Aquamarine 3/4

Love Notes at My Door

This is merely a filler. But next chapter, be prepared for the onslaught of fluffiness. ^^


Chen couldn't sleep, and due to his lack of sleep, he could barely keep awake in the morning and eat, and because he couldn't eat, he felt empty. But it was fine, because then he would think of Xiumin and everything else soon became irrelevant. Kyungsoo smiled as he tied Chen's shoes and pulled him out into the hallway. Suho stood feet away, and waved at the two when he noticed them. Kyungsoo pulled the daydreaming Chen along with him, feeling his own happiness flare as he remembered how Kai held his hand last night, how Kai refused to let him walk away. Kyungsoo felt his heart beat deeply, keeping a steady pace, and he knew it was Kai's doing. With Chen in tow, Kyungsoo walked over to Suho and the trio left for the main building.

"I guess the both of you have fixed your problems?" Suho asked with a genuine smile, his face practically blinding anyone who could bear to look. Kyungsoo nodded his head while Chen smiled into space. In that moment, it reminded Suho too much of Lay. He could remember the times he would just stare at the pretty Chinese male while he in turn stared at absolutely nothing. Suho shook his head to clear the thoughts away, and decided not to think of Lay again. It was useless, seeing as Lay wanted nothing to do with him. 

"Yeah, Kai cussed a lot during our talk, but I don't mind it anymore. He said he was mine just as much as I am his. What book do you think he got those lines from?"

"Kai can read?" Kyungsoo rolled his eyes while Chen managed to find his way back and laugh profusely at Suho's statement. The sun was bright and glowing, large fluffy clouds in constant motion and the buzz of conversing students all around. Unconsciously, Chen looked around, hoping maybe he could catch a glimpse of Xiumin just to be sure everything that had happened the night prior had not been a dream; the patch of skin Xiumin kissed was still warm. 

"Yes, he can read. Just not really big words- wait, shut up!Suho smiled as they walked for the music building, they practiced every morning and it had been that way for a long time. Suho had a performance coming up at the school festival right before the soccer game, and he had been practicing with Baekhyun and Kyungsoo for weeks.

"Hey Su, what are you going to do about Lay?" Kyungsoo was one of the few people that knew the full story between the Student Council President and the soccer team's goalie. It was extremely sad and Kyungsoo felt bad for Suho, especially when the older male didn't cry. It's not that he didn't want to cry, for all he knew, Suho probably wanted to go into full 'sobbing and shortness of breath' mode, but there was just one thing.

Suho couldn't cry. He had tried, plenty of times in reality, but anytime Suho felt his chest tightening and his throat clenching, there was no prickling of the eyes, no tears b, nothing. All he could do was sit still and wait for the pain to go away, his chest feeling hollow and empty. If he would just cry, Suho thinks he would feel relieved. If he could just shed his tears he needed to get out, maybe he could forget about Lay and how much it hurt to be left that might, after he had opened up his heart completely only to be smashed to pieces. 

"Nothing. He doesn't want to be with me, so the only thing I can do is accept that." Even if I know the person he should be with is me. I wish I knew why he changed his mind. I wish I knew how I could get over him. 

"So you're just going to give up?"

"Yes, why?" 

"But you've been sad like this for weeks Su; maybe if you tried talking to him he would listen."

"Lay's been with enough people to know his type. I just don't fit. Now can we drop it? I'd rather mope when I'm alone. And there's plenty of fish in the sea. I could date Lim"

"You said she talked too much."

"Then Yubin."

"You said she didn't talk enough."

"Then-"

"Look, besides the fact that your gay, you're in love with that Unicorn (Kyungsoo had adopted the term from Xiumin), and no one else will be as good. So just talked to him, at least one time, and then you can do what you want. But being all depressed is just not you, and I should know. I've had to see your stupid pretty face all day." Suho ignored Kyungsoo's nagging, blocking it out in 'blah blah blah' format, and shoved his hands in his pockets, his bag pooling at his wrist. He could be straight if he wanted, he had dated girls before (not that they were ever as exciting as being with Lay) and he was the one to initiate the breakup (it was a really big deal that LAY broke up with him) and hope they could just stay friends (Lay didn't even want to be in the same room as him). Playing with the ring of keys in his pocket, Suho walked into the Fine Arts building with Chen and Kyungsoo, walking yet not seeing anything in front of him. He almost passed their practice room if not for Kyungsoo flicking the back of his neck.

"Are you back now?" Suho nodded his head, deciding revenge could wait, and pulled the keys from his pocket and without looking put the correct one in the keyhole, turning the key and successfully opening the door. The lights were already with Baekhyun and Chanyeol cuddling on stage while Luhan held a piece of paper to his face, murmuring his lines for a play he was working on. The moment they all looked towards the door, the atmosphere fell. Suho and Kyungsoo gave them each puzzled looks while Chen entered unaffected. He didn't notice the looks of guilt filtering through the couple and Luhan's face. He wasn't even sure where exactly he was. 

 

 

 

If he ever found out . . .

 

 

No one could even picture it.

 

Chen flipped through his notebook to the blue note he had slipped inside just before leaving the dorm. Professor Onew stumbled over his lecture in Literary Periods while trying his best not to trip over his own feet. Text book forgotten, Chen dreamily sighed as the note met his eyes, glasses free. He decided he didn't need them anymore.

"Dear Xiumin,

Would you mind going on a date with me? And nothing like a movie, because I actually want to talk to you and not pay for something I could see with someone less important. I want to take you somewhere special. :)

Love, Chen"

Sweat trickled down Xiumin's neck as eyed the ball, his teammate Jinyoung smirking from the other side. Practice had just begun with a mock match to test his capabilities as a captain. Eyeing Jinyoung's weak spot, he had a tendency to lean more on the left hemisphere of his body, and waited to hear the starting whistle. He could literally see each move, how he would dive past Jinyoung to leave him confused while stealing the ball from out under his feet and then racing for Lay. In all honesty, Lay would be the challenge. Just as Xiumin began to lean forward, the whistle sounded and he took off, mimicking what he had imagined and easily stealing the ball from Jinyoung and continuing down the field with the red head on his heel. With determination boiling in his veins, Xiumin kicking the ball further ahead, Lay standing close by, shaking his as he leaned in.

"You're not going to make it passed me," Lay called tauntingly. It could possibly be true, so Xiumin decided to play dirty just once.

"Suho has a girlfriend!" The affect was instantaneous; Lay lost his footing for a second and Xiumin kicked the ball, the object sailed through the air and hit the net.

"D-Does he really?" Lay asked as Xiumin got closer, a frown on his pretty face. Xiumin merely smiled and shook his head.

"Nope!"

"YOU CHEATED!" Eventually Tao was forced to take Lay's place before the main goalie continued to choke the life out of the captain.

"You need to work on your mental skills," Xiumin called as Seyong escorted Lay off of the field. Lay turned back and stuck out his tongue.

"Just you wait!" Lay wasn't angry in the least, but he was going to get his revenge one way or another. All he said was that Suho had a g-girlfriend. W-Why did I react that way if I- . No. NO. You do NOT want him back. You gave that up so stop beating so fast. You don't deserve him. You hurt him and you pretended not to care because you weren't ready, what makes you think you are now?! You're just jealous because he can find anyone, someone better than you will ever be.

Tao was not the greatest of goalies, seeing as he was used to kicking and not catching, but he tried his best against Xiumin and his team, consisting of Seyong, Gongchan, Jihoon, and Jongup. Gongchan was in possession of the ball, his boyfriend literally ignoring everyone else and chasing after him. Jinyoung managed to steal the ball with pat to his lover’s bottom and turned the tide to the other side of the field, where the goalie was Neil, a left fielder. Jongup ran after Jinyoung, Daehyun from the opposite team trying to cut him off. Xiumin dashed through them and dove, his left leg easily stealing the ball and kicking it back towards the two. They kicked it to Seyong who was closest to their goal and he made the winning shot.

"IN YOUR FACE JINYOUNG, PAY UP," Seyong called, raising his hands in the air and cheering solo. Jinyoung sighed and reached into the pocket of his tights for the money. 

"It's not fair," Jinyoung accused, slapping the money into Seyong's hand, "You had freaking Captain on your team. How the hell am I supposed to compete that?"

"Hey, don't feel so bad Jinnie, you did pretty well for an amateur."

"Hey, don't call him Jinnie!" Gongchan appeared and wrapped his arms around Jinyoung possessively, squinting his eyes at Seyong. 

"Jinnie, Jinnie, Jinnie."

"YAH!"

Xiumin had watched the interaction between his teammates, guilty as charged.

 

 

 

 

 

^^