Aftermath - New Year's Day 2007

Beautiful Stranger

 

When the girls woke up the next morning, Yubin felt a disturbing headache. Must be a hangover, she thought. Even though suffering from hangover, Yubin found herself remembering all the events from the night before. That kiss with her handsome stranger was most unforgettable, and then she briefly recalled Yenny dragging her off and heading straight to the house they were staying at which was Yenny’s cousin. Yubin was making herself a cup of tea in the kitchen when Yenny walked in and helped herself for a cup of coffee. She didn’t look too good as last night was kind of a hell for her since Rick nearly got himself into a drunk fight and Yenny kept worrying about him all night.

“How’s Rick?” Yubin asked

“He’s fine. I guess. I told him not to drink so much last night since he was driving but he just didn’t listen. And yeah, he had to get into a fight when some guy was only randomly talking to me.”

“You sure Rick is your kind of guy? Seeing the fact that he’s impatient, impulsive and possessive, he sounds like bad news to me, Yenny.”

“Sigh.. I know. I mean I actually like his attention on me but I have only known him for 3 weeks so… Anyway, I wanted to ask you this last night but I was too busy worrying about my guy! Unnie! Did you kiss some guy last night?”

Yubin almost spit out her tea at that question. She obviously did not expect Yenny to see that since she was all into Rick last night.

“Is he an ex-boyfriend?” Yenny continued asking.

“Ermm…no. Not ex-boyfriend.” Yubin finally admitted. “he’s ah… some… guy?”

“Unnie! Did you get picked up?”

“No… I don’t know how to explain this. Oh god… I have never ever been in such a situation before and would never have done such a thing. I mean, I have never felt such a strong attraction to a total stranger. I mean, to the extent of kissing him. I mean, without even talking much and getting his name. I can’t believe what I did last night.” Yubin was almost stammering.

“You kissed a total stranger?” Yenny asked with a surprised look.

“Sigh.. Yes I did. I think he’s Korean and that’s about it. Did I drink too much that I dared to even kiss him? ” Yubin shook her head, still not believing what she did last night.

“Was he a good kisser? Is he good-looking? Oh, you got to tell me more!!!”

“He’s good-looking … not ugly for sure but honestly it was kinda dark and I only remembered those set of sincere eyes and that chiseled dimpled smile. And yes, he’s a really good kisser.” Yubin described it like she was in dreamland.

“Oh my god! This is so romantic. But you really got nothing from him? Not even a name, a number or a card?”

“No… you dragged me off before he came back to me.”

 “Aish..” Yenny felt guilty now. “It’s all Rick’s fault. So, there’s no way you can find him? Will you recognize him if you see him again?”

Yubin shrugged. “I guess I might recognize but I think it’s impossible to ever see him again.”

“But you know what. We could go back to the club tonight and he might still turn up if he’s interested.”

“We are flying back to Cali tonight, Yenny! And if he didn’t turn up, I’ll feel like a complete fool.”

Just then Yenny got a call from Rick who told her he got his car from the club safely and would be driving over to meet her in a while. Yenny then told him that they had intentions to back to the club tonight and might change their flight to tomorrow but Rick informed her that the club was not gonna be open tonight.

Yubin looked disappointed at the club closure news and said “Forget it, Yenny. It’s alright. This kind of stuff only happens in movies. I’ll never meet him again. This is just silly. It’s troublesome to change the flight too. Let’s just stick to original plan.”  

---------

“Yo, buddy. Wake up. We gotta pack up. Our flight is in a few hours time.”

Taec was woken up by Siwon who was in the hotel robe with a very hangover look.

“What? I thought we are leaving tomorrow.” Taec stirred.

“Change of flights made by my dad’s PA. I need to be back earlier than scheduled. Sorry.” Siwon yawned.

As Taec washed up, he recalled the events from last night and felt a sense of sadness and regret. Did she leave on purpose so he could never get to know her? She seemed interested or else she would never have kissed him. Those eyes and that slight smile were not flirty. She didn’t seem like she was flirting and so was him. It felt real, like they were meant for each other. He had never kissed a stranger unless he knew her well enough, or at least knew her name, no matter how attractive but this girl was different and somehow he felt she was the kind that would drive him crazy. Yeah, crazy enough to daringly kiss her. Will he ever see her again? Maybe she would be at the club again tonight?

“Hey Siwon. Can you go ahead with the flight today and I keep mine to tomorrow?” Taec suggested.

“Why? What’s so important you have to stay one more day?”

“Dude. I met this girl last night and I really need to see her again.”

Siwon brightened up and quickly asked “Really? But how is that possible? I remember you were alone all night.”

“She was near the dance floor. You were busy dancing with the crowd. We kissed.”

“What the ? You met someone and kissed her in that short span of time I was dancing? I don’t remember staying that long on the dance floor.”

“I know. It just happened. I don’t know how to explain to you but she was there and I was so attracted to her and we just kept staring at each other. God, I didn’t even get to the “What’s your name” part and we kissed.”

“Is she pretty? White, Latin, Asian?”

“Asian. Maybe Korean. I’m not sure because she didn’t speak much. .. but yeah, she’s a beauty. Slightly petite. I’ll never forget her face.”

“So you didn’t get her name or number?”

“No, you had to puke and I had to drag you to the restroom again. By the time I got back to that same spot, she was gone.”

“See dude. That is your problem. I can’t believe you work fast with the kissing but you didn’t at least get a name and number if you were that attracted to her?”

Taec looked at Siwon and shook his head, still not believing what his buddy was saying and then he pushed Siwon on his shoulder. “It’s all your fault for interrupting that moment I had with that girl.”

“Alright,  alright. It’s my fault. Let me do you this favor. Why don’t I call the club and get them to give me a list of girls from their guestlist who attended the party last night. It was a VIP only event last night anyway. At least that’s a start right? The PR girl and I are friends, she’ll have no problem giving me names and numbers too. Then you can try and call every single girl and asked if they kiss you.” Siwon offered.

Taec was grateful he had a high networking buddy. Siwon made the call to the PR girl who said they were closed that day but she would try her best to get him the guestlist, just not by the day itself.

“Oh but she added that there were a whole lot of people who came in with their VIPs and those were not recorded so it might be a needle in a haystack situation.” Siwon continued. “It’s useless for you to go back to the club anyway since it’s closed tonight.”

Taec sighed as Siwon patted his shoulder consoling him. “Dude. Get real. Unless you believe in fate, which I don’t and I only see it in movies, you eventually get to meet her again.” Siwon advised.

 

A/N: I'm an impatient writer just like some of you are impatient readers...but it's likely I won't be updating as fast next week onwards because of work and studies. Also, thanks for subscribing and supporting this new fic.  I need it to keep me writing :)