Day 1: Settling the Ground Rules

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

Ahreum stood in front of Super Junior's dorm with a troubled expression. It was the first day that she was officially became the girlfriend of Lee Hyukjae of Super Junior. But she was as clueless as hell. She didn't know whether she should text him first or just wait patiently for him to call her. Whether she should drop by their studio or just come by their dorm at night.

 
She had never been more confused than she is right now. Ahreum had always been a simple minded girl, she didn't like things that troubled her. For her, there was only 'Yes' or 'No'. 'Black' or 'White'. Well, at least it used to be like that. Look where fate had brought her.
 
Earlier that day, Ahreum had just finished her class when suddenly she received a text from the person that had made her loss a lot of sleep the last couple of days. Ahreum almost didn't believe her eyes as she kept checking the name of the the text's sender. She took a seat at the nearest bench on the school's yard. Her heart was thumping like crazy.
 
She didn't know what to expect, she never thought that Eunhyuk would make the first move. With a nervous feeling, she opened the text. But a frown soon appeared on her face once she read the message that Eunhyuk had sent to her. It wasn't a sweet text asking how she had been doing or asking whether she already had her lunch yet. It was a simple text that showed no hint of sweetness or whatsoever:
 
 
 
From: Lee Hyukjae
 
Meet me at the dorm tonight, 10 o'clock sharp.
 
 
 
"Ahreum-ssi, we're gonna grab some lunch. Would you like to come?" A voice suddenly interrupted her train of thoughts.
 
Ahreum looked up just to find two familiar faces smiling down at her. Kim Jie Eun and Park Ji Hye. They were her classmates in Creative Design and some other classes she couldn't remember. They were always trying to be nice to her, but in a different way from the other female population in that campus. They were nice to her not because they knew for a fact that she was Sungmin's cousin, they were nice to her just because they wanted to. At least, that was the kind of vibe she got out of them.
 
But Ahreum chose not to befriend them. Not because she didn't want to, but because she didn't know how to. She never had a girl friend before, she was afraid that she would hurt them with her behavior somehow.
 
"No, thanks. I'm good," Ahreum said with an expressionless face and quickly looked back at her cellphone screen.
 
"We'll be at Starbucks across the campus if you change your mind."
 
Ahreum just nodded her head without looking back at them. Once she saw their feet started to walk away, she heaved a sigh of relief. It would be much better if people would just leave her alone. But with the face and the attitude she had, it was just plain impossible.

So there she was, standing in front of Super Junior's dorm with courage as big as an ant and curiosity as big as an elephant. Get a grip, Lee Ahreum! He's your boyfriend now, you have every right to go and see him whenever you want. It's not like you're going to hell or something, what are you so afraid of?!

And with that, she knocked on the door three times and waited for someone to answer.
 
"Coming!" a familiar voice answered from the other side of the door.
 
Ahreum recognized it as Kyuhyun's voice. And she was right. "Oh, Ahreum-ah. Come in!" Kyuhyun smiled at her and stepped aside to let her in. "Hyukjae hyung has been expecting you." Kyuhyun wiggled his eyebrows and smiled mischievously.
 
Ahreum laughed a little. "What's that suppose to mean?"
 
"Nothing. I'm meeting Nara tonight, I better get going now. See you around, Ahreum-ah!" Kyuhyun grinned and shut the door behind him as he slipped into his jacket.
 
Ahreum shook her head at the mention of that name. Song Nara. How she hated her. No no no, hate was underrated. She loathed her. A lot. *
 
She took off her shoes and put it in the shoe rack. She carefully walked into the living room, somehow afraid to bump into Eunhyuk. But the living room was surprisingly empty. She started to twirl a lock of her hair, a habit of her whenever she got nervous.
 
Should I go to his room? Her face blushed madly at the thought. It's only day one, are you crazy?! She mentally scolded herself.
 
But her feet unconciously dragged her towards the direction anyway. Suddenly a pair of arms appeared out of nowhere and pulled her into the mini gym. She was about to slapped the person, but he was one step quicker.
 
Sungmin pinched her cheek and glared menacingly down at her, "Have you lost your mind?!"
 
"Aw aw, oppa! It hurts!" Ahreum yelped and tried to pry his hand away.
 
"Why on earth would you even consider to date someone only for 30 days?!" Sungmin sounded extremely mad at her.
 
Ahreum gave up trying to escape from Sungmin's deadly pinch. It hurt even more everytime she tried to move. "You knew? Did he told everyone?"
 
"No. He told Donghae who accidentally told Kangin who eventually told all the other members." Sungmin answered flatly.
 
Ahreum rolled her eyes at the answer. She knew something like this would happen. Donghae was just so naive and Kangin had a really loose mouth.
 
"Did you even thi-"
 
Sungmin was about to continue his rant when Ahreum calmly interrupted him. "I'm desperate."
 
Silence filled the room for a brief moment. "What?" Sungmin stared at her in disbelief.
 
"I'm desperate, oppa." Ahreum replayed her answer. "Do you know how it feels like to fall for someone who hates you?"
 
"I, I don't. But-"
 
"Well this is how it feels like. I'm desperate and I just need a closure." Ahreum looked at him with hurt in her eyes. "I know I can never win his heart, but at least I've done my best trying to." She stated firmly.
 
Sungmin's eyes softened at her words. His heart ached for his cousin. Nobody knew her better than he did, and he knew she deserved the best. He slowly let go of her cheek. He her cheek gently and said, "I just want what's best for you. I can't stand seeing you get hurt again from time to time."
 
"I know, oppa. But I'm 21 now, I'm mature enough to make my own desicion." She put her hand above his.
 
"You're growing up too fast," Sungmin frowned at the thought. She was still his cute little cousin in his eyes.
 
"And I'm growing old waiting for you." Eunhyuk stated out of nowhere.
 
Sungmin and Ahreum turned their heads towards the door where Eunhyuk leaned on with his hands crossed in front of his chest. "Come on," Eunhyuk left without waiting for Ahreum.
 
Ahreum immediately followed him, sending Sungmin an apolagetic smile before she exited the mini gym. Sungmin sighed and ruffled his hair out of frustration.

Ahreum nervously followed Eunhyuk closesly from behind. She didn't dare to walk side by side with him, afraid that he would spit on her or something. Impossible, I know. But stil...

 
Suddenly Eunhyuk entered a room which Ahreum recognized as the lounging room. It was where the members used to play some pools, online games, or just read some books.
 
He sat on the wooden floor with his back against the couch. "Are you going to just stand there?" He asked her coldly.
 
Ahreum's face flushed from his sharp words. She walked slowly and sat down next to him. She always lost her composure everytime she was next to him.
 
"So, we need to settle some ground rules." Eunhyuk faced her and gave her a disinterested look.
 
"Huh?" Ahreum gave him a dumbfounded look. What ground rules? Does he think it's a football game or something?
 
Eunhyuk rolled his eyes. "You heard me, ground rules. This way, you won't be whiny if I treated you not the way you want me to."
 
"There's a ground rule in dating?" Ahreum raised an eyebrow at him. I can't belief this guy. If only punching his face wouldn't make me end up in jail...
 
"For us, there is." Eunhyuk stated simply.
 
"First, I will never buy you gifts. Second, I will never walk you home. Third, don't expect me to act all sweet and lovely with you." Eunhyuk had three of his fingers raised after he was done mentioning his ground rules. "Simple, right?" He smirked at her.
 
What a jerk. Fine, two can play this game. Ahreum stared at him with her usual blank expression before she raised one of her finger. "I only have one ground rule."
 
"What's that?" Eunhyuk narrowed his eyes suspisciously at her.
 
"You don't need to act all sweet and lovely with me," Ahreum cringed at his choise of words. "Just act like a real boyfriend. Treat me like your real girlfriend." Ahreum stated carefully, afraid that he would object right away.
 
Eunhyuk stared at her for a while. "Okay, I can do that."
 
"Really?" Ahreum asked him in surprise.
 
"Yeah..." Eunhyuk noticed her eyes widened at his answer. Her doe eyes just got bigger in a cute way.
 
Then she smiled at him. He felt his heart stopped beating for 0.00000001 second. Her smile reached her eyes and made her eyes shaped like crescent moons. She has a really nice eye-smile... I never noticed that before.
 
Eunhyuk quickly looked away and awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. Shoot, what was I thinking?
 
He cleared his throat once and looked back at her, "I think that's all. You can go now." What's this? A company meeting? Why am I dismissing her? Eunhyuk mentally slapped himself. Why Am I suddenly getting nervous. Keep your cool, Hyukjae-ah.
 
Ahreum was about to stood up when she suddenly remebered something. "Ah, I almost forget!" She said as she digged in through her bag.
 
Eunhyuk gave her a baffled look as she pulled out an instax camera. "Found it!"
 
"And what would you do with that?" Eunhyuk eyed her cautiously.
 
Ahreum scooted closer to him. "We're gonna take pictures after each date. I'll consider this 'meeting' as our first date."
 
"Smile," Ahreum held the camera in front of them and snapped a picture.
 
She noticed the distance between them and how Eunhyuk just stared blankly at the camera. She laughed a little at his awkwardness, "Come closer."
 
Eunhyuk scooted a little closer and gave a half-hearted smile to the camera. Ahreum snapped another picture. They waited for a while for the pictures to show up on the films.
 
"What is this..." Ahreum had a small smile once she saw the pictures. She was smiling brightly at the camera while Eunhyuk just remained emotionless.
 
"Aish," Eunhyuk clicked his tongue when he saw the pictures. He seemed so reluctant in those photos.
 
"Here, you keep this one. Do better next time," Ahreum joked and handed him one of the photo.
 
Eunhyuk just took the photo and put it on the floor next to him. He then the TV and didn't say another word to her. Ahreum took that as her cue to leave. So she put her camera back on her bag and walked herself to the door.
 
"Goodnight, Hyukjae-ssi." She turned back before she walked out the door. Eunhyuk had his eyes fixed on the tv and didn't say anything back. It was nothing she wasn't used to, so she just left the room and walked to the living room.
 
She felt really happy on the inside, she finally had one photo together with the person she liked. She was determined, she would cherish their days together and made as many happy memories as she could with him.

Eunhyuk saw Ahreum left the room from the peripheral view of his eyes. He slowly took the photo from the floor beside him and stared at it intently. Her eye-smile was just too pretty.

He replayed in his head the scene between Sungmin and Ahreum that he accidentally witnessed at the mini gym. He never knew she had it in her. He always thought that she was just an emotionless arrogant girl who treat other people like trash.
 
"I know I can never win his heart, but at least I've done my best trying to."
 
Maybe he was wrong.

Woah, 26 subscribers already? You guys are awesome :)

Here's an update for you. It's going to be more and more interesting with every date they're going to go through. I really enjoy writing this story. Please anticipate it! :D
 
Do subscribe and don't foret to leave me your thoughts. Your comments motivate me alot :) See ya! :D
 
*To know the reason why, read my other fanfic: Took My breath Away (chapter 31 to be precise)