Egg-Shell White 3/3

Love Notes at My Door

Oh my, writing this, Idek, I just let loose. XD I hope you all dont mind. But theres a big chunk of Kaisoo also ~ ^^ Gotta love Kaisoo . XD Okay, I go away now. XDD


Club EXO ~

Xiumin wanted to die, not by anything major like getting shot or stabbed, just something low-key, like say rat poisoning in his soup. Kai parked his precious van named D.O after Kyungsoo's last name, and Xiumin sat as everyone emptied out into the open, stretching limbs and warming up before going inside of the insane club. 

"Xiumin, you can't sit in there. I was serious when I said I have a surprise for you, so get your chubby self out of my baby." Xiumin glared at Kai but knew he was right, he couldn't sit there when he knew the others would be there for hours, and apparently this surprise, Xiumin was sure it was a person, a blind date maybe, was supposedly important. Xiumin didn't want to be the to bail, even though he really did. He hopped out of the car and fixed his pants, following the snug Hunhan couple as they walked through the VIP doorway. Xiumin felt his ears burn as he remembered why exactly he was allowed into VIP. Along with Kai and Sehun (who else were you expecting), Xiumin was a onetime dancer (he was actually tricked into it by the two, but no one ever believed him). At the time, there was no way to get out of it, and by the time he was finished, the crowd kept screaming 'Baozi.'

Worst night out. EVER.

Upon entering, Xiumin realized that most of the people dancing to the beat were his friends and fellow classmates, along with people he knew from other schools in the area. When he was noticed, friends and random people alike gathered around him and made him feel much smaller than before, all spewing useless words and congratulations on becoming the soccer captain. Then it made sense, a lot of sense, Kai and Sehun threw him a party? 

Wait. Rewind.

 

Kai.

 

Sehun. 

 

Threw him a party.

There was obviously beneficiary gain from something like that, and Xiumin knew not to thank them later for it. After around 10 minutes of trying not to die in the dancing frenzy to Attack by 30 Seconds to Mars, Xiumin shuffled over to a vacant couch and sat, sighing as he watched the mass of bodies moving and grinding against each other. He was a pretty moderate party goer, but never to the extreme and he knew that this would make him feel uncomfortable. Just as he finished looking around, a group of pretty boys (oh puh-lease) stalked through the very center of the party and once they spotted Xiumin, they walked over, the guy in the lead smirking as he flipped his dark locks, his princely aura catching the attention of onlookers. Xiumin noticed their approach and instantly stood, glaring the lead down despite the height difference.

"I heard Kris finally made you captain," The boy spoke, his teammates laughing, "What a pity. I was expecting more of a challenge." Xiumin's eyes did not waver, the ferocity he usually saved for the field coming out it waves. His jaw clenched and his hands formed fists, sheer force of will holding him back from starting a fight.

"Woohyun, what makes you think you’re allowed to be here? Do you want me to kick your ?"

"Like you can even reach my face, which by the way, will always be impossible. I don't even see why Kris couldn't choose someone better than you, your left leg is your biggest weak point, your kicks are unstable, and you depend more on your team.

"Well your overall personality , your kicks have no base, and you depend souly on yourself. Why is your team here anyway? All they do is back you up in case you’re threatened. Do me a favor and get lost before the first thing I do as captain is shove my foot down your throat."

"Feisty," one of the boys off to Woohyun's left spoke, Xiumin remembered him as Myungsoo or L, the team’s right fielder, "I think it's cute."

"Woohyun, I'm warning you." Woohyun stalked closer, invading Xiumin's personal space and looming over him.

"From here, you’re actually pretty cute in a kiddy sort of way, but listen closely. When we meet up on that field, you’re dead." With that, Woohyun turned back and walked into the fray, turning back to wave at Xiumin who stood stock still, his stomach suddenly empty of feeling. His mood had been crushed, and nothing, no surprise could bring it back.

"Are you sure I look okay?" Chen questioned Kyungsoo as the smaller male fretted over his clothing, fixing his black jacket until it satisfied him and pulling his glossy black shirt until it rested just below his hips. Then he ruffled his hair up a bit, repeating the action once until he was sure nothing else had to be fixed.

"Of course you do. I should dress you up more often; all the girls and guy would go crazy over you." Chen blushed hiding his face in his hands as Kyungsoo led him towards the door. He only uncovered his face to put on his regular converse and waited while Kyungsoo did the same, a red pair to go along with his small black and red jacket, the collar naturally turning up just below his jaw. When they were finished, Kyungsoo held the door open and Chen walked out, the older boy locking the door and following.

"LOOKIN' GOOD CHEN!" Chen flushed a bright red at hearing Tao cheer from the confines of Kris's car, Suho sitting in the backseat and cheering along. Kyungsoo took Chen's arm and led him to the car, getting in after him and strapping the both of them in. Chen sat carefully, checking time and time again on the little note of egg shell white kept snug in his pocket. It would be his first time going to a club, a place so tightly packed with people and bodies dancing, and Chen was scared. He was scared of a lot of things.

"Don't worry Chen-chen, I'll be there with you," Kyungsoo soothed Chen's feelings and patted his ruffled hair.

"Ani, you need to talk to Kai, not stay with me. I'll be okay." Kyungsoo refused to listen, instead staying silent. There was no way he was going to take care of his personal problems when Chen would be stuck in an unfamiliar place with all types of people. No way in hell would he do that to the innocent boy he treated like a son. Kai could wait, but Chen needed him much more. Chen twiddled with his fingers during the drive to Club EXO, wondering what would await him or if Xiumin was already there, dancing with random people, possibly drinking. He knew in his heart that Xiumin wasn't the type, but you never know until you know. They parked up in a reserved area, and Chen felt Kyungsoo stiffen beside him, his eyes gazing at a van one space away. From memory, Chen knew that it was Kai's, who had graciously named it after Kyungsoo and swore that he would love the real thing so much more.

"Soo, let’s go." Chen led Kyungsoo out of the car instead of the other way around and helped him inside, where the party was in full swing. The bar had opened and free drinks were being served to any who asked. A large stage stood close to the mid center, and as soon as Chen and Kyungsoo caught sight of it, they each stopped for a different reason. Kyungsoo stood stock still, unable to sense anything around him but the body screaming on stage, mic in his hand with his hair slicked back to perfection. Why did Kai have to be so irresistible? It angered Kyungsoo that he should be upset, but all he really wanted was to be up on that stage with his not-boyfriend, screaming his guts out and dancing close, as if they were the only people in the room. Chen felt his breath leave him as he took in Xiumin's embarrassed face as Kai screamed something to the crowd, pointing at Xiumin, everyone cheering and partying just a bit more. A stage light shone on the soccer captain, his white clothes glistening and shining and making him look like a prince. Chen couldn't move; he didn't want to. He just wanted to stand there while everyone else moved around him, and stare at that bright halo circling Xiumin's styled hair.

He was beyond beautiful. 

"Come on you two, time for a makeup and a confession," Tao took Chen by the arm while Kris took Kyungsoo and led him through the partying students, not caring about school the next day. Suho merely walked through the crowd, not really wanting to be there, but Kris forced him into the car. Chen and Tao found themselves by an empty black leather couch, and they sat together, murmuring conversation back and forth. Chen suddenly remembered his note and tugged it out of his pocket, shyly passing it to Tao and asking a favor.

"Can you please give this to Xiumin for me? I'll be waiting here." I hope he comes. Tao nodded his head and stood, walking back into the mass of bodies with the note in his pocket. Seeing as Xiumin was still being forced to stay on stage while Kai embarrassed him more, Tao headed for the stage, poking Xiumin's foot until the male looked down at him. He easily passed him the note and shot him thumbs up. With his job finished, Tao decided he would find him lover and maybe a small corner to just be together.

 

~

 

Kyungsoo was nowhere near ready, but Kris wouldn't let him go.

"The more you push, the further he'll get away Kyungsoo. You of all people should know that." Kris brought Kyungsoo around the back of the stage and pushed him towards the steps.

"Go on. You both have stuff to say." Kyungsoo stared at the stage, at Kai's back profile, and felt his self-worth shrivel. Why were they even together? Why, when all Kyungsoo could see was someone absolutely breathtaking while he, he was ordinary? The large eyed male bit his full lower lip with worry, his eyes growing bigger the harder he thought. Kris was right, they did need to talk and Kyungsoo had pushed Kai away, but ever since Taemin, Kyungsoo couldn't bear the thought. I should go before he sees me. He began to turn away, planning to maybe find Chen or a corner to possibly cry all of his makeup off, but Kai turned back, mic to his lips, and froze when he saw him. Kyungsoo began to walk away; he wanted to be back home in bed under his Pororo covers. 

Then strong arms carrying the warmth Kyungsoo was beyond used to snatched him into a back hug and refused to let go, a warm forehead pressing against his back. Kai couldn't contain his joy at having Kyungsoo in his hold. He wanted to keep the older boy there for as long as possible, before he began to fight back. Even when he did try, Kai stole Kyungsoo's hand and began to pull the protesting boy towards one of the backrooms where they could really hear each other and no one could interrupt. Pulling Kyungsoo into the room and slamming it shut using his body weight; Kai pushed Kyungsoo into a chair present and stared at him. Already, he could feel his heart piecing back together again.

"Tell me why." Kyungsoo didn't want to have this conversation, not yet. He looked away from the accusing stare and found the dingy floor much more interesting.

"I don't know what you’re talking about Kai. Tell you why wha-"

"Don't play stupid. You and I both know I don't have the patience." Kyungsoo sighed, racking his brain for some excuse that could get him out of that suffocating room with Kai staring him down as if he committed murder. What could he say? He was insecure, weak, uneasy, jealous, angry, jealous, reckless, sorry, remorseful? Kyungsoo always had a hard time expressing his feelings, not to the extent of Chen, but to the point where he had never even told Kai he loved him throughout their long relationship. So many opportunities arrived where 'I love you' would have been sufficient, but Kyungsoo never took the chance. He wasn't afraid to love Kai, he was afraid Kai would love him

"I'm waiting."

"Well, what do you want me to say?" Everything he wanted to say was caught in his throat, coming back up as harsh. Kai frowned and moved forward, hating how far he felt from the one person he loved.

"Tell me why you called me a cheater. Why you never want to be in the same room with me. Tell me what I did wrong so that I can fix it and we can go back to the way we were. I'll do anything." Why won’t he just stop already? He's making my heart and my head hurt and I know I'm going to cry if he keeps on talking.

"You didn't do anything Kai-"

"And what’s with that? Calling me Kai? You and I both know when we're alone you call me my real name because I asked you to. And I had to have done something wrong for you to turn your back on me and walk away." And he's blaming himself. I'm going to the deepest pits of hell for treating him like this. I'm so going to burn, and I deserve it. Kyungsoo held his breath as Kai stepped closer, his mouth drying.

"Are you going to say anything?" Kai sounded devastated, but Kyungsoo didn't know what to say. Everything was a mess in his head.

"You didn't do anything wrong. I'm sorry if it came off that way. But I-I don't think we should be together anymore. You and I. I mean, we're not compatible."

"Shut the  up." Kyungsoo flinched; he always hated it when Kai cursed. Kai felt the irritation bubble in his gut.

 

"Do you even hear the you’re saying right now? Who the cares about compatibility! Why are you all for Chen being with Xiumin when they are nothing alike, but you can’t even give yourself a chance to stay with me? Are you kidding me? I'd rather fit with you and make a ed up puzzle than with someone who matched. Don't you get it yet? I thought I made it clear a long time ago when I told you my heart can only beat for one person. You." 

 

"Kai, don't say that, because one day you'll be saying it to someone else and you'd have already forgotten about me and whatever we are at this moment. I'm not-I'm not good enough for you and you need to see that before this gets more complicated." Kai finished the distance keeping them apart and squatted to where he was making eye contact with Kyungsoo. His eyes softened as he saw the conflict behind Kyungsoo's eyes.

 

"Soo," Kai called affectionately, "Tell me who said all of that to you. This isn't the Kyungsoo I know. Who made you think you weren't good enough for me?" Kyungsoo felt bottom his lip jut out.

 

"T-Tae,” Taemin had texted him randomly over that weekend, spreading little seeds of doubt in his head.

 

"When?"

 

"While you were back home."

 

"And what did he say?"

 

"That I should hurry up and go because I'm nothing but a burden and that I-I don't mean  to you and I'm hopelessly in love with you and I can't take it anymore." Kai smiled softly, his anger dissipating at Kyungsoo's confession and he reached up to pet Kyungsoo head, leaning up and kissing his forehead. He pulled away again and peered up into Kyungsoo's eyes.

 

"You’re such a for believing him Soo. Taemin is a troll, you should've told him to go himself instead of being foolish and putting me through this. I thought maybe, you didn't want me anymore."

 

"I don't have the right to keep you."

 

"Ani," Kai shook his head and took one of Kyungsoo's hands, interlocking their fingers and lifting up the connection for Kyungsoo to see.

 

"See this? I am yours just as much as you are mine. That will never change.

~

Xiumin jumped from the stage the second he finished reading the note, reminding him randomly of egg shells, and jumped from the stage instead of easily walking around back. He held the note close as he pushed through moving bodies, refusing to be into the party. He was here, waiting to be found and Xiumin didn't want to keep him waiting any longer. Weaving through people here and there, Xiumin frantically looked around, all he needed was a glimpse of that angelic face and he would set off. Walking towards a black leather couch on the other side of the room, Xiumin picked out Woohyun trying to smooth talk- 

 

Wait.

 

Xiumin stared harder and walked closer just to be sure.

 

Nam Woohyun, you're ing dead.

 

The poor boy on the end of Woohyun's advances was Xiumin's mostly secret admirer, his beautiful face scrunched up with what looked like fear and distaste that Namu didn't seem to notice. Xiumin felt his mind fog over with anger, boiling and spewing; if anyone came close they would definitely be burned. The more Woohyun tried to touch on his admirer, the more pissed off Xiumin became, the note crumpling in his grip without the small boy even knowing. He advanced forward, not even sure what he was going to do, but knowing it would be bad. Woohyun managed to see him coming closer and turned just in time; Xiumin pulled back his fist, ready to launch it, but thought better of himself. He was a captain now; he couldn't go around being reckless. So instead of knocking Woohyun senseless, Xiumin pried his shocked admirer from the couch by his hand and kept a hold on him as he walked away.

"W-Where a-are we going?" Xiumin didn't know where he was going, not the slightest clue, but he couldn't stay in a place where the atmosphere simply added fuel to his fire. He pulled the taller boy out into the cool night, the stars twinkling brighter than they ever had before, and Xiumin finally released the breath he had been holding. He kept his strong grip on the boy's hand, his heart palpitating heavily in his ears and his cheeks coloring. He felt the pressure increase against his hand, and began to walk, too nervous to speak.

 

Did he really just? Xiumin glanced over at the silent male, his face even more breathtaking up close and personal, and quickly looked ahead before he was caught.

 

Yes, he really just did. They walked along the rather busy streets with nothing in mind but to walk, both too nervous to even breathe easily. Xiumin had never been in this type of situation before, the silence eating him alive. He needed to break it.

 

"S-So . . . what's your name?" Xiumin felt the man beside him jolt when he realized he was being spoken to.

 

"Chen." Chen. Could a name be more perfect? Xiumin felt giddy as he held Chen's hand, walking to nowhere particular, but enjoying the walk all the same.

 

"I guess y-you got my note," Chen murmured airily, and Xiumin could tell he was beyond nervous. He smiled wide as he replied.

 

"Yeah, I did. A-And I want you to know that they have made me feel  . . . normal. Finally normal."

 

"W-What do you mean?"

"I'm usually surrounded by people that do nothing but give me empty praises, empty cheers, when they really don't care and they would drop me as soon as I loose popularity. I've had a lot of people treat me as if I'm this famous person when all I really want to be is me. I want to eat all the steamed buns in the world and-and scream at the top of my lungs and just be normal. When I read your notes, I felt like you knew how I felt." Chen stared at Xiumin, wide-eyed and unable to form coherent thoughts. Xiumin found the expression adorable.

 

"But since you know so much about me, it’s my turn to learn about you. Is that okay?" It's more than okay, Chen wanted to say, but he only shook his head, finding Xiumin to be much like a comfortable embrace that he had always needed. 

The night had only just begun and Xiumin found himself sitting on a little bench in a random part of the city where the stars looked their best, his hand enveloped by the warmth of Chen's palm and his heart open, ready and willing to listen.

 

And accept.

 

 

 

 

"Were you my surprise Chen? Because I think . . .

 

 

 

You're a gift."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ughh, I totally substituted Baekyeol with Kaisoo since I was like, to hell with it! BUT, I promise to add Baekyeol next chapter and some Hunhan, probably Sulay too. XD 

Since my favorite color is blue, my wall is blue, the carpet of my house is blue (don't ask), I've decided the next color theme is Aquamarine, as suggested by KINNEYTAYLOR6 , but rest assured, the next theme will be that really tasty looking Lemon Chiffon Cake as suggested by Ellasauras .

 

:) I complete adore all of you guys !

Comments are loved~