Paparazzi

Beautiful Stranger

 

“How would you like your coffee, Sir?” asked his new secretary who just led him into his office.

“Oh, a cappacino is fine.” Taecyeon replied as he observed his new spacious office. It was his first day at work as Executive Director. It was indeed a bigger office than the Manhattan one and even had a 42” plasma TV for him. His secretary, Miss Lee soon came back with his cappacino and placed it on his desk.

“Today’s papers are all on your desk for your reading pleasure, sir. Do let me know if you need anything else.” She informed politely before Taecyeon thanked her and let her go back to her desk outside. At this moment, his office door swung open and Siwon walked in with his arms wide open.

“Taec Buddy!! You made it!” Siwon greeted with a big smile as he went in for their usual big boy hug.

“You are early. I thought I’ll only be meeting you during lunch.” Taecyeon was surprised but happy to see his best bud. Siwon was hardly early for work and moreover when they spoke last night, he remembered Siwon setting a lunch meeting with him and not a morning meeting.

“Haha.. it’s your first day at work. Of course I had to come early and welcome you!” Siwon sugar-coated but then admitted. “Actually, I got an emergency meeting with Dad. Was woken up at 7am and summoned here.”

“What happened, dude? Your dad only summon you this early when you did something bad and got into some trouble. You better tell me now before Mr. Choi starts questioning me as well.”

“No, no. It’s got nothing to do with you. Don’t worry, Bud. Anyway, didn’t you read the morning papers? I gotta run now.” Siwon looked at his watch as he started stepping backwards and heading towards the door. “I’ll explain later when I see you at lunch.” He gave Taec a thumb up before leaving the office.

Taec wondered what Siwon was talking about when he asked if he read the papers. He didn’t have time to read the papers before he got in for work since he woke up slightly late and was having a little trouble driving to work with the Korean-speaking GPS. He managed to reach work by 9.30am and hadn’t settled down in his office when Siwon dropped by. Taec turned to his desk and sat down on his comfortable arm-chair, taking out one of the Korean newspapers on his desk to browse the headlines. He saw Siwon’s name under the gossip column with a small picture of him and a girl and quickly flipped to the page of the story.

“IS THE NATION’S ROYAL PRINCESS DATING CM GROUP’S HEIR?

Royal Princess Kim Yubin(25) was recently spotted on a date with the handsome heir of CM group, Choi Siwon(26), coming out from a café in Hongdae. The couple seemed to have just ended what looked a romantic lunch date. It was said that the CM Group chaebol son was already engaged to Choi Holdings’ daughter, Choi Sooyoung but with these photo shots of what looked like a possible royal couple to be, marriage plans may have changed. 

However, netizens has expressed their favor for this handsome couple, hoping for a grand royal wedding in the near future. Will we be seeing a royal wedding soon?”

In the photos, Taec only saw a smiling couple but the 2 of them had sunglasses on and he couldn’t really see how the princess looked. She seemed to have a celebrity aura and good fashion sense from the way she was dressed. He had been away from Korea so long he didn’t even know how the royal family looked like. He laughed and shook his head as he notice one photo of Siwon looking like he was almost kissing her cheek.

This guy went from models to royal princesses? That was hell of an upgrade! Taec wasn’t sure if he was happy for his buddy or worried for the royal family. Now he knew what trouble Siwon got himself into. His buddy’s original engagement might be in jeopardy now but somehow Taec felt that this might be good news to Siwon since he knew he never had any interest in his so-called fiancé.

----

Mr Choi slapped the morning papers on his desk hard when Siwon walked into the Chairman’s office.

“Explain this!” he commanded his son.

“Ermm.. well.. we met some time back and we hit it off.” Siwon had to lie. No way was he going to say that his proposal was sent to the royal family by his fiance.

“You know. In the past, when you dated actresses and all, I didn’t really bother but you know very well that the marriage plans for you and Sooyoung is in the process now, and you do this?! How am I gonna explain this to our in-laws? I even heard the royal family is planning the princess’ marriage as well and obviously, the nation will not see this as a fling.”

“Dad, things just happened this way. I know this may affect our original marriage and merger with Choi Holdings but seriously, Sooyoung and I are not in love. I’m sure Mr. Choi can understand. The merger can still go on without the marriage. And wouldn’t the business gain more recognition if the royal family is part of it as well? I mean, she may just marry me, you know.”

“Are you telling me you are serious about marrying the princess?” he leaned forward with a curious stare at his flamboyant son.

“Errr… Yes?” Siwon replied rather nervous at the “marriage” word but then he thought about all those competition for the princess’ hand and he repeated firmly to his father. “YES, I am.”        

-----     

“Sweetheart, did he kiss you on the cheek?” The queen questioned Yubin as soon as she observed the photo. The royal family was having breakfast and reading the latest headline gossip involving their precious daughter.

“No, Mom. He was just leaning slightly and then he bowed to me.” Yubin answered. Her date with Siwon went quite well and they even arranged for a tennis date last weekend at the country club. It went smoothly as well and he was quite good at the sport. Though there was some harmless flirting after the tennis match, she realized she wasn’t that into him yet but she didn’t mind meeting him again. He seemed like a fun guy and knew how to enjoy life but that only made him look more like a smooth player and that was all. She knew nothing about his work yet and how he managed his company. She wasn’t sure if he was even boyfriend material, not to mention husband material but now that photos had made the headlines, things might just get more complicated.

“Well, the media isn’t making your date with him seemed like a simple date. They make it sound like you have been dating him for some time already.” The queen commented.

“I have already informed the media that the princess has every right to have coffee with friends.” Yenny added as she was also at the breakfast table giving the royal family an update.

“Yes but now that these photos are out and not everyone will believe it's not a date, it’s likely Yubin have to eliminate to continue meeting the other bachelors because I don’t want the nation to think of my daughter dating too many men.” The queen instructed Yubin even though the queen wasn’t very happy with the decision.

“Whatever you say, Mom.” Yubin nodded without much thought because to her, the other 2 bachelors were no great loss to her.

“Don’t forget we still have our bachelor no.4, the Thai Prince.” Yenny reminded.

“Ah. Yes.. but that date is likely to take place in Thailand so it will not be too public. I have already assured the Thai Royal family that my daughter is not dating seriously and that the chaebol was just a suitor.” The queen seemed to have everything under control. Then she continued. “This Siwon still looked like trouble to me. Also, in the meantime, I suggest you find out more about his work.”

“You know what. I was just thinking about that. In fact, I plan to drop by his office for a surprise visit tomorrow.” Yubin smiled at her own initiative to catch a surprised Siwon at work.

 

A/N: Ok, the MEET is nearing as you can see. Stay Tuned to the next chapter when TAECBIN finally come face to face!