Aquamarine 1/4

Love Notes at My Door

 

:) Hello there everybody! This chapter will start off with a baekyeol flashback, FINALLY! I love them, lol, and then it will go back to the present before a fluffy Xiuchen flashback next chapter 

Here we go!


Xiumin couldn't remember how to put on his shoes or how to tie his shoe laces or that 1 + 1 = 2. He could barely understand that the left shoe is specifically made for the left foot and the exact same concept went for the right. Everything felt fuzzy, as if he were in a trance, and no matter what Xiumin did, which usually ended up wrong, he couldn't break out of his stupor. Uniform clad and giddy with excitement, Xiumin opened the door and was the first out, while everyone sluggishly followed in his wake, tired out from the long night of partying and trying not to curse the sun, vocally or not.

Xiumin's giddy nature only seemed to annoy them more, and the only one who didn't want to bite his head off had to be the last person to complain, Kai. He was under the same veil of idiocy as Xiumin, but he was much more discreet about it, the buttons of his uniform through the wrong holes, and he almost wore his boxers over his pants. The only difference between the two had to be that this was Xiumin's first time being so happy to see someone else whereas Kai had been that way for a very long time; Kyungsoo always made him feel stupid and unsure and dizzy and absolutely amazing. The group, consisting of Luhan dragging along a cute, sleepy Sehun, a dreamily sighing Kai, Chanyeol still sporting a very hideous case of bedhead, and his equally tired boyfriend Baekhyun. Xiumin turned back to see them all trudging behind him and rolled his eyes as they murmured incoherent words to each other.

"Could you guys at least look like your alive?" Chanyeol shot him a glare while Baekhyun simply smiled, his eyes instantly disappearing into two crescent moons. The pair had to be the oddest in the bunch since Chanyeol was certified crazy and Baekhyun was just . . .

Not. (Xiumin would soon come to find out Baekhyun was just as bad if not worse than his boyfriend.)

No matter how much of a fool Chanyeol made of himself, Baekhyun was there for him, supporting him, even if it was as preposterous as literally becoming a buffalo (Chanyeol has an odd obsession with the large beasts and no one can do a damn thing about it) or something on the borderline of insane. Xiumin couldn't understand what their relationship was all about since he was never as close to the singer as the rest of them, and Chanyeol turned into a completely bumbling mess of words anytime someone brought up Baekhyun's name, so there was no use asking him. The only thing Xiumin really knew was that one year prior, Chanyeol had confessed to Baekhyun and was utterly rejected, subjecting himself to camp out at KaiMinHan's house with no sign of ever leaving. It was the first time Xiumin had seen someone so out of character. For one thing, Chanyeol couldn't stop sobbing all over the place and on everyone's cloths, his words mushing together to the point where they each would just say 'I know' or 'everything will be okay' or Luhan's favorite phrase that did nothing but make the tall pretty boy cry harder, 'Just try again.' Feeling curious in his fluttery mind, Xiumin turned back and called out to the staggering couple.

"Hey Baekhyun." Said male turned his head forward, where he had previously been looking at Chanyeol's sleepy face in awe, and quirked and eyebrow. It still felt a bit weird to be surrounded by mostly Chanyeol's friends since he liked hanging out with Kyungsoo, Suho, and Chen. But he wouldn't complain, Chanyeol had spent the night at his house, and in the morning he wanted to go to KaiMinHan's house with the singer in tow. Baekhyun still found it a little unsettling how well the five got along, so well to the point where they felt like a big crazy family (He now sees that Kai is a very bad influence on his poor boyfriend's metal capabilities) and Baekhyun felt his heart crave to be a part of it.

"Yeah Xiumin?" Baekhyun tilted his head out of habit and Chanyeol widened his eyes a bit just to see more of it. How lucky can I get to be with someone like you? He watched Xiumin wave his boyfriend over and pouted when Baekhyun really left his side. His pout refused to walk away when he watched his boyfriend and Xiumin begin talking in hushed voices. Chanyeol is usually never the jealous type, but when it came to Baekhyun, he became different, not necessarily in a bad way, just different. Sometimes Chanyeol felt awkward when he was with Baekhyun, because Baekhyun was so calm and collected while Chanyeol was like a never-ending explosion of antics. But even so, they worked. When everyone called Baekhyun weird for being with Chanyeol, he would simply say ' you.' No one really knows him like Baekhyun does and what Baekhyun knows and feels is that he loves him and he knows Chanyeol feels the same.

"How did you meet Chanyeol?" It was a straightforward question and Baekhyun flushed as the memories came back.

"Well . . ."

Magical Baekyeol Flashback ~

"I wish we could have gotten some damn warning about this," Baekhyun hissed as the stylist fixed his hair and his mic was adjusted close to his lips, the tape sticking it to his face beyond uncomfortable. Kyungsoo grumbled from next to him, annoyed as well.

"They can't seriously expect us to sing the song perfectly when we've only been practicing for two weeks! I can barely remember the words!" Kyungsoo glared at his reflection as his bangs were curled to the side, he thought he resembled a really cute nerd.

"I'm not even sure I remember the first pitch, but hopefully the pianist doesn't  or else we're screwed." It was a known fact that Baekhyun and Kyungsoo took their performances seriously. They were always prepared, they always delivered, and they found justice in acting like complete jerks because they had worked their asses off enough to do so. They each sighed and looked at each other when the deed was done, smiling at the action.

They had been singing partners for a long time and had gotten so close they were considered brothers. Kyungsoo refused to sing on his own or without Baekhyun and Baekhyun did the same, so they were just always together. The only person who seemed to mind was Kyungsoo's fail boyfriend Kai. With their hair finally finished, Baekhyun and Kyungsoo did their usual pre-show pep talk.

"I think we'll be fine Soo, anytime the music starts, we always know what to do." Kyungsoo sighed with relief. Baekhyun was right, no matter how much they butchered or forgot a song, in front of a crowd, when the music began, everything just clicked.

"True, so just feel the music and we'll be okay, right?" Baekhyun laughed at Kyungsoo's wide eyed expression and nodded his head. He poked Kyungsoo's forehead and went in for another attack only to have his hand pulled back. He tilted his head back and his expression fell into one portraying boredom. Of course it was Kai, scowling at him before carelessly tossing his hand away and going to Kyungsoo, wrapping his hands around him and snuggling into his neck.

"K-Kai, s-stop! You'll ruin my makeup." Baekhyun watched as Kai pulled his head away and smiled, that smile really could hide all of his evil thoughts, before leaning forward and pressing his lips against Kyungsoo's. Baekhyun turned away, feeling awkward as ever. He felt like a complete intruder to the sight, but he wasn't the only one.

"Hey," a deep, sultry voice boomed from behind Baekhyun, “How could you- Oh." Kai and Kyungsoo didn't seem to notice, their lips molding together and aiming to stay just as that until the need for air broke them apart. How shameless. Baekhyun turned back again, only to find out that he was being blinded by the most adorable set of features he had ever come across. The boy was tall, way taller than Baekhyun at least, and his hair was arranged in a crazy mop of reddish orange curls, his eyes large and shining a deep brown hue. His lips were small, but not too small, and that voice. It couldn't have come from him with a face like that.

"Don't worry, they'll separate when the Earth is under water," Baekhyun spoke sarcastically, rolling his eyes when Kai raised a hand to shoot him the finger. Baekhyun checked his appearance in the mirror for the last time, scratching at that unruly tape against his cheek, and straightened his back.

"Really?" Baekhyun looked at the tall, very cute boy and raised his eyebrow in question. The boy understood and verified what he was talking about.

"Are they really going to separate when the Earth is under water?" Okay, Baekhyun took back all of his compliments prior because they was absolutely no way in hell that boy could be so dumb. To make matters worse, the guy was staring at Baekhyun expectantly, as if he was really waiting on an answer. Baekhyun was annoyed, not only was he about to go out on stage unprepared, but some stupid boy was messing with his mojo.

"Are you kidding me?" Maybe it was supposed to be a joke and Baekhyun was overanalyzing it as he has a tendency to do, but again, he was proven right.

"No?" Was he being mind-ed or something, because Baekhyun suspected the boy was trying to make him seem like the retard. At that moment Kai decided he had enough of killing Kyungsoo with his lips and turned to look back at Baekhyun and his friend.

"Oh, I see you've met one of my best friend’s. His name is Chanyeol and he'll be attending EXO with us this year." Oh, no wonder Chanyeol was a half idiot, Baekhyun mused, he's friends with Kai.  

Great.

Another one.

Wasn't converting Sehun enough?

Kyungsoo caught his breath and said his introduction, while Baekhyun flicked at the invisible dust beneath his fingers. He didn't like Kai, he had his reasons, so he was positive he would like Chanyeol even less. Kyungsoo nudged his foot, trying to say 'say hi or something and do not sit there and pretend to be busy,' but Baekhyun wouldn't budge. Over the loud speaker, Baekhyun heard his and Kyungsoo's name being called and walked towards the back stage entrance, the red curtain beginning to draw back. He blatantly ignored Chanyeol, figuring the boy was smart enough to figure out that he didn't want to be friends with him. Kyungsoo sighed and followed, knowing that Baekhyun was being pissy for no reason and that he didn't like Kai and Chanyeol either. 

"D-Did I do something wrong?" Baekhyun heard Chanyeol's deep voice murmur, tinged with sadness. Baekhyun imagined a child losing his dog or something like that.

"No, Baekhyun is always an , so don't mind him." Why don't I take my shoe and shove it up yours, Baekhyun wanted to yell back, but he was already stepping into the bright lights with Kyungsoo by his side, and not a moment later, the piano accompaniment began, and Baekhyun began to sing. 

 

"deoneun mangseoliji ma jebal
 

nae simjangeul geodoo-eoga
 

geurae nalkaro-ulsurog chohwa
 

dalbitjochado nooneul gameun bam" Baekhyun didn't know how he did it, but the words, they just came so naturally to him. He felt like he was flying. Kyungsoo stood close next to him, his eyes closed, trying to call back the words he usually stumbled over. He heard Baekhyun finished and opened his mouth at the right count, the piano soft background music to his mind.

"na anin dareun namja-yeotdamyeon
huegeuk an-eue han gujeol-ieotdeo-ramyeon

neoye geu saramgua baggun sangcheo modu taewuobeoryeo," He was slightly dazed as he sang, not sure whether it was safe to open his eyes or not, but when he felt Baekhyun take his hand, everything felt okay. They sang together, Kyungsoo thinking of Kai, while Baekhyun wondered if he had been as much of a  like he suspects he has.

"Baby don’t cry, tonight

eodumi geodhigo namyeon

Baby don’t cry, tonight

eobseotdeon il-i dwell geoya

 

moolgeo-poom-i dueneun geoseun niga aniya,

ggeutnae molla ya hae deon

 

So baby don’t cry, cry

nae sarangi neol jikilteni." It all seemed to end too quickly, the crowd clapping and screaming one of the two names or perhaps both. Kyungsoo finally opened his eyes and looked at Baekhyun, smiling at their success. They raised their hands and left with a bow to backstage where Kai stood waiting with his arms wide open. Kyungsoo instantly ran to him, leaving Baekhyun by himself and Chanyeol standing awkwardly to the side. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and walked over to the tall, quiet male and held out his pretty hand. He looked sideways and opened his mouth.

"I'm Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's singing partner." Baekhyun expected Chanyeol to take his hand like a normal person, but Chanyeol was not a normal person, as he would soon come to find and love. He glomped Baekhyun, literally hugged the smaller boy in his large arms and smiled, his big eyes widening and his thin lips stretching into a crooked smile.

"I'm Chanyeol!"

End Magical Baekyeol Flashback~

"You’re an ," Xiumin spoke without a care, walking with his bag hung over his shoulders. 

"I know. I really do. And I don't think I'll ever forgive myself for how I acted. Especially when he confessed. Kyungsoo told me he was with you all and that he wouldn't stop crying and saying my name. Then he called me an and told me to fix it."

"Why did you say no anyway? I know your smart and everything, but you must be dumb when it comes to common sense." Baekhyun soon realized that Xiumin is definitely a good friend.

"I tend to repress that memory, but I remember saying something about him being this huge gigantic freak," Baekhyun looked back to see Chanyeol looking directly at him, "and then he started crying and asking me why I can't give me one chance and I said I would give him one after I'm dead." Baekhyun turned back to look at Xiumin only to-

"OW!"

"You deserved it," Xiumin smiled, blowing on his stinging fingers, “And now I forgive you for that day. Just don't do that to Chanyeol again. He may sound older than the rest of us, but that face gives it away. He's just a child and he needs as much love as you can give. Got it? “Look who’s talking, Baekhyun had a knack for saying snide comments in his thoughts and that was still the same.

"Got it."

"Good. I think we're going to be really good friends.I agree

 

~

 

Xiumin quickly figured out that Baekhyun could be loud and obnoxious on his own and in that case, he and Chanyeol made an amazing team. They were almost as bad as Sehun and Kai, but thankfully, a jealous Luhan was around to make sure the two did nothing.

"Hannie, come onnn. Just one rap and I'll stop. I promise." Luhan crossed his arms and turned away, walking ahead to catch up with Baekhyun and Xiumin. He didn't like how much Sehun liked being with Kai. He felt like second place all the time and it was beginning to piss him off. What? Was he too boring now just because he could sing and not rap?

Well, you can go to hell Oh Sehun!

"Lulu, you okay? Where's Sehun?" Xiumin looked back and instantly sighed. Why was he still surprised sometimes to find Kai, Sehun, and Chanyeol becoming complete idiots?

"My roommate is trying to steal my boyfriend," Luhan said sadly and dramatically, holding his bag to his chest, “and I feel like I'm the only one noticing."

"Noticing what?" Luhan made a 'D:' face and hugged his bag tightly.

"Sehun likes being with Kai more than me. W-What if he likes him now?" Xiumin scoffed, Luhan was scoff worthy, and shook his head. 

"You're just overreacting. Sehun and Kai are friends. Sehun would never even think about being with someone whose not you, I'd know since I'm stuck in that damn Music Appreciation class with them. All they do is rap about being retarded or Kyungsoo and in Sehun's case, you. He's really attached to you, but Kai has a demonic aura and Sehun is unfortunately his second in command. So don't be too jealous." Luhan looked back with his pout still in place. He can get jealous really easily.

"Then why won’t he spend time with me?"

"The both of you literally spend most of the day together, not to mention Sehun rarely goes home nowadays. How much time are you asking for?"

The time he spends with Kai!

The group of friends rounding a corner and headed for the school entrance, where a familiar group of boys stood wearing a different uniform. Sehun finished joking around and noticed Luhan had left his side. When did he? Sehun looked ahead to see Luhan's back, his bag pressed against his chest. Luhan only ever held his bag that way when he was upset. Walking ahead to catch up, Sehun saw Xiumin stop in front of the guys by the front gate, and Luhan and Baekhyun do the same. Aren't they from Woolim High? Sehun stopped by Luhan's side, wondering what was going on.

"Woohyun, I thought I made it clear last night that I don't have time for your games," Xiumin said, his friends right behind him.

"I would gladly leave, but I came here to find that hot guy you stole from me last night!" 

"I didn't steal anything from you, you idiot!"

"Then where is he?" Woohyun looked over Xiumin and his eyes roved over Luhan's face. Sehun stubbornly pulled Luhan into his side and glared at Woohyun, sending waves of 'Don't even try.'

"It's none of your business where he is, so just go back to your school."

"Xiumin, you should know me by now. I'm not going anywhere until I get what I want. Are you afraid I'll win him just like I won our last game?" Xiumin loathed how smug Woohyun always was about that one game. 

"The only reason you won was because your teammates played unfairly and messed up my goalie's back. If you think you’re going to win next week, you’re kidding yourself. My team is going to wipe the floor with you, and if you must know, Chen is mine. All mine. So if you think you’re going to take something that belongs to me, you’re mistaken." Woohyun smirked, knowing he had hit a nerve and enjoying how riled up Xiumin could be.

"I guess Chen means so much to you, huh? Would you stake that on our game?"

"I don't need to win to prove it to you or anyone else."

"Well if you’re so sure, play for it. If you win the Tournament, which I doubt with that left leg, you won't have to worry about me going after that beautiful boy. But, when you lose, which I will make sure of, I'm going to take Chen from you. And you’re not going to do a thing about it." Xiumin wasn't stupid; he knew that Woohyun was being serious.

"I'm not agreeing to that."

"Why? Not confident enough in yourself or Chen? Or maybe your ty team?" 

"I bet he's scared," Hoya, a centerfield player Xiumin remembers stealing the ball from, taunted.

"I would be too. That team could barely keep up, and with Kris gone, taking candy from a baby," Dongwoo, another center fielder Tao almost kicked in the , playfully commented. Xiumin knew he would regret falling prey to their antics, but he was so pissed off he couldn't think straight. He was tired of being compared to Kris, hell, he knew he wasn't as good, but they were underestimating him.

"You know what Nam Woohyun, you have a deal." Woohyun smiled and held out his hand and Xiumin took it, gripping as tightly as he could. Woohyun ignored it, his smile tightening.

"I can't wait to hear Chen say my name. But I especially can't wait to see that look of heartbreak on your face."

 

 

 

 

 

 

:)  I love you guys! I'm probably going to double or triple update today, so please wait for me patiently. :)