Chapter Eleven

A Month to Success

Jonghyun's POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Jjong, we're done!"  Key sang and piled shopping bags into the car.  Thank goodness I made it in time.  I had just come back from the gym and I was leaning against the car enjoying the breeze.  Don't blame me, having a hot body takes some effort.

"What is all this?"  I stared at the mountain of white and pearlescent blue shopping bags in the back of the car.

"What do you think?  Did I do okay?"  Key twirled Hyo-Eun in front of me.

I stared at the result.  The girl in front of me was nothing like the girl I saw hours ago.  The girl hours ago had horrid, frizzy hair and baggy clothes.  This girl in front of me had long, flowing, blonde hair.  She was wearing a loose fitting sweater dress, translucent tights, and flats, oddly.  Key never picks flats.  Ever.

It was peculiar enough that he gave her flats, but it shocked me that he picked a casual outfit for her.  He always goes all out and picks fancy dresses.

But regardless, I was shocked.  Now, you and I are going to take my next few words to the grave...  

 

she looked beautiful.  

 

Then I realized I was staring at her with my mouth wide open, and I hastily looked away.

"Can we just go?"  She looked down at her feet and played with her hair.

"You guys go ahead, I have to talk to my auntie about my designs for my new SHINee World collection."  Key gave me a wink and left the two of us alone.

"Get in, I'll give you a ride home."  I muttered.  I looked up, but again I quickly looked away.  I couldn't meet her eyes for some reason.

I backed the car out of the parking lot, and asked her for her address.

It was a silent ride for the most part.

My phone vibrated, and I glanced at the bright screen.

"You better help her with the bags, or else I'm telling your sister you stole her insoles.

Love, Key. ♥"

This little...  I tossed my phone back, and the luminous screen shone alone in the dark.

...

"It's the brick house."  She finally said as we pulled up into a subdivision.

I glimpsed at the house through the window, and saw an exquisite, impressive house standing on an even lawn.  She must be pretty well off.  The house was extremely spacious, but it was dark and empty.  No cars in the driveway, no lights on (inside nor out), and no one seemed to be inside.

"Are your parents away?"  I asked out of curiosity.

"I guess you can say that?"  She shrugged and reached for the bags.

I guess?  Is she not close with her parents?

"I'll help you."  I took the rest of the bags and followed her up the stone path to the front door.

"Are you okay?"  She stared at me.

"Key told me to help you.  Don't get any weird thoughts."  I warned.

She nodded and opened the heavy, polished double doors and walked in.  I followed her inside and when she switched on the lights, I took a better look around the inside.  She really must be wealthy, as her house is almost as large as mine, and her furniture screamed "EXPENSIVE".  But something about her home felt different, off.  It was too empty, practically lonely.  Though my parents were always away due to business reasons, it wasn't nearly as hostile.

"You can go now."  Her voice cut off my thoughts.  Right, I was only here because Key blackmailed me.

"See you tomorrow, girlfriend."  I put on a scornful face and purposely bumped into her as I left her house.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo-Eun's POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When am I ever going to organize these clothes?  I groaned and plopped onto my bed when I had gotten all the bags upstairs.  I don't think my bed has ever been this welcoming.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I fell asleep as soon as I had jumped on my bed, and I woke up with 30 minutes left until school started.

I muttered complaints under my breath and checked my phone for Key's "style guide text".  Sure enough, it was there.

 

"Good morning, Hyo-Hyo~

So today, I want you to wear grey skinny jeans, a white graphic t-shirt, and a navy cardigan.  If you can, wear the black leather wedges, but if not, just wear the black and white high-tops!  And practice walking in heels, okay?

Love, Key. ♥"

 

Oh my goodness.  Hyo-Hyo?  And how am I supposed to find all these clothes?

I frantically dug around for the clothes, but failed to find the cardigan.

"We'll have to do without the cardigan," I said, and rushed out of the house with my bag and phone.  I barely brushed my teeth and washed my face today.

My phone rang, and I looked at the message from Taemin.

 

"Do you want to walk to school with us?

-Taemin"

 

I was about to reply, but I saw an unfamiliar car, a black Mercedes SLR, in my driveway.

"Who could that be?"  I tucked my phone away and made my way towards the very dark, tinted glass windows with caution.

"Get in."  It was Jonghyun who was in the car, and Jonghyun who opened the passenger seat for me.

"What are you doing?"  I asked.

"Being your boyfriend."  He locked the door again when I closed the door after me.

"Did you eat breakfast?"  He asked.

"No..."

"Then let's go eat."  He said without bothering to look at me.

"We're going to be late, and I'm not --"

"I'm hungry."  He cut my words off and drove to a nearby cafe.

He's so rude...  but I guess he's being nice, taking me to school and breakfast.

"I'm only being nice because Key threatened me."  He held the cafe door open and responded as if he had read my mind.  "What do you want to eat?"

"A cupcake."

"This early?"  He raised an eyebrow.

"You asked."

"I'll have two cupcakes and 2 ice lattes."

"I thought you didn't approve of sweets in the morning."  I asked.

"I never said that."  He rudely stuck out a gold credit card at the male barista.

"Is that your girlfriend?"  The barista swiped the card and gave held it out to Jonghyun.

"N-Yes, she's my girl."  He smirked and wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Stop!"  I jumped, surprised, and slapped his arm away.  I was caught off guard, and honestly, I was even more surprised because no guy had ever done that.  I've never had a boyfriend, and I was so inexperienced with all the skinship and stuff.

"Aw, babe don't be like that."  He rubbed my arm but stopped when I gave him a look.

"She's very pretty."  The barista handed the bag and lattes to Jonghyun and winked at me.

I returned his wink with an apathetic smile.

"My name's JaeJoong, by the way!"  He called as I turned my back on him.

I saw Jonghyun out the door already, leaning against his sports car.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Thankfully, with Jonghyun's speeding, we weren't too late.

I nearly ran to class as soon as Jonghyun parked his car, but he caught my hand before I could enter the classroom.

"What are you doing now?"  I looked up at him.

"We're going to make an entrance."

"It's an entrance enough with my hair."  I rolled my eyes.

"Still."  He said stubbornly and wrapped his arms around my waist.  I was stupefied, and I couldn't escape his grasp.

"Ah, do we have a new kid?  Are you from America?  You're late!"  The teacher looked up from his lecture and glanced at my blonde hair.  Why did I let Kim Jonghyun drag me into the front of the room.

"I'm Park Hyo-Eun, Mr. Yoon.  I'm not new, and I'm not from America."  I sighed.  Jonghyun had already taken his seat, and the seat next to him was empty.  Was Key absent?

"Hyo-Eun ah!  Over here!"  Key waved me over from the seat behind the empty seat.

"Come sit next to me, girlfriend."  Jonghyun smirked at me.

Oh no...  The class gasped and started whispering amongst themselves.  I sighed in defeat and dropped into the seat he was patting.

"HYO-EUN!  You forgot your cardigan!"  Key whispered in my ear, annoyed.

Today's gonna be a long day...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

Was this chapter interesting for you guys?  Did you like it?  Did you?  :D

xD

I want to thank you guys so much for commenting and subscribing!  It really motivates me so, so much more.

Please comment and subscribe!  Thank you!  ^3^ ♥

 

Comment replies:

StephanieBoo: of course!! :D  I hope. LOL.

ktcyab: I'm thinking of what to write for the Hawaii parts, and omg I want to go to Hawaii with them now...  asdfghjkl T_T

carlyxoxorenee: Heh :D Well, I'll bet he does xD

angelcity: I'm not sure, but I think so. xD  I didn't write that part to offend Jonghyun or Blingers in any way!  Sorry if it offended you :(

aquapopcorn:  Wah~!  You're so tall!  T_T Lucky...  I'm still 6 inches shorter than him if he's 5'8".  and thank you!  ^^