Promise

✎ Endlessly Without Limit ║ A Collection of Requested One-Shots║
Please log in to read the full chapter

[CONTENTID1]15[/CONTENTID1]

[CONTENTID2]Promise[/CONTENTID2]

[CONTENTID3]Requested by: aipanda

Story Title: Author's choice [Promise]

Genre: Author's choice [angst, slice of life]

Plot: it's actually based on my dream..it's begin like this..ai and sungyeol is in a relationship where they always fought like cat and dog..but they have a good relationship with each other..ai got a terrible past where she can't believe in anyone anymore because of that..and in her whole life she has been used by other people for they own good and eventually forget her when they got what they want from her..but then Sungyeol come to her life change her life 360 degree..and she never though that she could find someone like him in her life because she already given up in her life.. he make her feel for the first time she is not being used.. but then one day when their relationship is getting better and she was ready to say that she loved him he just disappear...but then he appear after a while and when she said she wanted to say something to him, he ran away from her..she catches him but then he said he loved her and we can't be together..and then he was gone leaving Ai shocked.. and then that the end of my dream I woke up crying my eyes out..I don't know maybe just overwhelm by the emotion..It feel real..I don't get the ending of it and it's been in my head I just wanted the ending of it..I would glad if any of author-nim could write it for me..

Main Characters: Ai (OC), Lee Sungyeol, Kim Myungsoo (Infinite) [Hanna (OC)]

Pairing: Ai (OC) and Sungyeol

Keywords: slice of life

Additional Requests: N/A

 

“Sungyeol,” Ai called out to her friend who was sitting on the couch, looking uninterested.

Sungyeol didn’t answer as his face was emotionless. A few seconds later, he saw his friend’s figure get into view, standing in front of him with a spatula in hand and an apron neatly tied around her body.

“Yah, Lee Sungyeol,” she called out again. This time, she bent down and began nudging his arm to get his attention.

Sungyeol stood up and showed irritation on his face. He placed his hands in his pockets and walked towards the door, not even looking at the girl in front of him.

This made Ai feel insecure. She felt her mind going back to her past – towards the time when people left her after getting what they wanted from her. The time wherein she thought that everything was over for her; back to the time when she closed herself up and began to lose her trust in people.

She thought that past was over.

 

[Flashback]

“Here you go! This is the necklace that you wanted, right?” Ai beamed as she stretched out her hand to give a box towards the girl in front of her. “Ah, I really saved up a lot on this to be honest, but I hope you like it! Happy Birthday, Hanna!”

“Wow! It’s so pretty! Thank you so much!” Hanna smiled. She gave Ai a hug and the two parted ways to head to their next class. “See you later, Ai. And thanks again!”

“No problem!”

 

Ai was about to head back home when she heard squeals of delight around the corner. She noticed that one of the voiced belonged to Hanna and the two other girls from her class.

“Wow, she really went and got that for you? Amazing!” One of the girls exclaimed.

“Yeah! When she heard that I liked the necklace, she promised me that she’d get it for me,” Hanna replied.

“But that’s so expensive though! There must be something that you can give her in return?” Another girl asked, sounding a bit saddened.

“Why?” Hanna shot back with a smirk. “It’s a birthday gift and she was the one who offered to buy it for me. I didn’t ask her to.”

“You went overboard this time, Hanna,” the previous girl stated. “You know, you shouldn’t-”

“Like I said,” Hanna gave her a glare, “I didn’t tell her to waste all that money for me. Plus, it’s not like I’ll need her again anyway.”

As Hanna struts towards the door, the two girls who were left behind whispered and exchanged glances on her retreating back. Both of them felt sorry for how Hanna treated Ai. However, they didn’t know that the person whom they were talking about was already crying and stifling her sobs in the other corner.

 

Since that incident, Ai grew silent. Her classmates saw a change from her bubbly personality to someone who was distant just after one day. Most of them already knew of the situation and even tried to console Ai, but the girl just refused to open up to people.

“…hey, I said.”

The girl looked up to see a tall irritated-looking boy. She remembered that the boy just transferred a few days ago, going by the name of Sungyeol, she believed. All that didn’t really matter to her, so she shrugged it off. She noticed the boy pointing to something on her desk and Ai noticed that he was pointing to her notebook.

“What?” she coldly asked.

Sungyeol rubbed the back of his neck and sheepishly replied, “Ehem, I slept again last class, so I wasn’t able to take notes. I heard that you take the best notes around here, so can I borrow them?”

“Borrow?”

“Yeah, I promise to return it later.”

“Promise…” Ai whispered. “He’s another one of them, huh? He’ll just use me like the other-”

“H-Hey,” Sungyeol looked at her with nervousness as

Please log in to read the full chapter