Chapter 7 'An Awkward Car Ride'

Youngmin vs. Kwangmin

ROSIE-

She hears someone knock on her door and immediately, she grabs her purse. She opens the door and sees the boys dressed in hoodies and sunglasses like they were a gang. She couldn't help herself from laughing.

"Hey, what's so funny?" Minwoo asked.

"Was I supposed to wear a hoodie and sunglasses too?" Rosie answered with a giggle.

Youngmin turned to the boys and gave them a look telling them to laugh.

Suddenly all the boys laughed with Rosie. Maybe even a little too hard and exaggerated, because Rosie stopped laughing and returned to smiling.

The boys also stopped laughing, except for Jeongmin. Jeongmin had this issue where if someone starts laughing, it makes him laugh even more. Eventually, he managed to stop his laughing and cleared his throat trying to change the subject.

"So Rosie, are you ready to start the tour?" Youngmin asked sweetly and let his hand out.

"Definately!" Rosie grabbed his hand.

KWANGMIN-

They went out the lobby into the street where two taxis were waiting.

"You got taxis?" Rosie asked.

Youngmin nodded and escorted her towards the taxi. Youngmin opened the door, helped Rosie in, and got in after her. They scooted all the way over so Kwangmin could fit in too.

The rest of the boys went inside the other taxi.

"Where to?" The driver asked.

"COEX Mall, please." Youngmin answered.

Why COEX? Kwangmin complained in his mind. A bunch of people will recognize us there, it's the biggest mall in all of Korea... Whatever.

Kwangmin put his earbuds in, and turned his Ipod on. But was it really on? No. He turned the sound off. He did this when he wanted to pretend to listen to music and eavesdrop on people's conversations. 

YOUNGMIN-

Youngmin spotted Kwangmin putting his earbuds in, he took that as an invitation to start a conversation with Rosie.

"I like your dress," Youngmin complemented.

Rosie smiled down at her orange and yellow dress, "Thanks, I like your sweater. I love Pikachu."

KWANGMIN-

He took my sweater?! Kwangmin turned to him slowly and saw his new pikachu sweater he recently just got on his brother. Okay, Now I'm officially pissed off.

"Why didn't we just take the bus?" Rosie asked suspiciously.

What now Youngmin?

"Can you keep a secret?" Youngmin began.

"Always." She answered.

Youngmin leaned into Rosie's ear, "Kwangmin has a fear of busses." He whispered.

"No I don't!" Kwangmin accidently shouted.

Youngmin and Rosie turned to him.

Kwangmin quickly began singing, "No I don't, No I don't, don't wanna... wanna...no I dont..."

They didn't seem to buy his singing, so he threw in some dance moves too.

"No I don't! Don't... yeah yeah yeah! No-"

"What song are you singing?" Rosie questioned.

Kwangmin shuttered and took his earbuds out, "What? Sorry, couldn't hear you." Whew, he thought.

Rosie giggled, "What song was that?"

She bought it? "Um, it was 'No I Don't' by... The-The Cubicals."

YOUNGMIN-

Oh my god... Kwangmin's so stupid. He thought.

The Cubicals? Out of every possible band name he could have made up? The Cubicals?!

I can't let him make this more awkward than he's already made it. I'll save him... But it's only a one time thing.-

"Oh! The Cubicals, love that band. I like their song, 'Yes I Do'. They're from... Scottland, right?" said Youngmin.

"Actually, they're from France, but that's okay. You're not perfect.." Kwangmin replied and put his earbuds back in.

Kwangmin winked at Youngmin giving him a "You deserved that" face.

ROSIE-

During the rest of the car ride, Youngmin and Rosie talked a lot about themselves. He really is a gentleman. She kept on repeating in her mind.

They talked about their childhood, their family, and Rosie told Youngmin a lot about America.

Youngmin must have a close family... he loves them, how sweet. 

Youngmin's charms were working, because Rosie was beginning to fall for him. Smiles were always visible on Rosie everytime he finished a sentence.

Things were going perfectly in Youngmin's plans.

KWANGMIN-

In time, they arrived at COEX. Finally, I can take these earbuds out, Kwangmin took his earbuds out and put everything in his pocket.

"Hey, Kwangmin ah, call the guys, will you?" Youngmin "asked".

It wasn't really a request, it was an order.

So he dialed their number and Minwoo picked up while Youngmin continued his evil plans.

"Hey Minwoo, did you arrive yet?" Kwangmin asked.

"Yes, we've arrived for a while now. What took you so long?"

"I don't know... traffic possibly-"

"Is Rosie safe?"

..."Uh, yeah. Why? Just, where are you?"

"I'm at the Toy Store with Jeongmin, Donghyun, and Hyunseong. You should get here soon, they have a sale on pikachu stuff!"

Kwangmin gasped, "Pikachu?! Alright, we're on our way." Kwangmin turned into the child he really was when it came to pikachu. He loves pikachu. No doubts about it. Pikachu came first.

"Bye-bye" Minwoo ended the call.

YOUNGMIN-

"They're at the toy store." Kwangmin delivered the message.

Youngmin squinted. "Oh. Let's head to the Home Supply store first for the blanket I have to get us."

"Uh, no. I can't..." Kwangmin denied.

"Why not?"

"I promised Minwoo I'd meet him" Kwangmin answered.

Youngmin could tell he was lying... probably some pikachu stuff on sale... whatever, that means more time for Rosie and I to be alone. He smiled at the thought.

"Okay, you go ahead. We'll meet you guys up later." Youngmin said and turned to Rosie. "Is that okay?"

"Of course." She said as the wind blew through her long, wavy, brown hair.

KWANGMIN-

The three of them entered inside COEX and began to split up. Kwangmin began to get worried after a few feet away. Thoughts took over his mind. Fears took over his mind.

Hopefully, everything will be okay without me as a chaperone/witness...

Hopefully, phase 3 and 4 won't work...

Hopefully, Rosie doesn't like Youngmin...

Hopefully, Rosie will say no...

Hopefully, no one will recognize me...

Hopefully, I will get to the store soon! I need to get me some Pikachu!

Kwangmin rushed to the store... as Youngmin and Rosie began to roam around the mall, together alone.