Showdown Part 2

Beautiful Stranger

 

“Siwon, there’s something I need to tell you..” Taec faced his best friend with a heavy heart. “Yubin and I…. we got together while I was away in Thailand last week. I meant to tell you but you were in Japan and I had to fly to Thailand and get her or I’ll lose her again. She was the girl I met at the club 5 years ago! That girl I kept looking for ever since I kissed her on that New year’s eve party in New York…”

“What the are you talking about? I don’t understand a thing what you are saying!” Siwon still couldn’t grasp what was Taec was saying. How was Yubin possibly a random girl at a club whom Taec had a kissing encounter with 5 years ago? And what has it got to do with what was happening with Yubin and the Thai Prince now? Siwon was confused, or rather refusing to understand. Things were already complicated on his side and Taec was blaring out more ridiculous crap.

Taec looked seriously at Siwon and somehow knew that this was probably too much for Siwon to absorb. “Yubin and I are in love. I went to Thailand to meet her and spent a week with her at a resort.  That announcement you saw on screen is happening because she doesn’t want to marry the Prince since he’s in love with another girl and Yubin is with me!” Taec couldn’t believe he went straight to the point but it was the best method, considering Siwon was not the type to listen to soppy love story of how fate brought 2 kissing strangers back together again after 5 years.  

“So you are basically saying…. you stole a girl from me?” Siwon was not very happy with such competition, even if he was not in love with Yubin which was another issue, but he really didn’t like the idea of losing a girl he was kinda interested to his best friend and the best friend he trusted most in his life.

Taec looked down and shook his head, hands on his hips. He expected this from Siwon. “I know you are not going to be happy about this and I understand….” Taec continued as he took out his resignation letter from his suit jacket. “I’m sorry..”

The blow came unexpected and took Taec by surprise. Siwon’s punch on Taec’s left cheek threw him off completely and he found himself almost falling on the floor.

“Over a girl??!!! you, Taec! you!!!” Siwon shouted as he was on the verge of kicking Taec on the balls as well but staff members outside the office quickly ran in and held on to Siwon, trying to stop the fight. For years, Taec had often teased Siwon with verbal warnings of quitting the company but never had Taec handed in an official letter of resignation. Siwon had never question Taec’s loyalty to the company and he was sure of it considering they had been best friends for years. This wasn’t so much an issue over a fight for a girl but loyalty broken over a girl and Siwon couldn’t take it when he caught the sight of that resignation letter.

Taec felt wronged and wanted to remind Siwon that he had met Yubin first. But his secretary who ran to help him up managed to calm him down saying softly “Sir, I think it is not the best time to argue now. The president is too angry to think now.” And she quickly led Taec back to his office.

----

 After packing her luggage preparing to head back to Seoul that evening, Yubin made visit to Khun’s room. She asked for a private moment with the prince but his bodyguards only agreed to give them a 10 feet perimeter private space. Not too private still but Yubin went on to sit next to Khun at the edge of his bed.

“Thank you, Khun. No, I mean, I’m sorry….” She said.

“It was the only way…” Khun replied with a comforting smile.

“What about Steph, Khun?” Yubin asked. “What can we do to help?”

“Take care of her for me, please. I know the news is out and she will be worried sick but please assure her I’m going to be fine. Tell her not to worry as I will figure out a way.”

Yubin was close to tears as she felt the heartache Steph was possibly going through. “As much as I know my parents are not going to forgive me for what I have done here so far and will not make things easy for Taec and me, I know how it feels and I want to help you guys, whatever it takes.”

“I’m sure there is a way. Don’t worry.” Khun tried to assure her. “You are a good friend, Yubin.”

 Yubin leaned in to give Khun a goodbye hug. She nodded as Khun whispered something into her ear and handed her a letter meant for Steph.

On the flight back to Seoul with her parents, Yubin spoke little to them. She knew that anything she’d say would not make her parents feel any better. She felt it was best for everyone to cool down for the time being. She finally got her phone back and texted Taec on when she was arriving back to Seoul but she would contact him once again after she settled down at home.

“You do know this is not over. Your father and I have discussed that it is best you lay as low as possible to avoid any unnecessary media attention for now.”  The queen told Yubin when they got home.

Yubin just nodded silently as she unpacked her luggage in her room.

“And…that would mean you shouldn’t be meeting or dating anyone as well.” Her mother added.

“What? Why? Isn’t it clear enough I am serious about Taecyeon already?”

“Well, for one. The media is going to treat that marriage rejection as some kind of scandal and will be stalking you for your comments. Can’t you see there were reporters at the airport ready to bombard you with questions upon arrival which was why we took that special private exit out of the airport? They’ll be swarming the palace soon as well. If you are seen with someone else, they will take the opportunity to stir more scandal.”

“Your mom is right…” Yenny appeared at the doorway just at this moment. Yubin perked up immediately seeing her best friend. They haven’t seen each other for a week and Yubin had so much to tell her. She wasn’t even bothered with Yenny agreeing with her mom as she went straight to Yenny and the girls hugged happily.

“Gosh I got so much to tell you, Yenny!” Yubin told her best friend.

“We’ll go to that later.” Yenny said and then she turned to the queen. “Your highness, I have an idea. Since we will be expecting the nosy press around here, I was thinking if it would be good for the princess to stay somewhere else temporary. She can stay at my place for the time being. I have a nice decent spare room.”

 “Yenny! That’s a great idea!” Yubin definitely preferred Yenny’s idea than hiding in her own bedroom all day. She turned to her mother. “I don’t need a fancy big room and all. I have lived in a small dorm with Yenny during our college days so I’m gonna be fine.”   

“Well…” The queen thought for a while. “Only for the time being until the hype has calmed down.”

“Yes!” Yubin and Yenny exclaimed silently in unison.

----

Taec heard the doorbell of his apartment and wondered who would be visiting him at 11pm. Yubin had not called him yet so he doubted it was her. He checked the small monitor and found a familiar friendly-looking pair standing outside his door. He was glad to see them and he wondered why they seem to look like a couple somehow now. He quickly opened his door, welcoming his sporty neighbor Chansung and a bubbly Yenny with open arms.

“Guys!! I’m so glad to see you! What a surprise!!” Taec was feeling so much better seeing them after all that drama he went through at work earlier that day.

“Well, we aren’t only the surprise guests here..” Yenny announced as Chansung and her moved aside to present that girl Taec had been worried about for the last 48hours, finally standing in front of him and smiling beautifully at him.

Yubin moved forward to hug the man she thought at one point she would hardly get to see again.

“You made it, baby. You made it back into my arms!” Taec muttered as he planted kisses on her hair, hugging her ever so tightly.

A/N: The ideas are rolling in.. yes.. I’m slowly gaining momentum again!!