Chapter 14 'Urgent Learning'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

ROSIE-

KyuJae walks in front of Rosie. Everyone's attention found the same direction. "Who are you?" He asks.

Rosie looks to Youngmin and quickly back to the manager. "Nam Ro See."

Youngmin passes Rosie a gesture signaling her to get up, and so she did. She stands up straight with her hands behind her back and smiles shyly.

"Do you sing?" He goes on out of curiosity.

Rosie gulps. Not really... "I do. I was in choir when I was in the states."

"The states..." KyuJae was interested, "How about dancing?"

"That, I can't do." Rosie answers honestly.

"Bad answer. Anyone can dance if they can walk."

But I can't dance...

KyuJae repeats his question. "Can you dance, Nam Ro See?"

No, I can't.

"Yes, I can dance." Rosie hesitates.

"Good..." KyuJae signals Sajang out of the room, leaving the boys and Rosie alone once again.

"What was that all about?" Jeongmin questions.

"Isn't it obvious?" Hyunseong responds. "He wanted to know if Rosie could dance."

The boys all turn to Hyunseong and shake their heads.

"Man, I feel bad for Bora and Hyorin... how are they gonna work this all out?" Minwoo sympathizes.

KyuJae and Sajang return inside as the boys quiet themselves.

"Rosie, there's no time to explain, but we need you to go to STAR19's practice room now." Sajang orders.

"Wait, what?"

"We need a replacement for Ruby and you're the only one available right now, we need you." KyuJae begs.

Rosie refuses, "But, I can't-- I don't dance. I can't perform, I have stage-fright."

"There's no need to have stage-fright tonight because you're not you. You're Ruby tonight. Not Rosie, you're Ruby." Sajang reasons.

"Please, we have no time to waste. The concert is in an hour and a half, you have to learn the dance immediately!"

Youngmin knew Rosie was uncomfortable. "Rosie... you should do it. It's not that bad... I'll help you out."

"Yeah, I'll help you out too," Minwoo consoles.

"We'll all help out." Kwangmin settles. Jeongmin, Donghyun and Hyunseong turn to Kwangmin wondering why he dragged them all into this.

KyuJae puts out a hand to Rosie. "Follow us."

YOUNGMIN-

They all report to STAR19's practice room and walk in to see Bora and Hyorin chatting. Before they could be informed with what was happening, Sajang told them straight out that Rosie would be Ruby tonight and that she needed to learn the choreography right away. Questions weren't asked; Bora and Hyorin started teaching Rosie the dance. This was urgent learning.

Rosie will get this down, Youngmin convinced himself. She's talented and beautiful... she's got this.

Ruby had the main role in the performance so Rosie had a lot to learn. But she learned fast. She managed to do the right steps and she didn't move with the beat... the beat ended up moving with her.

The boys cheered Rosie on every time she got a dance move right and encouraged her on even when she messed up.

There were times when Rosie seemed to outshine Bora and Hyorin... Sajang and KyuJae took note of that.

Sajang leaned over to Youngmin. "Rosie's your new girlfriend, isn't she?"

Oh no... What do I say? I can't tell him the truth, he'll make me break up with her--

"Good choice." Sajang finishes.

After the sixth time the song ends, KyuJae applauds the girls. "Good job, good job. Girls, head to make-up and get dressed now. We're leaving this building in thirty minutes, let's go!"

Rosie was completely lost. Bora and Hyorin lead her away showed her the way to the make-up room.

"Boys, get changed as well, there's no time to spare." KyuJae commands.

But, what about Rosie?

"KyuJae, I have--"

"We'll take care of Rosie. You will see her there at the concert. Go, go now."

The boys scurry off and change into their performance clothes. Afterwards, they sit down for last minute hair and make-up touches.

Minwoo watches Youngmin through the mirror. "I really hope Rosie's gonna be okay."

Donghyun sighs. "She's got this. Did you see her during practice? She's a natural."

"Really though... there's no way she hadn't known how to dance before today, she moved so precisely." Jeongmin winks at himself through the mirror. "And I look really good right now." He turns to his left and sees Kwangmin gazing into nothingness. "Don't I look good, Kwangmin?" The mirror prince needed compliments.

KWANGMIN-

I really hope Rosie will be alright... She's only had an hour and a half practice... And she has the biggest role tonight... I hope she remembers that her name's Ruby... She's so stunning... Bora and Hyorin better be nice to her... Oh who am I kidding, Hyorin's conceited and Bora's in love with Youngmin, that's not gonna work out. I need to protect her. How did she even get into the middle of this dilemma? Oh, this is gonna be a long night...

"Kwangmin!!!!!" Jeongmin shoves a tissue in his face.

"What?!" Kwangmin awakes as the tissue lands on the floor.

"Youngmin said you danced like a llama whose tail was on fire."

"Your face is a llama whose tail is on fire." Kwangmin says seriously.

Everyone turned to Kwangmin and his terrible comeback. He was always the weird one in the group. The random and weird one...

KyuJae runs in the room and tells the boys to get in the limo waiting outside for them. The show was about to begin and it was gonna be a short ride. They are debuting a new group tonight.

They are opening up for STAR19.

They are introducing Bora, Hyorin, and... Ruby.

Please leave a COMMENT if you want another update. I don't know if I should update anymore because I haven't been getting comments or subscriptions. I feel like I'm writing for no one, so I'll continue on once I get some COMMENTS<3 Thanks Best Friends.