Punch 12

I Love You, Yankee-kun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

“I’ll wait for you tomorrow, Dai-chan~”

 

-

 

Daiki pulled off a quick gulp on his behalf before pressing the Kitagawa residence's door bell. The sound of Amu’s voice tingled in his ear drums which is enough to make cold sweat run down from his body. He didn’t even realise his own finger trembling before hearing the sound of faint footsteps on the opposite side of the door making its way towards him.

 

“Dai-chan… You’re late!!” he suddenly heard the door clicking open, revealing a very familiar figure in front of him. Within a flash, all his nervousness faded as the sight of her smile just made himself relaxed… “I thought you got lost… Come in!” Amu continued and pulled Daiki inside the house.

 

It’s not long when he saw a perfectly designed interior inside – with posh looking pictures and furniture, you can’t help but to accept the fact that Amu Kitagawa is indeed rich up to a point that she visits Japan every so often just to relieve her stressful life in America.

 

“Sugoiii~” he whispered to himself and just noticed Amu’s hand still holding his. That’s right!! He’s here for a reason. He’s here to be Amu’s “fake boyfriend”!

 

--

 

“So he’s Arioka-kun?” another set of vocal disturbed Daiki’s thoughts as a good looking tall man appeared out of nowhere. This man looked at Daiki with a peculiar stare and scanned his physique up and down as if inspecting him.

 

“Hai~ Yabu nii-chan… This is Dai-chan… My boyfriend!” Amu gestured her hand towards Daiki and gave him a little nudge as a hint of a ‘play-along’ signal. Daiki just didn’t have a choice but to nod and smile awkwardly, not knowing what to expect from this tall guy. The next thing he saw was Yabu extending his arm towards his and took it for a handshake.

 

“So…….. Arioka Daiki. One of the Yankees in your current school? Am I right?” Yabu senselessly said which is enough to make Daiki look up to him with crossed brows amidst his face. Amu on the other hand didn’t miss the tension after this statement and just pulled Daiki closer to her.

 

“Hai~ I’m one of the Yankees of Shinjuku… and I assure you, Amu-chan is in good hands…” Daiki answered proudly as if all his nervousness drained out after being challenged by the older one.

 

 “Maa~ it’s still early for dinner. Amu-chan, why don’t you check on the desert while I talk with Arioka-kun ne?” Yabu smiled, and tried to alter the situation but despite his friendliness, Daiki couldn’t help but to feel chills on his spine. Out of impulse, he suddenly felt himself pulling Amu’s sleeve and thought of an excuse to delay his ‘alone’ time with his ‘fake girlfriend’s’ cousin.

 

“Anou~ Amu-chan… Can I just quickly use the toilet?” he said before seeing Amu nod and led him on the way.

 

--

 

 

“Here…” Amu smiled and pointed her finger to the door on her right. Daiki then smiled back and held the door knob but a quick slight pull was felt from his left sleeve… “Anou… Gomen ne Dai-chan~ Sorry for having you involved in this situation… It’s just that, I don’t want to go back to America. I like being here with everyone… with you…”

 

By this, Daiki couldn’t help a smile automatically plastering across his face… “It’s okay Amu-chan. I like you being here too…” he suddenly said and just realised his straightforward statement… “Uhmm~ I mean… WE like you being here. Yes. WE!!” he explained himself while scratching the back of his head.

 

Amu just noticed the cute boy opposite him that gave her the urge to kiss his left cheek as a sign of his gratefulness… “I’ll wait for you downstairs…”

 

--

 

*15 minutes later*

 

Daiki found himself frantically looking a way out of this maze. To be exact, trying to find the way back to Amu (in other words: HE’S LOST). It’s indeed easy to get lost in the ‘mansion’ he’s in right now but the thought of shouting for Amu’s help is indeed uncool! He just tried his best to look for clues on where Amu and Yabu were but his sense of direction is failing him at the moment.

 

However, the sight of a familiar door was seen which was enough to make him open the said door. To his surprise, he saw a cute looking room with lots of girly stuff inside it. Starting with hello kitty and somehow a taste of being in France was seen as this room was filled of pictures of the ‘Eiffel tower’. The bed is covered with fluffy cute pillows along with a full length mirror and a massive number of stuffed toys.

 

Daiki found himself scanning the room and admiring its design with the thought of Amu lingering inside his mind.

 

Suddenly…

 

“Mou~ Dai-chan!! There you are!!” Amu came from behind and tapped his shoulder… “What are you doing in my room?? Hazukashi na…”

 

“So, this is your room ne? Yappari…” he chuckled as his guess was indeed right. The smell lingering inside the room just supported his idea that it was indeed Amu’s. He then saw a cute little penguin stuffed toy near her bed and picked it up as he saw a name tag attached to it saying ‘Daiki’.

 

“You named your stuffed toy ‘Daiki’?” he asked as he raises an eyebrow at her. Amu was then quick enough to grab her toy back and just hugged it like a little kid…

 

“Why not? This penguin toy looks like you, deshou?” she grinned and held up the toy near Daiki’s face.

 

“That’s SO NOT ME! I’m cuter than that!”

 

“No way! I reckon your future generation will look like this…” Amu teased and shook the penguin stuffed toy mockingly. It’s not long when Daiki attempted to take the toy from her grip and counter her teasing.

 

He pinched her left cheek to make her let go of the doll but Amu struggled and tried her best to free from his capture. Daiki laughed at their state before seeing Amu losing her balance, walking backwards and tripped over a piece of furniture near her desk.

 

Daiki tried his best to pull Amu b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter