier.

"You came with your girlfriend. The one with the long black hair and big round eyes." Eunhyuk nodded excitedly. "She's beautiful." The owner smiled warmly at him.

"She is," Eunhyuk smiled back at him as he thought about Ahreum. "I need to ask you a favor." He went straight back to business.

"What is it?" The old man put on his glasses and focused on him.

"My girlfriend, she was looking at something so intently at this stand. But she won't tell me what it was. Is it possible that you remember what what is that caught her attention?" Eunhyuk stared at him with a desperate and hopeful gaze all mixed in together.

To his relieve, the old man smiled and answered, "Of course I do. She was looking at this."

The old man had pointed at the exact necklace that was now hanging beautifully on Ahreum's neck.

"Do you like it?" Eunhyuk caressed her cheek softly with his thumb.

Ahreum smiled with a happy smile on her face. She felt touched that Eunhyuk gave her something that she had an eye for without even asking her first. She felt overwhelmed and warm inside, but all of that was just too much to take. She felt her eyes starting to get hot from the tears, but she blinked several times, not letting her tears to fall.

"I love it. Thank you." She took her time to kiss his cheek sweetly.

Eunhyuk laid down on the hoods of the car with his head rested against the front window of the car. He pulled Ahreum down and made her laid down beside him with her head rested on his arm.

They gazed at each other as he pronounce the words he had been dying to say eversince that morning. "Happy belated birthday, Ahreum-ah."

Her doe eyes slightly rounded at his words. "You knew?"

Eunhyuk slightly frowned. "Not until last night. Sorry for being such a lame boyfriend."

Ahreum smiled and softened the wrinkles in between his eyebrows with her delicate finger. "It's okay. I was happy that I could at least spent the day with you."

"The necklace suits you well." Eunhyuk faked a cough and tried to change the subject. He regretted so bad for being so senseless.

"Is it?" Ahreum smiled and lifted the pendant to take a better look at it.

"You're just like the snow. You seemed cold on the outside, but once you touched someone, you'll easily melt and warmed up." Eunhyuk kissed the tip of her nose, making her giggled cutely.

Ahreum blushed at his words, making Eunhyuk smiled even wider. "Stop being so nice. It doesn't suit you," Ahreum poked his nose playfully.

Eunhyuk let out a small laugh. "Let's take a picture." Eunhyuk took out Ahreum's instax camera and held it in the air. They took the pictures several times while lying down.

Suddenly, Eunhyuk lifted his body slightly so he was  hovering on top of her without removing his left arm from underneath her head. "Smile," He chuckled mischievously and caught her off guard by snapping a picture of her.

"I wasn't ready!" Ahreum protested and attempted to take the picture away from Eunhyuk and tear it apart.

But Eunhyuk was quick, he hid the picture on his pocket and snapped another one right after. "Aaaw, you're pouting. I'm keeping this one." Eunhyuk laughed and again stored the second picture inside his pocket.

Ahreum rolled her eyes and heaved a tired sigh. She knew she couldn't win the argument, he wouldn't give her the pictures no matter what. So she decided to just let it go and gazed at his eyes lovingly before running her finger across the skin right underneath his eye slowly. "Thank you for today." she smiled sweetly at him and pushed herself a little to kiss his cheek.

Eunhyuk beamed at the kiss and caught her hand with his and laced their fingers together. "What do I get for being the greatest boyfriend for today?" he wiggled his eyebrows playfully.

Ahreum let out an hearty laugh. She tilted her head slightly, as if thinking what would be the right reward for him. She smiled cutely all of a sudden after an idea popped inside her head.

She put her forefinger and middle finger against her lips before kissing them and then pressed them against his lips. "Is that enough?" she laughed at the stunt Eunhyuk.

Eunhyuk's mind went blank all of a sudden. He ran his finger across his slightly parted lips, he still couldn't comprehend the situation. Did she just- wasn't that an indirect kiss? His mind was in a jumble. His heart was thudering against his chess at the thought of her lips on his.

It wasn't even her lips, but I'm already trembling like this. What if- his thought got interrupted as she played with the hair at the nape of his neck. "Oppa?" She asked carefully as he suddenly became quiet.

He seriously didn't want to fall in love with the girl. He still got along way ahead of him. He still wanted to pave his career in the entertainment world. Having a lover at that moment wasn't even an option. He couldn't have anything or anyone holding him back. But this girl, she's seriously something...

His eyes darted from her beautiful face to her soft red lips which contrasted drastically with her pale skin. He tried to controlled the beat of his heart, but he just couldn't. It wasn't something that he could easily switched off just like a TV. He frowned, everything was new to him. He felt like a big chunk of his heart had been stolen, and it wasn't his anymore to keep.

This nervous... and excited feeling... Where did all of this come from? It feels so nice... yet so wrong, he thought helplessly to himself. The frowned on his face was getting deeper as he got more and more confuse. Ahreum mimicked his expression as she got puzzled by his sudden frown and deep gaze.

His eyes kept faltering, he tried to find the answers. But how? He didn't even had a clue of what was going on with himself. Is Ahreum the key to answer all of these? His eyes stopped wavering and gazed helplessly at her mesmerizing ones. He was on the brink of going crazy with all the unanswered questions.

He finally leaned down his face, slowly closing the gap between their lips. His eyes caught the shock expression which was written all over her face, but he ignored it. He pinned her hand with his and leaned down even further with thundering heart.

"Oppa," she said almost breathlessly. "Don't." her voice wavered. Who was she kidding? She wanted this as bad. But she was afraid of the consequences. Will my heart be able to cope with the heartbreak?

"Please, don't say no." Eunhyuk whispered in a soft voice. The tips of their noses were touching and his eyes keep shifting from her eyes to her red inviting lips. "Not tonight."

"You're just going to break my heart," Ahreum whispered sadly.

Eunhyuk's heart clenched at her words. "Help me." he swallowed the imaginary lump on his throat.

"I can't," she answered distractedly. The tips of their noses were touching, and his lips were hovering above her tauntingly, seducing her to sealed the few milimetres between them. She tried not to move her lips too much, for it would surely touched with his at the slightest movement.

"On the contrary," Eunhyuk whispered and caressed her cheek softly with his thumb, "You're the only one who can."

And with that, Eunhyuk slowly pressed his lips against hers and gave her a sweet chaste kiss. It only lasted for a second, but the after-taste lingered and the breath from the both of them.

Eunhyuk pulled away slightly just to observe her reaction. Ahreum opened her eyes slowly and didn't show any signs of refusal. She already lost the battle, all her walls had already crumbled down with the touch of his lips. He once again hovered his lips above hers. He gazed at her eyes once, not to ask for permission, but to declare that no matter what she said, he was still going to kiss her anyway. Now that he had already had a taste of her lips, he couldn't help but wanting for more.

So he captured her lips with his for the second time. Their  lips molded perfectly together and moved slowly against each other. It was a slow yet passionate kiss. He poured out everything he couldn't say with words, and she tried to convey her deep feelings for him through the kiss.

She ran her fingers through his hair and pulled his head down more, so she could kiss him even deeper. He cupped her cheeks with his hands and ran his fingers across them soothingly. He lightly pressed his body against hers, only because he wanted to feel more of her warmth. Ahreum chuckled softly as her back was pressed against the warm hoods of his car.

Eunhyuk chuckled along at her cuteness and gave her one sweet peck on the lips before he pulled away briefly and tilted his head to kiss her from a different angle. She in a deep breath and welcomed his lips with the same enthusiasm. He massaged her lips with his as they got lost in their own world.

"Why are you making all of these feel so real?" She suddenly asked in between their kisses.

This time, Eunhyuk pulled away from her lips for good and his bottom lip as he could still feel her cherry lipgloss smothered on his lips. "Why are you keep asking questions which I don't know the answer to?" He was still in a daze as he brushed her bangs gently. He felt overwhelmed from their kiss, he couldn't even felt the cold wind of the winter.

She ran her thumb across his bottom lip and gazed back lovingly at him. "What does this mean?"

Eunhyuk gave her a small smile before he once again claimed her lips with his.

"Help me figure this out."

 


On the top of his car? Really? I hope I didn't disappoint you guys. *fingers cross*

Soooo, it was the long awaited kiss between Ahreum and Eunhyuk. He finally decided to give his feelings a chance to grow. What do you think about this long- chapter? Hope their full day date didn't bored you guys out. Don't kill me for making Eunhyuk confused about his feelings. It's only day 14, what do you expect haha.

Like I said, it's only day 14. The real drama is just about to begin. Hint: Eunhyuk's clueless state won't be the only thing that prevent them from being together. *gasp*

Don't forget to leave me your comments guys, love love loveee reading them. Do subscribe if you haven't and you can upvote this story if you like it enough :)

See ya! :D

P.S. Look at the pretty new poster and background! Lovely isn't it? ;D credit goes to ∞ b a b o r a c o o n graphic shop