Kissing you

Beautiful Stranger

“You slept with Sooyoung?!” Taec responded at Siwon’s revelation while they were sitting down at the bench of the basketball court outside Taec’s apartment, accompanied with beers. Taec was surprised to see Siwon at his place earlier and when Siwon smiled upon seeing him, he just had to go in for a brotherly hug. They seemed to have let bygones be bygones as they chatted like old times during dinner with Yubin. They had an enjoyable ‘royal’ dinner prepared by the princess and were now having their alone guy talk time.

“Yeah. You were away.. in Thailand at that time, I guess. It just happened. We drank some but I could still remember everything. It wasn’t some kind of one night stand. I don’t know what it is…” Siwon buried his head in his hands.

“Are you feeling guilty you slept with her?”

“I doubt it. How is it guilt when I have thoughts of wanting to make love to her again? No girl has ever made me this confused. God, already she hates me, now she’d hate me even  more.”

“Well, dude, the good news is she doesn’t hate you now. I think she’s just confused about her feelings for you the same way you are feeling right now.” Taec informed.

“Seriously? She told you?”

“She said she has nothing against you and just wants to work on making the merger happen. Now why would she hate you when she’s determined to get both companies to merge?”

Siwon was lost in thought for some time before he brightened up at Taec as if he had just given him a brilliant idea. He hugged Taec.“Thanks, bud!” he exclaimed and stood up to leave.

“What did I do?” Taec shouted after him.

“I know what to do now!” Siwon gave Taec the thumbs up as he got into his sports car  and sped off.

----    

“Are you crazy?” she hit him on the shoulder, and did not stop hitting him again and again while he was still on his knees. “We don’t talk for weeks and the first thing you say to me now is to marry you?”

Siwon let her hit him while still on his knees. 2 days ago, he went to grab a Harry Winston ring and headed to find Sooyoung at her favorite café in the country club where he knew she would be having her regular Saturday hi-tea session. By-standers stood dumbfounded at the romantic proposal getting such a repulsive reaction. 

 “I left you numerous voice messages and texts apologizing to you but you still did not respond. And I knew an apology is not what you are looking for!! Sooyoung ah, I’m serious about this! Marry me!” Siwon explained.

“Serious about what, Siwon? Marrying for business?!” Sooyoung wanted a merger. She wanted their families to be back to where they used to be.  Back to that harmonious business dealings between their 2 fathers but she definitely did not want Siwon to pretend to marry her just for that sake.

He held both her wrists to stop her from hitting him and stood up, pulling her close and kissed her. She tried to ply his hands away but soon found herself weak to his kiss. That kiss she missed so much.  He finally let go of her hands and held her face as they deepened their kiss.

He broke the kiss and confessed. “ No, I’m not marrying you for business. I’m marrying you for this. Tell me if you don’t want this as much as I want. I have never felt this way before, such strong emotions for a girl. And I don’t think it’s hate because I would not wanna make love to someone I hate. I think I’m in love with you…”

“It’s a YES.” She did not let him finish as she kissed him back, feeling like the happiest girl in the world with the crowd in the café applauding the kissing couple. This douchebag whom she grew up with was lately the one she couldn’t stop thinking about making beautiful babies with. She kept replaying that idea ever since their first night but could not bring herself from confessing those thoughts to him till now.

----

The wedding was a grand affair.

There were even doves flying off from beautiful custom-made cages earlier outside receiving the wedding couple as they now marched into the dinner event in the big arena held at Choi Group’s biggest hotel in Seoul.

“Really…this is more grand than my wedding.” Prince NichKhun shook his head in envy as he observed the expensive huge arena where he was seated with his friends waiting to be served an exclusive wedding dinner.

“But I always felt our Thai wedding was the best.  I still can’t forget my lovely wedding dress.” Steph kissed her husband cheek proudly and got a grateful smile from him.

“Well, you have to thank me for this. I planned this whole wedding affair.” Another proud confession from Sooyoung at their table as she then held her handsome husband’s arm and asked him. “I’m good, eh, baby?”

“My wife’s the most daebak when it comes to wedding planning. Even our own wedding was all planned by her though she was busy being the bride as well.” Siwon announced to his friends at the table.

“Hey, I’m also part of this wedding planning as well.” Yenny could not help but want to be credited as well. She looked at Chansung next to her and nudged him for support and he immediately took the hint.

“Yeah.   She’s already planning our own.” Chansung blurted out and got the surprised stares from their friends whom they had known through Taec and Yubin.

“Congratulations! Looks like we have another wedding to attend soon?” Steph exclaimed excitedly along with Sooyoung. Yenny blushed while she thanked them for their wishes.

“It’s funny though. That thanks to those two, we are all happily married or getting hitched. I actually thought they would marry earlier than me. Never have I thought that it would come at a time where I have to bring my 3 year old son to their wedding!” Siwon thought aloud as he watched his best friend marching in arm in arm with his royal princess wife. When they took their royal wedding vows earlier that day at the church, Siwon had to control his tears when his wife, along with Steph and Yenny were sobbing in tears of joy.

It wasn’t an easy ride for Taec as he was dating a royal blood and had to get to a certain status to win the approval of not only the royal family but also the nation to marry the princess. Siwon was proud of his best friend who had put in so much hard work into their company’s businesses to finally earn the title of one of Korea’s top CEOs after 4 years. Yubin had to be commended on her patience, love and support for a busy man at work and they deserved this dream wedding everyone was envious of. Siwon clapped and whistled loudly as his buddy took the stand on stage to make his wedding speech.

“Today, I become the luckiest man on earth. Not only do I have a beautiful princess as my wife, but….. also a great kisser. Haha..” Taec made a little joke at his opening speech and got a response of laughter and cheers from the crowd but he could see his parents-in-law looking embarrassed and he quickly continued. “Let me tell you why my wife is a good kisser. When I first met her, I knew nothing about her royal status. She was a total stranger who caught my eye. Someone I did not know if she’s even Korean. She hardly spoke a word to me but she was generous enough to give me a kiss. And that was when I thought she’s THE ONE. Crazy, isn’t it? I did not know her name, or who she was and I wasn’t even trying to woo her just to bed her. I simply… fell in love with her. But it took me 5 years to find her and when I found out she is of royal blood, it was too late. Too late for me to think that I’m not good enough for her, that I am not of royal blood or chaebol status to marry her. Too late because I can’t bring myself to let go of such a good kisser!” he earned more laughter from the crowd again. “Jokes aside, I’m the luckiest man because she waited for me all these years and I can never thank her enough.”    

Cheers and applause filled the room as Taec finished his speech. A teary Yubin was prompted to go up the stage to join her husband and make her speech but she was speechless.

She fanned herself to calm herself and finally said “Many may think my parents must have made it difficult for us all these years that we only get to marry now but I think in the end I have to thank my parents for this. Without them, I would never have travelled to the US and met Taecyeon. If it weren’t for their persuasion to have me meet potential bachelors for marriage, I would never have met his best friend and then get to reunite with Taec.” She thanked her proud-looking parents. “But above all, I would never have married this man if he wasn’t a good kisser as well.” She ended her speech with a little humor.

And with all the encouraging cheers from the wedding guests, it was inevitable they had to show off that first kiss that brought them together.

THE END

A/N: I apologize that this fic took the longest to update. Most of the time, I had a writer’s block. But thankfully, as I got myself to write this last chapter, the ideas just come in as I go along. Finally, this is the end-product. I really hope you all like it. Thank you for being this patient.