Chapter Nine

A Month to Success

Jonghyun's POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The rest of the morning passed by in a blur.  Okay, so you can say I was rather worried that Hyo-Eun really did win.  But it couldn't be.  My sister has the hardest time shedding 5 pounds.  How could 80 be possible?

"Jonghyun, did you hear that?!"  Key's voice rang in my ear.

"What?"  I looked up, snapping out of my trance.

"I didn't think so.  We're going to the states for our end of year trip!"  He clapped.

"The whole school?"  I raised an eyebrow.

"Yeah!  we get to stay in Hawaii for 2 whole weeks!  I better start getting ready.  I heard the sun there is really harsh on your skin there."

I grinned.  Hawaii meant beaches, and beaches meant girls...  in bikinis.

"And don't worry about Hyo-Eun too much!  I don't think the whole school believes her."

Thanks for reminding me...

"When do we go?"  I changed the subject.

"In 3 weeks!"

What?  I only have 3 weeks to get in shape!  I glanced down at my torso.  Why didn't I work out at all this month?  I groaned.

"Do you have a stomachache, Jjong?  Why are you clutching your stomach?"  Key worriedly felt my forehead.

"No, I just can't wait to go to Hawaii."  I feigned excitement.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hyo-Eun's POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Hawaii in 3 weeks, huh?  Sure, I was excited, but it's not like I have any friends to hang out with.  Except Jinki, but he's a boy...

"Are you really Hyo-Eun?"  A group of guys walked over to where I was sitting.

"Yeah..."  I nodded.

"Whoa...  I hope you make a big fool out of Kim Jonghyun.  Hwaiting!"  They smiled and waved.  I smiled back.  I wasn't the only one who hated him.

"So did you see Jonghyun yet?"  Jinki sat down beside me.

"During class, but we didn't talk or anything."

"He's walking in right now."  He nodded towards the dining hall doors.

"You think he'll come make a scene?"

"It wouldn't be unlike him."  Jinki chuckled.

He was right.  Kim Jonghyun and Key walked right up to us.

...

"Park Hyo-Eun."  He crossed his arms over his chest.

"Yes."  I replied curtly.

"Yeah right."  He snorted.

I raised my eyebrow.

"You're not really Hyo-Eun.  We know everything.  You thought you could fool us?"  Key blurted out.

"What are they talking about?  Is your real name not Hyo-Eun?"  Jinki looked at me.

"Nice try, nerd.  I almost fell for you guys."

"What are you talking about?"  I asked.

"You know, you guys should act.  How much is she paying you?"

"Who?!"

"Hyung!"  A loud voice interrupted us.  "Oh, Hyo-Eun, you're here too!"  Taemin smiled and waved.  "Where were you guys?  What happened to you, hyung?"

"Pneumonia.  Sorry I didn't call, Taemin."  Jinki replied.

"So you guys made up?  I heard you got into a fight."  Minho asked.

"Hm, yeah."  I shrugged.

"Aw, hyung, sorry about the chicken thing --"

"You guys can stop with the acting now."  Jonghyun interrupted Taemin.

"Acting?"  Taemin looked at Jonghyun.

"Yes, we all know the real Hyo-Eun paid you to do this."  Jonghyun scoffed.  People around us gasped.

We stared blankly at each other.   I burst out laughing, and soon, the rest of them, excluding Jonghyun and Key, joined in.  Ack, my stomach hurts, but I couldn't stop laughing. 

"You guys are so smart!"  Minho cried out.

"Thanks!" Key beamed.

"I don't think that was a compliment..."  Taemin remarked.

"Look, I don't know what's going on through your mind, but we didn't pay anybody to act.  If you don't believe us, then I'll go get DNA samples.  I guess you're embarrassed you lost, though.  It's okay, you're only human."  I smirked.

"Besides, why would Minho hyung lie?  He never does!"  Taemin chimed in.  The room erupted in silent, stifled giggles.

"W-well..."  Jonghyun stuttered.

"What are you afraid of?  I thought you were the Kim Jonghyun."  I sneered.

"Nothing!  T-tell me what you want!"

"Me?  I want you to date me."

"Date her?  What?"  They started whispering.

"What?  So you've been in love with me this whole time?"  Jonghyun sniggered.

Cocky little...  "Did I say that?  I only told you to date me."  I replied.

"Fine.  That's nothing."  He scoffed.

"Okay then.  We'll see if it's nothing or not."  I smirked back.  You have no idea what I'm going to do to you...

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Jinki's POV

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

D-d-date him?  That's her revenge?

"NO!"  I shouted.  Oops.  Everyone turned to look at me.

"No?"  Jonghyun raised an eyebrow.

"Heh, I forgot my textbook."  I smiled sheepishly.

"Good one, nerd."  He smirked.  "Hey, are you new?  I've never seen you before."

"N-no, I'm-"

"He's Onew, my brother."  Taemin said.

"Onew?  What kind of name is that?  And Taemin-ah, since when did you have a brother?"  Key giggled

"Ever since I was born..."

"Onew.  Suits a nerd."  Jonghyun laughed.  "Bye, girlfriend.  I'll see you later."  He waved before giving us a sly smile, and walked away.

"Hyo-Eun!  Dating him is your revenge?  And Taemin, what the heck?  Onew?"

"Onew!  That's my new nickname for you!  It's like anew but with an O."  Taemin smiled brightly.

"Taemin, that is the lamest thing that has ever come out of your mouth."  Minho sighed.

"Hey, it's original!"  Taemin pouted.

"So how are you going to get back at him?"  Minho changed the subject.

"You'll see..."  Hyo-Eun grinned furtively.

"Do you like him?"  I questioned.

"Would you like him?"  She raised an eyebrow.

"That's different!  I'm not gay!"

"It doesn't matter; either way, we don't like him."  She rolled her eyes.

Well, that's a relief.  Kind of...

 

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

 

 

Mr. Simple Simple~  ♪

I don't know about you, but Super Junior blew my mind.  Mr. Simple 5jib has left me mindblown.  :D

AND DON'T FORGET ABOUT SHINEE'S JULIETTE PV!  ASDFGHJKL; heh.  fangirl moment...  

Eh.  These past few updates were boring, I know.  BUT WAIT.  I am getting to the .  Are you guys ready for some Jong-Hyo action?  :D  No, not .  Sorry guys, but I'm not a big fan of it.  :(

Anyways, thank you guys so much for subscribing and *ahem* commenting. LOL.  Please, do comment and subscribe!  They never fail to make my day (or night).  LOL.

P.S.  I AM STILL SPAZZING ABOUT THE TWEET. T_T JAEJOONG'S TWEET ABOUT CHANGMIN AND YUNHO.  I'm still keeping the faith.  ☆  I still have so much hope that they'll perform as 5 again.