Much Needed Break

✎ Endlessly Without Limit ║ A Collection of Requested One-Shots║
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]22[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Much Needed Break[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Requested by: Charlot1081

Story Title: Author's choice [Much Needed Break]

Genre: romance, fluff

Plot: Would you do a fluffy romance with Jeonghan treating Charlotte to some Boston creme pie? :D That would be so cute to read~~

Main Characters: Yoon Jeonghan (Seventeen), Charlotte (OC)

Pairing: Jeonghan x Charlotte (OC)

Keywords: N/A

Additional Requests: N/A

 

“Ugh,” Charlotte threw another crumpled piece of paper behind her. She has been working on a new project for some time now and with the other crumpled papers strewn across the floor, it wouldn’t take someone a second to notice that she has been having some trouble.

Charlotte didn’t have a clear path in mind when it came to life outside of high school. Her interests mainly consisted of those in the arts and creative writing ever since she was a child. This eventually led to her dream of becoming both a journalist and a graphic designer, a dream that fortunately came true for her. 

“Writers have it easy, they said.” She mumbled in a mocked tone. “You can even work from home.” A sigh escaped her lips. “Easy for them to say. They always push all the projects to me so now I’m out of ideas.”

Just as she was about to grab her second cup of coffee, the phone on her desk happily alerted her of a call. She recognized the jingle and unconsciously let out a breath before picking up - a habit that she was unaware of doing whenever one particular male called her.

“Hello?” 

“Hey, Charlotte. It’s been a while,” the male on the other line chuckled. “How have you been doing?”

“Hi, Jeonghan. Still the usual.”

“Judging by the tired tone, how many drafts are you in?”

“About twenty by now. Anyway, how's China?”

“It's been great so far. Learned new techniques and recipes.”

“For someone who doesn't like sweets, you sure are committed to making them.” Charlotte snickered.

Jeonghan was her college classmate and a patisserie. He recently had the opportunity to study for a few months in China and from all of his Instagram posts, he seemed to be doing well. Charlotte has even openly expressed her envy upon seeing his creations since she was a sweet tooth who loved cakes and pastries.

“Hey, I may not like to eat them much but I have a talent in making them. It's an art form too.”

“You should have gone straight to taking baking lessons instead of doing graphic designing.” Charlotte then remembered the empty coffee cup she was holding so she started to walk towards the kitchen.

“No one truly knows where they belong until they've explored other possibilities,” Jeonghan began to explain.

Charlotte refilled her coffee with a smirk. “Spare me the speech, mother. So, what's up? Pretty sure you didn't call just to remind me of your philosophy quotes.”

“Are you free next week? I’ll be home by then.”

“Aside from the big presentation on Thursday, I’ll be free after that.”

“Let’s meet on Friday then,” Jeonghan nodded on the other line and smiled. “My apartment at three in the afternoon?” 

“Sounds like a plan,” her voice mimicked the excitement etched on her face. “See you then!” 

Once the two friends got off the phone, Charlotte immediately went to her desk calendar with her coffee in hand and circled the date. As the hype died down a little, her worries from earlier resurfaced. However, after speaking with Jeonghan, she found a new idea for her project for Baker’s Haven magazine. 

 

══════

 

Friday couldn’t have come by in such an agonizing way. The week has been dreadful for Charlotte with all the preparations and research she needed for her project. The only light at the end of her long tunnel was finally seeing her best friend after who knows how long. Jeonghan contacted her only once after that and that was when he was boarding his flight back home. 

“See you in a few hours,” he calmly voiced, an air of drowsiness creeping over him. 

“You sound tired,” Charlotte replied. Even though she was too, she didn’t want to worry him. “Get some sleep on the plane. I’d rather have a talk and catch up rather than sleep with you for the day.”

Please log in to read the full chapter