Chap 4

The Tutor

{Sunday}

Lucky for me, I didn’t have to teach Hyuna the previous days. I didn’t get stress from her those days. Thank God. Anyway, I’m driving my car back to my apartment after Dongwoon’s party. It’s awesome. His parents allow us to drink some beers. We danced like maniacs back then but we had a lot of fun. It’s one of the best days ever. Except it has been raining since afternoon. Whatever. I’m happy. Suddenly, something pops out in front of me, I mean, my car. I stops in time not hitting it.

“Is that Joe?” I asked myself seeing Joe standing in the rain. What’s he doing here at this time? It’s 11PM already

I take out my umbrella and step out. Joe runs away all of sudden. He wants me follow him? And I do. I walk slowly behind him. As if he knows, he wait for me some times between his running. We’re going to the center of the park? Finally, he stops beside a person. Hyuna. Why’s she sitting there?  I come closer and realize her lips are turned pale. She’s freezing.

“What’re you doing here?...Hey, stand up. I’ll take you home” I shared my umbrella with her

Not move. Joe’s her face nonstop. He wants her attention. What’s she staring at? I follow her gaze and see a huge tree with a lot of rocks around it. Don’t tell me she has never seen tree with rocks?

“Hey, stand up. You’ll be sick. How long have you been sitting here?” I kneeled down. Man, this girl’s stubborn

“Yah!! If you want to sit here, why did you bring Joe with you? Now he can be sick too. He’s waiting for you” Why you always make me have to shout, Hyuna?

She suddenly turns to Joe and hugs him. Okay, at least I know she listen to me. What happened to her? Joe looks sad. Aish, this girl can’t stop bothering me.

“Okay, should we go now?” I gave my hand towards her as she held it. Her hand’s freaking cold

I help her up and we head to my car. I bring her home. The nanny gives me some towels to dry myself while Hyuna’s taking bath.

“What’s wrong with her today?” I asked

“Nothing. It’s happened every year” the nanny sighed

“What?” my eyes got widen

“I’ll make you some hot tea” she left. What’s going on here?

 

I go upstairs to check on Hyuna before going home. I about to knock her door, Joe pulls me back. Actually, he bites my jeans pulling me to the filthy room

“You want me to come in?” I looked at him as he nodded.

I enter the room. All the stuffs are covered by white cloth. This’s her mother’s room?  While I’m looking around, Joe bites something out from under the bed. A box. It’s locked. One of his legs is touching it. He wants me open it? So the key’s for this?

“I don’t have the key with me now” I told him and he lowed his head

“Can I bring it to my house?” he pushed the box nearer to me. I’ll take it a yes.

 

{At my apartment}

After changing clothes, I come to my desk where I put the box. I take out the key from the drawer. The key’s fitted perfectly with the box. There’re some pictures and a notebook in the box. I decide to open the notebook. It’s a diary.

[22nd March, 1994 – Jaehyun just bought for me a puppy. I named it Joe. I know Jaehyun doesn’t want to leave me alone in the house when he goes to work and Hana goes to school. I’m lucky to have him as my husband. Yeobo, saranghae!!]

This is the diary of Hyuna’s mother?

“1AM already? I have school. Should go to sleep then” I took a look at my watch as I closed the diary

 

{Monday}

I’m having History class. It’s EXTREMELY boring. I think I’ll listen to music then. The teacher never notices, he’s too busy talking to himself. When I’m finding my iPod, I see the diary. I brought it to school?  Maybe because I put it with my books. I don’t have anything to do. Reading is not bad idea. I open a random page and read it boringly.

[19th January, 1995 – Today, Jaehyun and I visited Yong’s family. They celebrated their child one-month-old. It’s so cute when Jaehyun and Mr.Yong argue about the boy. Look like Jaehyun wants a son. Baby-ah, don’t be sad, you’re a boy or a girl, it doesn’t matter, I know dad still loves you]

Yong’s family? My family? It’s getting my attention.

[6th June, 1995 – My babies are born. I have a son and a daughter. We named them Hyuna and Byunghyun. Even Jaehyun said he wanted a son but he always carries Hyuna instead of Byunghyun. Funny, right? Byungie-ah, you still have umma here. Umma loves both of you] Weird. She seemed happy with her family. You can’t lie in your diary right?

“HYUNG!!” someone shouted

“Wh…What?” I startled looking around

“The class is over. It’s break time. Why’re you staring at the notebook?” – Doojoon

“Just thinking about something”

“At least you don’t become like Hyuna” – Jina

“Hyuna…She…” I wanted to tell them

“She’s absent today. Want to meet her?” – Hyunseung

“Ani”

“Can we go to the cafeteria to talk? I’m starving” Dongwoon whined

“Okay. Sure. Let’s go” I put the diary away and stood up

 

{Friday}

Finally. Weekend. It’s a stressful week because there’re a lot of tests and things to study. But Hyuna hasn’t come to school and no one hasn’t asked me to teach her either. You think I care about her? You’re WRONG. Well, a little. I actually know she came to school or not because my friends keep teasing me about that. It’s annoying.

I’m lying on bed and staring at the ceiling. My room’s a mess. Books, clothes, food and drinks are everywhere. Maybe I should clean it before my parents visit me all of sudden. It’ll be harder for me to study in Seoul if they come and see this. Better do it now. Sooner is better. I pull myself up lazily and sigh before starting cleaning. After a while, I finish with the clothes, food and drinks, I just have books left. I reorganize them until one thing gets my attention. The diary. I haven’t read it since Monday. I put it on the table and continue cleaning. When I think the room’s tidy, I take the diary, lie on bed and read. What? I’m bored. Then I remember there’re some pictures with the diary so I take them out too.

[19th December, 1999 – We came to Mr.Yong’s youngest son birthday party. He’s so naughty but cute. He hit my Hyunie making her cry. Byungie wanted to protect her so he hit the boy back. Aw, my boy knows how to protect his sister. Mr.Yong’s son looked like he felt guilty so he share all of his biscuits with Hyunie. They played happily after that. Kids. So adorable. Hyunie talked about him nonstop. Should I engage you with him, Hyunie?]

I miss that time so much. Wait, that means Hyuna’s the girl I liked? If so, Byunghyun’s the one who hit me? Wait a second, I thought they were both girls? I search in the pictures hoping there’s a picture of them when they’re kids. I find it. . It’s true. Hyuna IS that girl.

[27th April, 2005 – My Hyunie and Byungie has dyed their hairs. They’re still young but they destroyed their hairs. I can’t stop them. They like that and they study well. A lot of people like them so it’s okay. I save some hairs before they dyed. You’ll regret when you look at these, Hyunie and Byungie] It was really creepy at first when I saw some hair in the box. I understand now.

[20th October, 2005 – I can’t believe it. Hana’s going to get married. She’s just 20 and she wants to marry already? And moreover, her boyfriend is the minister? I thought he was a poor guy, came here to find a job. At least I know they love each other’s personality not wealth. Please take care of my daughter well, Jiho] Thiss why Mr.Jaehyun is powerful?

[5th June, 2007 – Jaehyun bought new kites for Hyunie and Byungie. Tomorrow is their 12 birthday. They looked happy. They’re even sleeping while hugging the kites. My health isn’t good today. Joe helped me. He’s my bestfriend. He hidded my diary for me and takes it out when I need. I hope I’ll get better tomorrow so that I can play with my children. Happy birthday, my lovely twin!!]

“Huh? Finish already?” the next page was blank

Many things appear in my mind. Gayoon said Hyuna was cheerful in primary school and she didn’t study with Hyuna in middle school. That means Hyuna changed when she was in middle school. Her mother’s diary has been stopped since 2007. Hyuna was in middle school in 2007. Something was happened. Her mother didn’t write since 6th June, Hyuna’s birthday. Hold on, 6th June? That day’s 6th June. IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY.

“It’s happened every year” I suddenly remembered nanny’s statement

Hyuna stood in the park staring at the tree and rocks. So something happened in 6th June, 2007 at the park. Can’t her mother…? Her mother died ON her birthday? Can’t be. Everyone said she went with her lover and she even brought…Oh god, Hyuna’s brother and mother died in the same day? No, NO. Don’t think in bad way, Junhyung. What if they’re still alive? That’s just my theory. I need to ask someone. But who?

 

{Saturday}

“Hyung…Hyung- ah” Yoseob called me

“Humh…” I said randomly

“What’s wrong with you today? We’re in bar and you seem not enjoying as usual” – Jina

“I’m just thinking”

“About Hyuna” Doojoon joked. He’s right this time.

“That’s true” my friends were surprised at my answer. Who didn’t?

“You love her IN REAL?” – Hyunseung

 “Ani. Hyuna…She’s that girl” I sighed

“What girl, hyung?” – Dongwoon

“The girl in kindergarten”

“WHAT?” they exclaimed in unision

“Hey, no need to scream like that”

“What do you mean Hyuna was that girl, oppa?” – Jiyoon

“That means Hyuna’s the girl I used to like”

“You said that girl had a sister. Hyuna has…” – Gayoon

“Yes, I know. But it’s true…Aish, I’m going insane” I rubbed my head

“Possible. Byunghyun and Hyuna always wore same clothes. You might misunderstand he was a girl”

“Wait, how do you know she’s that girl?” – Hyunseung

“Believe or not. The dog pulled me to her mother’s room and gave me her diary” “Joe’s her mother’s dog” Gayoon nodded understanding

“If Hyuna’s that girl, don’t tell me you’ll ask her out?” – Doojoon

“I don’t know. There’s something unclear about her…And guys…About her mother and brother…I think they have died”

“Wh…Why did you say so?” they looked shocked…again

“The diary stopped at 5 June before Hyuna birthday. After reading, I’m sure her mother didn’t have lover because she wrote all the memories with her husband happily. Moreover, Gayoon said when Hyuna was in primary school, she was different. That means something bad happened affecting her attitudes” I explained in one breath as their eyes got widen

“Man, you’re totally in love with Hyuna, hyung” - Kikwang

“Huh?”

“Yeah, I agree with him” – Jiyoon

“And now you’re deeper because she’s that girl” – Hyunseung

“What’re you talking about?” I didn’t understand

“You know her well. That means you care about her. If you care about her, you love her” – Dongwoon

“But if oppa’s theory is true…Poor Hyuna. She has been through a lot. That’s why she’s like this” – Sohyun

“Do you know anyone’s close with her? You can ask them to check” – Jihyun

“Her nanny but she always avoided me when I mentioned” I shaked my head

“If so, your theory’s true, hyung” – Yoseob

“Yeah, because that’s sad thing so she doesn’t want to talk about that” – Jiyoon

“What if you bring this diary to show her? She may say something” Dongwoon suggested

“Okay, I’ll try when I can’t find another solution”

 

I remember that I updated this chapter already but it has been disappeared after AFF's fixed =.=

I'll update chapter 5 after I finish. I'm stuck again >"<

Please subscribe xD