Chapter 8 'The Toy Store'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

YOUNGMIN-

"So Rosie, where would you like to go first?" Youngmin asked.

Everytime someone passed by he would look down with anxiety. Please don't recognize me, he kept on hoping in his head.

"Didn't you say you needed to get a blanket?" Rosie reminded.

"Oh yeah." He smiled at her.

"Let's go to that home department store," she responded and led him to the door.

Youngmin continued falling for Rosie. He was excited that for once he's with a girl who's not using him for fame and the money. Usually the girls would go look for jewlelry and clothes at the moment they stepped into the mall, but Rosie was different. That's what made her even more attractive, the fact that she saw him the way no one else saw him; a normal teenage boy.

KWANGMIN-

Kwagmin rushes into the toy store and quickly spots Minwoo and Jeongmin looking at action figures. There is no time to waste.

"Where are they?! Where are the yellow mushes of glory?!" He runs to the boys and crashes into them. They fall and hit a stand of snow globes. Everyone in the store looks over at them.

"Damn it, Kwangmin! Way to bring attention over to us. Just what we needed," Jeongmin complained.

A worker walks over to them. 

"I'm so sorry... it was an accident. I'll pay for them, I swear." Kwangmin said with regret.

The worker stared at the broken snow globes. "This costed at least a hundred thousand wons..." (About $80 in USD)

Kwangmin replied with relief, "I can handle that-"

"Each...They were antiques." The worker finished.

Kwangmin fell to his knees.

"Stop it! Kwangmin, stop being dramatic!" Minwoo whispered loudly.

"I am officially walking out of this scene. Good bye," Jeongmin said and walked away.

Donghyun and Hyunseong casually walks by.

Hyunseong waves, "Hey Kwangmin, we heard some klutz broken a dozen snow globes-" He looks at the ground and stops his sentence.

Donghyun scoffs, "Why am I not surprised... you're such a babo."

Minwoo pulls Kwangmin off his knees, "get up, you're embarassing yourself, hyung."

"He's embarassing us, let's go." Donghyun says and leads Hyunseong away.

Kwangmin takes out all his money from his wallet and hands over 100,000 wons. Now he only has 10,000 wons left. (About $8 USD) Sob.

"It's okay, Kwangmin. Pikachu stuffed animals are on sale, remember?" Minwoo said in hopes of cheering him up.

It worked. "Oh yes! How could I forget! Where are they?!" Kwangmin grabs Minwoo's shoulders and starts shaking him back and forth in excitement.

Minwoo became dizzy. "Follow me..."

There it was. Pikachu. On sale for just 8,000 wons... right in front of his eyes. It was the last one standing. It was meant to be. Kwangmin and Pikachu will forever be together. He walks towards the heavenly creation and starts putting his hand towards it. 1 foot away... 11 inches... 8 inches... 4 inches...

"Mine!!" A little boy rushes over in front of Kwangmin and grabs the pikachu. "Yay! Mommy, I got the last one!"

Kwangmin gasps in desperation, "No! No, little boy. We can settle this. Let's make a deal. How about a deal?"

"No!" The boy sticks his tongue out at him.

Minwoo begins to back away silently and slowly, he was getting really embarrassed.

"Come on! Please! I never get to buy pikachus at toy stores anymore, I rarely get to witness them in person... I'll trade you 10,000 wons! That's a bargain! You see... this pikachu costs only 8,000 wons. I will give you 10,000 wons for it. You can come back another time when it's on sale again and buy it. You'll leave with an extra 2,000 wons. Isn't that a fair deal?" Kwangmin smiled at the kid and waited for a "yes".

"I suppose... you're right. That is a fair deal."

Yes!

"But I want it now!" The kid runs away with the pikachu, crushing Kwangmin's dreams and leaving him hopeless.