Periwinkle 1/2

Love Notes at My Door

So, I'm just in shock by the amount of love my fic is receiving already and I just want all of you to know that it means so much to me and I wish I could send each of you a cookie. But not just any cookie, a cookie made with LOVE! :) xD Anyway, here is the next update, please don't bludgeon me because I made Chen this cute little crier. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever!? Okay, I'm talking too much. Here you go.  /hides


Xiumin awoke in sweat-matted sheets, his chest clenching and memories of clouded faces passing his vision. He battled his way to full consciousness, where he could move his limbs, and achieved his goal when his room door opened with a bang.
"XIUMIN! GET UP SLEEPY!" It was only in these instances, Xiumin truly valued Kai's friendship. Xiumin sat up quickly, the blurred face from his dream vanishing. Somewhere inside of him, he wanted to know who that person haunting his dream was, and why? 
"Come on Xiumin," Kai called again, clapping his hands to help aid the older out of bed, "We have to get to breakfast early or else all the food will be gone!" Xiumin rolled his eyes as he pushed his wet covers off to the side, setting his feet against the floor.
"We all know you just want to see Kyungsoo," Xiumin muttered, drowsily standing to see if the bathroom was free. He was not surprised in the least to see Sehun and Luhan exit the bathroom, cringing at the thought of what acts may have been ensued in his poor shower. Sehun snickered at the look on Xiumin's face, his arm locked around Luhan's waist.
"Don't worry, shower is reserved for Wednesdays." 
"Oh joy. You'll be all over the walls again tomorrow."
"Yes sir." Xiumin sighed and entered the bathroom, locking the door before Kai tried to shower with him, again. It was in a purely platonic way, but it still freaked Xiumin out. The water ran warm against his sensitive skin, each water drop leaving pink flesh in its place. He closed his eyes and allowed the water to run along his face, plastering his bangs to his forehead and kissing his pink lips. For a moment, Xiumin trembled with the want to sleep, and shook his head to dispel the atmosphere. He turned the center tap to the far left, the water sputtering to a stop and pulled his towel from the curtain. Once, Kai and Luhan, mostly Kai, pulled his towel from the curtain and fled with it in tow, forcing Xiumin to run to his room . If it had only been the three of them, Xiumin might not have been so flustered, but to have 4 pairs of extra eyes on his form, Xiumin wished for a volcano to spring up in the center of the living room and send them all to a molten death. Xiumin wrapped the towel around his waist, holding the green fibers firmly and heading for the sink. He sloppily brushed his teeth, his bangs still slightly covering his large eyes, and washed his mouth in the same fashion. When he was finished, he high tailed it back to his room and locked the door, shedding the towel and pulling on a pair of comfy green boxers. He strode over to his closet and pulled out his extra uniform, going through the motions until he was fully dressed and deciding he was not in the mood to stand before a mirror and style his hair. It felt odd to feel the soft texture of his brown hair brushing against his forehead, but Xiumin figured he'd have to get over it. He pulled on a pair of socks and exited his room to find the living room filled to the brim. Luhan and Sehun occupied the left portion of the couch, stuck in their own world, while Kai stood pestering Chanyeol and his boyfriend Baekhyun over the whereabouts of his not-boyfriend Kyungsoo.
"For the last time, he doesn't want to talk to you, idiot. You've done enough."
"B-But," Kai pleaded, trying his hand at aegyo only to receive a hand pushing his face away. Baekhyun rolled his eyes, eyeliner surrounding his orbs in the perfect proportion, and pulled on Chanyeol's hands to escape. Kai whined as the distance increased, begging Baekhyun since the small male was Kyungsoo's duet partner for chorus and essentially a best friend. Kai glowered and decided to slump in the vacant seat next to Lay, a fellow member of EXO Academy's dance team and the soccer team's goalie. Xiumin sighed as he saw the familiar face, and shuffled over to where the Chinese male sat staring into oblivion.
"Doing that is kind of weird." Lay blinked before smiling, revealing his dimple.
"Sorry. Its a habit." Xiumin shook his head, returning the smile in full.
"Just don't do that on the field, or Woolim High will kick our asses again." Lay stuck his tongue out at the shorter male.
"Trust me, we won't lose. I owe that Woohyun for last time." Lay still brandished the bruise from their last game against Woolim Highschool, the mark running along his lower back. The coach had deemed him unfit to play, and for the last two weeks, Tao had taken his place, but upon hearing of the rematch, Lay insisted to play while Tao returned to center field.
"Just don't push yourself too hard. If you need rest, we'll let Tao take your place." Lay shook his head, his eyes lighting up in defiance.
"Ani, don't worry. I refuse to sit back for this one, and would it be alright for me to hit someone in the face?"
"As long as its with the ball and you can make it look like an accident, sure."
Lay smiled, his lips pulling up and a hint of evil in his eyes.
"Thanks Captain." Xiumin's cheeks puffed at the nickname, which would become permanent at the end of the day during soccer practice. Kris, the reigning soccer captain who had earned EXO Academy the championship title on more than one occasion, six to be precise, would be graduating early. He had sincerely chosen Xiumin to be the next captain, stating he didn't know anyone else more dedicated. Xiumin was still unsure if Kris chose correctly.  
"Alright everyone, let's go!" Chanyeol's deep voice caught the attention of every person in the room, and all that could be heard was laughter and talking, the lifting of bags and the slipping of shoes onto feet. Xiumin was the last out the door, and pulled his keys from the pocket of his uniform. After successfully locking the door, and checking to be sure, he pulled away and instantly noticed the purple slip of paper plastered to the door.
"Is this Periwinkle?" Xiumin wondered as his fingers lightly brushed against the paper, carefully pulling until the note lay in the palm of his hand. He held the note much like a feather in the Palm of his hand, his eyes unknowingly glittering. The note was beautifully complex, a purple hue blending into a blue to become a paradox of color. Xiumin carried the note in his hand, coolly holding his backpack by one strap as the bag swung rhythmically over his shoulder. He ran to catch up with the others, finding a place to walk by Baekhyun. Xiumin felt his bangs brush against his forehead, a few strands catching his vision as strings of honey gold in the light. Xiumin's favorite part of the day had to be the walk to the academy a few blocks away, the wind cold yet the sun keeping him warm. Scared the wind would carry his little letter away, Xiumin folded the note with one hand and shoved it deep in his pocket. He would read it the first opportunity given. 

"Zi Tao! G-Give it back!" Chen reached his hand out towards the younger, only to snatch at air. Zi Tao, Tao to put it simply, danced out of Chen's way, holding a purple slip of paper in his grasp. Chen stared the paper down, his chest tightening each time Tao slipped away.

"P-Please," Chen cried, his hands dropping to his side's in defeat. It was early morning, and Chen had left his dorm with Kyungsoo to head over to the music department for early practice. Along the way, they met Suho, the Student Council President and fellow singer, and Tao, a center field for the soccer team and participant in the Wushu Expo. They were all friends and Suho had unlocked the department doors for Kyungsoo and Chen, while Tao bullied Chen over a little purple slip of paper he refused to hand over. As he stepped into the large room only occupied by a miniature stage and piano, Tao had easily stolen the note and read it, teasing the older male over his love for a little captain.
"Come on Chen-chen, it was just a joke!" Tao pressed the note against Chen's chest and the boy took it quickly.
"Wait- No, Chen- I didn't mean-" Chen's shoulders began to tremble, and before Tao or anyone else could stop it, the tears began to fall. Chen sniffled and bowed his head, wishing he could stop crying but finding himself unable.
"What did you do to him?" Kyungsoo enveloped Chen in his frail arms, rubbing the crying boys back in soothing motions.
"I'm sorry, I was just playing! I didn't know he really had feelings for
Xiumin," Tao spoke frantically,"I'm sorry Chen." Chen could barely decipher the words through his own tears, twisting around to hug Kyungsoo.
"Come on Chen, don't cry. Tao didn't mean to be a jerk, okay?" Chen pulled away from the embrace and nodded his head, Kyungsoo pulling away his glasses to dry his cheeks.
"That's better right?" Chen nodded his head and looked back at Tao, gesturing for the younger to come closer. 
"Mian," Tao murmured, hugging Chen.

"I-Im a cryb-baby. S-Sorry if I scared you." Tao laughed and Kyungsoo sighed with relief. Chen was sensitive and he was easily heartbroken. Growing up as an only child left him sheltered and unable to experience friendship and rivalry, pain and love, fear. Kyungsoo slipped the fragile lens in his back pocket, well aware that Chen had no need for the glasses. And it would allow people to see the raw beauty of his face. As Chen pulled away from his hug with Tao, Tao and Suho caught sight of his face. 
"
Whoa-"
"Chen, your
HOT." Chen blinked and brought slim fingers to his face, feeling for his glasses and gasping as he touched nothing.
"M-My glasses," Chen looked at Kyungsoo, "Can I have them back?"
"How about we try a day without them? You don't really need them right?"
"B-But-"
"Just for today, okay?" Chen truly didn't need the glasses in the least, but he felt nervous without them. Kyungsoo took his hand and walked him over to the stage. 
"Y-You're not going first T-today?" Kyungsoo shook his head and released Chen's hand. Chen felt a shift, an emptying lake in his chest, drying as Kyungsoo distanced himself.
"Just sing like we practiced with Baekhyun and Luhan. You still have to work on pronunciation." 
Chen wasn't sure how he managed to pull himself up on stage, but once the feat was achieved, all he could feel were the eyes against his flesh. Kyungsoo watched expectently, the only one present that had heard Chen sing before, heard the voice of an angel.

"Go on Chen," Tao cheered, trying to boost Chen's confidence. It seemed to work, Chen closed his eyes, and the magic began.

 

 

 

Oh my, I hope you managed to stomach all of that. It was a way to see a few more details of the characters. They're actually really childish, but they can be serious. The more heavy drama will come later, it always does doesn't it ? Annyeong for now~