Act Eight: The Wasted Talent

Revenge is a confession of pain

 

OST 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfwzbm-0ppU

Mia was now working in SM entertainment for almost three weeks now, she was now living in her own apartment, she easily got into Seoul’s routine, she was feeling more at ease than when she was in New York .

 She met super junior two times to discuss about what kind of music they wanted in their new album. She was pretty impressed by how the boys were musically intelligent, they knew exactly what they wanted, what they wanted to express. But now they were on the last days of their world tour.

Donghae was calling her from time to time, to make sure she is good and that she doesn’t need anything, he was so considerate, thoughtful.

She was working really hard on the sounds that she wanted to present to super junior when they will be back, she even was staying overnight in the studio to work on the album, she wanted it to be perfect, and wanted to give the best to her country.

The thing that stressed her the most was the title track, she normally worked on ballads, but now she has to work on something more energetic.

When she was in the US, most of her energetic tracks weren’t on the list of any of the artists that she worked with, everybody was telling her to just concentrate on ballads.

 

Today, was one of these days, when she stay overnight at the studio, while she was working on one of the ballads, she remembered a song that she composed when she was in the US, grabbed her USB, then put it on the computer, and started listening to it, she remembered then that she did sing on it…It was really good.

She kept staring at it, smiled, then got up and left the studio. She was cautiously walking, when she arrived to the dance studio. It was her lucky day, nobody is practicing here tonight.

 

Smiling widely like she was going into heaven, she entered the dance studio, connected her Ipod to the speakers, tied her hair in a ponytail, removed her shirt that was too tight, and was left just with her white tank shirt, straightened her skinny jeans, locked red converse tennis, and pressed play.

At the first notes, she started walking around, then when the singing started she started dancing. In fact, when she composed this song, she wrote lyrics for it, and even designed a choreography for it….She couldn’t make her dream became reality, becoming a singer, but she was making a show for herself, to prove that she still has what it got to be the One she wanted to be.

 

* Flash Back*

OST 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpRXrLtk66Q

Mia was in Seoul now for almost a year already, her father really kept his word and registered her in singing and dancing classes.

Unlike the life that she led in her town, she was attending her high school classes regularly, then she went to her singing or dancing lessons.

She wasn’t interested anymore to attract attention, everybody was claiming her to be the Ulzzang of her new high school, but she wasn’t responding to their encouragements. She even hasn’t any friend, she didn’t want to make the same mistakes, and furthermore she had a goal: SM entertainment.

She was particularly brilliant in her dancing and singing classes, the coaches always praising her determination.

The first time she started, she thought that she will be the best as she was back in her town, but she was hit by the fact that there are kids that are more talented than her. She doubled her efforts, and was perfectly doing the most difficult routines, reaching the highest notes when singing. Plus she continued her piano lessons, and was helping her classmates as well.

Her father was proud of her, she also had brilliant scores in her studies.

In short, her life was limited to her high school, singing, dancing and taking care of her father.

 

But today was THE day, the day that she was working for this year: SM contest.

She was standing their waiting for her turn, for the first tour: she was impressed by the contestants…She was really terrified…and she knew her father will be late because of his damn work, so no one was here to cheer up for her.

 

She was the last One to get on stage, when she went up the judges were smiling at her exotic look, she took the mic and presented herself:

“Hello, I’m Mia, I’m 16 Years Old…And I’ll be SM’s next superstar!” She confidently stated, which made the judge and the public laughing.

She smiled, then put the earphones of the mobile microphone, then adjusted her mic so it won’t fall when she’ll be dancing.

She made a “ok” sign so the song can be played

 

It was a new song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3aLp8nhXfg

, Boa’s Sara, that just got in the market two days ago, but Mia worked day and night to master the steps, her breathing while dancing, and her singing.

She was into the song, and did her very best, and was genuinely happy to be on stage, something that she dreamt about so many years.

 

After the last notes, she couldn’t believe what she was seeing, everybody was cheering for her, and the judges nodding, and clapping for her performance. She was about to cry, bowed to the audience, then went backstage.

 

She was the first name called for the finals, she was the only girl in competition with two guys.

While they were going to rest, Mia bumped into one of her idols, she felt her hear about to stop beating when she was in front of Tony Ann from HOT…

“You did great Little lady!”

Before she would be able to answer, he winked to her, then ran to the stage to perform with s for the entr’acte time.

“Today is just perfect…” she said grinning

 

The competition was on again, Mia was against some posh boy from Gangnam than she couldn’t stand, and a shy boy that was her age, coming from countryside to whom she talked a while earlier, he had an incredible voice, so mature for his young age, she was really admiring him, if she wasn’t in the competition she would’ve choose him to win.

 

“Mia, it’s your turn!”

Mia then got out of her thoughts, then went on stage, she was again the last to perform.

Once on stage, she was welcomed by a storm of applause, and shouting, she smiled then place herself on a piano, and started playing the first song she ever learned and played, but this time she sang to the very emotional and difficult song.

A peaceful silence was in the audience, everybody enjoying this piece of art sang by such a young girl, the song contained so much emotion and pain, that everybody was amazed about how the girl could communicate these strong emotions on stage.

For Mia, this song remembered her of her mother’s death, her father was listening to this song when he got the call that announced to him the death of his wife.

Once she finished, Mia could see some people crying, it was all silent, then a round of applause exploded, followed by a standing ovation.

 

Mia proudly bowed and thanked the audience before going back to the backstages.

She gathered with the others two contestants in a room, the countryside boy congratulated her with a wide smile, while the other was ignoring her.

“The results are going to be announced, you have to gather backstage” told them a guy.

 

When they were going out, Mia checked her phone, when she saw 3 missed calls from her father, when she called back a different voice answered her

“Hello, it’s my father’s phone who are you?”

“Are you Mr Jang’s daughter?”

“Yes, I am, who are you?!”

“It’s the police ,I’m sorry to announce you that , but your father got into an accident and…”

Mia couldn’t hear anything, she hanged up, and absentmindedly got out of the room when she heard at the loudspeakers

“And the winner of SM contest, JANG MIA!”

* End*

 

OST 3 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mePLmm0VCKE

 

The Music ended with Mia’s last pose.

When she heard someone applauding.

 

“I’m in serious !” she thought and slowly turned around to see the gummy smile of the boy that made her laugh and smile a lot of times, Eunhyuk

“You are REALLY good!” he smiled

“I’m sorry, I should’ve have, I have no right..”

Then eunhyuk cut her “Relax, why are you so scared?”

“I’m really sorry!!” she bowed

Eunhyuk then started laughing and came next to her and tapped her back “Ill forgive you, you little thing!”

She smiled then he continued “But, you have to tell me who composed this song! It’s so good: y and funky vibe…I love it!”

Mia then shyly smiled “You think it’s good?”

“REALLY GOOD….wait, it’s your song??!”

“Huuum…yes! But it’s with English lyrics!!”

“YA! I want to have it in our album, it’s really good, I like the boom boom thing!”

“Yeah…but I’m struggling with the lyrics!”

Eunhyuk started humming, then got a paper and pen from his backpack, sat on the dance studio’s ground, and said “ Play the music”

What Mia obediently did putting the instru, then he grabbed her hand, and pulled her down to sit

“We are writing the lyrics now” he smiled at her

 

2 hours later, the lyrics were done, during the entire time they were having the same thoughts, sometimes having the exact words, they were so excited, that they went to the studio where Eunhyuk recorded a sample of his rap.

“Too bad, I can’t sing, It would”ve been perfect if someone sang, so we can show it to the guys tomorrow” He sighed

“Huum, I can try!”

“You can sing?!”

“a bit…”

She then got up, and recorded in one shot the singing part of the song, she got so much swag, that Eunhyuk was dancing in front of her, behind the glass, what made her smile.

Once she finished, Eunhyuk welcomed her with a round of applause

“Mia-ssi, you are doing the wrong job…You should be an idol, you can perfectly sing, and you are one of the few that I saw that have so much swag when she dance…have you ever tried an audition??!”

She nodded and said “Yes But I had an incident that cut me out from the competition”

He could see the sadness in her eyes, and decided not the dig in any farther.

 

“Ah, What are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Japan?” said Mia

Eunhyuk laughed “It was our last day today, right after the concert, I took the last plane, because I have an early filming tomorrow. The others are coming back tomorrow!’

Mia then turned to see that it was 2 am “Oh My God! I’m sorry, I held you back here, while you have an early filming…I’m so sorry!”

She continued bowing, which made Eunhyuk smile: “In fact I have the filming in 2 hours”

“Oh My GOD! I’m really sorry!”

Eunhyuk then playfully smiled “So to make up for that, you’ll have a dinner/breakfast with me, I’m not going to sleep now, coz’ I won’t wake up, so you’ll stay with me until then, deal?”

“YES YES! As you like!!!” she hurriedly answered

They went nearby, where they had a Korean barbecue, Eunhyuk was heartedly eating “I missed Korean food so much…Yummy!”

 

Mia was smiling at his goofy smiles, among all the super junior members he was the one that wasn’t intimidating, he always put her at ease.

“So, how was your world tour Eunhyuk-ssi?!”

While muching her said “Great, from Paris to Jakarta, we saw everything and anything! In a concert girls threw their bra on stage…it was so funny!”

 

Mia laughed while Eunhyuk was telling her about the different stories that they had while they were on tour, Mia was laughing so hard, that she couldn’t fell her lungs anymore at the end of the dinner.

 

After dinner, they took a coffee at one of the many 24h open coffee shops, and wandered around the streets talking, about random things…

While walking, without realizing it, they were in front of Mia’s apartment, and it was already time for Eunhyuk to go to his filming.

“It was a great time with you Mia*ssi! I think when we met creativity is abundantly showed!”

Mia laughed “Yes, Yes Eunhyuk-ssi!”

 

He sighed and said “Stop calling me like that”, he stretched his hand for a shake “Eunhyuk is my stage’s name, call me Hyukjae, Lee Hyukjae” then winked at her.