Egg-Shell White 2/3

Love Notes at My Door

This chapter is so random, lol. But I had alot of fun writing it.

And I've decided Woohyun shall be Xiumin's rival for Chen's LOVEEEE. :) Here are a few reasons why, and I hope you guys are okay with it:

Woohyun is captain of Woolim High's soccer team and full of lovable, greasy, sleaziness.

Plus, he's insanely handsome.

He and Xiumin are not on the friendly terms with each other, seeing as Woohyun likes rubbing his prior victory in Xiumin's face every time they happen to see each other.

Woohyun is Chen's absolute opposite. He's blunt, in your face, and goes after whatever he wants, and in this case,

it's Chen. Kekeke. 

I'm having way too much fun with this. XD

regular- Xiumin's POV

italics- Chen's POV

bold- flashback

And a bit of Kaisoo

For all you Sulay and Baekyeol lovers, be prepared for some moments next chapter. ;)


Xiumin adored music and understood not everyone had the same taste. Personal preference was not a problem to him, seeing as he could take any song and scream, yes scream, the lyrics and sound pretty damn good at it at the same time. Some people preferred to sing, Xiumin understood, especially since Luhan's days not only consisted of hanging off of Sehun until the last millisecond possible, but singing in his native tongue until Xiumin banged on the paper thin wall separating their rooms because, dammit, he can understand and it gets slightly annoying to be singing what is love over and over even if it's for a grade. Other people, instead of singing, might prefer playing an instrument, like how Lay loves to play the guitar during open mic night on campus. Then there are those who rap. Xiumin has absolutely nothing against rapping, he could rap exceptionally well if he wanted, but there was nothing he hated more than what took place in Music Appreciation. It had two names.

Sehun

&

Kai.

But mostly Kai, who figured rapping faster than humanely possible, because well, Kai is just like that, with Sehun adding affects and/or his own mix into the lyrics was the brightest thing to do in a class full of hyperactive teenagers. Not only were the lyrics portraying Kai as a pansy who missed Kyungsoo more than life itself, but because of the duo's sheer beauty, Xiumin admits they are beautiful in an absolutely platonic way (he shivers from thinking about being ambushed in the shower that single time), the entire class imploded into chaos while Professor Leeteuk chose to nap. Xiumin found not the slightest understanding of how his teacher could sleep through such a loud mess of rapping, yelling, was that supposed to be singing?, and all of the other sounds classically found in a classroom, while he felt like taking a soccer ball to the face. Atleast they were appreciating music, pun intended. The only good point to the duo standing carefully on two desks near the center of the room, was that there was no Chanyeol. If in fact Chanyeol had taken Music Appreciation instead of Photography 204, then he probably would have been rapping about buffalo's or some obscene act. Xiumin pressed his head against his desk, the only one occupied by a and close to the back of the room, and closed his eyes.

Thanks to all the blocking he usually does when it comes to Kai and Sehun, Xiumin concentrated until the room flushed away with a swirl of white, leaving him in the silence he wished for. There, in the recesses of his mind, Xiumin thought about him. There was nothing else that could take his attention away from the memory, from that voice. His face was delicate and pale, as if it were his first time out in the sun, his voice sweet and dripping of deep, unadulterated emotion that Xiumin had never seen before. His raven locks crowned his face messily, looking soft and windswept, so innocent. His lips were papery thin and pink, and his eyes were so expressive.

Xiumin sighed, his heart hammering away beneath his rib cage. It was the first time Xiumin had ever thought about someone like this. It was the first time he had ever found someone so intriguing, such a mystery, so lovely. Even with all of Xiumin's close friends being on the left side of the field, Xiumin never expected to be gay. He had never had girlfriend, or even thought about girls much because he was always too busy, but he never thought that maybe the reason he couldn't get a girlfriend was because he was waiting on the perfect guy. Nevertheless, Xiumin accepted that he wanted to see that guy again, to speak to him, before he could let these giddy feelings get out of control. 

Oh who was he kidding?

His feelings were beyond raging, much like a girl. 

"YAH! XIUMIN!" Xiumin's brown orbs opened angrily to come face to face with a smirking Kai and grinning Sehun.

"What do you want?" Xiumin groaned and purposely turned his head away, fully prepared to block out whatever his two best friend/enemies had to say.

"Hey, don't be like that," Kai playfully pleaded, poking the back of Xiumin's head until the older male grumbled curses and turned back with an expressionless face,"we wanted to know if you can come play basketball after school today." Xiumin grumbled and tiredly rubbed at his eyes. It was draining thinking about someone for over 45 minutes and having absolutely no idea you were in fact doing just that.

"Can't. I have practice and they're making me captain today."

"How long will you be here then? You need to come with us," Sehun asked while bouncing on the balls of his feet. Xiumin had an inkling feeling that there was a catch somewhere.

"I'll be finished around 5. Why do you need me? You know I don't play basketball.

"So what if your two sizes too small? We have a surprise for you for becoming captain, and you have to be there in order to get it. Am I right or am I right?" Kai nodded his head along with his own words and Xiumin rolled his eyes at the gesture.

"Wrong," It all felt illogical to Xiumin, since when had Kai and Sehun decided to do something nice without an ulterior motive? Xiumin refused to fall for it, "I'm not sure what you two really want to do to me, so I'm not going." Kai gave an exasperated breath while Sehun pulled out the Aegyo card that mostly applied to Luhan.

"Hyung~ You have to come! Or else the surprise will be sad!"

"It's physically impossible for a surprise to be sad unless it's alive. Please don't tell me you got a stripper or something along those lines, because I wouldn't want to run away like last time." Long story short, after one faithful practice, Xiumin came home to a paid stripper in his bed. His first instinct was not to sleep with her like some teenager, but run away with the most terrified expression known to man. Since then, his trust in Kai is a little wary.
 
"No, we did not get you a stripper. And I had paid her well and you didn't even do anything with her, what a waste."
 
"Look, that was a really bad memory for me, since she was in my bed, you know, the place where I have to sleep everyday. So sue me for wasting your money."
 
"Look, hyung, we know your trust in Kai is nonexistent at this point, but can you please come? It's a very big deal." Xiumin contemplated what would happen if he did go, and figured since the basketball court is in a public place, he would be safe.
 
"Okay," Xiumin broke, "I'll go. But don't think I wont kick your if it's something stupid, immoral, dangerous, or illegal."
 
"Love you to Min~"
Xiumin had already begun to regret agreeing, seeing Kai and Sehun smile at him made his skin crawl.
 
 
 
 
"Chen-chen so owes me for this," Sehun thought mischievously. 
 

Magical Flashback~

Sehun sat back and observed how easily Chen warmed up to Kai and Chanyeol, which was a large feat seeing as Kai and Chanyeol are atleast half insane and very rowdy in a fun loving way. He liked that Chen could adapt so well to friends who were usually hanging out with Xiumin, and knew that if Chen could be friends with more of Xiumin's friends, they could all plan away for the soccer captain and the singer to finally be together. To Sehun's understanding, Chen had liked Xiumin since a brief meeting back in China, just before Xiumin moved and began attending EXO Academy. It had to be fate for Chen to end up at the same place, months within each other, and Sehun thought it was the most cliche story in the book, but it worked for them. Chen bit his lip to try and contain his laughter, tears pooling at his eyes, not a hint of sadness in the bright warm orbs. Sehun picked up his favorite bubble tea and took a sip, secretly smiling behind the can. If anyone deserved their happy ending, it had to be Chen. He was the only teenage boy that Sehun knew who was genuinely innocent, Luhan doesn't count because behind closed doors he is the first to jump Sehun, and a heart made of gold.

"Uh, Kai, can I ask you something?" Sehun tuned back in to see Chen's eyes trained on Kai. Kai blinked, but nodded his head in answering.

"Why-What happened between you and K-Kyungsoo?" Silence. Kai shifted in his chair uncomfortably and looked at the table top, his coffee still steaming. Chanyeol patted his back as comfort. Sehun thought Kai would stay quiet, when the tanned boy sighed.

"He thinks I cheated on him."

"Did you," Chen asked bluntly, his eyes curious. Kai looked straight into Chen's eyes, his expression completely miserable.

"I'd never even dream of it. I may come off as an egotistical jerk, but I'd never ever play with Kyungsoo's heart like that. He was my first and I want him to be my last. Everyone always talks about the one, someone who you meet and you just know you want to be with them forever and always keep them by your side. You want to give them everything and it doesn't matter what because you'll do anything to get it. Well, to me, that's Kyungsoo. He's the one." Sehun had never faced this type of Kai before, someone serious and on the verge of a massive heartbreak. Kai was usually cocky, hilarious, and crazy. This was new for Sehun, and he felt respect for his Hyung.

"Then why won't he talk to you? I always ask him, but he ignores me," Chen's shoulders dropped,"I can see pain in his eyes every time I say your name, but I know he still loves you alot. He's just really stubborn."

"Trust me, I know how Kyungsoo is. He's been avoiding me and he wont let me talk to him. All I did was go home for the weekend and hang out with my friend Taemin. Then I came back, and Kyungsoo is calling me cheater and saying he doesn't want to be with me anymore. But even if he was serious, I can't stop loving him and I'm not going to try." Then there was a sniffle.

"My K-Kai is growing up!" Chanyeol, the dramatic queen that he is, flung his arms around Kai and pulled him into a tight hug. Kai merely returned the hug with a small smile, happy he had finally gotten his problem off of his chest.

"Well, I know how to fix this!" Sehun had gotten one of those imaginary light bulbs flashing just above his head. His eyes lit up as the plan formulated, and yes, it was perfect.

"And how exactly are you going to do that?"

"Well, today Xiumin's position as captain is going to finalized, so we should throw a party. All we need is for Chen to bring Kyungsoo, and you guys will have nowhere to go so you'll have to talk it out." Yes, Sehun was a genius.

"B-But, me and X-Xiumin . . ." Chen's face reddened, and he looked towards his fingers where they twiddled with each other.

"Whoa, it's you, isn't it," Kai exclaimed loudly, pointing at Chen and ignoring the stares. Chen bit his lip and Sehun swore he was a puppy.

"W-What are you talking about?" Kai clapped his hands together.

"The guy who sent Xiumin those notes, it's you right?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Yeah, you flinch anytime we say his name."

"Do not!"

"Xiumin."

Chen flinched.

"So will you?" Sehun could tell that Kai was excited because if anyone could get Kyungsoo to go, Chen could.

"I-I, uh-"

"Just think about it, you and Xiumin (Chen flinched) slow dancing under the stars and he looks up at you from his lowly height and says, 'Oh Chen, I'm sooooo~ in love with you." Chen covered his face, and Chanyeol continued where Kai left off, finding fun in making Chen flustered.

"And then he'll be all 'Chen, I kept every note and they touched my heart so deeply, I don't want to spend another night without you." Chen, face covered over with red peeking through his fingers, sighed.

"I-I'll do it."

Magical Flashback End~

Chen sat in his desk near the left portion of his Chemistry II class, hunched over his desk as if hiding something of value. To him, the small slip of paper his pen scrawled across was of value, a value only someone in love could understand. His glasses slowly drooped lower and lower, forcing the male to pause writing and push the glasses up with the index finger of his right hand. Putting his left hand back to work, Chen lightly gnawed at his lower lip, thinking of the perfect words to fit the new piece of paper, the color reminding him of the color of egg shells, gloriously white. So far, 3 pieces of similar paper lay balled up at the edge of his desk, threatening to fall over, but Chen took no notice. Bits and pieces of the lecture surrounding Hydrochloric Acid Bases drifted to Chen, but he had already finished all of his work for the entire week, and usually used the class as a thinking ground. A sigh left his figure as he tore up the egg shell white paper, replacing it with another, beginning again. His mind couldn't function correctly no matter how much he wanted to write out his feelings. The pit of his stomach gurgled and spun, a visual of the night to come crossing his vision and making the boy slightly dizzy. He had agreed, knowing deep down he was frightened, but this was a chance that Sehun, Kai, and Chanyeol had provided. He wanted to take it and use it and he wanted to help Kyungsoo. Spending time with Kai was confirmation to Chen that the tan male did care for his 'Umma' of sorts. Shutting his eyes, Chen set down his favorite pen and set down his glasses. Going without them for a piece of the day had given Chen a new sense of identity, he liked it.

"Hey gorgeous," a classmate whispered from his right, "What's your number?"

Then again.

 

 

 

 

:) I hoped you guys liked this crazy mess! XD And I wrote so much. My gosh, I'm sorry for forcing you to read all of this . Just be prepared for complete chaos next chapter. Woohyun will either appear next chapter or on the next colored note, which I want you guys to decide the color. It just has to be a really nice shade of a color, not just a boring color like "red" or "yellow." You could say "Crimson", or "butter."

Annyeong~