Bachelor No.3

Beautiful Stranger

 

The deli café had an avant-garde pearl white concept and Yubin had always liked its casual open environment. She felt pretty much like a regular civilian here where several university students like to hang out since the food and drinks were reasonably priced. She loved the espressos and green tea latte here. She would even sometimes sneak out with Yenny for a coffee break here. The queen asked Yenny to arrange all of Yubin’s dates with the short-listed bachelors at upscale French or Italian restaurants so Yubin could observe their gentlemanly actions and generous attitudes. After meeting 2 bachelors at the restaurants for dinner consequently, Yubin felt it was a waste of time since these guys were probably well-trained in those areas and she would rather see an unexpected side of them. So she suggested to Yenny to arrange the 3rd guy at their favorite little deli café for a casual lunch.

Yubin arrived 20mins earlier than the appointment time and sat at her favorite corner table. 15 mins later, she noticed that familiar dude striding into the café like a well-dressed model in a Prada suit just off the catwalk. Wearing a pair of the latest D&G sunglasses, and smiling like a star to the service staff, he asked for a table for 2. He was 5 mins early for the appointment and he didn’t bother to look around to check if his date was there. Hmm, he must think all princesses were late-comers. Yubin thought. The waiter ushered him to a table and he sat down, checking his watch. Yubin decided to observe him for a little while since he didn’t notice she was there already. She was still wearing her sunglasses and she would assume he wasn’t able to recognize her yet. He looked around, observing the café and its casual environment and nodded like it wasn’t that bad after all. He checked his watch again and then he called for a server.  

“Hi, can I order a drink?” Siwon asked the young waiter.

“Sorry, Sir. You have to go to the counter to order your drink.”

“Oh... So this is like starbucks.” He didn’t seem embarrassed and even chuckled at his own ignorance. “It’s ok then. I’ll order later.” He was surprised the princess had picked out this place and he actually found it rather interesting. Yubin then decided to spare him the wait. He didn’t look uncomfortable or impatient and was even friendly to the service staff. Well, some little points there for bachelor no.3. She finally stood up from her seat and walked over to him.

“Siwon-shii?” Yubin took off her sunglasses and greeted him.

Siwon was surprised she came from within the café and not through the door. Was she here earlier than him and he didn’t notice her? Damn! This was embarrassing. She looked stunning though. He quickly stood up and greeted her “Your highness. I’m sorry. I didn’t know you were here.”

“Shhh…” She smiled with a finger on her pursed lips. “Please call me Yubin. This is not a place for such royal treatment.”

Siwon smiled, nodded and pulled a chair for her to sit. “Well then, please have a seat, Yubin-shii.”  

Yubin sat down and Siwon asked her what she would like to have which she promptly told him since she already had what she wanted in mind. He excused himself to join the relatively long queue to make their order at the counter. Yubin waited for about 10mins before he came back with their drinks on a tray.

“Food should arrive soon.” He announced to her while he settled their drinks on their table. “So do you come here often? I’m sorry I’m very new to this place but it seemed cozy. I like it.”

“Yes, I used to come here almost everyday during my university days.” She informed.

They chatted like casual friends, eating, laughing at the same time. Yubin found that he was quite a funny guy and was not giving her vibes of an over-confident show-off like one of her other short-listed bachelors. He talked about his travelling adventures and she actually enjoyed his stories. She knew he was likely still a player so she held no strong interest except getting to know him as a friend. He didn’t flirt with her too much as well and that made her quite comfortable.

Later, when lunch was over, he walked her to her car where her driver and bodyguard were waiting just outside the café. She felt his hand on her waist guiding her and that was probably the only body contact he made so far. Siwon almost leaned in for that cheek to cheek goodbye he always used with most of his female friends but caught himself and bowed slightly when sending her off to her car. Yubin caught his awkward reaction and almost laughed before she got into her car. They agreed to meet again during the weekend for a tennis date.

------

Taecyeon was walking towards his apartment after his evening jog when he slowed down at the basketball court nearby. He spent a peaceful vacation week at Jeju island alone and just got back to Seoul in the morning. He hadn’t had a real vacation the past years ever since he worked for CM group. It was also a good chance for him to relax, away from everyone and work. The Jeju vacation was fruitful as he felt more refreshed and ready to face the new work challenge.

The basketball court was quiet except for a dude shooting hoops alone. Taec was observing his throws and remembered how he used to be really active in that sport during college. This dude was pretty good, especially with his 3-point throws. Taec was better at 2-points and well, dunking. He hadn’t played this sport for some time and he actually missed it. He should actually learn some tricks from this guy.

“Hey there. Mind if I join you?” He asked. He hadn’t made any friends in his new neighborhood and he thought why not.

The dude looked at him for a while, not smiling and then nodded, throwing the ball at him “You play?” He asked coolly.

“Yeah. Years ago, I was part of the school team.” Taec replied, catching the ball in time. This guy was tall as well and Taec felt that this one-on-one might just be a challenging one. They started their challenge straight away and Taec lost the first round. It took him another 2 rounds before he caught up with some points. The boys finally ended the game with Taec losing by 3points but felt great for not losing that much touch for a sport he used to excel years ago.

“Sorry. I didn’t get your name. I’m Taecyeon.” He introduced himself when they took a break and sat down to have a gulp of energy drink.

“Chansung.” He shook Taec’s offered hand and asked. “You live around here?”

“Yeah. I just moved there a week ago.” Taec pointed to the luxury apartment opposite.

“Ahh.. I see. I lived behind there.” Chansung pointed to a slightly run-down block.

“That’s cool. Can I come by some time? I haven’t had a thorough walk in this neighborhood.” Taec asked.

“Ermm, this neighborhood is no tourist ground.”

“Hahaha… I’m no tourist but I’m just missing my roots.”

They chatted for some time before they headed back to their individual apartments. Taec was happy he made a new friend in the neighborhood, different from those around his luxurious apartment block. Chansung might be the quiet and cool sort but he seemed like one you could trust. Chansung found this new friend too American to him but he liked his sincere and humble nature. He felt Taecyeon kinda of reminded him of the princess, someone you think might be an upper class pain in the but actually they were far from that.

A/N: Are you all getting impatient? Or am I boring you all to death so far? LOL! I can't wait as well.