Chapter 12 'The Truth of 6'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

YOUNGMIN-

Youngmin and Rosie raced down the escalator and finally caught up with the other boys. He would've stopped and given the fans what they wanted but there was no way he could give fan service while he was with Rosie. It would overwhelm her... more than everything already has...

He stared at Rosie as he ran and already felt horrible. Not only for lying to her, but also for involving her in this madness.

ROSIE-

What is going on? She wondered... Are they criminals? How does everyone know them?

Just as she continued questioning the situation, answers came a way to find her. There it was... a giant poster. "BOYFRIEND". The biggest boy group of all of Korea, Boyfriend.

"Boyfriend..." She whispered to herself. They're famous.

Once she and Youngmin followed the boys out the mall, they all ran into a cab and squished in together. Jeongmin and Minwoo were in the front seat and the rest of them in the backseat. Rosie was on Youngmin's lap as Hyunseong was on Kwangmin's. Donghyun had the middle seat to himself. Rosie, being the last one in, quickly shut the car door before the chasers could get in.

"Starship Building! Take us there now, no time to explain! We'll pay you triple, just go!" Jeongmin shouted to the driver.

The driver slammed on the gas pedal and the car flew onto the road simultaneously. Everyone took a deep breath... except for Hyunseong who continued eating his ice cream... A silence arose as Rosie continued questioning everything in her mind.

YOUNGMIN-

What do I say?

Youngmin turned to Kwangmin and caught him staring. He knew Kwangmin was questioning him how he was going to take care of this. He gave him a slight nod telling him to mind his own business.

"Rosie..." He started.

Rosie nodded and waited for him to go on.

"Mianhae. I know you don't understand what has just happened--"

"Why didn't you tell me you were famous?"

Youngmin froze in humility and fear. "I--"

"All of you." Rosie added. She wasn't just targeting Youngmin, she was talking to all of them now.

Minwoo turned around. "Rosie, we're sorry. We never meant to lie."

She turned to Youngmin, "Then how about you? ...Boyfriend?"

The ironic use of "boyfriend" made Youngmin feel shunned.

All the boys looked away, giving them privacy. Even the driver avoided looking in the rearview mirror. This could not have been more awkward.

"Rosie..." He whispered. "I really am sorry. I didn't mean to lie, I just wanted to hide the truth. Not forever... just until I knew."

"Knew what?"

"That you saw me."

She was confused, "Saw you?"

"Saw me. As Jo Young Min. Not Youngmin of Boyfriend or the blonde twin of Korea's biggest boy group. You have no idea the fear I have of people just wanting to use me. I am never sure if someone actually likes me for me. I've stumbled upon the fact that all I am is famous and rich. I'm only desirable because I'm famous and rich. Rosie, you make me second guess myself."

KWAGMIN-

Damn... he's good.

ROSIE-

She could hear Youngmin's truth in his voice.

I can't relate to Youngmin... but he's still the same person. The fact that he's famous doesn't change who he is. I can't imagine the struggles he has of being famous... I can't be selfish.

"Youngmin, I'm sorry--"

The car comes to a tight stop. Everyone jumps forward.

YOUNGMIN-

Oh no... Why is she apologizing? She's breaking up with me, I can't let that happen. Not in front of the guys...

Rosie continues, "Youngmin."

"We can talk about this later," Youngmin suggests.

The least I can do is talk to Rosie alone later and after she breaks up with me, I can tell the guys I broke up with her. No one has to know...

"Okay." Rosie agrees.

After a silent fourty minute ride, the car stops. "Alright, we have arrived to your selected destination."

Starship Entertainment.

"Wait. Why are we here?" Youngmin asks.

"I don't know, I panicked. This is the only place I thought of when it came to being safe" Jeongmin answers.

"I don't wanna go in. The managers are gonna make us practice. I thought this was our day-off." Hyunseong complains.

"We have a show in two hours anyway, it couldn't hurt to practice." Kwangmin debates reasonably. He was always serious when it came to being "perfectly in sync".

"I agree." Youngmin says.

This way, I can stall Rosie and get alone time with her after practice.

"Leader says let's go in." Donghyun raises his hand.

Everyone pitched in money to hand the driver. Once they were off the seats and out of the cab, each of them stretched out. It was a long and cramped up ride...

"Oh, my back!" Minwoo groans.

"My thighs are sore," Jeongmin does a squat. "Okay, that did not help."

"I'm alright." Hyunseong proudly states.

"Yeah, you are. Cause you were squishing on Kwangmin the entire time. He probably can't even walk now." Donghyun taunts.

"Are you calling me fat?!" Hyunseong defends.

Donghyun smirks, "Ask the ice cream in your stomach."

"I'm fine." Kwangmin says as he holds in his pain while taking a step.

"Well, let's get this party started." Youngmin says and leads them into the building. He turns to Rosie and smiles. He had no idea how this was gonna work out, but he always had luck by his side.

Hopefully... it hasn't left him.