Punch 14

I Love You, Yankee-kun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

*Yamada Rio’s POV*

 

“Ehheem! Let’s eat!” I chuckled nervously after feeling an unusual awkward atmosphere lingering around the dining table. I can somehow see the dark aura my brother was emitting whilst shooting a thousand knives using just his stares. Quickly, I passed a plate full of an unidentifiable dish (right, I can’t cook!) right in front of my brother’s face just to save Yama-chan from these staggering looks.

 

“The way your brother looks at Yama-chan… It can kill” I heard Fai-chan whisper to my ear which made me bite my lower lip, hoping for the ground to just swallow me whole.

 

I then beamed an alarming glare and reminded him about Fai-chan’s presence. It seems like he understood my signal because as soon as he looked at the silent girl sitting next to him, his face became calm and somehow blushed in the process.

 

Thinking that the evening couldn’t get any worse, I heard the doorbell ringing which was enough to pull myself towards our door. Who could this be? We weren’t expecting anyone else joining us. Having Fai-chan and Yama-chan here as guests is already a handful.

 

I twisted the door open only to see a familiar man standing with a bouquet of flowers on his right hand. Both my eyebrows met at the middle, trying to figure out what was happening… “N-Nakajima-kun? Wh-What are you doing he-?” before I even finish my sentence, Yuya nii-chan suddenly jumped in excitement as if expecting this whole thing.

 

“Ah! Yuto-kun! You’re here! Are these for Rio? Wah! So pretty!” my brother said insensitively. I looked at Ryosuke who seems to be facing his own torture right in front of his eyes. This is getting really BAD – SO BAD!

 

“What are you doing here?” Ryosuke uttered.

 

“Rio-chan invited me…” Yuto lied with a smile. I then saw him looking at my brother as if asking for some support. Let me get this straight… I didn’t invite anyone! I know this was all planned by Yuya. I was about to deny everything when my evil brother intervene once again.

 

“Since you’re here already, why don’t you join us for dinner?”

 

--

 

“Blueughh! Too salty!” I heard my brother complain. Yes. Yes. I know. I can’t cook. Almost all dishes prepared on the table were half cooked by my brother and half ruined by me. I frowned at his statement and pouted at my place. However, it wasn’t long when I saw Yama-chan eating everything on his plate like it was the most delicious dish he had ever tasted. I swear to God, he’ll have a stomach ache after eating the food I cooked.

 

“What are you talking about? This is great!” he tried to speak with his mouth half full. An immediate smile formed on my face by his compliment. On the other hand, as I turned my head, I saw Yuto-kun also pretended to enjoy the food. He smiled at me after taking another mouthful.

 

“Rio-chan, I’ll take you to my favourite restaurant sometime” Yuto-kun remarked… “I heard from Takaki-kun that you like Chinese food”

 

“Maa~ it’s obvious Rio likes homemade food…” Ryosuke intervened proudly… “Like the one I made for her yesterday”

 

“Well, it’s sometimes good to treat a lady… not always cheap homemade dishes” Yuto-kun replied. I can feel the heat of this conversation right underneath my armpit. Even though I’m considered dense sometimes, this IS definitely gonna turn into an argument – a very heated one to be exact. By this time, I knew I had to do something. I can see Ryo-chan already giving his rival deathly looks which made me quite alert. I know how he fights. The only one who can counter his violent nature is my idiotic brother who seems to be enjoying this scene.

 

Without even thinking, I stood up and made all eyes look to my direction; including my beloved evil brother who I hate right now.

 

“Fai-chan… Please take care of Yama-chan for me” I started… “I need to talk to Nakajima-kun alone…”I then forced myself towards the taller boy’s figure and pulled his hand towards the door, leaving the remaining 3 people speechless.

 

---

 

 

“Maa~ I guess it’s now clear who she likes, huh?” Yuya smiled in victory before feeling Fai’s grip on his ear… “Itai itai itai!” Fai made the older boy face Ryosuke who seems to be holding his tears. He saw Yamada just staring at the door where Rio and Yuto’s figures disappeared into with saddened eyes. Instead of hate, it was the first time he felt sympathy for the boy.

 

Ryosuke, on the other hand, took a moment to process what he just saw. He felt his own chest rebelling and something inside of him just wants to burst out. All he wants right now is to punch someone and beat the hell out of them – like a real yankee.

 

“Thanks for the meal, Takaki-san” he whispered under his breath before grabbing his jacket and headed towards the door.

“Where are you going Yama-chan?” Fai shouted before his figure faded without giving an answer.

 

-

 

“YOU!!!!!!!!” Fai forcefully whacked Yuya like a mother punishing her child… “I don’t know what just happened but I can’t forgive you for hurting Ryo-chan!!” she then pulled Yuya’s ear once again and made him confess.

 

“Do you know how selfish you are?! Because of your stupid plans, everyone’s hurt… EVEN YOUR SISTER!” Yuya heard Fai’s faint voice lingering inside his ear drums. By this time, guilt started eating him up which made him realise what he did wrong. He just couldn’t forget the saddened face of Ryosuke blankly staring at Rio.

 

“I need to set things right…” he whispered to himself… “Will you help me?” Yuya grabbed Fai’s arm as if begging for something.

 

“Huh? And how are you supposed to do that?”

 

“I… don’t… know…” he replied with a depressed face.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter