Act Ten: The Third Link

Revenge is a confession of pain

 

*Earlier*

In super Junior’s Dorm

“Ah, I’m super exhausted, I really need a nap” said an over exhausted Shindong

“Me too” yawned Sungmin

“Hey, where are you going Hyung?” exclaimed Yesung when he saw Leeteuk leaving as soon as they arrived in the apartment.

Without looking back “Some stuff to deal with!” waved Leeteuk

“ Seriously, we’re just back from Japan and he have the strength to go out! Really Daaaaebak!” said Ryeowok

“Maybe he has a girlfriend! Hahahhaa!” whispered Sungmin.

“Hyung, He would brag about it even before officially having a girlfriend…Probably he’s out to attend….Ya, Donghae Hyung where…” Ryeowook couldn’t finish his sentence when he saw Donghae hurridly leaving the apartment.

“Ah, Chincha…When will we have the appointment with Mia ssi?” Asked Ryeowook

“4pm…” answered Sungmin

“2hours to go, let’s sleep!” cheered Ryeowook

 

OST 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EcYB3QuVDY

In SM entertainment building

Leeteuk was greeted by the people working there for the successful world tour, he was proudly smiling at every praise, when he arrived in front of the studio’s door, where he could hear the sound of music.

He then thought “Still working….”

He then knocked on the door, and entered, to be greeted by an empty seat.

He turned his head to find Mia peacefully sleeping on the couch, covered by her blazer.

 

He slowly closed the door, then went to where she was sleeping, stood motionless for some seconds, then crouched to have his face in the same level as hers.

Few strands of her hair was blocking the view of her face, he slowly and gently removed them and intently looked at every inch of her face

When he whispered “Why do you have to be that….innocent….You sure changed…But ….You should stop the show and be who you really are…so I can play fair and square!”

At this time, she tensed, like she was having a nightmare….What made Leeteuk automatically gently her head, making her relax, making him smile.

 

When the first song  that Mia put went on again, her 1st composed song, Leeteuk found himself getting closer, and gently put a kiss on Mia’s forehead and whispered “An early apology…”

When Mia started moving, Leeteuk quickly got up and sat on the chair in front of her, watching her slowly blinking her eyes…But what startled him even more was her innocent and sincere smile when she opened her eyes, he felt his heart thumbing louder.

 

“Good Morning Sleeping Beauty” He chanted to cover up his loud embarrassment

She slowly got up “Hey Leeteuk-ssi, I’m sorry I had a sleepless night, and while waiting for you guys I slept…Is it already 4pm?”

“Nope, I’m 1 hour early !” He smiled

“So, you want to listen to the songs exclusively?” she Joked

“Nope, But to have some free time with you!” He widely smiled

Mia laughed, Donghae who was talking to her all the time, briefed her about each guy of Super Junior, and she knew that Leeteuk was the “Girls president”, he wasn’t a player, but loved being around girls, so she knew that all the attention she got from him earlier was…kind of normal…so she won’t be fluttered.

“Why are you laughing?” he asked puzzled by Mia’s reaction, who would normally be shy

“Nothing” she yawned then continued “I really need coffee “

“How about going to the coffee shop near the building? Their coffee can do miracles….trust me” He then winked

“Ok, I’m really in need “ she smiled

When they opened the door to get out, they were surprised by a joyful and bubbly smile

Mia happily called out “Oppa!”

Leeteuk surprised “ Donghae?!”

 

The three were sitting in the coffee shop, when donghae handed a bag to Mia who was sipping her coffee.

She put her drink then took Donghae’s bag, when he spoke “Some Swiss chocolate, You were carving for some the last time I talked to you….I got them when we were in Paris!!”

“Oppppaaaa, You shouldn’t have” she said while opening the box.

At this time Leeteuk who couldn’t understand the sudden complicity between the two asked “How do you know each other?”

Donghae smiled “Remember Hyung the girl I told you about…The one on the funeral of my father?”

Leeteuk couldn’t remember when Mia offered to him the box of chocolate so he could taste some of.

While he was having a chocolate, Mia said “The crazy one…”

At this time Leeteuk exclaimed “AAAAAH! The One talking to the graves?”

Mia then angrily turned to Donghae “I really made a good first impression, didn’t I?”

Donghae uttered “Sorry”

At this time Leeteuk understood “It was YOU?”

Mia nodded while happily munching her chocolate, then continued her Q-A session with Donghae about their World tour, leaving Leeteuk thinking by himself “Is it some sort of sign..She’s related to everything I do….I remember how Donghae was touched by her…She helped him…Helped Kyunhyun….But destroyed me…Is she the same person I dealt with?”

 

He was brought back to reality when Mia shouted “Ah, I’m late it’s four past 10…Why Am I always late??”

Donghae was smiling at her childish reaction, but Leeteuk was intently looking at her, like trying to figure out something, what Donghae got just by looking at his hyung’s face “ Hyung, let’s go?”

Mia was ahead, nearly running to get to the studio, leaving the two behind her

“Donghae-aaa, are you sure she is the same girl?”

Donghae surprised by the sudden question, nodded “Yes, how could I forget her!”

“And how did you meet her again?”

“The night when she came to the dorms, I met her downstairs, and since then I’m pretty always in touch with her….since she don’t have anyone her…No family, No friends…A way to repay her back!” answered

“No family?”

Donghae nodded “Yes, she lost her mother when she was 6 and her father when she was 19 in an accident, 4 years before mine! Remember I told you that her father’s grave is next to my father’s”

Leeteuk weakly nodded, when Donghae continued  while smiling “She’s such an airy head, so clumsy…but she is such a bright and lovely person…You can’t get enough of her!”

 

At this moment, Mia opened the door and found the guys gathered waiting for her, then bowed 90° : I’m really sorry….I’m late!

Siwon then got up from his seat, and straightened her : It’s okay, 2 of our members are also late…No biggy

She then bowed again “It’s my fault…”

When Donghae and Leeteuk got in

Heechul then stepped in “You’re such a troublemaker Mia-ssi!”

Kyunhyun then smiled “Troublemaker, Mafioso…”

She then smiled and greeted everyone , when she found Eunhyuk sleeping in the same spot where she was..

“Don’t mind him, he had an early filming” said an apologetic ryeowook

Mia then smiled “I know! I was with him yesterday”

At this time Heechul laughed and said “ And a player…Mia-ssi..You impress me!”

“No, it’s not what you think we worked on…”

“Yes, he told us…Don’t mind that weird hyung…he like to make fun of people” said sungmin

At this moment, Eunhyuk woke up “Mia-aa, already here?”

She nodded, then he joyfully got up “Let’s show them what we got!”

 

Leeteuk was behind the others, all by himself observing how Mia got so friendly with the guys and thinking about what Donghae just told him “Her father died when she was 19….”

He wondered how this information didn’t reach him before…He was just interested to get her here, and didn’t know how she got in the US, how she lived since the last time he saw her.

 

“Let the show begin” said an enthusiastic Eunhyuk

Then the music started, everybody was shaking his head with music, the first part was Eunhyuk’s rap, when the singing part started everybody wondered who’s voice it was especially Yesung, who with the end of the song said “Who’s the girl singing?”

“She’s great isn’t?” said a proud Eunhyuk

But Yesung was as serious as ever, he hadn’t heard this voice for a long time, and was hoping to hear her someday, when he said “WHO’s Singing??!!”

Everybody was startled by Yesung’s serious tone.

Mia was even more startled, he was so calm and quiet, but now he asked about who sang, and she was now scared to tell him that she was…He had that weird stare, weird aura…

“Mia ssi!” Simply said a curious Eunhyuk

Yesung then quickly looked in Mia’s direction with astonishment, then slowly went to her, everybody watching his weird action.

He then smiled and said “ Finally found you….2000 SM’s next superstar!”

Mia then quickly got what he was getting to , and widely smiled “ Countryside boy!”

 

*Flash Back*

OST2 : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s15ez6HXVY0

Yesung just arrived in Seoul from his town, the same day of the competition, he just had 1 hour to go the location of 2000 SM Contest.

He sure was in the exact address, but couldn’t find the auditorium they were talking about in the letter, when a girl with earphones and backpack passed by him.

She was really pretty, not like the girls from his town, he gathered his courage then went to her and asked her “Please…”

The girl saw him, quickly pulled out her earphones “Yes!”

Yesung then awkwardly coughed when he saw her smile, then gave her the letter “I’m lost…can you help me to get there!”

She smiled wider and said “I’m going there too, let’s walk together..”

While silently following her Yesung was thanking the heavens, being accepted in the auditions, going to seoul and now having a walk with a beautiful seoulite girl….He sure was lucky today!

 

“Are you here for the auditions?” Asked the girl

“Y…Yes…” mumbled Yesung

She stopped then stretched her hand “I’m Jang Mia, Nice to meet you!”

Yesung who couldn’t look at her straight in the face shake her hands and said “I’m Kim Jong Woon”

Mia smiled at his shyness, once they entered, she helped him with procedures, he couldn’t look at her straight, but was really thankful, when they arrived backstage they parted ways so he could join the guy’s waiting room

“Good Luck!” she shouted

 

He awkwardly smiled then hurriedly went to the waiting room.

The Guys where the first to pass the auditions, and the girls were next.

Even though he was stressed at hell, he managed to sing as he do with his choral, but he was impressed by the others guy’s dancing skills.

When the girls turn came, Yesung watched the performances, sure the girls were pretty but lacked something, when Mia’s turn came…He couldn’t hold himself from being impressed by her powerful voice AND skilful dancing.

When the results where announced, he couldn’t believe he was in the finals with Mia and the other guy.

 

At the last performance, he gave all he got, he was the first to pass.

When he was done, he wasn’t satisfied by his performance and angrily went to the waiting room to find Mia

“You really were great!” she joyfully said

“I …I can only sing…and even at singing I !” he stated

She then went to him, and gave him an energizing drink

“I wish I could sing as you did…You have such a great and powerful voice…I fell in love with your voice countryside boy”

Yesung who was drinking shock, and started coughing

Which made Mia laugh

At this moment, someone entered “Mia, your turn in 2minutes!”

She nodded then turned to yesung “You have great talent…Just be patient!” she winked at him and went to the stage.

 

Yesung watched Mia as she went to the stage, and lifelessly followed her to watch her performance from the backstage.

Once she started playing the piano, and singing he was really touched and couldn’t hold back his tears…He cried because he could feel sadness in her voice, he cried because he knew that he lost, he cried because she was beautiful….Being the naïve and innocent countryside guy he is he couldn’t hold back his feelings, which made the other arrogant contestant from gangnam laughing.

Once she finished the last note, Yesung quickly got back to the waiting room where the others joined him.

 

When she entered she smiled at him, and congratulate both of them.

Yesung couldn’t respond, when the staff came to escorte them, he turned around to see Mia checking her phone.

On stage, he was looking back and forth, Mia hasn’t joined them, when he heard

“And the winner of SM contest, JANG MIA!”

 

He was sure she will win, but he wasn’t sad because he lost…He lost to a pretty gifted person that deserves to win…

At this moment, a person went to the announcer and whispered something in his ear.

The announcer coughed out of frustration, then went back to the judges, leaving the crowd and the contestants confused.

 

Yesung was feeling something fishy, he looked in the backstage to find a lifeless Mia walking with two guys escorting her to the exit, when he tried to get closer, he saw that she was silently crying.

Then was dragged back to the stage, where he stood still not understanding what he just saw..

“Due to some inconvenience, the winner has been replaced” stated the announcer

 

“AND……The Winner is Kim Jong Woon”