Chapter Ten

A Month to Success

 

Key's POV 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"I think it's the real Hyo-Eun.  Besides, Minho wouldn't lie about that."  I told Jonghyun.

"I'll find out, I guess."  He waved me away.

"What are you going to do with Hyo-Eun?"

"I'm going to play her."  He shrugged.

"That's it?  You're not worried about her revenge?"  I pressed.

"I bet she's too scared to pull anything."  He walked to his locker and opened it.  "Can you do me a favor?  Can you give her a makeover?  Do something so she's not embarassing to be seen with."

"Well..."  I couldn't turn down an opportunity to make someone over...  "If you answer my question."

"what?"

"Why did you agree to date her?  Do you like her at all?  Or will you ever?"  I bombarded him with questions.

"That's more than one."  He said, but nevertheless, he did answer.  "I can't turn down an opportunity to play someone, can I?  Do I like her?  Are you crazy, Key?  You know me; I've never liked anyone in my life."  He slammed his locker shut.  "And I never will."

I sighed.  I don't know, but I wanted them to get together.  It'd be funny.  Ironic.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"Where are you taking me?"  Hyo-Eun tried to escape, but I grabbed her bag.

"Somewhere you won't regret."  I smiled.  "Now get in the car."  I tugged her bag a bit forcefully.

"Let go of my bag, Key."  She winced in pain.

"Fine."  I let go, and she cautiously got in the backseat.

"What are you doing here?"  She widened her eyes at the sight of Jonghyun in the driver's seat.

"It's his car."  I got in an pulled my seatbelt on.

"What?  Then I don't want to go with you."  She pulled at the door, but it was locked already.

"Relax, girlfriend.  Nothing bad is going to happen."  Jonghyun rolled his eyes.

Hyo-Eun frowned, but tugged at the seatbelt.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"We're here~"  I cheerily opened the car door and took a deep inhale.  "Ah, the smell of a luxurious store."

"What are we doing here?"  Hyo-Eun gaped.

"You'll see."  Jonghyun locked his car and entered the store.  She hesitantly followed us in.

"Hi, Auntie!"  I hugged my favorite aunt who was behind the counter.  She was the owner of this pristine, lush shop.  The store had its very own salon, fashion line, and cafe (in the store, yes).  My auntie was so generous, she even let me open my very own fashion line: SHINee.  It had been a while since I had been here, and nothing much had changed - other than the workers.  The expensive tile floors were immaculate, having been cleaned 3 times a day.  The clothes were arranged by fashion line, by style, by color, and there was not a speck of dust to be seen.  Windows were polished daily, counters twice a day.  The store itself was flawless -- except, it was missing the wealthy, affluent customers, their gold, exclusive credit cards, and their elaborate conversations about designers DBSK,  and the flamboyant Big Bang, while sipping their overpriced macchiatos.  But that was because I had requested my aunt to close up the store for Hyo-Eun, exclusively.

"Oh, Kibum!  I haven't seen you in too long!  Here for your girlfriend?"  She hugged me back.

"For Jonghyun's."  I corrected.  I saw him roll his eyes.

"Why, isn't she...  different!"  She marveled.  "Very different from the other girls Jonghyun has been seen with.  I hope this one lasts!"

"Oh, I mean it in a good way!  Go with Key, now!"  My aunt assured when she saw Hyo-Eun's obfuscated expression.

"We need to go see a hairstylist, first.  Let's go."  I guided Hyo-Eun to the far corner and sat her down in front of a large, brightly lit mirror.

"A light trim, deep conditioning and treatment, a wave perm, and a dye in a sun-kissed 013 would be nice."  I instructed Miss Song, my personal hairstylist.

"What's wrong with my hair?"  Hyo-Eun grumbled.

"Everything, honey."  I sighed.

"Jonghyun, do you think I should get a trim, too?  Or maybe highlights?  Jonghyun?"  I asked while checking my hair in the mirror.   Too late.   I could see his figure retreating out the door.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"This?  No...  maybe that..."  I mumbled to myself as I was choosing outfits for Hyo-Eun.

"Sir?"  A worker gave me a bow.  "Miss Song wanted to let you know that she was ready."

"Thank you,"  I gave the worker a polite smile and walked towards the clean salon.

"Is that you, Hyo-Eun?"  I tapped the girl on her shoulder.

She spun around and scowled.

"Do you...  not like the hair?"

"My hair...  is blonde.  It's blonde, Key."

"Yes, I know."  I clapped happily.  "I've been wanting to make someone blonde, and it looks great on you!  It really brings out the brown of your eyes.  And see how smooth and creamy your hair is?  It's so soft and silky!"  I glided my fingers through her light, wavy strands.

"But I'm Asian.  Why would I want to be blonde?"  She argued.

"Relax, you'll thank me later.  Now let's go try on some clothes.  Oh, and thank you Miss Song!  You're wonderful!"  I blew her a kiss.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"You want me to wear this?"  She waved a clump of fabric in my face.

I nodded.

"It's glow in the dark."  She raised an eyebrow.

"So?"

"My hair is already blonde.  I don't think I need to attract more attention."

"Are you, by any chance, doubting the Almighty Key's fashion sense?"  I stood up.  Nobody, I mean nobody, doubts my fashion.

"Since when are you so almighty?"  She looked me dead in the eye.  Whoa.  Tough one huh?  Well, I'm not going to lose this one.

"Since I was bored."  I replied curtly.

"Minutes later, she came back, wearing the dress, and also a sore expression.

Ooh, my goodness.  Jonghyun's going to like this.  Or not, because he doesn't like her.  But he's still going to think she looks hot...  I mean, even I can't deny it.  She looks hot.  And that is not the Hyo-Eun I saw a few hours ago.  I mean, why was she hiding that body under those baggy clothes?  I don't understand.

"Ahem."  I cleared my throat.  What the heck?!  "Go try these on."  I shoved the carefully coordinated outfits dangling on white hangers at her.

She shrugged and locked the door again.

"Oh my gosh.  Jonghyun's gonna flip.  I know he's gonna fall for her.  I'm sure.  I'm Key Almighty."  I leaned back against the plush leather couch.  But he said he'd never like her...  if he ends up liking her, how is he going to admit it without it hurting his pride?  What if Hyo-Eun starts to like him but she doesn't tell him?

...all this thinking is making my head hurt.  Right then, she walked out in black skinny jeans and a pink crop top.  I gave her a thumbs up.

She went back in to change, and came out wearing a yellow oversized shirt and leggings.

"Ew, you look like a Pikachu."  I grimaced.

"You picked it for me."  She muttered.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

2 hours, 78 outfits, 126 complaints, and a complacent me later, we were done -- well, at least with clothes.  73 of the 78 outfits were to be purchased, and I'll say, I did pretty well.

"Auntie, can you wrap these all up?"  I smiled sweetly.

"Wait, Key!"  Hyo-Eun grabbed my arm.  "I didn't bring any money, and I don't need all these clothes."

"It's okay, it's all for free."  I'm only doing this because I want Jonghyun to fall for you, so that he and you will get together, and he will finally like someone.

"I...  I really shouldn't --"

"Don't argue with me."  I stopped her.  "This is really nice.  It's newly designed by Choi Seung Hyun and Kwon Ji Yong.  Do you like it?  It's from the GD & TOP line."  I picked up the tall, studded heel and examined it from all angles.

"Um, yes?"

"We'll take this, too."  I stacked box upon box on a leather ottoman.  "And I want you to wear this."  I picked out a knit ivory slouchy sweater dress and grey tights.

"And these!"  I tossed her a pair of black platform wedges with pink buckles.  I had designed these for the Replay by SHINee line.  They were my first shoes ever designed, and the colorful pink buckles were really something.

I picked out a few more shoes -- heels, flats, and sneakers -- while I waited for Hyo-Eun to come out.

"Uh, Key?"  She stumbled out and held onto the door.  "I can't walk in heels."

But these shoes...

"You're going to have to practice walking in heels, but wear these for now."  I frowned and picked up a box of pale pink leather flats, also from the Replay by SHINee line.  "Jonghyun likes it when girls are shorter than him anyway."  I grumbled quietly.

"What?"  She slipped on the flats and handed back the wedges.

"Nothing."  I took them and neatly placed them in the box, which I also designed.

"Key?"  She hesitantly called my name.  I looked up at her.

"This isn't a trick, is it?"

"No, it's not.  I'm not good at tricking people, to be honest."  I shrugged.

"Thanks, Key.  I really mean it."  She smiled, and after a pause, she said, "I think you're okay."

"I'm quite almighty."  I grinned.

"When you're not cocky..."  She groaned but laughed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hi there ^^  So here's another update for you all, and I hope this was a bit more interesting than the past few chapters.  Heh...
 
 
Comment and subscribe ^^♥