Punch 10

I Love You, Yankee-kun
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Rio took a deep breath before clicking their front door open. She successfully went out of the house and made her way outside their gate with doubtful look on her face. She yawned before noticing a sudden figure waiting for her near the light post at their metal gate which made her eyes widen in disbelief.

 

“Ohayo~” the man said with a wide smile, carrying a single rose flower on his right hand.

 

“Nakajima-kun?” Rio confirmed then walked slowly towards the taller guy… “What are you doing here?”

 

“I’m here to pick you up… It’s bad for a girl to walk anywhere alone…” Rio’s brows met at the centre as this man actually sounded like Yuya – her own big brother. Whatever Yuto is doing, Rio knows that it’s all because of her brother.

 

“But I’m just going to school…”

 

“Even so princess…”

 

Rio was about to decline the offer when another familiar individual surprised Rio. But this time, Rio can’t help but to bite her lower lip as she can imagine the scene getting out of hand.

 

“Rio-chan~ Ohayoooo…” Ryosuke’s smile grew wider but soon faded when he saw another man near HIS Rio with a flower on his hand.

 

“Ah~ Ryo-chan… Ohayo…” Rio chuckled nervously and tried to think of an idea on how to end the awkwardness that soon followed.

 

“Anata… dare?” Ryosuke shifted his vision to Yuto’s direction which was enough to make Rio more nervous than ever.

 

“Ryo-chan, this is Nakajima-kun… Nakajima-kun, this is Ryosuke-kun…” Rio said as quickly as she can and felt the urge to pull Ryosuke out of sight. Besides, he’s the one she wants to go to school with. She has no idea what Yuto is like despite the fact that her brother picked him as her “future boyfriend”.

 

However, to her dismay, Ryosuke extended his hand towards Yuto and faked a smile... “Yo! Yamada desu…”

 

“Nakajima desu~” Yuto shifted the flower on his left hand and shook Yamada’s hand in the process…

 

“Rio-chan’s future boyfriend…” they said in perfect sync. YES! They said it at the same time.

 

Both boys looked at each other with peculiar faces while both of their eyes twitched agressively. Rio just looked at the two boys basically GLARING at one another as a big gulp escaped from . She can now see imaginary electrical current flowing through their eyes like in Animes. OTAKU ALERT!!!

 

“Anou~ Nakajima-kun… L-Let’s go. I need to talk to you…” Rio quickly grabbed Yuto’s hand and led him away from Ryosuke. She rapidly walked while holding his hand with an attempt to save herself from all the tension.

 

--

 

Ryosuke looked at their fading figure as his eyes were locked at their linked hands. He felt a sudden painful feeling on his chest that made his own fist forming into a ball… “She chose him?” he whispered to himself and fought the urge to break.

 

--

 

“Okay~ what did my brother give you?” Rio cornered Yuto on the side and questioned his weird actions.

 

“He didn’t give me anything… I just said I like you…”

 

“B-But… I don’t even know you. I saw you a few times but that’s not really “knowing” someone, right?” Rio scratched the back of her head and tried to make Yuto spill all the things he’s hiding. 

 

“That’s why I’m giving you time to get to know me…” Yuto beamed a smile and handed Rio the flower he was holding. He then took a step towards Rio and leaned near her ear… “You say you don’t know me but it’s been awhile and you’re still holding my hand…” he continued with a grin that made Rio blush and drop his hand immediately.

 

“Baka! I – I … like someone else…” she abruptly said. She was expecting Yuto to give off a sad face but instead, Yuto just chuckled.

 

“I know that… But I know I can change what you feel...” Yuto patted her head and continued to smile fully at her… “You’re cute acting like this…”

 

---

 

*Lunch Break*

 

Rio helped Kim carry all the things she bought for their own table. It’s always been like this, you see… Every break time, all the people in their group gather together especially after Yamada and Rio met.

 

Rio took the chance to scan the place to look for one particular person she wanted to see the most. A smile grew immediately on her face when her eyes landed on Ryosuke’s complexion who seems to be sulking in the corner.

 

Ryosuke looked up and met Rio’s gaze but then, he immediately shifted his eyes away – as if ignoring the girl. By this, Rio’s smile faded as the thought of Ryosuke getting mad at her goes to her mind constantly. She then sat down opposite Amu and pouted whilst sipping her strawberry shake.

 

The two girls emitted some kind of a dark aura on the edge of the table which is not gone unnoticed by the rest of the group. For some unfortunate reason, Amu is also busy sulking and had her head heavily laden on the surface of the table which is enough to make Daiki worried.

 

“What the heck is wrong with you guys?” Kim said as she looked alternatively towards Rio and Amu… “Did someone die or something?”

 

Rio’s gaze was suddenly diverted to Ryosuke’s direction and just sighed heavi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter