The Plan

Beautiful Stranger

 

The prince and princess sat looking at each other silently for a while. Yubin was worried she offended Khun somehow but a smile soon appeared on his face. He shook his head, laughing, “You know what. I’m relieved. I’m so relieved!”  

He couldn’t stop laughing for a good minute. It got a rather confused Yubin laughing along soon enough and she added “But you know what's worse? My mom doesn’t know who I’m in love with and he’s definitely not in her list of approved husband-to-be for me!” she burst into a bigger laugh as if her 2nd revelation was funnier. Khun joined in the laughter, revealing his own challenging ‘joke’ of his life “Mine’s better! My mom knows I’m in love with my Korean teacher and she’s making sure I marry you to stop my relationship with her! Hahahaha!”

Yubin stopped laughing as she felt her defeat to Khun’s sad joke. She looked at him, not sure how to comfort him as he finally caught his breath from laughing and looked at her with a sad smile. The car ride came to a stop when they reached a famous shopping mall in Bangkok. Khun led Yubin out and along with their 10 royal guards, they were on their way to a princess shopping spree. Yubin was obviously not in the mood for shopping but she was quickly whisked away by her mother into a Prada store as soon as they met.

“Omma, are you aware that we have to confirm this marriage by the end of this trip?” Yubin had to ask her mom.

“I’m guessing the prince must have told you. I’m as surprised as well since I just found out in the car from the queen.” The queen admitted.

“What are we gonna do? This is only our first meeting!”

“Sweetheart, I understand and I told the queen that but she believes that the both of you will develop into something good by the week this vacation ends and even something better after you marry. And she’s right in a way. I like the boy. He’s handsome, a sweet gentleman. He even put in effort in learning our language, and like you, he was educated in L.A before. You both have things in common. Seriously, he is definitely better than that playboy Siwon.” Her mom remarked while trying on a pair of leather gloves.

“Seriously? You are marrying me off in a week?”

The queen cupped her daughter’s face gently and explained “Take this week of vacation to know him and keep your mind open. The Thai queen adores you to death and I am very sure you will be in good hands in the future. If you really end up despising him, which is unlikely, then I will have no choice but to reject the marriage politely. However, you do know this will definitely affect our country ties.”

Yubin stared at her mom in disbelief. She was tempted to tell her mom about Taec or that the prince was in love with someone else. However, she changed her mind as she suddenly thought of something. She didn’t want to be caught in the same situation as Khun where mothers took charge in controlling their love lives. It was time for some rebellious plan of action and Yubin knew very well who to look for as an alliance in this plan.

She found Khun at the men’s section of the store, trying on a tie. She walked towards him and offered to tie for him as she spoke quietly to him “My mom seemed to be convinced by your mom and by the end of the week, we will be expecting to set a wedding date.”

Khun sighed in despair as he watched Yubin adjusting his tie seriously. She went on “I actually did not protest…because I kinda have a plan. Do you want to hear what my plan is?”

Khun gave Yubin a curious nod. The mothers and the whole entourage was in shock, observing the sudden closeness of the couple as they watched Yubin dragged Khun by his tie into the men’s fitting room and shut the door tight.

----

When Taec finally arrived in the international airport in Bangkok, he his phone and found a new message from Yubin.

“When you arrive, please proceed to Don Muang domestic airport and wait for me there. I can’t wait to see you.”

He sent a text back to her acknowledging it. He was glad this was easier than he thought. He was wondering how Yubin was going to sneak out of a royal match-making situation to meet another man. He guessed they could be flying off to another island judging by where they were going to meet later. Damn, he could likely be arrested for kidnapping the princess but what the hell. He just couldn’t wait to hold her tight and not let her go for as long as he could.

By the time Taec got to Don Muang airport, it was past 11pm and he was a little worried for Yubin’s safety if she was alone trying to get there to meet him this late. He gave her a call and after a few rings she finally picked up, making him all relieved and happy to hear her voice.

“I’m here at Don Muang airport already. Are you on your way?” he asked anxiously.

“Don’t move. I see you. I just got here. Look behind you.” She replied.

Taec turned around immediately and saw Yubin walking swiftly towards him, wearing a cap and a loose denim shirt and tight jeans. He moved towards her, putting his phone away as she came into his embrace. They hugged tightly, with him almost lifting her light body up. Then without a word, they kissed. That familiar amazing kiss that was so dreamy 5 years ago. They were once again lost in their own world, refusing to stop kissing until they were interrupted by Khun’s “Ahem..”

Taec looked up to see a fair handsome couple smiling at them standing a few feet away. Yubin suddenly remembered she was not alone when she came down to see Taec. Letting go of her arms around his neck, she pulled him to meet her new friends.

“Sorry about that. Ermm..” She apologized, feeling rather embarrassed that she was lost in another world where no one but only she and Taec existed a while ago.

“This is Prince Nichkhun and his girlfriend, Stephanie. This is Taecyeon.” Yubin did the introductions in English. Their English interactions could have started off from the car ride on the way to the airport when Khun, Steph and Yubin found out that they all used lived in L.A.

“Sorry to interrupt you guys earlier but we have a plane to catch.” Khun smiled widely, stretching out his hand for a friendly handshake with Taec who was rather surprised of the new company but was kind of glad the good-looking prince was not another love rival.

“Oh yes. We need your passport.” Yubin informed Taec who obediently took out his passport. “We’ll be flying to Krabi now. I’ll explain while we are on the way.”

A/N: Has anyone ever start off their relationships with a vacation?