Regrets

Beautiful Stranger

 

He woke up in bed feeling a slight headache with the bright sunlight blaring into the hotel suite. As he strained his eyes against the sunlight, he noticed the slim smooth back of that fine lady he had made love to the previous night next to him. He smiled at the thought of it because he had never felt this good after that amazing night of . Then flashes of clearer memories of last night’s events came flowing back into Siwon’s head. Events that led to drinks, that led to an argument, that led to a brave clarification, that led to a some tender loving , that led to him now awake and realizing what he did. Soon that girl in bed would wake up and possibly hate him more or worst, kill him! He sat up on the edge of the bed, resting his head in his hands. ! He cursed silently as he recalled the previous day’s events in detail.

After getting that call from Taec about the royal family’s press conference on his marriage proposal to the princess, Siwon practically ran to his father’s meeting room at the resort. They were all in Japan to discuss the take-over of a resort property in Japan where CM group and Choi Holdings would make their first business merger in buying over the resort together. As soon as Siwon reached the meeting room and saw his father reading the newspaper, he waved his hand in front of his dad’s face to get his attention.

“Dad, I need.. to tell you… something… important… before Mr. Choi finds out.” He’s said in between short breaths since he was running earlier. “The royal family has announced my marriage proposal to the princess. You better prepare yourself to explain to Sooyoung’s dad soon. The news may come out anytime.”

Siwon looked at his father who remain silent and wondered why his reaction was emotionless until he realized his father was looking behind him. Siwon turned around to find Sooyoung and her father staring in disbelief at the end of the room, having witnessed what Siwon had just announced to his father.

“Leave us alone, son.” Mr. Choi told his son as he prepared himself to face his best friend of 30years for the deeds his son had done. Siwon left with Sooyoung out of the meeting room quietly but they left the door slightly ajar so they could listen and watch what was going to happen between their fathers.     

“Forgive me, hyung. For I have not taught my son well. It is my fault. I..I.. can never seem to be a good father enough. My wife and I have pampered him to let him do whatever he wants to in his own ways, including….breaking your daughter’s heart.” Siwon’s father said regretfully

 “You assured me your son will stop his playboy ways and we had to endure all those rumors or photos of him with other girls. But I would never expect him to want to marry to someone else and have it announced publicly! Is he doing this on purpose to embarrass my family?” The other Mr. Choi was obviously disappointed.

Then Siwon’s father continued, bowing in apology. “Sooyoung doesn’t deserve this. I should never let such a thing affect our 30 years of friendship but I know it is my fault. I will understand if you do not want to continue with this business merger.”

Siwon wanted to run into the room to support his dad but he was stopped by Sooyoung who shook her head at him.

Sooyoung’s father was too upset to forgive his friend and did not want to hear any further. As he turned to leave the room, Siwon and Sooyoung quickly ran to hide in a corner to avoid getting discovered they were listening in.

That night Siwon spend some hours drinking at the hotel bar. He felt guilty for ruining his father’s years of friendship with a trusted friend who was more than a brother to his dad. They were both from a poor background who worked their way to become one of Korea’s richest chaebols and they did it together with their strong friendship. Siwon was having his 5th glass of martell on the rocks when Sooyoung joined him at the bar.

He poured her a glass and said with huge hint of sarcasm “Congrats! Your plan worked! Cheers!”  as he clicked his glass against hers and drank his fill.

She drank it, bottoms-up and Siwon was impressed. He immediately poured her another glass.

“I know you are not feeling any cheery about this as well. It’s not that I want to see our fathers get to this stage of possibly ending their friendship.” She said, feeling the guilt as well, as she took another gulp of her drink.

“You wanted this anyway. You wanted so badly NOT to marry me that you went all out to send in my proposal to the royal family!” Siwon couldn’t help but add more blame on her.

“YOU agreed!” Sooyoung spat back.

“I agreed because why would I wanna marry someone who keeps calling me a douche! And who’s always insulting me!”

“I wouldn’t want to marry someone who can’t even love a woman long enough to last months, not to mention in a marriage! You only know how them and that’s it.”

Siwon couldn’t believing she hated him that much to think of him that way. He took a gulp of his martell as he thought of the last time he ever fell in love with a woman. Sooyoung was right that none of his relationships lasted more than 6 months. But he remembered the first girl he ever fell in love was when he was in his first year of university in the US. She broke his heart 3 months later, leaving him for a jock and since then, he had never really taken love seriously. He loved the but he never gave his whole heart to a woman.

“Who says I’m not capable of loving someone seriously?” he muttered.

“What? You gonna prove me wrong? With the princess?” she asked, doubting him so badly while helping herself with another glass of hard liquor.

Siwon looked at her, feeling the disappointment. He was able to charm almost every girl but he always wondered why Sooyoung was the only one immune to his charms. Yes, she knew him since he was a kid. She knew his ugly sides more than any other girl. Why couldn’t she see the good sides of him? He was sure he was capable of loving someone and making real love to a girl! Why should he have to use the princess to prove this to her? Yubin wasn’t the one doubting him now? Sooyoung was!

“No! Not her.” he affirmed as he leaned towards Sooyoung and kissed her. He wasn’t sure why he did that but he wanted so badly to prove her wrong he just did it. It wasn’t a forceful kiss but a tender one. Sooyoung was astonished. Her eyes wide from the shock of what he just did. It wasn’t a bad kiss and she felt her heart beating a little too fast. She should be pushing him away but she didn’t. Then he slowly pulled away from the kiss, afraid she would be fuming mad and half expecting a slap in his face at that moment. But she pulled him closer and landed a soft kiss on his lips. He liked it and kissed her back. Before they knew it, they were in a tight embrace kissing passionately. They went from kissing at the bar to the elevator and finally to Siwon’s suite. Their clothes soon came off like it was a natural reaction. And then the , or rather the love-making session which he wanted to prove so much he could make her feel loved.

To his surprise, it was one of the best he ever had and he wondered why. Was it the alcohol? It couldn’t be because he had drunk before and they all felt “forgettable” right after. He cursed silently as he sat on the edge of the bed messing his hair and feeling more confused. Then he heard her stirring and he got all worried on how to deal with a sober Sooyoung.

A/N: On a break till I get the mood to write again…