Perfect strangers

Beautiful Stranger

 

When Taec and friends got to Lush after dinner, the place was already quite packed. Siwon got ushered to a table at the VIP area and started to order his favorite bottle of vodka for everyone to start the party mood. Taec had been to enough parties Siwon had organized and it was no surprise he was trained in the alcohol tolerance area after some time. The group had already had some rounds of wine at dinner and they didn’t wait to continue with more alcohol once they arrived at the club. While everyone was busy merrying in drinks, Taec was observing the crowd at the club more than he was drinking.

“Taec, my man. You looking for someone to get laid tonight?” Siwon suddenly came at his side and drape his arm over his shoulder. He was already flirting with some new girl at the club who was all over him(and his drinks) and wondered if Taec was feeling the need for a girl as well. They were both good looking dudes and had dated some girls at campus but they were currently single and not in any serious relationships at that moment.

Taec laughed and shook his head. “Nah, I can’t even see anyone clearly. This place is too freaking dark.”

Siwon then left Taec alone and went back to flirting with the hot new girl. It was not too long that Taec realized his buddy was drunk to the state that he needed to puke and quickly grabbed Siwon off to the restroom for him to let all out. After throwing up, Siwon seemed slightly more sober and but was still unable to walk straight and needed Taec’s guidance. They had to walk towards the dance floor to head to their vip area and Siwon almost lost his balance when there were steps leading to the dance floor. Taec turned swiftly to hold his balance and at the point, somehow, push someone accidentally on his other side. The light-bodied girl next to him nearly lost her balance too and Taec quickly moved in front of her holding her shoulders before she fell forward. He was concerned and was quick to apologize and asked if she was alright. What he didn’t expect was to see a pretty Asian girl with long shoulder-length hair and slight pouty lips, looking at him with a pair of confused eyes. He was mesmerized for a brief moment but remembered Siwon and turned to see his friend happily dancing with the hyped up crowd in the dance floor already. He looked back at the girl, hands still holding onto her shoulders.

Yubin looked at that chiseled handsome face and concerned looking eyes. It was enough for her to make out that he was Asian and had a deep voice. Is he Korean as well? She couldn’t really tell because he spoke with an American accent. Then he repeated the question and all Yubin could do was nod. She wasn’t sure why she couldn’t speak. She only kept staring at his face. It was dark and she couldn’t quite see that clearly. Then she felt a nudge at her feet. It was drunk Shortie trying to get her attention but his head was still down in between his knees. Yubin shrugged it off and the handsome stranger asked her “Is he your boyfriend?”

Yubin shook her head, assuring him. And the stranger smiled. God, he was even more handsome now with that dimpled smile. He looked into her eyes.

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. HAPPY NEW YEAR!” The crowd started to countdown but all Yubin and Taec did during that 10-second count was just staring into their eyes, and not saying a word. Soon she could feel his hands touching to her cheeks. They were so lost in their own world, feeling an intense attraction to each other, amidst people around them hugging and kissing in celebration by now.  Again, Yubin felt another leg nudge from that drunk Shortie, and on impulse she held Taec’s face. He looked surprised but their faces were so close to each other he couldn’t help but notice the perfect features of her nose, eyes and lips. He half closed his eyes, leaning closer. Then her lips touched his. He went in for a kiss, she did not reject it and he went deeper. His hands had now gone down under her arms on her back, pulling her closer. The kiss got more passionate as tongues started to tease a little. She found her hands around his neck, encouraging the kiss to continue. It was something both of them had never experience. They have had relationships before and it wasn’t like a first kiss for them. This was a chance meeting of 2 total strangers, drawn to each other by some weird first sight chemistry, not even knowing their names or talking much and to their surprise, pulled together by an unexpected new year’s kiss? It was an amazing kiss as well that both of them seemed to have no intentions to stop. It was like a dream.

Then Siwon tapped hard on Taec’s back, not realizing his friend was in a middle of a kiss and Taec broke away from the kiss, turning back and speaking in Korean to Siwon “What is it?” but Siwon was bending down like he was going to throw up again and Taec quickly turned to Yubin and said in English “Don’t go, ok? Wait for me right here. I’ll be back. I promised. I need to get my friend to safety and will be right back.”

Yubin realized he was Korean when he spoke to his friend but she couldn’t speak out and respond to him in Korean and again all she did was nod. She wondered why she was like a mute. Was the alcohol working too much on her or was she too ashamed of herself for being so attracted to a stranger at first sight and taking such a kiss dare with him? She watched the handsome stranger walked away from her and supporting his drunk friend, while still asking herself what the she just did and if it was all just a dream.

Right then, Yenny ran up to Yubin and told her they had to go, she didn’t wait for Yubin to agree and explained that Rick nearly got into a fight with someone and they better run before it got  to a full-fledge fight. Yubin found herself being dragged out of the club in a jiffy and couldn’t even have the chance to look out for that stranger.

Taec took care of Siwon again with another round of puking in the restroom before finding another friend of theirs to take Siwon back to the VIP area. He quickly went back to the same spot to look for that mysterious girl but realized she was nowhere to be found anymore. He wondered if he was dreaming but he knew it could not be as the kiss was as real as he felt and he was definitely sober enough to remember her face. 

 

A/N: So far so good? Do comment. I updated The Thin Line as well (for those who are still reading that fic).