My Twin Brother

✎ Endlessly Without Limit ║ A Collection of Requested One-Shots║
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]04[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]My Twin Brother[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]

 

Just imagine that they have the same surnames, okay? lol I found these pics and I thought of this storyline.

Brothers, huh? Make that twin brothers.

Sometimes I easily get ticked off since I get a lot of comments on why I’m not like him.

You see, my brother, Sunggyu, and I are very different.

He prefers to sing while I prefer to dance my heart out.

He’s very caring while I’m sometimes rash in making decisions.

But nonetheless, what others say about us doesn’t change our thoughts about the other.

Although I sometimes get jealous, he still cares for me.

In fact, only we can understand the feelings deep within us that are keep hidden from the outside world that we live in.

No matter how grave our differences might be, my brother is the only one who fully understands my feelings.

But even if he does understand who I really am, brothers, not even twins, can understand everything about the other, right?

That’s what happened when we confronted each other about something, more like someone, wherein we had conflictive ideas and opinions.

That one single event proved to endanger our special relationship with the other as we formed this other bond with another person who was from the outside world.

It was, as I have come to realize, a bond called… love.

 

My twin brother is my other self.

Other people, even our relatives, see us different individuals.

Some of them even gave the atmosphere that they don’t like the other twin.

They never gave us the chance to prove ourselves for who we really are.

That’s why Hoya and I have always been there for each other.

We’re connected through this invisible bond, never separated even for a second.

He was someone whom I could rely on, someone brave enough to stand up for himself and for me.

We were always together. From the moment we were born, to the first time we began to walk, and even when we had our first day of school.

The only point in our lives where we had conflicting emotions was when we experienced our first love.

That’s because, no matter how much I tried to avoid it, both of us came to love one single girl, our one and only childhood friend, Lee Anna.

 

[Flashback: 5 years ago, senior year in High school]

“Yah! Howon! That’s not fair!” Sunggyu screamed as Hoya pushed him to get first place.

Hoya was the competitive twin. He always wanted to win in everything, even if he doesn’t get anything in return.

“But hyung! You’re so slow! You run like a grandpa!” He turned around and replied, laughing.

“And the winner is… Hoya!” Anna declared as Hoya reached the finish line, while Sunggyu was a few feet behind him.

Both of them panted as they finished the race. Hoya grabbed his towel to wipe off his sweat while Sunggyu sat down and drank his cold bottle of water.

“Yah! Hoya-ah, I am not a grandpa.” Sunggyu nagged.

“I’m going to by a drink in the vending machine over there. I’ll be back.”

“Hey! Don’t ignore me!” Sunggyu waved his bottle childishly.

Anna patted Sunggyu’s back and sat down next to him.

“Don’t be like that, grandpa Gyu. You’ll get a lot of wrinkles if you keep on getting angry.”

“Yah!”

There was then an awkward silence between the two friends. Sunggyu gathered up the courage and began to speak

“Anna, you’re leaving after graduation, right?” She nodded.

“There’s something that I have always wanted to tell you.” After a few seconds, Sunggyu confessed. “I love you. But,” He sighed as if the next few words would bring him regret. “Howon loves you more than I do and I treasure him more than anything in the world so please, accept him. Although he’s childish, he’s a good

Please log in to read the full chapter