Red Winter Wine 1/8

Love Notes at My Door

So, these chapters will kindof focus on Xiumin trying to train for the match with Woohyun and how his guilt is already starting to eat away at him. It's definitely not as fluffy like last chapter, but then theres super fluffy parts in there.

I'm jsut weird I guess. XDDD 

And if you'll notice, I decided on 'Red Winter Wine' suggested by forheart since it just sounds so cool. XD BUT I thank everyone for their suggestions and I can't wait for more when I need to decide for the next chapter title.

Oh, and if you squint you can see a little Xiuhan, just a little I swear! !

A tiny bit of Baekyeol

And some Some Sulay

This and part two had originally been one big chapter, but I thought the flow would be better if I split it in two little chapters .


The soccer ball began to swell as Xiumin dashed towards it, his body flinging itself through the wind and across the thin glass shards of grass, stinging pain running along the pads of his feet as they began to drip blood across the green thorns. The jolt of inexplicable fire that burned his feet nearly threw Xiumin off course as he came closer, closer, the ball protruding, growing massive in his view. His chest heaved puffs of much needed air as he ran across the field, his blood leaving a trail behind, grass tips painted scarlet, droplets of the wine dribbling down the thistles.

"Almost there," Xiumin muttered, unsure of why he felt the need to kick the ball, the need to be there first. And as suddenly as he finds himself closing in, a figure shrouded in darkness brushes passed him and the contact sends him tumbling into the deadly grass, needles piercing almost every inch of his fallen skin. Despite the ache in his very core, Xiumin raises his head to see a different scene, one his heart couldn't comprehend. The dark figure had undergone metamorphosis, transforming into a tall beautiful male with simply perfect features and skin darkened with soccer training. His muscles were much more defined then Xiumin's and he gave the male bleeding into the grass a smirk before the soccer ball erupted into a nothing. The blast blazed for a moment, before another male stood next to Woohyun.

It was Chen; his eyes ignored Xiumin entirely and stayed glued to Woohyun's pretty face. W-Whats going on? Woohyun held out his hand and Chen wasted not another second before taking it, his skin glowing from the contact and almost leaving Xiumin blinded by his innocent light. Why is he going with Woohyun? Woohyun seemed to be tuned to Xiumin's thoughts, turning to give another smirk as he tugged Chen into his muscular arms.

"You lost. You and that ty team never had a chance, and now I have what belongs to me." He made a show of turning Chen's head towards him and hastily crushing their lips together, Chen's eyes squeezing tightly as he released a groan of pleasure. Before he could hold it in, Xiumin's stomach quivered and blood wretched its way up his throat. He had never seen something so disgusting, so heart wrecking, so painful he wanted to die. Woohyun released Chen's lips when he was satisfied before taking his hand and beginning to walk away.

"I love you Woo-XIUMIN WAKE UP!" Xiumin came to with a start and quickly sat up in bed, pressing his fevered head in his throbbing head, flashbacks of the dream leaving him shattered. Luhan noticed that something was wrong, Xiumin usually got up at once after being called, and his skin looked oddly sickle tinged, as if he had gotten sick over night.
"Are you okay Min?" Xiumin shook his head, not willing to trust his voice. He had never had such a vivid nightmare before, or experience the pain embedded in his chest as he saw Woohyun kiss a willing Chen. But Chen would never. He wouldn't betray Xiumin like that. But he would once he finds out you're a lying piece of-

"Min." Luhan closed Xiumin's room door against the frantic noise outside and journey further inside, sitting beside the shaking male and putting a friendly arm around the small boy's shoulder.

"What's wrong?"

"Me." The answer was instant, and Xiumin knew it was true. He was the wrong factor in everything and the sooner Chen realized that, the better. He would bring nothing but pain, and Chen didn't deserve that, he was much too special to be hurt in any way.

"You? What are you talking about? Did last night go bad?" Xiumin shook his head, his fingers remembering Chen's warm fingers wrapped around his, his smooth, soft lips making him see fireworks and stars and his entire life in a moment. That night was the best night of Xiumin's life.

"N-No. It was amazing and special and Chen treated me like I was this important person and he cares about me, but . . . But I shouldn't be treated like that. When he finds out what I agreed to with Woohyun, he'll break my h-heart a-and I'll destroy h-his." 

And suddenly, Xiumin felt the need to cry. He only ever cried when he was extremely overwhelmed, it surprised him that he hadn't cried last night. A tear escaped his eye before he could cover his face and Luhan gentle brushed it away, feeling how boiling Xiumin's cheeks were. He must have had a bad dream. Xiumin cried quickly, tears falling too fast for him to recover himself and Luhan allowed him to bury his face in his neck and cry some more. The door creaked open and Sehun peered inside, looking for Luhan only to see him wrapped around Xiumin.

That liar!

Xiumin, I'll kill you!

He closed the door with a small bump of sound and stomped his way down the hallway.

"In my dream, he kissed W-Woohyun." Luhan threaded his fingers through Xiumin's sweat drenched hair and held him by his lower back.

"But it was just a dream. There's no way Chen would do that in real life. Unless Woohyun kissed him instead." Xiumin flinched and Luhan felt stupid.

"B-But he's r-rich and p-perfect a-a-and I'm nothing." 

"But you love him, and Woohyun doesn't. That's what really matters." Xiumin pulled away and looked at the pretty boy holding him. 

"How did you . . ."

"You're so obvious Min," Luhan laughed and watched Xiumin's face become painted in scarlet, "You look at him the way Sehun looks at me or the way Kai looks at Kyungsoo. And the way he looks at you Xiumin, gosh, it's like you're the only thing he's ever wanted to see. If you tell him about the bet, I know he'll be pissed and hurt for a while, but he'll forgive you because he cares. Woohyun is nothing to him." Sometimes Xiumin thinks Luhan was a mindless airhead who only thought about Disney movies and Sehun, but when he says things that come from the heart, Xiumin could see how smart he really was. His common sense was the problem.

"So stop crying and go take a shower. I have to get to early practice and you need to smile." Xiumin nodded his head and hugged Luhan close, breathing in the scent of fresh peaches and drawing away with a lost look in his eyes. Luhan rolled his eyes and stood, taking Xiumin's hand and pulling him up with him. He walked them over to the door and pulled it open, practically leading the pale boy into the bathroom and closing the door behind him. Xiumin felt weak to the touch and carefully walked over to the shower, the cold tiles burning the soles of his toes and reminding him of the grass stabbing into his skin. It stung considerably and Xiumin felt the tears prick his large, expressive eyes. His stomach clenched the closer he stepped towards the shower, the stinging still there, increasing. It scared him. It scared him more than anything else.

He couldn't shake the dream. Woohyun. Chen. Kissing, and seeming to enjoy it. Xiumin reached over the edge of the tub and turned the tap on weak hands, slowly shedding his clothing and not bothering to kick them off to the side like any other day. He could hear noise beyond the door, someone yelling, but tuning into the noise hurt his head too much. He slipped into the searing water with a crushed heart, the water doing nothing to calm his icy cold skin, but working wonders on his feet. The limbs felt better in a few seconds, and Xiumin slowly leaned against the tiled wall, the steaming water sprinkling over his head and wetting his cold face. I don't know what to do anymore . . . That dream . . . It felt too real. 

The yelling became consistent, and Xiumin couldn't think over the pounding in his head. He turned the shower head off and stepped out into the still warm air, prying a clean towel off of the stack by the sink and wrapping it around his waist. The moment he opened the door, the noise suddenly became words, harsh and ugly.

"WHY ARE YOU SO ING SELFISH!?" It was the first time anyone had heart Suho sound so upset, he was usually sweet and quiet, that beautiful smile lighting his entire face. 

"WHEN WILL YOU GET IT! I DON'T WANT TO BE WITH YOU!" Lay found anger easier to face, to reciprocate, when really he felt guilty and sick. To awake in Suho's arms was all he had been dreaming of for weeks, and for it to happen, his reaction was destructive, pushing Suho away much like last time, his fear of getting close to someone holding him back. 

"YOU K-KNOW WHAT, FINE!" What? Suho breathed deeply, shutting his eyes tightly to combat the irritation in his eyes.This was just too much.

"I must be crazy or have some kind of sick for wanting to be with you when all you do is push me away. Why is it," Suho opened his eyes, "That you can tell me you love me only in your dreams? Why can't you tell me to my face." Lay opened his mouth to reply, yet Suho raised his hand.

"Wait, don't answer that. I don't want to know." He his heel to walk away, uncaring towards the six pairs of eyes following his stiff movement. I was stupid for thinking I could change his mind, crazy even. He ignored his shoes and stepped out into the sunlight barefooted and cold, but he didn't care. And the fact that Lay did nothing to stop him only made it worse. 

"What the are you still doing here," Baekhyun hissed from the side, deciding it would be best to kick Lay's for him to go find Suho. They didn't know the situation entirely, but by the look of heartbreak on Lay's face, they were certain he was supposed to be with Suho right now, not pitifully staring at the floor, "Are you that stupid?"

"Baek-" Chanyeol placed his hand on Baekhyun's shoulder, only to be shrugged off.

"No, Lay you need to go after him. Now." Lay looked up blindly, his eyes drooping in his confusion.

"The longer you stay standing there, the farther he'll get away. If you care at all, you'll go." And finally, as if a gun had pelted through the core of his chest, Lay turned away and ran for the door, flinging the door open and revealing his form clad in light blue pajamas, unicorns prancing across the fabric. He didn't care what anyone thought of him as he used his soccer toned legs and raced down the sidewalk, pebbles and jagged rocks pushing into the sensitive flesh of his feet and annoying him even more. He was stupid, he knows, but right now he just wanted to find Suho and apologize, for being a coward, for yelling at him when he knew he shouldn't, he deserved to be yelled at.

At the sight of his sullen form, Lay ran faster, reaching his arm out and snatching at Suho's arm, catching him by surprise and making him stop in his tracks. He turned back slowly, only to have his shirt tugged forward and into inviting lips. This was new. When they were together, Suho had been so scared to kiss Lay like this, teeth biting at lips with ferocious movement, a tongue pried into his mouth and elliciting a feeling of deep happiness. No, they had never kissed like this, not even the night where they almost . . . Suho had kept it light.

"I'm sorry," Lay mumbled against his lips, "I'm really sorry."

"If your sorry," Suho whispered against his lips, kissing him with the movement, "Say it." Lay hummed in reply, closing his eyes and pressing his lips against Suho's briefly. When he pulled away, he quickly pulled Suho into a bone crushing hug and whispered in his ear with a tiny, shy voice. It was his first time saying this to any boy, girl, person with intimate intent.

"Joonmyeon, I love you. I've always loved you, I was just too stupid and scared to let you in and see. But I love you, and I'm going to try my best not to disappoint you."

"Finally," Suho murmured, "Yixing, I missed you."

"I missed you too Joonie."

 

Finally, my love for Sulay just had to go and put them togther. ^^ XD