Yenny’s project

Beautiful Stranger

 

Yubin and Yenny were gossiping away in the projector room when Chansung got a call from his superior to head to their staff quarters for a short meeting. He informed the princess and was excused to go to his meeting.

“So, my dear Unnie! What’s with the hot bodyguard?” Yenny had to ask. Chansung caught her eye the moment she stood at the door he was guarding before her reunion with Yubin. He had that perfect height and his not very Korean looks had her immediately displaying her sweet smile when they were supposed to introduce themselves. He seemed shy and nodded a little embarrassed and she found that even more attractive. She hoped there was nothing between Yubin and her handsome bodyguard.

“Oh, you mean Channie?” Yubin asked. “He had been working as my bodyguard for more than 2 weeks already. My dad handpicked him and NOT because he’ll make a hot bodyguard for me obviously. Is he really that hot?”

“Well. He seemed cool and he has the height and the looks. What’s he like?” Yenny asked.

“Are you eyeing on my bodyguard now?”

“That is, if you are not interested. I know we always had this rule of not falling for the same guy.”

“Yeah and it’s also lucky that we have very different taste in men all this while.”

“Haha! Yes! We are a match made in heaven. Hahaha.”

Yubin laughed along and the girls quickly stopped their girly discussion when the queen walked in. They greeted the queen while she sat down, and signaled to have the meeting start right away. Yenny was supposed to present the list of eligible candidates for Yubin’s hand in marriage. She was put in charge of this project by the request of the queen after seeing her close friendship with her daughter. Promptly switching on the projector, Yenny started the presentation of the slides she had prepared from the bio-data she had received a few days ago. She actually found it amusing that her first royal project was of finding a husband for her best friend. Then again, it was definitely something different and interesting from her previous projects.

Yenny gave a brief introduction that she had arranged her list by royalty and then followed by the top chaebol families. She started off with the Japanese royal family but she knew very well he was far from Yubin’s taste and thankfully the queen also shook her head after seeing that he looked like he was almost the same age as the queen. Then next was the slide of the Thai Royal family. The royal Thai Prince was a good-looker indeed.

“He is the 2nd son of the Thai royal family. He is by the way same age as our royal princess here. His name is Prince Nichkhun. As you can see, he is quite ah..…” Yenny was searching for the right word but finally gave up and settled for the kind of words she always converse with Yubin in the past. “Cute.”

“Ohhhh.. he is cute alright.” Yubin gave Yenny a sneaky grin.

“Yes yes. I like him too.” The queen nodded. “I remember meeting the Thai royal family and they were a beautiful and gracious family. Their queen did mention to me that she was thinking of arranging her 2nd son’s marriage soon. Let’s short-list him.”

“Short-list? I like the word, Mom. So I don’t have to marry them right away, right?” Yubin asked to make sure.

“No. Like I said, you short list and meet a few, go on dates with them and then decide which one you want to be with.” The queen explained.

“Yes. Like that American reality series, the bachelorette!” Yenny added her example.

“Oh. I remember that show!” Yubin exclaimed.

“Oh please, sweetheart, just don’t go kissing and making out with them in public like that show.”

“Of course I won’t, Mom. Don’t be ridiculous.”

Next, Yenny went on to introduce a few chaebol bachelors from the top families but Yubin was starting to get bored already. The queen shortlisted about 2 more guys while Yubin just nodded in agreement though she wasn’t too interested.

“Ok, the next guy came as a surprise for me because I actually used to work in his company before and he had always given me the impression of someone who would not settle down any time soon.” Yenny continued. “Choi Siwon is the son of the chairman and owner of CM group. He is 2 years older than the princess. A handsome and well-known….ermm.. playboy. I met him a couple of times when he visited the Manhatten office. He was a charmer. Obviously very popular with the females in our office but he seemed to like to date actresses or models only. However, the interesting part is, it is said that he is engaged to his father’s best friend’s daughter so this submission of proposal seemed suspicious. Anyway, I went to investigate. So I checked with the supposed fiancé and she confirmed that it was just rumors and that they were not engaged.”

“Too complicated. Next please.” The queen prompted Yenny.

“No.. short-list this guy.” Yubin objected. Somehow, Yubin felt the need to go against her mom on this one. God, was her mom seriously going to keep picking all the boring guys for her? He looked like trouble alright but she was only short-listing and it wasn’t like she was going to head into a serious relationship with all of the candidates. Her mother looked at her and Yubin said “Mom, I’m the one marrying right? I get to choose too.”

“Fine, sweetheart. But if he breaks your heart, don’t come crying to me.”

“For a playboy to submit a proposal to the Royal family, I doubt so..” Yubin nodded as she looked at that good-looking chaebol bachelor on the screen.

-------

“We will be landing in Seoul in 30mins. Hope you had a pleasant flight with us.” The captain announced in the plane where Taecyeon sat his temples after some hours of sleep on the long flight. As he looked out the window to see the beautiful city below, he felt a sense of belonging coming back. This was the place of his birth and childhood and now he could not wait for what was to come for him career-wise. He had been working in CM group all these years in their New York office and it was only recently that he was offered the job of heading the Seoul headquarters hotel management team and to prepare them for the big business merger in Korea. Siwon told him that they needed all their top talents back in Korea to work with the new team from Choi Holdings. Of course, Taecyeon took up the offer without much thought. He missed Korea and he missed his friends who were all back in Korea.

A/N: Bet you didn't expect the Nichkhun cameo appearance, did you? Please comment!