Surprise

✎ Endlessly Without Limit ║ A Collection of Requested One-Shots║
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]19[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Surprise[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Requested by: ParkJimins_TinyWifey 

Story Title: Author's Choice [Surprise]

Genre: romance, fluff, cute

Plot: Okay um well this might be CHEASY but I love collecting dolls and I'm wondering if I can be with Jonghyun oppa in this and he wants to have a special BDAY for me and he takes me to the American girl place (knowing I have a huge collection) we eat there at th diner, and I was thinking that he purposes to me? And maybe we've been together for 2 and a half years and maybe we stayed at a hotel and u can write a bunch of fluffy parts during our stay there? I got some ideas to make it dramatic tho too but I dunno if u don't mind writing -ish stuff or very violent keke so yeah I hope u like my idea!!!! :)

Main Characters: Laura Lu (OC), Kim Jonghyun (SHINee), rest of SHINee

Pairing: Laura x Jonghyun

Keywords: N/A

Additional Requests: And maybe jonghyun talked with the owner cause he wanted to make a special day do he thought its be funny that during the dinner, when the people bring me gifts cause they give the birthday girl gifts that one of them is a ring and then I look at JJong and hes kneeling? Lol and can everyone be watching us? LOL

 

It was already late in the afternoon when the five men were able to get back into the hotel.

“Ah, I’m beat.”

Taemin plopped on the couch the moment they got home while the others went to separate areas of the hotel. Onew sat in front of him, smiling as he looked through his phone. Minho went to take a shower while Key rummaged in the kitchen to find something to eat.

Just then, Jonghyun came back from his room and fixed the buttons on his dress shirt. He was wearing a light pink colored dress shirt with the first two buttons loose and was tucked in his black jeans.

“Seems like someone’s not tired from the schedule,” Taemin sighed. “We’ve been busy since the day we landed in New York but this hyung is as excited as ever.”

“It’s not just me though,” Jonghyun smiled at the maknae then looked at Onew. “Hyung, are you ready?”

Onew smiled once again and stood up to grab his coat. “Let’s go.”

“Wait, wait, wait. Where are you two going?”

“Leave them be, Taemin.” Key smirked. “Both of them are going on a date.”

“What? I never knew you two hyungs were like that. Did I miss something?”

Minho came from his room with a towel around his neck. “They have girlfriends here, you idiot. Why do you think they’ve been smiling since we got here?”

“How come I never knew about this?”

“Because knowing you, you would have tried to steal our girlfriends,” Jonghyun retorted as he put on his shoes.

Taemin’s ears perked up. “Let me see a picture!”

“We’ll be back in a few hours! Behave, kids.” Onew reminded before closing the door.

“Wait! Let me see a picture!”

 

Once they got out of the hotel, Jonghyun and Onew parted ways. Jonghyun took out a piece of paper, looked around for a bit, and then started heading to the location written on the sheet. After a few minutes of walking, he stopped by an intersection and looked up to scan the pink building in front of him.

“Well, this has to be it.” He glanced at his watch and grinned. “I better get this done quickly then. It’s almost time.”

The moment he went in the building, he immediately looked for the manager and let the manager in on his plan for that night. The manager was more than glad to be able to help out and gave everyone in the store some directions on what to do. Once everything was carefully set up, Jonghyun turned around and left the building.

“Ah, I forgot.” He hurriedly went back in, called the manager, and took out an item in his pocket. He whispered to the manager a few things, to which he gladly obliged, then waved. “I’ll see you back in a bit then.”

 

══════

 

“Mom, can I ask you to do my hair, please?” Laura peeked out from her bedroom door.

At the request, her mother stopped what she was doing and went up to her daughter’s bedroom. “Sure, dear.” Looking at all the different hair and makeup items displayed, she eyed what she needed and started. “You’re quite excited, aren’t you?”

“Who wouldn’t be when they’re meeting their boyfriend?” Laura giggled.

“Didn’t you guys meet earlier this morning at the fan-signing event though?”

“Yeah, then he slipped a piece of paper in my album telling me to get ready for tonight.”

“Ah, it’s nice to be young, doesn’t it?”

As if cued on time, the doorbell rang. Laura’s father bellowed from downstairs that he would be the one to answer the door so the two women went back to what they were doing.

“Good evening, Mr. Lu!” Jonghyun beamed with the greeting after a bow.

“Jonghyun! It’s been a while.” Mr. Lu gave the young man a hug and motioned inside. “Come in, come in.”

“Thank you!”

While waiting for the women upstairs, the two men had a talk in the living room. They talked about how the past year went as it has been a year since they last met. From SHINee’s activities to self-composing, Jonghyun let it all out. After a few shared laughs, Jonghyun shared a piece of information that made his face become unreadable.

“Then, are you saying that–” Mr. Lu was interrupted by the sound of clanging from the stairwell.

Laura gave a smile at the two

Please log in to read the full chapter