Attempted

Maybe Next time We'll Meet Again

 

Chapter 18-
 
I left Kris's room and headed to Lay's; as I try to open the door I realize it was locked.
I knocked a few times but no one answers.
 
I walked towards the elevator and sees a bunch of Ajummas bickering in front of  it.
 
"Excuse me..but what's going on?"
 
One of the Ajummas turns and frowns
"The elevator is out of service, that's what"
 
"The elevators not working? Do you know why?"
 
"I don't know? I heard they're just running some tests"
 
Running some tests? 
 
"Do you know when it'll be in service?"
 
"Ugh...if I knew I wouldn't be so frustrated. This is the twelfth floor! Do they really think I'll take the stairs!"
 
Sigh. I guess I have to take the stairs...I told him that I would come in 5 minutes...
 
I turned and opened the door to the stairs.
 
I looked down  the  gap and saw many level of staircases.
I guess this could be part of my workout.I turned my iPod on and started to walk down the stairs.
 
I was tired by the time I reached the seventh floor. I stopped to take a break. I sat for a few minutes and I tied my shoes.
 
As I was tying my shoes, I heard a sound. I tried to turn around but when I did I saw no one.
I walked down a few more stairs and I  kept hearing that weird sound...I started to walk faster but as I reach the fourth floor someone pushes me and I rolled down the stairs.
 
"Haha" laughed the person
Is it who I think it is?
 
But before I could even see that person, I fainted.
   
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
"Minnie ah!!! Call the doctor! She's waking up!" screams Chen
 
I tried to open my eyes but it hurts, all I see was bright lights ...one of my eyes felt like someone shoved a thumbtack to it.
  
I tried moving but it won't work...my body felt like it was stuck...I can feel the iv tube on my hand.
 
Someone was pulling onto my arms...I don't know who but he won't let go..
 
I can tell its not just Chen oppa that's in this room... I hear the others whisper but I can't comprehend it. 
 
"Are you okay!"  Asks Tao
 
"What... do..you...think" I croaked
 
My voice...why does it sound like this? 
 
I started to panic, how did I end up like this? Why can't I see or move?
 
The Doctor comes in and whispers something to Manager Oppa
 
"How are you feeling?" Asked the doctor
 
"...terrible" 
 
"I see...some painkillers should help with that. I'm going to do a basic checkup now"
 
The doctor did the checkup and wrote something's on his clipboard.
 
"Okay...well you seem to be alright now. You just had stitches around your eyes, your skull and arms. Your left leg is fractured, it'll take around two weeks for it to recover. Make sure you rest well  and clean your wounds frequently to prevent infections. That's about it for now, do you have any other concerns?"   
 
"Yes...doctor...how come...I can't see"
 
"On your left eye? It's covered that's why"
 
"No...I know... it's covered...I'm...talking...about my right eye...all I see is...bright..lights."
 
"Bright lights? Your right eyes weren't  injured though. Let me take a look"
 
The doctor took out a flashlight and shined it at my right eye, my eye felt like it was burning .
 
" I think it's because part of your skull was injured, and that part was where your nerves were. I suggest you see a eye surgeon and get surgery as soon as possible"
  
The doctor left the room and I heard Manager oppa moving around going through his things.
 
"Don't worry Minhee! I know a good optometrist in Korea..we'll go there as soon as possible...I'll go arrange things, for now rest well"
 
Manager oppa leaves the room, the others are still here.
 
"Minhee!  You really can't see?" Asked Xiumin 
 
"Yeah..I can't see" 
 
"Aww..that "
 
"Minhee, is there anything we can do for you?" Asked Lay
 
" water..can you get me ...water" 
 
"Sure thing" said Lay as he left the room
 
"Where's ...my...bag?" 
 
Someone grabs my bag and place it on my lap
 
"It's here..what do you need from it?" Asked Luhan
 
"Tao..." I croaked
 
'Tao?' Thought Luhan questionably 
 
"Yes?" Tao replied
 
Tao was on my right..he was the one pulling my arm
 
I pulled Lays picture out and gave it to Tao
*cough,cough*
I coughed loudly a few times. It dried my throat out.
 
Someone on my left pulls me up into a sitting position and rubs my back.
"There,there..it's okay Minnie" says Chen 
 
I heard some sniffling sound, is someone crying?
 
"It's all my fault" says Tao in a shaky voice
 
"What?" 
 
"How's it your fault Tao?" Asks Xiumin 
 
"I...I called Minnie to come to the restaurant...if...if she didn't come..she wouldn't be like this" cries Tao
 
"Tao...it's jut an accident. It's not your fault"  Xiumin pats Tao in the shoulder
 
"Minhee, what really happened?" Asks Luhan
 
"I.." 
 
*knock knock*
Two police officers came in
 
"I'm sorry, but you guys have to leave...we have to ask the patient some questions"
 
"What did they say?" Asks Chen 
 
"We have to go...they need to ask Minhee some questions" said Luhan
 
"Oh..alright let's go then" 
 
They all left the room...I noticed something...I heard Chen Oppa's voice, Xiumin,Lay, Tao and Luhan's voice but I never heard Kris's voice.
He's not here?
 
Is he still sick? Is he okay? Did the others saw him?
 
"Ms.Kim, we are here  in regards to the incident . We would like to ask you a few questions"
 
"Are you alright to answer some question?"
 
Lay enters and sees the police
"Ah..I'm very sorry...I'll leave this and go"
He hands me a cup of water and leaves.
 
I drank it and my throat felt a bit better
"Yes..I'll try"
 
"Okay then...someone found you unconscious and injured at the third floor. Would you mind telling us what happened"
 
"I was walking down the stairs from the twelfth floor...the elevators were out of service so I walked. I heard some noise around the seventh floor but I ignored it..by the time I reached the  forth floor, someone pushes me and I fell down the stairs."
 
"Did you see that person?"
 
"No...but I heard a laugh..it sounded like a man"
 
"Okay...Ms.Kim...based on what we heard, this was not just an accident. It was a attempted murder"
 
"Attempted murder?"
 
"Yes..your left arm was stabbed,it seems as though the  suspect was going to aim at the heart but missed and it went to your arm instead."
 
Really? Someone wanted to kill me? Who could it be? 
 
"Luckily someone came and stopped him. However we can't find the suspect nor the person that saved you"
 
 "We wanted to know if you know how either of them looks and other information on it"
 
"I'm sorry...I don't remember..."
 
"Okay then..well we're sorry to bother you. Here's  our card just in case you remember anything"
 
The police left.
 
So the person that pushed me down the stairs tried to kill me...and someone came in and stopped him. Who could they be? 
I don't think there's anyone that holds a grudge against me...wait...there is.
 
Was it Rosaceae? It was attempted murder...the elevator just so happen to be out of service and the person knew I had to go downstairs.
 
I'm pretty sure Rosaceae knows how to shut a elevator down...but he aims well and he never misses when he tries to kill someone. If he wants me dead, I'll be dead already.
Why would he miss on purpose? 
 
If its not him, who could it be?
 
*door opens* 
 
I quickly pulled my blanket up and closed my eyes.
 
I hear the door closing and footsteps heading towards me.
I hear the chair moves and that person sits in front of me.
 
I don't know how long he was there, but I kept quiet.
If it was Exo-m they would have talked.
 
That person stared at me for a while..although I can't see but I can tell.
That person moves close to my face and touches it gently.
 
Eh...It feels like a guy's hand...it was big...for some reason this felt familiar yet it felt foreign to me. 
 
*drip* 
 
I felt the guys tears on my face...I have the urge to wipe it off..but I'm still waiting for this person to talk...I want to know who he is, and why he's here.
 
He wipes the tears away from my face.
 
"Si Yun ah..."
 
Did he just call me Si Yun?
 
"Si Yun" his voice sounded like he was crying
 
"Si Yun...why? I told you to don't go..."
 
"Si Yun..." 
 
His voice...it sounds like Draco's. Is it really him? 
 
He was grabbing my arms and he was crying...hearing him cry made me cry too
"Draco..."
 
I wrapped my arms around him...he seemed surprised...he was about to back away.
 
"Don't...don't go Draco...I'll listen to you...I'll never leave you again" I cried harder
 
He pulled me up and hugged me,patting my hair
"Don't cry silly girl...you never left me...I was always by your side"
 
We stayed like that for a long time, until I fell asleep.
 
"Goodnight Si Yun " Draco leans close and kisses me on my forehead
 
As Draco leaves the room he clutches his abdomen
"Ugh..." 
He looks at his hands and sees blood
"Gotta get more bandages..."
 
~Next morning~ 
 
I wake up hearing sounds of things moving and zipping noises.
 
Draco? 
 
"Oh..you woke up?" Said Manager Oppa
 
It's not him...did he leave? 
 
"Oh yeah...did anyone came here while I was sleeping?"
 
"No..just me. Why? We're you expecting someone?"
 
"Oh...no. I thought someone came here"
 
I was sure that Draco came...was it really just a dream?
It felt so real...although I didn't see him, I heard him and felt him...it couldn't been just a dream.
 
"I've booked plane tickets for today,I already grabbed your things from the hotel. I called the optometrist  and he said he'll see you as soon as we get back from Korea. We're going to leave soon."
 
We're leaving soon? 
"What about Exo-m?"
 
"They'll be staying here for another week or so to finish up their work"
 
How will I tell Draco? I have no ways to communicate with him...and manager oppa is coming with me? 
Doesn't he have to take care of Exo-m?
"Will Exo-m be okay without you?"
 
"Yeah..it's okay. The other staffs can manage them. It's my job to take care of you too...your special."
 
Special...it's not the first time I've been called that...I remember the first time I was called that was when I became a trainee with Kai.
 
 ~a few days later~ 
 
Here I am...in crutches holding a bouquet of flowers.
I shouldn't be here, I should be resting in the hospital after getting surgery for my right eye ...but a promise is a promise...I always keep my word.
 
"Kim Joo won "
 
*clap*
 
"Kim Jong in" 
 
I clapped loudly...Kai was wearing our mustard colour uniform. It looked good on him.
 
When the ceremony was finished, I headed towards Kai.
He looked lost and was looking around searching for something.
 
"Looking for me?"
 
Kai turns around and his jaws dropped 
 
"Here, congratulatations!" I handed him the bouquet and smiled
 
"Minnie..."
 
"I came as I said"
 
"What happened to you?"
Kai was staring at my face and the rest of my body
 
"I fell..." 
 
Kai looked like he didn't believe it
 
A bunch of kids start running around and one of them pushed me, Kai quickly grabs me.
 
"You wanna go somewhere else?" He asks
 
"Sure"
 
Kai holds into my shoulder and walks slowly with me to his classroom.
 
"You miss me?" I said jokingly to Kai
 
"Yes...I did" 
 
 "Are you sure your okay? "
 
"I've never felt better" 
 
Kai sighs and says
"The truth"
 
"Well besides for my broken foot...I can't see with my right eye and I can hardly open my left eye"
 
"You should have rest instead of coming here" Kai said in a concerned tone
 
"Haha...you sound like a mother, and we all know that's Kyungsoo's job"
 
"Hey!"
 
"Just joking...but I promised you that'll come no matter what"
 
"You know that I wouldn't mind it, since your injured"
 
"That's how I  am"
 
We kept walking until we reached Kai's classroom.
 
Kai lets go of me to open the door...at the same time someone kicked a soccer ball and it hit my head.
 
"Oww..." 
The soccer ball hits my stitches at my skull.
It caused an immense pain at the back of my head.
I feel like I can't hold myself anymore...My head really really hurts, I could barely stand. I collapse and someone catches me.
 
He carries me bridal style and drops the flowers he was holding.
 
I looked up and saw him...
 
"Chanyeol?"