Lemon Chiffon Cake 2/2

Love Notes at My Door

Color choosing time is here again, any color suggestions, perhaps a new color, just post it in a comment, ^^ I'm thinking about some kind of intensity coming up in the next chapters so please pick the perfect color for me. :)))) I'm having so much fun with this, and oh my gosh, I just love spazzing over every single one of you lovelies. Just let me send you cookies and milk, please ? XD 

Anywhooo, oh my gosh they kissed and even I felt like I lost my mind (see what I did there ? Okay, lame. I know. ;_;) while I was writing it since I simply love them and all of the exo pairings. XD

And and and . . . Some more of that rebellious Sulay. Smh, when will they learn ?

Oh, and the song I used was Let Love Bleed Red by Sleeping With Sirens.


"What is it . . . That you like so much about me," Xiumin suddenly asked as an airplane sounded overhead, a drawling boom of noise neither had suspected. Chen blinked in surprise at such a question, he was still taking his time peeking under Xiumin's shell. 

"The truth is . . . We've met before, and from then I knew I liked everything about you" Chen mumbled, his eyes reverting back to see the day he was lost, to the pale hand that had taken his and led him to safety. He would never forget the day Xiumin saved him, saved him from making such a big mistake. He watched Xiumin's brow crumple in confusion and thought.

"But I don't remember meeting you before." Chen tried to ignore the stinging pain trampling over his heart and tried to think of everything logically. It had been a long time ago, such a long time ago even he was surprised he still remembered. They were so much younger then.

"It was a long time ago, back home in China. My parents had just found the house they wanted to raise me in, and they were planning on staying for a few hours before another business trip came up. And I always hated that," His parents were business venture tycoons. They valued their work and even after Chen was born, passed him off into their tight schedule."It was them, and then there was me with different nannies or maids whose faces I could barely remember and who spoke mandarin too fast for me to comprehend. I hated being there, so I ran away. I actually only made it a few blocks before I collapsed . . . And that's when your soccer ball hit the back of my head." Xiumin choked up a bit at hearing he kicked a soccer ball into Chen's head, and instantly reached his hand to pat his straightened locks in apology.

"That's actually the same thing you did then, you helped me to my feet and wouldn't stop reaching up to touch the sore spot you made. And I couldn't be mad at you, because I thought you were beautiful. I think your even more beautiful now." Xiumin pressed his hand deeper into Chen's hair without his body's consent and used his other hand to grip onto the other side of his pretty head to tilt his face towards him. The night was quiet, only the wind whispering in Xiumin's ear, telling to do things his mind couldn't comprehend. He could see Chen's eyes shining in the luminous light of the flashlights, he could see that look, the one where he knows he's the only thing Chen is looking at and knowing that makes Xiumin feel so lightheaded and breathless without it having anything to do with their current altitude.

Kiss him.

Let yourself go.

No more thinking.

Just kiss him.

"You led me home," Chen whispered, their faces shifting close enough for breaths to linger, "And I never forgot." Xiumin attempted to calm his erratically beating heart and found himself unable, the blood pounding in his ear in a nonstop repeat of beats and before he could fully comprehend what happening, feathery soft lips pressed against his in an inexperienced matter. He didn't move, the shock wave of Chen's lips too strong for him to handle. They were so soft, brushing over his lips slightly, and they were so sweet. Xiumin didn't know kissing someone could feel like eating cake. The kiss would be deemed cute by Luhan and amateur by Kai, mere lips finding refuge in eachother, mouths closed and much too nervous to cause the slightest movement. Xiumin pushed his lips against Chen's a bit harder, greedily storing the feel and sensation away in his sprinting heart and finding his fingers gripping the hair between his fingers in a  reflexive move. They had only kissed for a few moments, but it had felt like an eternity, a neverending tide of  give and take.

It was slow. 

It was shy.

It was absolutely perfect. Xiumin pulled away when his chest began to constrict, his grip still firm in Chen's much too soft hair, and gentle inhaled through his nose. He opened his eyes slowly to meet Chen's brown orbs and flushed face, his tongue jutting out to wet his bottom lip. 

"D-Did we just . . ." Xiumin asked with his heart tumbling over itself as it did victory laps inside his chest. From the bottom of his peripheral he saw Chen swallow before mumbling a small 'yes.' 

"A-Again" Chen murmured, closing his eyes as his lips trembled, "Please." Xiumin smiled at the expression before he closed his as well and pressed his lips back against Chen's. The fire danced across his flesh in sweltering heat, melting him away into pure ash, destroying him completely until there was absolutely nothing else he wanted more. The sticknotes attached to their faces rubbed gently against bare cheeks and tickled them to the point where they began to laugh with their lips faintly pressed against one another. Xiumin's fingers retracted from Chen's hair and held onto the boy's shoulders as he giggled against his neck. Chen laughed as well, almost falling over, his stomach filled so much to the brim with air he thought if not for Xiumin he might just float away and live amongst the stars. 

Lay refused to fall asleep. And the reason behind this came in the form of his two options, cramming his neck against the chair arm and risking the biggest crick in his neck the history has ever know, or dos, laying his head against Suho's perfectly sculpted shoulder and dreaming dreams of the said male all night long. So with the choices provided, Lay decided checking off none of the above and staying awake to watch another scary movie of epic bloody proportions. His eyelids drooped with sleepiness and he fought his swaying head to stay up. Must stay . . . Awake, and if not . . . Lean . . . For the . . . Cushion! Lay's head swayed slightly as his battle to stay awake came to an end, pretty thick lashes meeting his sad cheeks as he head simply fell forward. 

"So stubborn," a voice whispered by his side, much too far away for Lay's brain to comprehend in his sleepy stupor. He mumbled a few intelligible words before a hand gently pressed the side of his head into a soft pillow that seemed to come alive beneath him. He rubbed his cheek against the pillow and smiled as he found sleep naturally. 

"I like you best when you're like this," Suho murmured, ignoring the dragging noises around him and Sehun's snoring behind Luhan. All he could focus on was Lay, and the way his bangs fell against his face in curled pieces, his countenance free of all the sadness and pain. He was such a beauty as he slept, Suho had missed spending endless morning hours watching him sleep. Gunwoo used to call him weird, but Suho was simply fascinated by the tall boy.  

"Soo-soo, I'm sleepy," Kai mumbled. He leaned against Kyungsoo fully and refused to remove himself when Kyungsoo pushed him away.

"Then go to your bed Kai," Kyungsoo whispered back with his eyes glued to the TV screen. He was addicted to scary movies and he wanted to see that Xiumin and Chen came back safely so he could go home with him.

"Come with me!"

"No!"

"Why?" Kai was bent on taking Kyungsoo with him when he went to bed. He wanted to hold something big enough to fit in his arms.

"I won't want to leave," Kyungsoo whispered, "And I know I'll have to."

"Can't Chen go without you for one night?" Kai was beginning to become annoy with Kyungsoo's protest, he just wanted him for one night!

"No. And if it'll stop your whining, I'll sing you to sleep." It was good enough.

"Let's go," Kai whispered excitedly before tugging Kyungsoo and himself up to their feet. They trudged passed the TV and left the three couples. Baekhyun and Chanyeol had long fallen asleep, one practically barking in his sleep while the other whistled. How Lay had even bothered to go to sleep under all of their noise, Suho didn't want to know. He sighed and pressed his hands into the hair splashed out against this shoulder. He could tell Lay had washed his hair hours ago, the strands were still a bit damp. 

"W-We should put our locks on the wall. I don't want to keep you out too late." Truth is, I wish I could keep you with me forever. They both mutually agreed that they should finish writing their notes and set up their locks before beginning the long trek back home. Chen reached for the stack of unused notes and touched the adhesive side. Xiumin too reached for that side, his hand coming into contact with fingers who warmed him to his very soul. Nothing else could. They each quietly looked at their hands, the vast contrast of complexion between the two, the singer and the soccer player. They could see the differences so clear, one hidden away under the cover of a single voice, the other ed into the spotlight due to a massive talent he had worked so hard on and was still in the process of perfecting.

But then, they could see the same. The same shy smile, the same shaking eyes and shaking hands. Chen could see how bright Xiumin seemed to shine up close and Xiumin could see how beautiful Chen really was. They each liked what they saw, and with this in mind they wrote of acceptance, of completion, and with eyes wide open and hands held tight, Chen helped Xiumin reached the perfect height to clip his sea foam green lock onto the gate full of other wishes, full of other lovely dreams

"My heart has never felt more complete then when I'm with you. Thank you for being with me tonight." Chen locked his next to Xiumin's, making sure he was still close to the acrophobic boy.

"This night couldn't be more perfect. I've only come to love you more." After looking over their locks with cherished smiles, Chen held out his hand for Xiumin to take and the smaller male easily slipped his hand into the bigger pair. They walked back to their little blanket and sticky notes portraying childish drawings with two flashlights shining a light up to the sky. Xiumin smiled as he saw the side of his note sticking to Chen's cheek as the boy bent down to collect the items of their date. It only took him a moment to fill the two bags before taking Xiumin's hand again and leading him towards the elevator. Watching the back of Chen's head was fascinating, seriously. Xiumin smiled a dreamy smile and found his spot within the elevator. Chen pressed the ground level floor and kept his eyes trained ahead. He was nervous to even look at Xiumin again, everything was so overwhelming and he felt a heart attack was inevitable. But at the tug of his hand, his neck snapped as he looked over only to have a kiss stolen from his lips. 

"That was f-for . . . Helping me get over my f-fear of heights." Chen bit his lip out of nervous habit.

"I'm sorry I didn't know. I should've taken you somewhere normal." He still felt horrible for subjecting the love of his life to something as harsh as facing a fear.

"No. I loved every minute of it. I really like . . . Being with you." I wish our date didn't have to end. As they talked, the floor number decreased until the doors were opening on the bottom floor. Ding.


"Suho," Luhan murmured and looked away from the movie, "I'm taking Sehunnie to bed, so just leave the TV on . . Or turn off . . . Or whatever." With that being said, the beautiful boy slipped from Sehun's weak grasp and onto the carpeted floor. He turned back and took Sehun by the shoulders to shake him a little. Sehun woke up instantly, blinking away and looking around confusedly.

"Hannie?" Luhan giggled silently and took Sehun's hand, it had been grasping at air, and pulled him up.

"Bedtime for us Hunnie." Sehun bobbed his head along to the words and Sehun smiled as they walked away. It was a few minutes later,  when Suho heard Lay grumble in his sleep. He knew for a fact that it was a habit since childhood and he thought it was adorable.

"Moon," Lay mumbled in his sleep, he shifted his head closer to Suho's neck and produced a sound stuck between a moan of content and a groan of pain. Suho wanted to wake him, shake him into the real world and tell him he was fine, but he couldn't.

"Joon-myeon, I'm . . . sorry." Suho stopped breathing, "Still . . .  so in love with you." Suho palmed the remote from the empty couch beside him and pressed the power button. He couldn't think with the screaming in his ear or now with his own deep breathing. Lay had finally admitted to him that he loved him . . . In his sleep. How is that even valid!? Suho had no idea what he was supposed to do. Wake him up? Let him sleep as if he had said nothing? Pretend they meant nothing to eachother like he had for the past few weeks? Why couldn't Lay be like the others? Why did he have to be so complicated? Suho still couldn't comprehend how he manage to wreck his world with nothing but a smile. He could just loath him. 

Loath him to the deepest trenches of his soul.

"I still love you too Yixing." Maybe you won't push me away when we wake up. Maybe I won't be such a coward and let you get away if you do. I'm tired of fighting. Suho leaned his head back against the couch and closed his eyes, seeping into dreams filled with gallant unicorns and a sleeping prince he must find. Elsewhere, Kai and Kyungsoo were still awake.

"Soo, stay." Kai had been wrestling with Kyungsoo to keep him in bed and inside of his arms. His room was naturally cold and Kai wanted to steal all of the body heat he could.

"Jongin, no. I told you I would sing you a lullaby, so get under the covers, shut up, and listen." Kai pouted, Kyungsoo wasn't the only one who could be fooled by it, and complied. He released Kyungsoo and crawled under his covers, his head propped up against his pillows as he stared at the male expectantly. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before opening his mouth and singing lowly so as not to disturb the pair walking into the room next door.

"Oh, here where we lie,

Outstretched to wonder why we don't belong 

You deserve much more, and I'll give until I'm all gone," Kai loved Kyungsoo's voice. He loved how he could express every single emotion thrumming through him with singing, and how amazing it felt to be sung to. He yawned silently, trying to stay awake to hear Kyungsoo for a little longer.

"Forever know your face

And ever take your place here
by my side," It was becoming hard to fing the weight of his eyelids, so Kai settled for listening and giving his eyes a rest from the light.

"Like a ghost into the night,

The poisoned apple to my bite,

I'll be the shadow at your door,

I'll be the moth into your light,

'Cause you deserve much more," Kyungsoo smiled, Kai had fallen asleep, his face smooth of emotion and mouth hanging open. Shaking his head, Kyungsoo gently rose from the bed and walked towards the door, turning the lights out as he closed the brown wood and walked down the dark hallway. Everyone had fallen into slumber, Sehun's whispery snores permeated the air coupled with Baekhyun and Chanyeol's weird sleeping habits from the living room. Kyungsoo easily found the remote placed where Hunhan had sat and he sat against the couch and turned the TV back on to occupy his time. He turned it down considerably and watched a girl be fed to a sewer monster with glee. Something inside of just kept screaming,

Best. Night. Ever.

"I guess this is where I-I go inside?" Xiumin had no wish to leave Chen's side, to go back to his cold room and continue to wish that his personal sun was still there to keep him warm. Chen had been quiet the entire car ride, saddened by the fact that he couldn't stay with Xiumin. He wanted to stay awake with him into the night, laughing, talking, becoming tuned to one another.

"Y-Yeah. I guess this is bye?" Xiumin sadly peered up at Chen through big, adoring eyes and his lip jutting out unconsciously.

"Will you be busy t-tomorrow?" Chen asked as he fought the urge to kiss Xiumin's pout away. Xiumin nodded his head in a defeated manner.

"I have soccer practice until 10, but the day after I won't be." He turned to open the door as Chen shuffled from side to side.

"Then can I walk you home?" He sounded so nervous when there was no need to be. Xiumin turned back with his fingers still laying against the doorknob. He felt like such a girl being told someone would walk him home, but it he had long drawn the conclusion that Chen brought out the side of him that was delicate and weak and he needed protection.

"As long as you hold my hand." They shared a look of secret understanding and Xiumin pressed back on the door, the old, white wood creaking open slightly and alerting Kyungsoo that Xiumin and Chen had arrived.

"Goodnight," Xiumin shyly spoke, his eyes drifting to his boot clad feet.

"Good night Xiumin." For the first time, Chen didn't flinch. Xiumin turned to go inside only to come face to face with Kyungsoo's wide eyed stare. His girlish shriek nearly woke up Suho and Lay, Sehun and Luhan, and even Kai.

"Kyungsoo, what the hell!?" Kyungsoo laughed as he passed the still frightened boy and out into the warm darkness.

"I couldn't help it. Night Xiumin." Kyungsoo took Chen's hand and pulled him towards Kris' car, Xiumin's glare following their trek across the pavement.

Kyungsoo, you will pay!

Xiumin closed the door gently and turned to face the living room, noting two heads in the darkness as they slept on the couch. He kicked off his boots and walked along the path, rounding the side of the couch only to see Suho, he must have came when Xiumin was gone, and . . . What the ?! Lay curled into Suho's side with his head pressed against his chest, his lips mumbling careless words in his slumber. When had they gotten back together? Xiumin then noticed Chanyeol's wide mouthed sleeping face in the light of the TV and rolled his eyes. Of course he and Baekhyun would be too lazy to go home. Tugging off his sweater the moment he was behind his closed door, Xiumin sighed and looked around his messy room, the light bulbs seeming so much brighter. He pulled his shirt from over his head, the note attached to his cheek pulling off and fluttering to the floor, and tore his pants off, cold air wrapping around him in a blanket of cool air. Xiumin bent down and quickly swiped the note from the floor to read it, his boxers hanging off of his waist.

"I. Love. You. Sweet Dreams Min."

He called me Min.

Xiumin nearly dropped the note between his fingertips, but caught it before it could fall. I love you too. I feel so stupid for never getting to know you sooner. I feel bad for forgetting the first time we met. And you didn't. You remembered me which means you must be the one I've been waiting for all this time.


Chen peeled the note off of his cheek due to Kyungsoo's playful hands trying to steal it away. He laughed as his feet created distance and Kyungsoo ran into the couch. Before being tackled to the ground by another light body, Chen read the yellow sheet of paper Xiumin had pressed on his face.

"When you dream tonight, dream of me, because I know I'll be dreaming of you. Bye Chen-chen."

Chen-chen.

He called me- Chen almost fainted. 
 

 

 

:) I am very happy with this update for some reason, gahhh. I'm hoping to update again sometime soon, but I've been writing this instead of studying for my big AP Lit test tomorrow, so I'm off guys ! I'll just edit more later!

 

 

Love you~~