Epilogue

Postscript

 

Sungmin looked up from the papers in his hands; all the letters that Hyukjae, and the last one that Kyuhyun had sent. He has been reading those letters for the past days, every day since he got them, each one of them in a row.

                            

A warm tear slid down his face as he closed his eyes still facing the blue sky. “I’m sorry…,” he mumbled biting his lower lip, the wind hit his cheeks and he felt even guiltier, there was a heavy feeling in his chest.

                             

If only he weren’t as stubborn… He couldn’t even remember the reason why he didn’t go to his hometown anymore. He missed Hyukjae and Donghae as well, should he have said it before? Well, it was obvious he was too late. Why he never tried to contact them? Is he a bad friend?

                            

Sungmin took his free hand to cover his mouth, he didn’t want to cry out loud, he didn’t have the right to. What about Donghae? Should he accept the fact that he always had a crush on him as well?

                            

Sungmin closed his eyes even tighter, he felt his heart clench as he remembered Hyukjae’s story. He knew, that it wasn’t his fault, that those kind of things happen. But why? Why when he could have contact Hyukjae he didn’t do so? Why couldn’t he keep his own promise of always being together as best friends? Why did everything happened to someone as perfect as Hyukjae? Was he a bad person? Was the world insane?

                            

He stood there for hours, how many? He doesn’t remember.

                            

Sungmin opened his red and puffy eyes and looked at the two graves in front of him; one was of Hyukjae and the one right next to it was Kyuhyun’s. He didn’t have an idea of who was Kyuhyun, but he didn’t care, somehow, after reading those letters he felt like he knew them from years ago.

                     

Why did he have to come back home after so many years only to be standing in front of these graves? Why was it so painful? A bitter sweet appeared in Sungmin’s eyes, Hyukjae really wanted him to go back home, he even transmitted those feelings to Kyuhyun. Those two were just made for each other.

                            

And somehow, Sungmin was happy as well, they got to know true love and they had a beautiful love story to share to the world. He saw the bouquet of flowers he just placed in the cold graves and smiled softly. “I wish I would have met you in a different way…,” he whispered now not even minding his tears running down his face.

                            

“Sungmin hyung…,”a soft voice called him.

                            

Sungmin knew that –though broken and shaky- voice even if he didn’t hear it for years, maybe, just maybe, it was time for him to start his own love story.

                            

Sungmin turned around slowly, a warm and loving smile in his lips. “Hae…”

                            

                            

                             

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

August 13th, 2013.

                            

To my dearest dongsaengs, Hyukjae and Kyuhyun,

                            

                            

Hyukkie, you were right about Hae, he has become a really cheerful man. I don’t think I’ve been this happy ever since we were together in middle school. We have moved together and we visit our hometown frequently.

I read all the books you did and I must say they are really interesting… I’ll make Hae to read them as well.

Kyuhyun, I just want to thank you for taking care of Hyukkie, he might be a little stubborn but please look after him, I know you will, even in heaven.

I’m happy, no, we’re happy. I hope you are as well.

I’m sorry I’m not good with words, I sincerely have no sentences to describe how thankful I am to both of you… my heart feels lighter knowing that you are happy and together, there is no better match in all the universe.

                            

Hae is sending some greetings as well…, we will adopt baby twins this month; we will name them Hyukjae and Kyuhyun.

Please look after them from heaven.

                            

To you both, I love you.

                            

Forever yours,

Sungmin.

                            

PS: Guys, did you know? You were the ones that made me realize being alive and being in love is the happiest thing I will ever experiment. I was lost, you found me wandering in a senseless journey and you brought me back to life. Thanks.

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                            

                             

                            

                            

 


 

A/N: HELLO! Kekeke HAPPY KYUHYUK DAY EVERYONE!

Well~ this is a fic request from rizuq whom asked for an angsty fic with a sad ending and that were inspired in something like ‘I promised to make you know if I fell in love’; I tried my best! I hope you liked it! (though is not exactly a sad ending right? ^^’)

The plot, well, it’s not completely mine, my friend Lore gave me the idea of using letters and even gave me some scenes~ kekeke (I own her a EunMin fic because of this… *sighs*)

Anyways~ enjoy this day and leave a lot of comments neh? (:

LOVE YOU ALL! ♥