Day 10: This Feels Nice, Doesn't It?

30 Days of Dating Lee Hyukjae

Thank you to LeeNaaNaa and ninasomnia for upvoting this story :)


Ahreum packed her backpack hastily as she noticed everyone else in the room was already starting to leave. She knew nobody, that means nobody would care if she was left behind. And that was one of the thing she was most afraid of, being alone.

She mentally cursed Jihye and Jieun for making her said 'yes' to the play and then left her in the middle of the practice for some unimportant reasons. Some friend you are, she rolled her eyes as she slung her backpack and headed to the exit.

Suddenly, something, or rather someone, pulled the strap of her backpack and automatically kept her in place. Ahreum stopped abruptly and turned her head to the back to give the culprit a deadly glare.

"What?" She asked monotonously as she met eyes with the person.

Minhyuk let out a small laughter. Her glare didn't scare him at all. He found it rather cute, to be honest. "What's with the rush?"

"None of your business," Ahreum wriggled free from his grasp and resumed her way to the exit.

Minhyuk easily caught up with her and smiled. "Is that how you treat your friend, Ahreum-ah?" He knew that despite they only known each other for a couple of days, but Ahreum was starting to open up with him. He knew Ahreum was secretly in need of a friend. And he knew, he would be more than happy to be one for her.

Ahreum stopped her steps once the word 'friend' left his mouth. She turned her head slowly to the side, staring at him as if he had lost his mind. "Friend?" The word came out of in barely a whisper. It sounded foreign to her ears. "Do you have a fever or something?" Her voice was louder this time and she placed her palm against his forehead.

It was almost 10 pm, only a few other people remained in the campus. They were standing on an empty hallway, facing the campus' open grass field. Minhyuk chuckled before he knocked her head playfully with their drama script. "What's wrong with the word 'friend', friend?" He purposely emphasized his last word.

Minhyuk removed her hand from his forehead and closed in the distance between them until their noses were barely touching.

He smiled teasingly at her while she just stared passively back at him. She didn't back down or blushed like the other girls would have done.

Her doe round eyes searched into his black orbs. "I've been called by so many names, but you were the first one who ever called me that." She finally stated in an almost disbelief tone.

He slightly frowned at her words. "What names? Cruel ones, I bet." Ahreum nodded her head while keep staring at his eyes with genuine curiosity, as if she needed more confirmation from him.

Minhyuk's frowned turned into a gentle smile and the need to protect her just grew even bigger. "Well, I'm your friend. And so is Jihye and Jieun."

Ahreum's stone cold expresion finally starting to melt. She smiled a little after hearing his words. "This must be weird for you, having to confirm that you befriend with someone. This usually happens naturally, right? I'm sorry."

Minhyuk shook his head and his smile turned into a grin. "No, I love experiencing something new."

Ahreum laughed and it took Minhyuk by surprise. Never once, in his whole univesity life that he ever saw her laughed. It was really cute and sounded really lovely. "Liar," she playfully accused in between her laughters.

Minhyuk bit his bottom lip slightly to mentally prevent his feelings from blossoming into something else. It wasn't somewhere he wanted to venture to, knowing she was already taken at the moment.

"This is something new for you, isn't it?" Minhyuk breathed out his words slowly, "knowing that someone else cares for you."

Ahreum nodded her head slowly. Her laughter had died down and was replaced by a small smile. Not the one that reached her eyes, but it was sincere nonetheless.

Now I know why he falls for her easily, Minhyuk thought as he recalled the scene from the night before.

"Mind if I take her home?"

Suddenly someone spoke from behind them. Ahreum and Minhyuk turned their head abruptly to the source of the sound. They looked bewildered for a second, as if they were caught doing something they weren't supposed to.

Speak of the devil, Minhyuk clucked his tongue at the sight of his new-found... enemy?

Eunhyuk was standing there with his hand inside his coat pocket. He covered his head with his hoodie as usual. Ahreum could see that his hair was still slightly damped, indicating that he just finished practicing and took a shower before he rushed all the way to her campus. Eunhyuk stood there with a relax posture, different from his defensive-self the night before.

Though nobody knew what was really going on inside his head.

Minhyuk stepped back a bit and exagerated his gesture. "By all means, be my guest." There was this unseen tension between the two guys, it was so thick that it can actually be sliced with a butter knife.

Ahreum just patted Minhyuk's shoulder once before she gladly went to Eunhyuk.

"I'll call you later, Ahreum-ah," Minhyuk winked at her before he walked to the other end of the hallway.

Ahreum frowned in confusion at his statement. Why would he call me? Weird kid.

Little did she know that Minhyuk only said that to burn the jealousy fire inside Eunhyuk even more.

And it worked.


Eunhyuk watched as Minhyuk's back slowly disappeared from his sight. He squinted his eyes in dislike and mentally strangled Minhyuk to death. What was he about to do to Ahreum if I didn't arrive just in time?

Speaking of which... What was she doing just standing there and not giving that punk a hard slap in the face for getting touchy? The thought angered him all of a sudden.

"What?" Ahreum raised her eyebrows and questioned him. He had been giving her a dirty look and she wasn't fond of it.

Eunhyuk turned his body towards her and tilted his head to the side. "Was it just the two of you practicing for the play?"

Ahreum scoffed at his ridiculous question. She felt like she was being interrogated or something. "Everybody else was there. How can we practice the play with just the two of us present?" Ahreum didn't understand why he was acting that way.

"But Jieun and Jihye-"

"Left early due to some unimportant reasons." Ahreum finished his sentence before he could assume anything ridiculous for the second time that night. Her expression softened at the sight of his frown. It seemed like the matter bothered him so much.

Ahreum took a tep closer towards Eunhyuk and closed the gap between them. Out of habit, she smoothened the wrinkles in between his eyebrows. Eunhyuk's eyes widened slightly at her touch and his heart was thumping hard. Unknown to Ahreum, her touch always had this effect on Eunhyuk. Espescially 'this touch', it just showed how much she cared for him.

"What's wrong, oppa?" Ahreum moved her hands form in between his eyebrows to his bangs, slightly playing with it.

Eunhyuk caught her hand and intertwined their fingers together. "Nothing... I just, I got a little bit too excited when you invited me to your campus. I don't even know why I was giving him a hard time," Eunhyuk sheepishly admitted and rubbed the back of his neck with his free hand awkwardly.

Ahreum chuckled and flicked his forehead playfully with her finger. "Silly oppa."

Eunhyuk blushed once he realized how stupid he must have sound accusing her for nothing. He burried his face onto the crook of her neck and pulled her closer to share some warmth. "So, why did you ask me to come here?"

His warm breath on her neck tickled her skin, she giggled as she caressed the back of his hair lovingly. "You never dated anyone while you were in campus, right?"

Eunhyuk retreated his head and stared at her with confusion in his eyes. "Well, I couldn't and I didn't have the time to. Where are you going with this?"

Ahreum laughed with the suspicious tone in his voice. "I'm giving you the chance to experience it." Her eyes glimmed mischievously.

"Huh?"

"We're going to be the campus couple for tonight!" Ahreum spread her arms and pointed to the university's buildings behind her.

A grin slowly crept on Eunhyuk's face. "What's this? Another brilliat idea of yours?" The wrinkles underneath his eyes appeared, and Ahreum couldn't be happier knowing that he loved the idea.

Ahreum nodded her head happily. "Uh-huh."

Eunhyuk laughed and curled her hair behind her ear. "So, what does a campus couple usually do?" He smiled affectionately at the adorable girl in front of him.

Ahreum walked backwards as she pulled him towards one of the building at the right side of the main building. "Well, they usually eat lunch at the cafeteria together and make everyone else jealous," Ahreum shrugged her shoulder cutely and grinned adorably at him.

Eunhyuk laughed and followed her as he closed the distance between them. He hugged her fom behind as they walked towards the cafeteria. "You're asking me, an idol and the object of affection of many young teenagers, to eat with you at this hour?" He whispered to her ear playfully.

Ahreum giggled and turned her head to the side to take a peek at him. "What? Afraid of getting fat?"

Eunhyuk laughed for the umpteenth time that night, something that became more and more frequent eversince he started dating Ahreum. "Nope, just teasing you." He smiled before he planted a loving kiss on her temple.


"Over here!" Ahreum skipped excitedly to the table which was located at the centre of the cafeteria. It was a big round table with eight chairs surrounding it.

Eunhyuk smiled watching her being so excited. He quietly sat at the chair next to her and propped his chin with his hand over the table. "What now?" He gazed at her curiously, wondering how could she come up with all the unique ideas for their date.

"Now, we eat." She stated firmly as she got up from the table. "The lunch lady had made us something earlier, I'm just gonna re-heat them first. Wait here," Ahreum smiled and left the table.

Eunhyuk turned his body and sat with his back leaned against the table. He observed his surrounding and imagined how crowded the place would be like during lunch. The table he was seating at was probably where the popular kids hang, considering it was situated right in the middle. His gaze finally landed on Ahreum who was busy re-heating their food using a microwave near the buffet table.

Eunhyuk imagined what would it be like if he was just a normal college student studying at the university. Would he date her? Would he be included amongst the popular crowd? Would he still be doing what he loved the most, dancing?

"You're frowning again."

Eunhyuk gasped in surprise once he heard Ahreum's voice. He was deeply immeresed in his own thoughts that he didn't even realize that Ahreum already came back with their tray of foods and put it at the table behind him. He tilted his head upwards and found her stood towering above him with curiosity in her eyes.

Eunhyuk just chuckled and shook his head slightly. "woah, this looks good," He spun his chair back facing the table and quickly changed the subject.

Ahreum was about to questioned him further but finally decided not to. She sat right next to him and popped a french fries into his mouth.

Eunhyuk smiled and gave a sweet peck on her cheek. Ahreum tried to hide her blush, she never knew that Eunhyuk was such a big fan of skinship. She hadn't find the courage to kiss him back up until now. She didn't mind Eunhyuk kissing her, she was just worried about her heart. She didn't know what the kisses were suppose to mean, but she knew one thing for sure. Those kisses would only make her heart suffer even more when the day comes.

Eunhyuk just smirked seeing her failed attempt to hide her blush. "Is this where you usually sit during lunch?"

Ahreum shook her head a little. "No, this is where the popular kids sit. I sat wherever there's an empty seat available."

"But now you can sit with Jieun and Jihye," Eunhyuk smiled warmly at her and caressed her long jet black hair. "And that pest, Minhyuk." Eunhyuk mumbled the last part secretly.

But Ahreum heard it nonetheless. She laughed hearing his nickname for Minhyuk. "What is it that make you hate him so much? You guys barely known each other for 2 seconds."

Eunhyuk shrugged his shoulder and answered childishly. "I just do." He cleaned both of his hands with tissue and smiled brightly at her. He stood up abruptly from his seat, surprising Ahreum in the process. "Let's go!" He offered his hand towards her.

Ahreum took it hesitantly. "Where to?"

Eunhyuk pulled her up on her feet and wrapped his arms around her petite waist. "I don't know, you tell me. This couldn't be the only place where a campus couple hangout, right?" He whispered while breathing in her scent. He kissed the spot right below her ear just to suppress his desire to kiss other more intimate parts of her body.

Ahreum felt her body's temperature was slowly rising. She slowly broke free from the hug to give herself a chance to breathe, which was an impossible thing to do with him being in such close proximity with her. Again, she found herself having this huge urge to kiss him back. She was at the edge of madness for overthinking what could possibly happened if she had the courage to.

But at the end, she once again let her logic won. If I give him a kiss, I would never be able to recover from the heart break, It'll just make things much more complicated, she thought.

Eunhyuk frowned as he was almost 100% sure that Ahreum was going to give him a kiss. What's holding her back?

After gazing at each other eyes for what felt like forever, Ahreum finally let out a hesitant answer, "Well, there's one place-"

"Let's go then!" Eunhyuk cut out her words and half-runningly dragged her out of the cafeteria while laughing.


"Here?" Eunhyuk let go of Ahreum's hand as he took in the beautiful surrounding.

'"Yeah," Ahreum could only gave a short response as she tried to regain her normal breathing. Eunhyuk had dragged her all the way down from the cafeteria to an open-grass field by the lake.

Eunhyuk put his hands on either side of his hips as he gazed at the dark lake in front of them. It was almost midnight, the lake was dark with the moon as the only source of light. Truth to be told, the view was mesmerizing. A sudden regret rose for a second as he knew he was missing a big part of his life for being where he is right now.

"What do you guys do here? Sunbathing?" He turned his head to the side and caught Ahreum's eyes that had been staring at him the entire time. But this time, she didn't flinched nor tore her gaze away from him. Instead, she gave him a heart-stopping smile of hers.

She tugged on his wrist and pulled him away from the lake side to the grass field not far away from there. "The kids love to spend their time at the lake," Ahreum gave him a mysterious smile which earn her a sudden sweet peck on the cheek. "Yah!" Ahreum slapped his chest playfully and pretended to get annoyed cause he cut out her sentence.

"Can't help it, you're adorable." Eunhyuk smiled and the wrinkles underneath his eyes made another appearance. Oh, how Ahreum loved those.

As the days passed by, Eunhyuk was unconciously opening his heart more and more towards Ahreum. He smiled more often, he laughed at her cute antics, he wished the night could come faster, he was marvelled by her unique ideas, and he longed having her in his arms. The compliments he threw so recklessly at her every now and then became more sincere. He seldom hid his feelings anymore. If he thought she was beautiful, he would tell her right away. If he thought she was adorable, he would blurt it out without thinking first. His pride was slightly forgotten.

Her blush and smile was enough.

As expected, she blushed from his random compliment. Eunhyuk grinned in satisfaction and held in the urge to gave her rosy pink cheeks another kiss.

Ahreum cleared , "As I was saying, the kids love to spend their time at the lake," her shy smile was replaced by an excited one. "But I love it more in here."

She gestured at a big old tree with big branches and leaves almost touching the ground that stood proudly nehind her. At one of the big branch, there was a worn out looking swing which was tied to it with a rope. The scene looked really amazing and gave off a nostalgic feeling.

 

 

Eunhyuk gaped in surprise at the view. "Give me your camera," He held out his hand.

Ahreum was confused with his sudden request but gave him her instax camera nonetheless. "Here."

Eunhyuk pulled her closer by the shoulder and pressed their cheeks against each other. He counted to three before he took the picture twice, as usual. He gace the camera back to Ahreum and put one of the picture inside his coat pocket.

"Us and the view, equals a great memory." He smiled warmly at her.

Ahreum laughed and let go of Eunhyuk's hand before running excitedly to the swing. She sat on it before she gave herself a push and started swinging slowly.

Eunhyuk walked up to her slowly with his eyes still fixed on the giant tree and his mouth slightly opened in awe. "This is... amazing," he trailed off as he finally turned his attention back to Ahreum.

He slightly frowned as he noticed that Ahreum was already started swinging slowly on the old looking swing. He approached her and took a hold of the ropes on either side of the swing to stop her movement.

"Hey..." Ahreum whined in protest at him for ruining her fun.

Eunhyuk crouched down in front of her and rested one of his hand on her lap while the other one was still holding tightly to the rope, preventing her from making another attempt to swing. "Is this safe?" He asked as his eyes examined the rope.

Ahreum pouted a little and nod, "It is. I've been here many times."

Eunhyuk averted his gaze back at her in alarm. "With who?"

"Nobody. I don't like having company," She tilted her head to the side, amused by his weird behavior that night.

"Oh," Eunhyuk tried to sound nonchalant as he mentally reprimended himself for keep asking stupid questions.

Ahreum swept his bang to the side. "I wanna tell you something."

Eunhyuk inched his head closer in curiosity. "What?"

"You're the first person I brought here," She whispered at his ear and then stared shyly at him.

Eunhyuk looked up at her beautiful face underneath the moonlight. His feet started to feel numb from crouching down, but he didn't mind. He leaned his face closer and closer to hers, trying to seal the gap between their lips. Eunhyuk couldn't help it anyomore. He wanted to kiss her, he didn't even know the reason. Right know, he just wanted to. His chest was about to burst from all the feelings she made him feel.

But before their lips could touch, Ahreum put her forefinger against his lips. "No," she said almost breathlessly. It took all of her will power to stop what he was about to do. 

"No?" Eunhyuk was still in a daze. Their lips were so close from each other, but then she just said 'no'. He was so tempted to pushed her finger away and kissed her hard on the lips. But then he would have to face the consequences of being slapped hard in the face.

Ahreum bit her lower lip slightly, Eunhyuk mentally groaned at the scene. "I don't think we should do that... It's only going to make things harder for me at the end." She explained with her forehead slightly creased.

Eunhyuk tore his gaze away from her the moment he heard her explanation. She was right, he shouldn't do this to her. This relationship is going to end 20 days from now, right? What am I doing? Why am I getting carried away? He thought painfully.  He gazed back at her apologetically. "Okay. No kissing on the lips." He smiled softly at her.

Ahreum smiled back at his understanding. "No kissing on the lips," she repeated his statement and grazed her thumbs across his cheeks lovingly.

Eunhyuk kissed the tip of her nose and laughed as she scrunched her nose cutely at the ticklish sensation. Ahreum couldn't help but smiled back seeing his adorable laughter.

As his laugh slowly died down, he found out that Ahreum had been gazing at him with a small smile attached to her beautiful face. He stared back at her with adoration in his eyes.

Ahreum moved her fingers towards his eyes and caressed his eyelid before she slowly closed his eyes using her fingertips. Ahreum leaned her head and inched closer to his face. Eunhyuk could feel her warm breath against his face.

He felt something soft touched his eyes. And his heart burst from all the overwhelming feelings at the realization that Ahreum just kissed the skin right underneath his eyes where the wrinkles usually appeared everytime he smiled.

Ahreum took her time and kissed him slowly. From his right eye to his left. She just hoped that one day Eunhyuk would realize how much she loved him and how desperately she wanted him to love her back.

She pulled away slightly to gaze at his perfect face. His eyes were still closed as the after effect of her kiss still lingered. He opened his eyes slowly and gazed back at her warm chocolate eyes.

Ahreum chuckled seeing him became speechless at the moment. "I always adore your eyes," she whispered truthfully as once again her thumb caressed the skin underneath his eyes.

Eunhyuk caught her wrist and put her hand against his cheek. He rested his head against her hand and whispered, "This feels nice, doesn't it?"

Ahreum nodded and smiled at his loving gesture "It is."

Eunhyuk tore his gaze away from her and once again closed his eyes. He turned his head slightly and gave her palm sweet chaste kisses.

What have you done to me?


Attetion to all readers:

I'm so so so sorry for not updating for so so so long. I beg all of your forgiveness. I've been really busy and I've lost my inspiration to write. Thank you for sticking to this story and gave me supporting comments and messages to continue this story. Now I've found a new found determination! I'm not going to abandon this story and I'm gonna finish it :)

For the rest of you guys, don't forget to leave your comments and thoughts to make this story better and more interesting. I love reading your comments. And please do upvote the story if you don't mind :D

Thankyou so much for your patience, and I promise you guys to update regularly from now on. See ya!

P.S. How long do you think they can keep their agreement not to kiss each other on the lips? *wriggling eyebrows*