Periwinkle 2/2

Love Notes at My Door

This is so NOT what your expecting. And its pretty short since its just part two and not a different color (which will be longer than this) Please dont throw rocks at me. I'm allergic . /runs away and hops in water proof, fire proof, electric proof, bullet proof, death proof bubble


Xiumin could feel the note burning in his pocket, his reflexes screaming for him to find somewhere quiet to read the words. The group split; Baekhyun dragging Luhan away from his lover to head for music practice, a forlorn Sehun following Kai in his search for Kyungsoo, and Lay leaving with Chanyeol to drop their bags off. Xiumin followed the singers, assuming they would be the least troublesome, later he would most definitely be happy with his decision. Neither paid him any attention, too caught up in their conversation over a song each sang in Hangeul and Chinese. The walk was short, Xiumin trailing behind and pressing his hand against his pocket. Luhan stopped by a door and opened it, and a beautiful voice singing from the inside caught Xiumin off guard. The pair walked inside, and Xiumin pondered on who the person behind the voice was, besides Luhan, there was no one else he knew that sang in Chinese so beautifully. He stepped inside behind the two, and saw a boy standing on the stage, his eyes closed, mouth
opened wide and singing from his very soul.

Xiumin had never seen someone so determined, so captivating, his voice ringing out across the entire room, wrapping around him as if his voice were a blanket, making his heart crave to hear more. Xiumin pressed his back towards the door silently, his bright brown eyes trained on the male standing stock still on stage, his voice vibrating the air. Who was he? Where did he come from? Xiumin had never seen the boy before, not that his memory recalls, but he wished he had because he had also never seen someone so gorgeous before. His hair a raven black, framing his perfect face, his thin lips moving, shaping the words he sang. His skin was pale, his frame tall and lean, the uniform making him resemble someone out of a comic book. Xiumin had another urge to read the note, and internally fought with himself until he came to the conclusion to read the note, then return his focus. 
"Dear Xiumin,
I hope you slept well, because you deserve all the rest in the world. I decided to leave you another note this early morning because I couldn't help myself. I could barely sleep wondering how you looked when you read my first note. Did your face become plush, your pretty cheeks fluffing up like when your bored or hungry? I like that expression the most because your cute. I wish I could hold your hand, but mostly that you could hold mine. This is the first time I've ever been in love, and I have no idea what to do. Every time I think of you, your eyes of midnight, voice sweeter than any honey, I'm left breathless. 

Until next time, please don't stress yourself out too much. I worry." Xiumin smiled, cheeks becoming prominent, and pressed the slip back into his pocket just as the music stopped. The boy on stage stood frozen, his eyes finally open and staring at Xiumin as if he had two heads. The soccer star cleared his throat silently, and pushed off from the wall.
"Sorry, if I interrupted your practice," Xiumin nervously called, happy his voice had yet to crack, "Your voice is really pretty and I just wanted to listen." The boy's jaw tightened and his eyes visibly widened.
"You were singing in Chinese right? You sounded better than Luhan." Xiumin sent the male an endearing smile, only to be met with his turned back as he dashed across the stage and disappeared behind the large curtains usually seen on large scale stages rather than one fit for a classroom. The jaded curtain, a deep velvety red, shook with an evanescent  movement, one blink of the eye and the curtain stood still once again. The stage stood bare, the room devoid of sound and motion after the strangers hasty departure.
"Wait-" Xiumin unconsciously reached towards the male's back, as if he had reached just a bit farther he could touch the material of the warm academy uniform,watching a piece of purple paper fall from his clothes. Was that . . . Periwinkle? Xiumin ignored the scowling from Kyungsoo and Baekhyun and the demand for an apology by Luhan, walking over to the perfectly proportioned stage and climbing the stage stairwell. He jogged over to where the note lay, pulling the one from the confines of his pocket to compare. They were of the same texture as well as peculiar color, Xiumin was positive. He took the new note and began to inspect it, looking at both sides and only finding two sentences scrawled across the back, both crossed out with perfect lines Xiumin could only produce with a ruler.
"Dear Xiumin 
I'm scared of what you'll think when you meet me. I'm scared you'll see of what little worth I am and wish you hadn't wasted your time." That person singing had been his admirer? Then why, Xiumin wondered with clear annoyance noted in the furrow of his brow, why did he run? Feeling his lips draw into a pout, Xiumin turned back to the eyes grazing across his body. 
"Thanks for intruding Xiumin," Kyungsoo muttered, Xiumin could taste the sarcasm, "What are you even doing here?" Xiumin's mouth parted to form some snarky comment of his own and insist his innocence against the accusing stares, but his secret would be compromised in the process. 
"Nothing." Xiumin quickly disposed of the two purple/blue notes in his back pocket before the attention was brought to the pretty letters.
"We do have practice, and last time I checked, you can't even sing a scale," Luhan insulted, still upset over being second place, "So do us a favor and get your out." Xiumin puffed up his cheeks as a means of intimidation, but all it really did was pass him off as an adorable child.
"Has anyone told you your cheeks look like buns?" Suho randomly commented, staring at Xiumin like he was an appetizer.
"Go eat Lay," Xiumin spat, crossing his arms and crossing the stage to the edge; he felt much more confident due to the fact he towered over everyone, "And what crawled up your Lulu?" Suho stared wide-eyed and gaping, cheeks flushing over into a pretty rose color; Luhan stuck out his tongue in a childish gesture and rolled his eyes.
"Not only have you undermined my intelligence with that idiotic question, you ruined our practice by scaring off my partner, and you said I can't sing!"
"Is that all?"     
"I have no clue what anyone would see in you. You have the mind of a crayon," Kyungsoo said while Luhan nodded his head in agreement.
"Well, you look like a deer." Their small banter lasted for a few more insults, until Tao threatened to leave them all in the hospital for a month. 
"Okay, I'm going," Xiumin said as Kyungsoo and Baekhyun each pushed his shoulders towards the door, "Hey, who touched my !" Xiumin swiped at the hands behind him before be unceremoniously pushed out of the music room with Tao.
"Why are singers so mean?"  
"I don't know Tao, I think its a brain malfunction." The duo walked from the music room and out into the sun. Xiumin liked being with Tao; he was funny and sweet in his own way and they both loved soccer. It was easy to speak to Tao despite appearances and even easier to become best friends with someone so fun.
"Hey Tao, can I ask you something?" Xiumin and Tao had been heading for the main building for weight training.
"Yeah, what?" Xiumin wasn't sure where to begin. How could he ask about that boy? That boy with the amazing voice?
"Um. Do you . . . K-know that guy?"
"Of course I do," Tao responded,"We're bestfriends." Xiumin face-palmed.
"Ugh, sometimes I can't stand you." Tao laughed and even snorted, his face scrunched up with child-like pleasure.
"Really, who are we talking about?" 
"The boy . . . Who was singing?" Xiumin glanced at Tao's face to see the younger male smiling.
"Why? Hmmm?" Tao nudged Xiumin with his elbow as they stepped into the bright room filled with sweaty soccer players. 
"I was just wondering . . . Who is he?" Tao opened his mouth to reply, but his eyes instantly curved into crescents and his mouth curling into an even more infectious smile. Only one person known to man could pull that kind of response out of the center fielder.
"DHUIZANG~" Xiumin watched Tao run towards EXO Academy's soccer captain with a hop in his step. Kris dropped his weights and caught his favorite panda in a hug filled of sweat and sweet, sweet love. Tao curled into Kris' hold despite the grossness of it all and nuzzled Kris' neck, practically purring in his boyfriend's hold. They were the soccer team couple, and everyone knew to look for one, you would find the other. Kris not only looked after Tao off the field, but he guarded his every move on the field, no matter what.
"Don't they just make you sick sometimes?" Lay spoke out of nowhere, almost giving Xiumin whiplash.
"No," Xiumin answered as he looked on, "Its actually really sweet." Maybe . . . I could have that too, with him. Xiumin dropped his bag along the vacant wall located on the right side and let his mind wander as he warmed up with stretching. 

 

 

"Please let me waste my time."