Chapter 5 'The rest of the boys'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

 

YOUNGMIN-

The boys were in a boisterous conversation when he returned to the table with Youngmin and Rosie.

Rosie sat in between them.

"Hey guys," Youngmin said.

The four boys stopped laughing and talking when they heard him. Their attentions found Rosie.

"WHoa, who's this?" Donghyun asked.

Youngmin was about to answer for Rosie, but she decided to introduce herself. 

"I'm Rosie," She said.

"It's very nice to meet you... Rosie." Hyunseong put an odd amount of emphasis in "very".

Donghyun and Hyunseong smirked at each other. Youngmin knew why... so he glared at them both which gave them the message to stop what they were doing.

Minwoo stared at Rosie. "Rosie?"

"Mhm," Rosie answered.

"You're so pretty!!" He blurted out.

Youngmin caught Rosie blush a little. Cute, he thought.

"Thank you, um..." Rosie was waiting for his name.

"Minwoo," he answered.

"Thanks Minwoo," Rosie finished.

"I'm Jeongmin! I'm very friendly, thought you should know that." Jeongmin introduced.

Rosie giggled, "I bet you are."

"And these two fools are Donghyun and Hyunseong" Kwangmin said while pointing at them.

Hyunseong threw a piece of rice cake at Kwangmin's finger.

"Why introduce us? Everyone here knows who we are," Donghyun said.

"Hyung! Don't be conceited." Minwoo gasped.

But truthfully, Rosie didn't know who they were. And only Youngmin and Kwangmin knew why.

"Hi." Rosie greeted.

"Hey..." Donghyun and Hyunseong said with the same smirkiness in their voices.

Youngmin passed them a final glare telling them to back off. He was trying to make a good impression. He wanted Rosie to be comfortable around him... because he wanted her.

And he didn't want to tell the boys that Rosie wasn't from here... yet. Because he didn't want Rosie to find out they were famous. Not until he knew...

KWANGMIN-

He wanted to find out more about Rosie, but he was a shy person. He remained silent.

"Let's eat!" Jeongmin declared.

"Okay!" Minwoo said and looked down for his food. It wasn't there.

"Hey! Who took my food?" He pleaded.

Hyunseong grinned slyly. He was the one that took his bowl of noodles. But when Minwoo frowned, Kwangmin knew Hyunseong felt a tiny bit guilty. 

"Fine... here." Hyunseong passed him the remaining noodles.

Minwoo pushed the bowl away. He was still upset, "No. You ate it."

Rosie layed her hand on top of Minwoo's hand. Minwoo glanced at her as his frown turned into a straight face.

"Here Minwoo, take my bowl of dukbokki. I haven't ate it yet." She offered.

"Really?" Minwoo smiled.

"Of course, I won't be able to finish it all anyway." Rosie said affectionately.

"Cool! I love dukbokki! Thanks Rosie!" Minwoo said astoundedly. His expression went from upset to even more cheerful than his usual self.

Kwangmin was pretty amazed himself. She gave up her food for Minwoo... he would have never been able to do that.

Not only was Rosie was sweet, beautiful, funny, and nice... she was caring too.

"So, Rosie, how old are you?" Youngmin asked. 

Uh oh, Youngmin's starting the interview phase, Kwangmin feared in thought. 

There are 4 phases in Youngmin's dating steps. Kwangmin knows it by heart because he's lived through it enough times.

Phase 1- Interview phase: Youngmin asks the girl questions about herself so she can feel more connected to him.

Phase 2- Setting It Up phase: Youngmin makes plans with the girl so he can win her over.

Phase 3- Accidental Romance phase: Youngmin purposely gets really close to the girl when she's not looking so when she turns around, they're close enough to stare into each others' eyes. And that's when phase 4 comes.

Phase 4- Making It Official phase: Youngmin asks the girl out. And the girl always says yes for some reason. 

Even though those are the four basic phases Youngmin has... Kwangmin has added another phase into it.

Phase 5- Screwing It Up phase: Youngmin either cheats, treats the girl like trash, gets bored with her or do other dumb disloyal things to her.

That's when it all ends... until phase 1 starts all over again.

"I'm 17." Rosie answered.

"No way! Me too!" Phase 1 complete.

If Kwangmin is right about Youngming trying to ask Rosie out, then the Setting It Up phase is next.

"What are you up to today?" Phase 2 in process.

"Nothing much... I'm just planning to go to the mall later." Poor Rosie walking right into the trap...

"That's a coincidence... Kwangmin was just complaining about sharing a blanket with me this morning." Youngmin started.

Really? You're using me as an excuse? Kwangmin was annoyed, but he didn't say a word.

"So I was planning to go to the mall today too so I can get him and I seperate blankets," Youngmin finished proudly.

ROSIE-

Wow, Youngmin is so down to earth, Rosie thought. He and Kwangmin must be really close with each other.

"Oo! The mall sounds great!" Minwoo cheered.

"We can't go out to the mall in public," Donghyun commented.

Can't go out to the mall in public? "Why?" Rosie asked. She didn't mean to sound nosy, but she was suspicious.

"Because-" Jeongmin said before Youngmin cut him off.

"Rosie! We should all go together! It'll be fun." He said.

Go together? She asked herself. That does sound fun... Rosie didn't want to explore Korea alone.

"Will you guys be my tour guide?" She joked.

"We'd love to be your tour guide," Youngmin said convincingly.

Rosie beamed, "Then, I'm in!"

KWANGMIN-

... Phase 2 was a success, he thought almost aloud.

Kwangmin couldn't let Youngmin ruin a girl like Rosie.That wouldn't be fair. He knew he had to talk to Youngmin and convince him to leave Rosie alone. Will it work? Don't know. But it doesn't hurt to try...