Chapter 10 'Arcade Prize Center'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

KWANGMIN-

Finally! He thought as he raced towards the prize center with his tickets in his hands. 1908 tickets! This is definately enough to get a pikachu!

Kwangmin walks to the line in style. He is ready to receive his well-deserved prize. 

He begins to daydream about Pikachu running through a garden of tulips. But he soon snaps out of it as he hears the kid in front of him begin to cry. "But I want the Hello Kitty!!" She complains.

The worker looks at her sympathetically, but there was nothing he could do. "I'm sorry, little girl. But the Hello Kitty is 800 tickets and you only have 790. You could go play a few more games around, and then you can come back for it."

She begins sobbing, "But it's my birthday."

Kwangmin's heart sank in compassion. It's her birthday today and all she wants is a Hello Kitty... I have enough for more than a Pikachu, and she only needs ten more tickets... I'll just help her out.

"Hey, little girl. It's okay. I heard it's your birthday," Kwangmin started. The girl nods with a frown on her face. "Well... oppa here has a present for you.." He takes ten tickets from his pile and hands it over to her. She gleams in excitement and hugs him. "Kamsahamida, oppa!"

She takes her Hello Kitty and skips to her mom. Kwangmin watches her as she waves goodbye to him. He waves back and sees her mom. Her mom was holding at least five other Hello Kitties in her hands... Oh well, he thought. I finally get to unite with my Pikachu now!

Kwangmin struts cooly to the counter and presents his tickets to the worker. "I would like the Pikachu, please."

The worker looks at him with a straight face and puts his tickets in the counting machine. While the machine was counting, the two of them gave each other some awkard looks in the silence that came.

The machine finishes counting. "Sorry, you don't have enough."

Whaaaaaaaat? Not enough? What is this nonsense?

"Sir, I clearly have enough. In fact, I have more than enough. You see..." he points at the shelf of Pikachus, "Pikachus are 1850 tickets and I have 1898. Do you see where I'm going with this?"

The worker stares at Kwangmin like he's an idiot. "I do see where you're going with this... you're mistaking the Pikachu plush doll ticket price with the Doraemon doll ticket price. Doraemons are 1850... and Pikachus are 1900."

I hate my life.

"Is there a way you could make an exception? I mean, it's only two tickets. I have no more money, and I really really want the Pikachu."

The worker monotony answers. "My apologies. Our rule is you either have the right amount of ticketsor one single ticket difference or no prize."

Kwangmin isn't the type to complain in front of a crowd. Neither was he the type to throw a tantrum publicly... but this was an exception.

"WHAT THE-- WHY COULDN'T YOU PUT THE TICKET PRICE TAGS WHERE THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO BE AND MAKE MY LIFE EASIER?! HOW WAS I SUPPOSED TO KNOW THE PIKACHU PRICE WAS THE DORAEMON PRI--  I'VE HAD A CRAPPY DAY ALREADY AND I THOUGHT THIS WAS THE END TO IT, UNTIL YOU. YOU, SIR, DECIDE TO RUIN MY DAY MORE THAN IT ALREADY !"

Kwangmin continues breathing angrily as everyone at the arcade stares at him with fear.

The worker gulps and clears his throat. "...Well, would you like to accept the Doraemon?"

"No I would not like to accept the Doraemon! I hate Doraemon! You can accept the Doraemon, but me, no!"

The worker looks around the shelves. "Um, uh... how about Winnie the Pooh? It's only 1880 tickets..."

Kwangmin gives the worker a death stare, but eventually gives in. "FINE!"

YOUNGMIN-

Youngmin continued walking Rosie around the mall. He was still trying to figure out how to confess to her that he was famous. Not just famous, super famous. He didn't want to overwhelm her... what if she gets mad that he didn't tell her earlier? What if she just wants to date a "normal" guy? Youngmin didn't want to face it. Maybe I just shouldn't tell her... 

!

Youngmin looked across the other side of the mall downstairs and saw a giant poster of his group. No! He couldn't let Rosie see it! Not like this...

"Rosie!"

"Yeah?"

"Um..." Youngmin hesitated. "Rosie, let's--"

Youngmin's phone starts to ring, "It's Jeongmin. Gotta take this." Rosie nods for approval.

"What's up?" He answers.

"Youngmin ah, where are you?" Jeongmin asks.

"Uh..." He looks around for the location. "I'm near the toy store."

Minwoo takes the phone from Jeongmin, "Youngminnie! Is Rosie with you?"

Youngmin smiles, "yes, she is."

The phone starts making static noises as the boys roughly pass it around. Youngmin hears Donghyun talking in the background. "Guys! I can't find Hyunseong!" 

"Check the corndog stand," Youngmin suggests.

Jeongmin gets a hold of the phone, "I'll meet you guys at the toy store, don't leave. And tell Kwangmin to meet us there too."

Youngmin groans. "Ugh, hyung... why can't you do it?"

Jeongmin sighs irritatedly. "Because we have to find Hyunseong! He could be anywhere!"

"Only somewhere with food" I corrected.

"Great... that's everywhere!" Jeongmin complains and hangs up.

Youngmin walks to Rosie and holds her hand. "The boys are meeting us at the toy store."

Rosie smiles, "cool, I wonder what they bought."

Youngmin looks for Kwangmin in his contacts. He slowly searches for it as the names scroll up...

Bora.. Donghae.. Donghyun.. Hyorin.. Idiot #1 (Hyunseong).. Idiot #2 (Minwoo).. Idiot #3.

There we go! Idiot #3... Youngmin clicks Kwangmin's contact and waits impatiently as it rings.

After a long wait he finally answers, "what?"

"You sound upset. I'd ask you why... but I don't really care." Youngmin smirks slyly.

Kwangmin rolls his eyes, "oh wipe that stupid smirk off your face." He could see it through the phone.

"Well come over to the toy store. We're all gonna meet there."

"Of course... of all places... I'll get on my way but it might take a whille since I'm on the other side of the mall."

Rosie hears Kwangmin's voice through the phone and became curious. "Is that Kwangmin?"

Youngmin covers the phone so Kwangmin wouldn't be able to listen to what he was saying. But he could hear him anyway.

"Yeah, it's Kwangmin. He said he might take a while to get here because he just fell over some child."

Kwangmin punches the phone... oh how he wish he could kick his brother right now...

ROSIE-

Rosie grins at Youngmin. She was excited for Youngmin to tell the other boys about them. She didn't exactly know why, but she just wanted to share it with somebody since there was no one else she knew here in Korea. 

She begins heading over to the toy store with Youngmin. They stand and wait outside while holding hands. About ten minutes later Kwangmin appears. She could see Winne the Pooh in his hands... cute, she thought.

KWANGMIN-

Kwangmin saw Youngmin and Rosie in a distance. He hurried and walked over to them. Oh no... he thought, he's been so busy with this Pikachu business that he forgot to supervise Youngmin and Rosie together... He walked closer and two things caught his eye.

He could see the Pikachu in Rosie's hand. Where did she get that?! I've been looking everywhere!

But he could also see Rosie's other hand...

holding Youngmin's.