Unexpected offer

Beautiful Stranger

 

Taecyeon rubbed his palms as he waited in the meeting room. He just signed the job contract and was asked to wait for the chairman to greet him. He soon heard footsteps and quickly stood up, ready to greet his new boss.

“Sorry to keep you waiting, oppa!” the tall slim girl greeted him and led her father, the Chairman who greeted Taecyeon with a firm handshake.

“Glad you are part of us now, Taecyeon. I have heard much about you. Welcome aboard!” The elderly but cheerful chairman greeted.

“It is my pleasure, Mr. Choi.” Taecyeon bowed in respect.

“Oppa, thanks for taking this offer.” Sooyoung thanked him sincerely.

“Well, I shall leave you 2 now since you both need to discuss more in depth about the work here. I’ll see you both again at the board meeting tomorrow. Great meeting you, Taecyeon.”

“Thank you, chairman.” Taecyeon shook his hand and bowed once again as the Chairman left.

“I hope it was not hard on you taking this offer.” Sooyoung asked. “I have nothing against Siwon and his company. As explained before in our first meeting, I did not pull you over to my company to go against him.”

“Thanks, Sooyoung. I do hope, like we agreed before, that we will work together towards the eventual merger of your company and CM group.” Taecyeon stated seriously. Days ago when Taec received an unexpected call from Sooyoung to meet up, he thought it was gonna be her ranting to him about Siwon. It turned out she was offering him a job after hearing about the fallout between him and Siwon. Taec also noticed a rather more matured Sooyoung than the one he last met when she visited the CM group office in Manhatten a year ago. He knew her through Siwon and he would sometimes see her in New York because of the close business relationship of CM group and Choi Holdings. Sooyoung did not complain about Siwon this time when she met Taec for coffee in Seoul and she was rather adamant about talking about Siwon. She was all in business mode though it was a casual chat with Taec on that job offer.

“That is what I want as well. The merger. But the merger will only happen if our fathers bury the hatchet.” Sooyoung nodded.

“Did you clear the misunderstanding to your father that there’s nothing between Siwon and Yubin and there is not going to be any royal wedding?” Taec asked because this was the rumor he heard why the merger was put on hold.

“Siwon actually met my father recently and explained to him. He apologized profusely to my father, begging him to make amends with his father. But my father was too stubborn at the moment. He’ll take time to forgive and forget. He values face too much. Even I can’t convince him that I am not mad at Siwon anymore.”Sooyoung disclosed, shaking her head.

“Are you and Siwon… like alright?” Taec was concerned.

“Did he tell you…what happen?” Sooyoung asked, wondering if Siwon told Taec about what happened between them the other night. She started avoiding Siwon after their night of passion and refused to take any of his constant calls after that. She couldn’t believe what happened between them and that she actually enjoyed it. In the end, Siwon gave up calling her and instead went to her father to beg for forgiveness. She realized she missed him and could sense a more responsible, sincere Siwon now but she still couldn’t bring herself to face him yet.

“No.. What happen, Sooyoung?”  

“It’s nothing, oppa. Forget it.” Sooyoung decided to change the subject quickly. “By the way, you really surprised me when you said you are dating the princess. Did Siwon really hit you because you stole her from him?”

“I think it’s more like he was mad at me for resigning because of Yubin. There was nothing between them for him to be that angry with me. It could also be because he knew nothing about us at all since I didn’t have the chance to tell him and it just came as a shock to him. I don’t know. Maybe I really deserve that punch from him.”

“When you told me about how you and Yubin actually met romantically long ago, I think it’s all fated. I’m sure Siwon’ll eventually understand.” Sooyoung comforted.

“You should meet her some day. Let’s do dinner together one of these days.”

“Haha. Sure. But I need to get a date first or else I’ll feel like a third wheel.”

Somehow Taec really hoped her date was Siwon and somehow Sooyoung wished that too.

-----

 Yubin jumped up in surprise when she was making dinner in Taec’s kitchen when the doorbell rang. She hoped her mother did not find out about her real whereabouts. Ever since Khun’s newly announced wedding was in the news, the queen called Yubin to move back to the palace but Yubin managed to convince her mother to give her some more time as the media was still pursuing for Yubin’s comment on Khun’s wedding. As her spokesperson, Yenny told the press that Yubin was happy for the Thai prince since she was also friends with his future wife.  But the media was still not convinced and Yubin preferred that their curiosity die down before she moved back to the palace. Also, she was really happy living with Taec and couldn’t bear to separate with him so soon.

She walked towards the intercom video and found that the person at the door was not her mother or any of her royal staff, but instead it was an unexpected guest, a mutual friend of Taec and her. She buzzed in the visitor and he was surprised to see her but he soon smiled and greeted her with a friendly hug.

“Good to see you again, Yubin.” Siwon greeted.

“You too, Siwon. I think you are expecting to see Taec but he’s still not back from work yet.” She could tell from his earlier surprised face he was not here to see her. She also hoped that things were good between them and that Siwon was not here to get into another fight with Taec again. Taec has been working at Choi Holdings for a week already and Siwon obviously must have heard of it already.

“Take a seat, Siwon. I’ll get you a drink.” She played the host well and Siwon took the seat at the kitchen counter.

Then Siwon remembered Yubin’s royalty. “Oh no, you don’t have to, your highness!”

Yubin went ahead to get a cup of green tea ready, ignoring Siwon’s remark. She placed the tea in front of him. “I thought you stopped calling me your highness already.” She said as she sipped her own tea.

“Haha. I’m sorry. Anyway, you seemed really happy, Yubin. Almost like a Mrs. Ok now.” Siwon half-teased. He liked Yubin but there was sadly no chemistry between them. He could see how serious Taec and Yubin were, especially with them playing house now.

“Not gonna be Mrs. Ok anytime soon, Siwon. By the way, how are you doing?” Yubin asked as a concerned friend.

“I’m good. Don’t worry I’m not here to pounce on your boyfriend for jumping to my ex-fiancee’s company. I’m just here to talk.” Siwon admitted.

“You sure?” Yubin looked curiously at Siwon and added jokingly. “Because I can have my royal guards here the second you start throwing punches at him again, you know.”

Siwon chuckled out loud as he could see Yubin was joking with him. He shook his head. “Just here to talk. He left a text to me anyway, asking me for a good time to talk and make amends… So here I am.” He revealed.

“Well, I do have my amends to make too since I was kind of the cause for the fight you had with him. I’m sorry, Siwon, for falling for your best friend without giving you any warning.” Yubin apologized.

“Don’t be silly. He loved you at first sight years ago. Did you know he was like a lovelorn stalker trying to call almost everyone on that club guestlist just to find you?”

“Haha.. That I didn’t know..” Yubin was happy to hear that revelation but she was mostly happy Siwon wasn't mad at them anymore. Then they heard the door clicking to open and she added “Speaking of the devil. I think he’s back.”

A/N: Sorry if this fic has not been updated on a regular basis that I think my readers might have forgotten the plot already(noted no comments at all since my last update). LOL! Anyway, I'm gonna end this fic soon as well. Enjoy the chapter for now.