Act Twelve: The Disturbing Fireworks

Revenge is a confession of pain

OST 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=311OaESAFFk

 

One day while Mia was busy finalizing the last notes on the sounds for the final presentation to the super junior, she got a surprise visit from Donghae, who practically dragged her with him to the restaurant to have some nutrition, he knew that this past week, she was so into the album, and was overworking herself to the bone, so he took the 2 free hours he had in their rehearsal for their last concert in Japan to check on her, he knew she doesn’t have anyone her who can look after her, and was in a way responsible for her, or drawn to her…He still couldn’t figure it out….But first, he wanted to be there for her, he couldn’t be there physically everyday but tried his best to make her feel comfortable, protected, not alone…

“Oppppaaa, please I need to go back, I really were into a good sound, I’ll lose the inspiration” Mia was nagging while they were waiting for the food to be served

“Mia-aaa, you look terrible…When was the last time u took a break, or went to a place other than your apartment or the studio??” He said while pointing the dark circles under her eyes, and her messy outfit

She then straightened herself, and started arranging her messy hair bun, she hated the fact that she looked that terrible in front of him.

Donghae smiled to her genuine attempt, then said “But you still look cute”

She stuck her tongue “If I mess up with your album guys, you are the one to blame!”

“I’ll take the blame, but please take care of yourself” he said with a worried tone

“Don’t worry Oppa….I’ll be okay!”

 

After having their lunch in the much delighted atmosphere, while they were back to SM building, Mia was biding farewell to Donghae, when he took her wrist and dragged her with him while saying “No more work for today…”

“But, No…I need to finish”

At this moment Donghae opened the door of the practice room where the guys were gathered to resume their practice.

Donghae then turned and flashed Mia with his most dazzling and satisfied smile “Watching us rehearse is also work isn’t it??.....It’s a part of the process of knowing our music style” he finished his sentence with a wink.

The Boys who were busy discussing their positions in the choreography, turned to the door when they heard Donghae happily shouting “We have public guys!”

“Mia-sssssiiiiii!! Annyeong!” chanted Ryeowook while hurriedly running to give her a hug, guess he was still affected by Mia’s story.

Everybody welcomed her, either with hugs, high fives, or simple hello.

The leader, lightly smiled, and bowed from afar, while Mia was surrounded by the guys leading her to the perfect sit where she could enjoy the show.

He wasn’t the same as before, the straightforward, flirtiest guy she first met. He was distant but still warm, his smile reminded her of the text she received one week ago….

She had received a lot of comforting speeches, compassionate looks, sympathetic smiles every time someone knew she was an orphan, but his text was full of sincere and genuine feelings, but another feeling came out : Guilt she couldn’t figure out why he would feel guilt, but she just felt that way.

 

The rehearsals were a pleasant moment for her, she was amazed by their synchronization and their professionalism. Then, the three vocalists + Sungmin and Donghae sang such a beautiful song, she smiled when everyone from them came closer to her and sang for her,Mia was mesmerized by Yesung’s voice that drastically improved, he smiled at her, Donghae was the only to sing from a distance, but his stare was locked to hers through all his part.  Kyunhyun was the last to sing, he knelt then took Mia’s hand and sweetly kissed it with the end of the song. Mia was fluttered by the attention she got in this song, but Kyunhyun’s was the “coup de grace”. She was as red as a tomato, which made Kyunhyun smirk….”That Evil smirk” thought Mia.

“Ya! Stop stealing the spot!” Yelled a frustrated Heechul

“Aish…That Guy!!” sighed Eunhyuk

Everybody was yelling and bullying Kyunhyun, Mia who was shyly laughing, caught Leeteuk’s stare…He was intently looking at her…Then flashed his infamous dimple smile….

 “Leeteuk Hyung is the kind of guy to get friendly to every girl around him, so don’t be bothered by his behavior….He’s just being friendly…He’s the girl’s president” Donghae’s word kept repeating in Mia’s mind

 “He’s just being friendly Mia!” she snapped back to reality

 

The rehearsals resumed with some dancing, presentations in Japanese.

When the rehearsals were over, Mia cheerfully clapped “ You guys are really good…I wish I could see you on the concert”

“Why don’t you come with us?” simply said Kyunhyun

“Yah! Good idea Kyunhyun-aa, it got out of my mind…Mia-aa you should come!” smiled Donghae

“Oppa, I don’t think so, I still have to w”

“Don’t bring up the word “WORK” we are your superiors, you’ll come with us!” He joyfully smiled

He then turned to one of the managers and said “Hyung, are you ok with that?”

The manager nodded and smiled “I think it’s possible”

Ryeowook happily clapped “Yey,  Mia-ssi! Have you ever been in Japan?”

She smiled and shook her head as to say no.

He then took her elbow and happily went together outside while telling her about the places to see in Tokyo.

“Donghae-aa, how come you speak so informally to her?” simply said Heechul

Donghae awkwardly smiled while scratching his head, and thought “Oops, time to explain”

 

OST2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA5GfcElJzM

 

After she had a pleasant coffee break with Ryeowook, Mia went back to the studio to finish her last touches to the 5 songs she prepared.

It was already past midnight when she finished, in fact she didn’t finish, but Donghae’s 15th text telling her to go sleep, brought her to finish the work.

 

After bidding farewell to the security ahjussi, she got out of the building, while stretching herself to wake up, she heard someone from behind

“Need a ride?”

“Omona!” she screamed

Then the figure came closer “I’m sorry for scaring you Mia-ssi!”

“Leeteuk-ssi!” she instantly smiled “What are you doing here it’s pretty late!”

“Same goes for you Mia-ssi!”

She awkwardly smiled “I was just working on some sounds”

“I know u’ll do a great job for our Album” he casually smiled

His attitude changed, she can’t say he’s distant, neither he’s informal, but his attitude sure changed.

“So, can we go?!”

“To where?”

“ Giving you a ride to your apartment!” he said while pointing his car

“Ah, No, don’t bother yourself Leeteuk-ssi! I’m okay!” She smiled

“ I insist…You’re part of the family now! And I’m the head of the family…” He smiled, then took her hand and dragged her to the car

 

Their way to the apartment was peacefully quiet, when the rain suddenly started falling.

Once next to the Mia’s building, Mia spoke “Thank you for the ride Leeteuk-ssi, I’m sorry if I troubled you”

When she was about to get out of the car, he held her, then got himself closer to her, which made Mia’s skin shiver. He then silently, with a protective/peaceful look, leaned closer then put both his hands around Mia’s neck, which made her shiver even more, she could sense his breathing on her neck.

Then

He took the cap of her sweat shirt, and put it on her head, then slowly got back to his initial spot, leaving her speechless

“U could catch a cold” he simply said

She  awkwardly coughed, then said “Thank you!”

He peacefully smiled then said “Good night Mia, see you After tomorrow”

“Umm?” she asked

“Japan”

“Ah…Nééé! Good Night then” she smiled

Then stormed out of the car, before getting soaked

Leeteuk then closed his eyes, then slowly inhaled the air, as if he was enjoying a certain scent

“That scent…..That Damn enchanting scent” he whispered

 

OST3 :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvkPrp1mkYU

 

Mia took a different flight from Super Junior, she arrived two hours later to the hotel, to find nobody, they were off to the practice, when she got a text from Donghae

Sorry, Rehearsals T_T

With Ryeowook we prepared an itinerary and some information for you….You’ll find it in the reception desk

Go wander through Tokyo’s streets, you’ll find some pretty interesting stuff ^^

Forget about the work, and just chill, Okay?

I’ll call you once I’m done so we can have dinner together with the guys…

She smiled, he was so thoughtful. How can such a perfect stranger represent so much for her, it’s been months that she’s been in Korea, and he’s the only person she know, she couldn’t be more thankful, though he was busy most of the time, but he always found time to talk to her, even when he was abroad.

Mia had never been social, she had acquaintances back in The US, but had never friends. For the One and only –and also stupid reason- that she was afraid to lose them, it may seem childish but she lost her parents, and experienced a pain that she can’t even describe. Losing doesn’t always mean death, but just being apart would break her down. But Donghae entered her life, so smoothly that she didn’t even notice it…Just like magic.

 

After having a refreshing shower and changing to a more comfortable outfit, she got out.

She was having a blast, it was really beautiful, everything she experienced was outstanding, the guys itinerary was exactly what she wanted.

She got into a restaurant  to have a late lunch.

The restaurant where she was, wasn’t crowded, only her and 2 highschool girls were squatting there, from their loud talk that she couldn’t understand, and their aws and wows, they were spazzing over something.

While sipping her after lunch coffee, some creepy man wearing shades, a sweater and a mask was gesturing to her from outside to come.

She kept glaring at the weird man, she shook her head then went back to her Ipad checking another places to go to.

She looked up to see that the weird guy disappeared.

She then got up, paid for her lunch put on her backpack, then went outside.

 

Once she stepped outside, someone grabbed her from her backpack “Yaaa!”

He then silenced her, she was even more scared now, without letting go of his embrace, he turned her and revealed his face.

“Leeteuk-ssi!”

At the same time, the high school girls got out , heard the name ,saw the man, then started screaming

“Leeteuk-San!”

“!” he then took Mia’s wrist and started sprinting through Tokyo’s crowded streets.

 

Once they lost track of the girls, they stopped in an empty street, where Leeteuk took off his Mask, and they started heavily breathing

“You’re so slow Mia ssi!” he smiled

“How could I know that It was  you” she retorted back while pouting

“And how come you’re here, the rehearsals?”

“Some of the advantages to be the leader!” he smirked

Mia smiled, then Leeteuk said “So, how about a guided visit of Tokyo?”

“Né?” asked a puzzled Mia

“ A Leeteuk’s guided visit of Tokyo, how does it sound?” he smiled

“But, you can be spotted…Plus I don’t want to bo…”

“I haven’t seen someone using the word “bother” that often as you, If it would bother me, why would I be here?” he simply stated

“You are here ….for me? How?”

“Ryeowook and  Donghae’s spots are so oblivious, I knew you’ll be here!”

“But….Why?” still puzzled

Leeteuk then simply smiled, then patted Mia’s head and said “Family bounds”

He heart started bumping louder and louder….How can such simple things make her like this? He was just being friendly…friendly….friendly!

“Aren’t you coming?” Leeteuk happily shouted from behind

“Ah, Yé….” She hurriedly followed him

 

Indeed, his guided visit was way more interesting that what Donghae gave her, some hidden places, some treasures, some tasty things…Mia enjoyed every bit of it!

And Leeteuk was observing every reaction of hers with attention, he found himself geniuenly smiling when she smiles while watching a street performance, laughing when she tripped while trying to copy a pose she saw earlier, amazed when she was awing in front of Tokyo’s tower.

 

It was already night when they got to the last attraction, in front of a river , where a lot of people were gathering when Leeteuk spoke “You are lucky enough to watch this”

She turned to see him “Watching what?”

He slowly went behind her, then pointed to the sky “This”

And like magic, Fireworks started bumping in the sky of Tokyo.

As cliché as it may seem, this scene moved Mia, she was silently watching the fireworks.

Leeteuk was now standing next to her, but unlike other people he was staring at her

“Why do I feel something is Wrong about all this….Why do you confuse me” he thought while seeing her serene and sincere face.

When suddenly he saw a tear falling, he quickly and instantly blocked the tear from falling farther with his thumb, making Mia’s head turning toward him.

And what it may seem an eternity for both of them, they stayed in that same spot staring at each other, while people clapping around them.

With the end of the show, Mia felt her phone furiously vibrating in her pocket, snapping her back to reality.

 

She bitterly smiled to leeteuk, who swiftly turned back to watch the show, then took out her phone, she found 3 missed calls and text from Donghae

Are you Ok? Where are you? Why aren’t you answering?

She smiled, with the people shouting and clapping she won’t be able to hear him, she sent a text instead

I’m Ok Oppa, I’m at the river, watching the Fireworks….Don’t worry!

 

At the end of the performance, while they were silently heading to the entry of the park leading to the river, an old man talked to Leeteuk in Japanese, sweetly smiling at both of them.

Leeteuk after hearing what he said, smiled then bowed. The old kept smiling at both of them, Mia who was stupidly similing back, asked Leeteuk when the man was farther from them

“What did he say?”

“He thought we were a couple, and said that I have a pretty girlfriend that I should treasure” Simply stated a smiling Leeteuk

“Ehh…Ohhh!” was all that she could say

 

Leeteuk smiled at her cute expression, and once they were out, he saw a familiar figure that wasn’t supposed to be here.

“Oppa” 

Leeteuk noticed the bright and wide smile Mia had once she saw Donghae, and he didn’t like that.

“Hyung, What are you??” Donghae was puzzled seeing the two together, and he didn’t like that.

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty Long Chapter....With Mistakes i Bet, I wrote it half asleep...A zombie! hahahahaha

It'll get more interesting...^^

Just Keep Comenting and subscribing guys...

And for the pairing i'm still waiting for answers ...

Thanks superELF4422 ^^